Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
At first I was :kimchi:, but then I was :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

He even got a spiffy new tie!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

So that's where they were keeping it.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

hello gob i enjoy your work

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

:staredog: Literally nothing is a red herring or a throwaway one-off joke.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

In the fourth panel Pasqualo briefly adopts the semblance of a magical girl.

:allears:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Blackheart posted:

So, has Pasqualo's soul been chillin' with Satan this whole time?

I hope we get a flashback where we see Pasqualo's soul in hell and Satan is just chilling with Pasqualo's Dad.

Mostly I just want more Pasqualo's Dad

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

SatansOnion posted:

In the fourth panel Pasqualo briefly adopts the semblance of a magical girl.

:allears:

Anyone else get a Sailor Moon vibe from it?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

It's amazing

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Trisssh's face in the second to last panel is adorable :3:

Hey Gob, are there any decisions you made about the story (that we've seen so far of course) that could have gone in completely different directions?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I love how it allmooooost becomes a harem anime and then :boom: dickhole storage callback.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Ballz posted:

I love how it allmooooost becomes a harem anime and then :boom: dickhole storage callback.

:vince: the perfect emote

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Trisssh's face in the second to last panel is adorable :3:

Hey Gob, are there any decisions you made about the story (that we've seen so far of course) that could have gone in completely different directions?
Absolutely, yes. I talk a little bit about it in the podcast that I'll be putting out later this month. But yeah, the only part of this story that was properly planned was the beginning. Everything after the apocalypse has been made up on the spot mostly. I've had lots and lots of plans but I've thrown lots of them out the window for the sake of something better / funnier. Originally after the apocalypse the whole story was gonna be Pasqualo, Ally, & friends VS Aurora. Like, for the rest of IT HURTS. I totally threw that idea out the window and I'm really really glad I did.

The Hellbeast encounter was gonna happen a lot earlier, too. I dropped little hints as soon as they got back to the school. I didn't feel like dealing with that poo poo so I sent Ally and Pasqualo off on an adventure to find Katie and I figured I'd deal with it later. At one point it was gonna be dealt with by Aurora alone when she returned to the school and neither Trisssh or Mr. Jones knew she was super powerful. In the end I decided to make The Hellbeast thing an Ally story. Her thing with Tubsy, her getting payback, etc. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for the most part.

Another thing I was gonna do differently was Katie's rescue. Originally, Pasqualo and Ally were gonna have nothing to do with it and completely forget about Katie. Ally and Pasqualo were gonna re-unite with Aurora after a few months of them wandering around aimlessly and Aurora was gonna fly Pasqualo around and show him the world much like Aladdin did to Jasmine. When they were flying around it would cut to two people looking up at the sky. Surprise! It's KATIE! Remember HER?! And who's this mysterious lady that resembles Pasqualo?!

One thing that might upset people: Tubsy was supposed to come back like almost immediately after the apocalypse. I'm sorry!

The vampire girl Judith was supposed to actually be part of the cast. Changed my mind.

With this stupid comic I tend to put tons of thought into some parts of the story and very very little in others.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

tlarn posted:

:staredog: Literally nothing is a red herring or a throwaway one-off joke.

Dear god. :vince:

I was wondering why he was so happy with having his dick blown off but then bam, Chekhov's gun cyborg heart.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It would have been neat to see more of the world, especially with what we do see from number 100 (that giant panda was legit creepy). I guess you would prefer a more gradual reveal?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Didn't the Hellbeast say he ate Tubsy's soul, too? What happens to that thing now that Hellbeast is dead?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I assume Pasq is wearing those clothes because that's the way Aurora still visualizes him

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
Trisssh looks so happy in Panel #9.

Trisssh + Pasq forever. I ship it, now.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
someone's going to get eggs in his brains

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ArchetypeBlue posted:

Trisssh looks so happy in Panel #9.

Trisssh + Pasq forever. I ship it, now.

