Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

How is the 480 AD mod besides the ridiculous north africa?

Brutus Salad posted:

Hey guys, remember that 480AD mod?

I found some pretty wonderful new bugs in it. :)
Let me tell you the story of the Turko-Russian war, friend. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm getting real tired of the Papacy's poo poo in this game.

What did you do to piss off the game that much? I've never seen anything like this.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Torrannor posted:

What did you do to piss off the game that much? I've never seen anything like this.
I think that king had just been exorcised at the time of that screenshot, but I know that he'd be possessed at least for a bit there. That's about it, though. I haven't attacked the Pope, I haven't insulted the Pope, I've absolutely done nothing to the Pope, I swear. I even joined in the crusades!

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.
So I pressed my claim on the Holy Roman Empire...

:getin:

T___A fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 10, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Latin Empire is just kind of hanging out in HRE in my game. They have a single barony and a shitload of dynasty members, and I can only assume they're acting out a Gormenghastian parody of imperial decline in their tiny castle.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 10, 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Playing as Ivaljo "the Radish" of Bulgaria right now. The Golden Horde has begun to fall apart, which is giving me an opportunity to reconquer ancient Bulghar lands. Great Old Bulgaria here I come!

EDIT: Can someone remind me what retinue I should focus on as a Bulgarian?

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 11, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is there a way that I can have a kingdom/duchy become a republic and have a member of my ruling family start up a merchant house there?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Scrree posted:

I thought that when you used the 'Found a New Kingdom' option from the intrigue menu it would let you choose the name and color of your new kingdom. Instead it just gave me the Kingdom of Croatia title, which I already had the requirements for and could've gotten at any time.

I just wanted to make a sweet blue colored Kingdom of Aquileia, why is that so hard :negative:

There's a DLC that lets you edit basically everything.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Gridlocked posted:

Is there a way that I can have a kingdom/duchy become a republic and have a member of my ruling family start up a merchant house there?

Revoke a coastal duchy, county and a city underneath it. Manually hand off city to random kinsman, then give him the county (order is important here). Then give him a duchy. Should work.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Gridlocked posted:

For a while at any rate, never seen family fair well when left to their own. It's the same process as any merchant republic. Give a town to a family member, give the county and then duchy.

Seriously though, they gonna get stabbed the gently caress up and be out on the streets within a decade.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If you accidentally inherit the republic, it dies, and there's almost no benefit to trying it. Keep in mind that republic succession is basically just seniority, so your old as poo poo king/emperor could inherit it at any time, especially considering how much prestige he'll be bringing in. Just give the county and duchy to whichever mayor is there, provided that mayor is of your culture and religion. No difference and much safer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You're removed from Republic line of succession if you are a feudal ruler.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it was inheriting the kingdom as a republic. One way or the other, I quit a game a while back because of succession fuckery with my vassal republic.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There's a DLC that lets you edit basically everything.

Can you use it while in IRONMAN mode?

Ragequit inducing event of the day: Pick the stewardship lifepath for my pretty good king, get Depressed, Stressed and Ill within three years and dies at 38. Then his son inherits at around 9 years old and rolls the Ambitious event - his guardian removes it. I change his guardian and then the kid rolls the diligent event - his new guardian removes it and gives him slothful instead.

He's still quick and will probably turn out fine after a pilgrimage and some hunting expeditions, but holy moly did my lineage's situation go from good to complete trash in less then a decade.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You should be removed from feudal succession as a republic too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm quite dissapointed that the average coat of arms in Lux Invicta is limited to uninspired designs and with so few colors. Where could I find a great coat of arms mod?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Scrree posted:

Ragequit inducing event of the day: Pick the stewardship lifepath for my pretty good king, get Depressed, Stressed and Ill within three years and dies at 38. Then his son inherits at around 9 years old and rolls the Ambitious event - his guardian removes it. I change his guardian and then the kid rolls the diligent event - his new guardian removes it and gives him slothful instead.

He's still quick and will probably turn out fine after a pilgrimage and some hunting expeditions, but holy moly did my lineage's situation go from good to complete trash in less then a decade.

Settle down. Missing out on some decent traits aren't the end of the world.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
That happens every time you get stuck in a regency.

"Oh, Gregarious? NOPE. Oh, Shy? Yeah, we can keep that one. BRB lowering crown authority."

Regents are assholes.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Scrree posted:

Yeah, it's purely cosmetic so it's allowed in ironman.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What the heck do I do with kingdoms? I'm in my first play through after the tutorial. I made it to like 1266 and I'm the king of Ireland and I have half of Scotland and some of england and now I have two kingdoms I can assign but if I do they become independent.

I'm not in the learning scenario I know my history I know what happened to Leon and Castille

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

What the heck do I do with kingdoms? I'm in my first play through after the tutorial. I made it to like 1266 and I'm the king of Ireland and I have half of Scotland and some of england and now I have two kingdoms I can assign but if I do they become independent.

Hold on to them until you can form the empire of britannia. When you're approaching the vassal limit as an emperor, you can hand off kingdoms, as it will lower your direct vassals within that kingdom to 1. Be smart about it though. Don't hold on to Scotland and expect Ireland and England to not come after you for independence.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
My guy's father was a Petty King, why am I a Jarl? I realize they're the same level title, just wondering at the change, since both characters are Norse unreformed Germanic pagans in Scandinavia. Not that it matters.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Volkerball posted:

Hold on to them until you can form the empire of britannia. When you're approaching the vassal limit as an emperor, you can hand off kingdoms, as it will lower your direct vassals within that kingdom to 1. Be smart about it though. Don't hold on to Scotland and expect Ireland and England to not come after you for independence.

