Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

NotWearingPants posted:

Can someone repost the link to that mod that locks auto-aim to the tank closest to your reticle even if the reticle is not on the tank?

https://github.com/krzcho/autoaim_indicator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Thanks!

This feels like a bit like cheating because it's so much better, but on the other hand it sort of feels like this is the way it should be without mods.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Overwined posted:

Last time I checked this honor belonged to the UE 57.

Huh. I was way off. That's what I get for not paying attention to anything lower than tier 6.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

warcrimes posted:

Obsidian has a pretty good rep and Fallout: Las Vegas and Stick of Truth are loving awesome. Pillars of Eternity looks promising, too.

Also, all the WoT UI clone stuff will change, they're placeholders.

Oh, I absolutely love Obsidian games; I'm just saying they're usually pushed into excellence by solid writing rather than solely their gameplay, and an arcade tank shooter will be an interesting change for them.

I also somehow suspect that they won't seriously modify the UI, why make it that way in the first place if they're going to switch it all later? It's clear they know who their target market is and what they're used to. That's not exactly a complaint on my part, though, since the gameplay looks like it can be fun and fast-paced.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Generation Internet posted:

Oh, I absolutely love Obsidian games; I'm just saying they're usually pushed into excellence by solid writing rather than solely their gameplay, and an arcade tank shooter will be an interesting change for them.

I also somehow suspect that they won't seriously modify the UI, why make it that way in the first place if they're going to switch it all later? It's clear they know who their target market is and what they're used to. That's not exactly a complaint on my part, though, since the gameplay looks like it can be fun and fast-paced.

I mean, other than they actually SAID these are placeholder UIs, sure, I guess they won't modify it.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

JuffoWup posted:

This. I love my 111. The 112 though sucks and should never be bought.

People keep saying that the 112 is bad but it is arguably my favorite tier 8 that isn't the t32 and certainly my go-to credit grinder.

http://1drv.ms/1KGEuqt

I played a couple solo rounds tonight before strongholds stuff and if you are on the fence about the 112 you should at least watch the sand river one. I don't think there is a single other tier 8 that could have won where the 112 did.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Burt posted:

I have been going bat poo poo insane today trying to get my MT "kill 2 mediums" mission and LT "spot an SPG". Every game I take the MT out there are no more than 1 medium on the other team and when I take the LT out, you guessed it, no arty.

I did get HT15, combined damage and bounces of over 10k in an IS-7. :smug:

If it makes you feel better the next one is kill 3 mediums. :negative:

Rage sold the panter 2 after being 1 shot by arty (for the 4th time that day) and free xped the rest of the way. holy poo poo the e50 is hilarious, i must have been imbued with pubbie luck this game or something, but when you receive over twice your health in potential damage in a medium cant help but :smug:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Snakes in a can posted:

If it makes you feel better the next one is kill 3 mediums. :negative:

Rage sold the panter 2 after being 1 shot by arty (for the 4th time that day) and free xped the rest of the way. holy poo poo the e50 is hilarious, i must have been imbued with pubbie luck this game or something, but when you receive over twice your health in potential damage in a medium cant help but :smug:

I'm tempted to pick up the E-50 again next time there is a crew retraining sale. I sold it a few patches before it got buffed, and regret it. Also I've got this German medium crew sitting around, and its not like I'm going to ever rebuy the Leo Prototype.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

CitizenKain posted:

I'm tempted to pick up the E-50 again next time there is a crew retraining sale. I sold it a few patches before it got buffed, and regret it. Also I've got this German medium crew sitting around, and its not like I'm going to ever rebuy the Leo Prototype.

The E-50M is IMO the best overall Tier X tank.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
I can't finish party prep XX: Pin balloons on back of T29. The reward is 2 silver.

Any hints?

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 11, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Animal posted:

The E-50M is IMO the best overall Tier X tank.

This may be true.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The E-50M is the most fun tank simply because you can track an unsuspecting Batchat and them ram it for 1000 damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh hey RNG is kind of hilarious:

I should not have lived. Also literally never aim because you're better off snapshoting while moving.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Oh hey RNG is kind of hilarious:

I should not have lived. Also literally never aim because you're better off snapshoting while moving.

Let me tell you about snapshotting on the move. It involves a 155 58 and 6 victims. No I am not joking, I have killed that many arty in shotgun while on the move. Arty should not have the ability to do this pretty reliably.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Let me tell you about snapshotting on the move. It involves a 155 58 and 6 victims. No I am not joking, I have killed that many arty in shotgun while on the move. Arty should not have the ability to do this pretty reliably.

The Bishop is laughably more accurate full speed third person view than it is in artillery view aimed in. Good times.

of course full speed in the Bishop is slightly above walking speed, but whatever.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hey, Otter guys.
If you play a T-54 you are apparently a statpadder according to your clan mate AggressorV. Who also unfortunately lost all the games we faced him in. He was not mad at all.

Also, got Stalingrad in my IS-8, went west to fight in the city and racked up 3.8k damage, until I got killed by a T71. Thanks to AlleviatedRisk we won easily.
But in the after battle report I had 4.3k damage, where the last 500 HP came from me shooting at different tanks and then blindly hitting a M53/55 for almost all his health.
Never not blind shoot.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Mesadoram posted:

If it was not for Macdiesel diplomacy, the "goon purge of crabs" and Primelaw being awesome I would not be in OTTER.

So I guess I should thank him?

Edit: Speaking of old times, anyone know if Casca and Anderson are still alive?