Hogge Wild posted:

someone's going to get eggs in his brains

:o:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gobolatula posted:

One thing that might upset people: Tubsy was supposed to come back like almost immediately after the apocalypse. I'm sorry!

I like the way you phrased this not to be "sorry it didn't happen" but "sorry it didn't happen yet."

Keep hope alive. :gbsmith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gobolatula posted:

Originally after the apocalypse the whole story was gonna be Pasqualo, Ally, & friends VS Aurora. Like, for the rest of IT HURTS. I totally threw that idea out the window and I'm really really glad I did.

I'm glad you did too, Aurora is my favorite character and it's fun getting to see her have friends and learn how to be a normal girl :3:.

Gobolatula posted:

What was Tubsy going to come back as? Was he going to be a zombie like ally or something even stranger?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

I like the way you phrased this not to be "sorry it didn't happen" but "sorry it didn't happen yet."

Keep hope alive. :gbsmith:

The same thing went through my head as well when I read that. Maybe...maybe...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gobolatula posted:

The vampire girl Judith was supposed to actually be part of the cast. Changed my mind.

She might have been fun bUT I think you made the right decision. The cast is big enough as it is.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What was Tubsy going to come back as? Was he going to be a zombie like ally or something even stranger?
Some kind of badass demon. I kept imagining him hatching from a big gross hell egg kind of like Femto from Berserk.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wicker Man posted:

The same thing went through my head as well when I read that. Maybe...maybe...

It ends up being one of them "well why they just give Aeris a phoenix down to revive her" gameplay/reality segregations.

As I pointed out before, Tubsy should just be a title bestowed upon they who wear that ginger scalp of his. If only they had someone in need of a scalp, someone with a skull-cap, as it were...

Edit:

Gobolatula posted:

Some kind of badass demon. I kept imagining him hatching from a big gross hell egg kind of like Femto from Berserk.

HOLY poo poo. :hawaaaafap:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The background in the last panel, is that the table the family was hiding under with all the rocks on it?

It's the little things.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The background in the last panel, is that the table the family was hiding under with all the rocks on it?

It's the little things.

Yeah, looks like some of the zombie minions are helping out. For a second I thought it was a field goal, but then I was thinking "what's that doing INSIDE the school building?"

Gobolatula posted:

Awww, I toyed with that idea at some point.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Looks like Pas-q got some of his humanity back with his heart restored.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Operant posted:

I read this comic and I thought it was kind of bad at first but it turns out it actually is The Tits

Goddamn this rules

Wicker Man posted:

At first I was :kimchi:, but then I was :stonklol:

Goddamn this rules

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Leroy Dennui posted:

Looks like Pas-q got some of his humanity back with his heart restored.

:darksouls:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So it turns out Skullcap Frank was in comic 100. And I only found out because it's tagged with him. I'm kind of curious if that tag was always there

Literally Kermit posted:

It ends up being one of them "well why they just give Aeris a phoenix down to revive her" gameplay/reality segregations.

As I pointed out before, Tubsy should just be a title bestowed upon they who wear that ginger scalp of his. If only they had someone in need of a scalp, someone with a skull-cap, as it were...

Edit:

HOLY poo poo. :hawaaaafap:
Tubsy was his scalp the entire time. The only truly indestructible part of him. When placed on an empty skull, he starts to take over. Woe be to the fool who tries to use Tubsy's scalp as a toupee.

And form Twobsyface.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Kgummy posted:

So it turns out Skullcap Frank was in comic 100. And I only found out because it's tagged with him. I'm kind of curious if that tag was always there
Nah the tag was "zombies" until they re-appeared and I asked the dudes on 4chan to name them.

Isambard K. Brunel
Nov 2, 2011

``...an explosion in the engine room ... would have destroyed a lesser ship''

Literally Kermit posted:

is :black101: as gently caress.