I loaded up and I forgot England is now owned by the Aztec Empire

Here is my situation map wise I still have to learn what the gently caress matters in my court/ vassals to screenshot

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

I loaded up and I forgot England is now owned by the Aztec Empire

Here is my situation map wise I still have to learn what the gently caress matters in my court/ vassals to screenshot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WChTqYlDjtI

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Once the Aztecs popped up in game i immediantly gave each one whos portrait is on the event button 20-55 gold so they like me and have shown no signs of aggression so I'm hoping at the very least I can grab Moray and sneak into Berziah near the end and take that too.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Once the Aztecs popped up in game i immediantly gave each one whos portrait is on the event button 20-55 gold so they like me and have shown no signs of aggression so I'm hoping at the very least I can grab Moray and sneak into Berziah near the end and take that too.
Make sure the heir likes you too. I did this, and it was going okay, then the Aztec leader died at about 40 and his son immediately Holy War'd my rear end. Once their event troops are gone though, they're not so tough. They last 50 years after the invasion, iirc.

What are your succession laws? If it's Not-Gavelkind, it might be a smart idea to form the Kingdom of Scotland (I think you have enough), make sure it has the same succession as Ireland (Ultimo is good), then De Jure your way through Moray. If the same guy inherits them all, you can keep multiple kingdom titles together pretty much indefinitely.

Might be worth sending your chancellor to make trouble in Moray: you can plow through five independent counties a lot faster than one big blob. Also, find dudes with county claims, invite them to your court, then push the claim. Not sure what the exactly circumstances are to cause it, but this will usually make them independent, which lowers the time needed to sweep the whole place up.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 11, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

If it's any consolation, the Aztecs usually let you keep a kingdom title after they conquer you. If they don't capture you in battle and cut out your heart for Queztalcoatl, that is.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Make sure the heir likes you too. I did this, and it was going okay, then the Aztec leader died at about 40 and his son immediately Holy War'd my rear end. Once their event troops are gone though, they're not so tough. The last 50 years after the invasion, iirc.

What are your succession laws? If it's Not-Gavelkind, it might be a smart idea to form the Kingdom of Scotland (I think you have enough), make sure it has the same succession as Ireland (Ultimo is good), then De Jure your way through Moray. If the same guy inherits them all, you can keep multiple kingdom titles together pretty much indefinitely. Might be worth sending your chancellor to make trouble in Moray: you can plow through five indepedent counties a lot faster than one big blob.

agnatic cognatic Primogeniture are my succession laws

I have the Kingdom of Alba and the Kingdom of Bhreatain Bheag but I don't recall actually forming them I might have I was pretty drunk last night. Both consist of at least one republic and I was going to ask how that happened but I saw a post earlier talking about that.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah you got it on lock then. Make sure Wales and Scotland are also Primo, De Jure chip away at the smaller guys who own poo poo that belongs to you, wait 50 years until the Aztecs lose their superarmy and/or convert to Catholicism, then go and gently caress their princesses until you've got a decent claim.

I was in the same situation in my British Empire game. Ireland/Scotland/Wales together have more than enough troops to take all of England.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah you got it on lock then. Make sure Wales and Scotland are also Primo, De Jure chip away at the smaller guys who own poo poo that belongs to you, wait 50 years until the Aztecs lose their superarmy and/or convert to Catholicism, then go and gently caress their princesses until you've got a decent claim.

I was in the same situation in my British Empire game. Ireland/Scotland/Wales together have more than enough troops to take all of England.

Of all three kingdoms I guess I'm made of I have claim to all three. I'm worried about my republics but as long as they stay faithful I won't chop any heads off.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Sucrose posted:

My guy's father was a Petty King, why am I a Jarl? I realize they're the same level title, just wondering at the change, since both characters are Norse unreformed Germanic pagans in Scandinavia. Not that it matters.

Nevermind, reloading fixed this.

Do characters ever get deleted in the game? I had some lowborn characters who have just gone missing when my ruler died.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

So this is interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2vgehp/found_a_gamebreaking_exploit_for_ck2/

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

So basically the more armies you have fighting in a battle the more military tech you gain. Up to an insane level if you bring tons of small armies to a fight without combining them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aren't I supposed to be able to reform the Jewish faith upon building the third temple? I can;t seem to find the option.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Aren't I supposed to be able to reform the Jewish faith upon building the third temple? I can;t seem to find the option.

Once the temple is built, events will pop up over the next few months saying that the religious head dude has showed up, and forming the zealots.

He lost 26,000 men in one fight while the enemy lost like 3k.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Once the temple is built, events will pop up over the next few months saying that the religious head dude has showed up, and forming the zealots.

He lost 26,000 men in one fight while the enemy lost like 3k.

I've been waiting years. Where is the event file?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My ruler is still alive, also, so it's not the bug where that event chain is borked if your ruler dies.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've been waiting years. Where is the event file?

I don't know, but that doesn't sound like it's WAD.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently you need to actually hold k_israel. Stupid wiki not telling me what I want to know. That has to be the most useless holy order of all time...I had to beat the crap out of the biggest superpower on the planet to become jerusalem...I don't need a holy order anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Apparently you need to actually hold k_israel. Stupid wiki not telling me what I want to know. That has to be the most useless holy order of all time...I had to beat the crap out of the biggest superpower on the planet to become jerusalem...I don't need a holy order anymore.

It's still handy since now all the Catholics are going to be going after you.

• Locked thread