Casca was in CRABS and then he moved to another clan with a bunch of those guys. Haven't seen Anderson in forever. Last I time I heard from Casca he sounded like he wasn't really into tanks anymore.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121493-Big_Boy_Brigade/
For Big Boys

Wednesday-only, three tier VIIIs and one V on Mittenberg, which'll be a hoot at least. I have zero tank ideas for this. Needs 6 players to a team, so sign up if you wanted to join this weeks tourny.

Passwords the usual.

This team can fit one more player! It's running tomorrow! It's Mittenberg with tier 8s!

Join up if you want to pretend to be social! It's 7:30 PM EST.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh poo poo the tournament's at 7:30 and not 8:30? Welp I'm gonna barely get in for the first game. Also be sure to press the apply button before noon eastern.

Cardiac posted:

Hey, Otter guys.
If you play a T-54 you are apparently a statpadder according to your clan mate AggressorV. Who also unfortunately lost all the games we faced him in. He was not mad at all.

Wasn't Aggressor one of the DOS callers? Did DOS finally die too?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121496-RL_Valkyries/
For Big Ladies

It's a Skirmish! Runs from the 16-22 but most of that is only if you make the finals. Being slightly above average nets you 500 gold so no sweat.
Mittenberg again, 5 tanks, tier 8 max heavies only with 38 points. Again, no clue. 5 players and 3 reserves.

Join the Skirmish team you nerds, top 20% is super easy in tier 8s where there are a billion terrible pubbie teams for us to kick around, and top 10% is super doable. Our map strat is "get in a big ball and go murder people."

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

So I was a big dum dum and didn't check it out on the test server - is the new AMX premium as good as previously advertised, or did some nerfs hit it? Seems quite cheap.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mmkay posted:

So I was a big dum dum and didn't check it out on the test server - is the new AMX premium as good as previously advertised, or did some nerfs hit it? Seems quite cheap.

I don't think it got nerfed but it's not really as good as advertised either. Standard MM, 3x-overmatched everything and 0,16 turret bloom are the main downsides.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still got some nice upsides. It's just not tank jesus. Overall, I think I'd rather have an FCM 50 t (although gold for gold it gets trickier).

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

mmkay posted:

its a poor mans fcm.

disappointed they nerfed the ground resistances from something like 0.8 to 1.6, i was looking forward to a t8 med with bt-7 acceleration.

might be an alright pickup if you have a batchat and plan to go down the amx 30 line as well.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Snakes in a can posted:

disappointed they nerfed the ground resistances from something like 0.8 to 1.6, i was looking forward to a t8 med with bt-7 acceleration.

Wait, poo poo, did they?

fakeedit: lol <terrainResistance>1.5 1.7 3</terrainResistance>. gently caress that.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

That reminds me, the motion physics update is supposed to do away with passability and replace it with (if I got it right) a pure % modifier on engine power delivered to the transmission. For some reason I find this really funny.

*Right-clicks and checks stats* "This tank has a 1200 HP engine" *hidden stat cuts that in half, tank is actually slow as hell*

Still it's not like that's fundamentally different from the current situation. Just a little more on the nose.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

Hey, Otter guys.

I get called all sorts of things because of the tags. I get called a re-roll more often than not though (I have a beta account).

AlmightyPants posted:

Casca was in CRABS and then he moved to another clan with a bunch of those guys. Haven't seen Anderson in forever. Last I time I heard from Casca he sounded like he wasn't really into tanks anymore.

Casca was a pretty good guy, both of them were overwhelmed when fearless leader quit. Then to go from NDP to CRABS was like going from one sinking ship to another. No wonder they burned out.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Mesadoram posted:

I get called all sorts of things because of the tags. I get called a re-roll more often than not though.

Re-roll!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

You cheeky son of a bitch :arghfist:

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Thanks to AlleviatedRisk we won easily.

Lies! He is too good to play with goons anymore. :frogout:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Mesadoram posted:

You cheeky son of a bitch :arghfist:

Pistols in the courtyard at dawn!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The Southern Dandy posted:

Pz1Cs in the courtyard at dawn!

Make it so!

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Prav posted:

That reminds me, the motion physics update is supposed to do away with passability and replace it with (if I got it right) a pure % modifier on engine power delivered to the transmission. For some reason I find this really funny.

*Right-clicks and checks stats* "This tank has a 1200 HP engine" *hidden stat cuts that in half, tank is actually slow as hell*

Still it's not like that's fundamentally different from the current situation. Just a little more on the nose.

Yeah that's even more retarded. If there's no terrain differentation why not just show actual HP in game?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Refried Noodle posted:

Yeah that's even more retarded. If there's no terrain differentation why not just show actual HP in game?

I think terrain differentiation is still going to be a thing. And hey, they might actually show the coefficient since it's much more straight-forward than passability. We'll see.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

AMX-40s with HE-only loadouts in the courtyard at dawn!

It's the true gentleman way. You know it.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

WitchFetish posted:

Ask me about having to spot 6 tanks without getting spotted at any time ever, minimum tier 6.

F
U
N

I don't see that mission in the list for the T-55 missions...

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Magni posted:

It's the true gentleman way. You know it.

How dare you sir. Macaroni salads are the truest test of worth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

How dare you sir. Macaroni salads are the truest test of worth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Haha, he/she rises! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLTlfljynV4

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
OH MY GOD. they dropped the ball with 9.6. Accuracy nerf is HORRENDOUS. playing a bit now and every loving shot curve all over the place. this is loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Somehow I think we'd get that post even if they forgot to actually include the acc changes in the patch.