Same - he actually cites metal as one of the inspirations, which is absolutely appropriate. Everyone should read this, and It Hurts!!! too!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Kgummy posted:

Tubsy was his scalp the entire time. The only truly indestructible part of him. When placed on an empty skull, he starts to take over. Woe be to the fool who tries to use Tubsy's scalp as a toupee.

And form Twobsyface.

If you remember in 100, the HellBeast wrapped its arms around everything but the top of Tubsy's head. It seems like that's how it "digested him", by whatever was being touched by the arms.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gobolatula posted:

Nah the tag was "zombies" until they re-appeared and I asked the dudes on 4chan to name them.

I still get a kick out of the meta-joke you did with Judith; even for all the two strips she was in, she still got a tag!

Which is another question! When Ally 'borrowed' Judith's eyeball, it looked like she could move it! Could she 'see' using it as well, or does she just magically 'see' out her eye-socket in general?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Literally Kermit posted:

I still get a kick out of the meta-joke you did with Judith; even for all the two strips she was in, she still got a tag!

Which is another question! When Ally 'borrowed' Judith's eyeball, it looked like she could move it! Could she 'see' using it as well, or does she just magically 'see' out her eye-socket in general?
Thank you very much!

Anyway, the only eye that Ally can see out of is her remaining original eye. She just stuffed ol' Marceline-wannabe's eye in her socket just to see what would happen and because she found the idea of killing someone and and using their eye as a replacement to be really funny. She tossed it away because she's actually proud of her eye hole.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gobolatula posted:

Thank you very much!

Anyway, the only eye that Ally can see out of is her remaining original eye. She just stuffed ol' Marceline-wannabe's eye in her socket just to see what would happen and because she found the idea of killing someone and and using their eye as a replacement to be really funny. She tossed it away because she's actually proud of her eye hole.

Yeah, she says as much, literally seconds after reviving:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

Yeah, she says as much, literally seconds after reviving:

Honestly I think the time when Ally finally comes back from the dead and the few pages after that are like my favorite part of the entire story so far. I love revisiting it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Gobolatula posted:

Absolutely, yes. I talk a little bit about it in the podcast that I'll be putting out later this month. But yeah, the only part of this story that was properly planned was the beginning. Everything after the apocalypse has been made up on the spot mostly. I've had lots and lots of plans but I've thrown lots of them out the window for the sake of something better / funnier. Originally after the apocalypse the whole story was gonna be Pasqualo, Ally, & friends VS Aurora. Like, for the rest of IT HURTS. I totally threw that idea out the window and I'm really really glad I did.

The Hellbeast encounter was gonna happen a lot earlier, too. I dropped little hints as soon as they got back to the school. I didn't feel like dealing with that poo poo so I sent Ally and Pasqualo off on an adventure to find Katie and I figured I'd deal with it later. At one point it was gonna be dealt with by Aurora alone when she returned to the school and neither Trisssh or Mr. Jones knew she was super powerful. In the end I decided to make The Hellbeast thing an Ally story. Her thing with Tubsy, her getting payback, etc. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for the most part.

Another thing I was gonna do differently was Katie's rescue. Originally, Pasqualo and Ally were gonna have nothing to do with it and completely forget about Katie. Ally and Pasqualo were gonna re-unite with Aurora after a few months of them wandering around aimlessly and Aurora was gonna fly Pasqualo around and show him the world much like Aladdin did to Jasmine. When they were flying around it would cut to two people looking up at the sky. Surprise! It's KATIE! Remember HER?! And who's this mysterious lady that resembles Pasqualo?!

With this stupid comic I tend to put tons of thought into some parts of the story and very very little in others.

Man you'd be the best GM

Like I don't even really like D&D but if you took the charge l'd be there day one. The art of making it look like you'd planned it all along is like the #1 skill of pretend nerd fantasy acting

Also in case i hadn't posted here before: comic absolutely owns

• Locked thread