Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
altho i guess if the patty was grilled in a charcoal grill you could glaze it and that would be acceptable

i really wanna try a bison burg but they don't live here :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
They have buffalo burgers at a chain of restaurants around here and i wasnt convinced. Beef still makes the best burgs hands down dont fix what aint broken imo

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

thathonkey posted:

They have buffalo burgers at a chain of restaurants around here and i wasnt convinced. Beef still makes the best burgs hands down dont fix what aint broken imo

is the meat leaner than beef? i've never tried buffalo. lean meats are harder to make a good burg from

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Buffalo is a bit underwhelming as a burger imo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im gonna get a wendys triple baconator today and its gonna own.

i prefer wendys to 5 guys, tbh

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I don't really "get" 5 Guys

oh so you threw a burger patty on a griddle, what's the big deal

is this what qualifies as "special" now, that it wasn't a frozen patty mechanically formed in some factory 800 miles away

people have been making cheapass burgs like this for generations

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I really like burgers, theyre probably my favorite food. For years my friends were hyping up 5 guys to me but i just never got around to going.

Ended up moving a mile from one so i finally tried it. It was good but so overhyped.

Also like i said, i prefer wendys anyway :)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

http://www.groupon.com/deals/pyt-1

$144 for one burger a day for a year ($4,380 value)
Valid at the Philadelphia location (beginning the date of purchase) and the New York City location (starting on the grand opening of the location in July of 2015)
Includes fries

looks like a good deal if you can deal with shithead owners and pretentious hipster waitstaff

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

FogHelmut posted:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/pyt-1
looks like a good deal if you can deal with shithead owners and pretentious hipster waitstaff heart failure

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Five Guys is just ok... It's too expensive and takes too long for what it is. Luckily i have tons of great burger options around me so i havent been to one in years.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
maybe I should start a chain of burger places

motto is "just like 5 guys, but at a reasonable price for a loving hamburger"

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I'm 'burgin'. Are you 'burgin'?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Monkey Fracas posted:

maybe I should start a chain of burger places

motto is "just like 5 guys, but at a reasonable price for a loving hamburger"

Five guys is the same price as wendys here.

Food is too expensive in boston imo

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

:wth: Burging Blunts :wth:

Dude, what to go partners with me?

We can use weed infused lard to cook the stuff in. Vape Shakes.....

I shouldn't say anymore. :ninja:

A page late, but...

You want to open a burger + weed place and not call it The Burger Joint?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

skudmunky posted:

A page late, but...

That's, much, much, better.

:worship:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Burglyfe do you even burg bro!!?

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Coincidentally I'm burgin' at home tonight. Going to throw in some BBQ sauce and avocado as well as the usual bits and serve it with some duck fat fries.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Let's talk about proper construction. I'm a strong proponent of the McDLT style: hot stuff on the bottom, cold stuff on the top. Mustard goes on the bottom, then meat, then cheese, then grilled onion. Tomato, lettuce and mayo go on the top.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Gonna get a burger today.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Let me just also say that duck fat fries are probably the best burg side ever

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fetus Tree posted:

Five guys is the same price as wendys here.

Food is too expensive in boston imo

i paid $11 for a burrito and a soda at qdoba, five guys is a bargain.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I have an unhealthy relationship with mayonnaise

Fuckin love it

FogHelmut posted:

i paid $11 for a burrito and a soda at qdoba, five guys is a bargain.

Yeah, whenever i see people call it overpriced here i just kinda lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
welp burgin hard think I'm goin to wendy's

gonna get a single patty combo with the chili instead of fries

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

skudmunky posted:

A page late, but...

:pusheen:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ron Jeremy posted:

Let's talk about proper construction. I'm a strong proponent of the McDLT style: hot stuff on the bottom, cold stuff on the top. Mustard goes on the bottom, then meat, then cheese, then grilled onion. Tomato goes in the trash, lettuce and mayo go on the top.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

Ron Jeremy posted:

Let's talk about proper construction. I'm a strong proponent of the McDLT style: hot stuff on the bottom, cold stuff on the top. Mustard goes on the bottom, then meat, then cheese, then grilled onion. Tomato goes in the trash, lettuce and mayo go on the top.

But I usually do the reverse. Mayo both sides of a slightly toasted bun, then stack lettuce, red relish, onion, dill pickle, beef patty, and a slice of cheddar. You can add whatever good toppings like hot peppers or bacon on top but those are all the necessities, and that's gonna be my grocery list for this week thanks to this thread.

Also Five Guys is prob great on the east coast, but whatever incarnation crawled west is garbage. I don't imagine In'n'Out would fare too well on the east coast either. Wendy's is best cheap burg where In'n'Out isn't available.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 11, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

I have an unhealthy relationship with mayonnaise

Fuckin love it

You need to jump on this aioli train then my friend. It's like mayo's older more sophisticated brother.

PS qdoba is straight garbage stop eating there.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i like cheap burgers, whats wrong with me?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Smash it Smash hit posted:

example? Some cheap burgers are good

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

You were so close to not being a totally wrong horrible person... so close...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
the whole shebang really. I like most fast food burgers really cant go wrong. The only burgers I cant stand are super thick ones, plus they usually have thick bread which is just not a fun eating experience imho

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Smash it Smash hit posted:

its alright to grab a cheap burg when the burgin strikes hard

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

The Mad Archivist posted:

its alright to grab a cheap burg when the burgin strikes hard

but it's like if I go to a nicer place, I would never order a burger. But, when I need my burger fix ( like prob today ) I just grab a cheapie and stuff it in my mouth.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hey, i'm not above grabbing even a double cheeseburger off the $1 menu at mcdonald's every once in a while. sometimes you gotta have a burger. if we're gonna discuss what I would dub "dirt cheap burgers" the best you can do for ~$1 is the jr. bacon from wendy's though I think.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

thathonkey posted:

hey, i'm not above grabbing even a double cheeseburger off the $1 menu at mcdonald's every once in a while. sometimes you gotta have a burger. if we're gonna discuss what I would dub "dirt cheap burgers" the best you can do for ~$1 is the jr. bacon from wendy's though I think.

thx, think imma go to the local-ish fast food place Rush's today. They got prob my fave its a big'un but its not thick. it pretty much rules.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Hipster burgers can be incredible don't knock em please. Fresh never refrigerated heirloom tomatoes n stuff it's real good, please respect.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pastrami + chili + bacon on a burger, yes/no? I went with yes, it was worth dying 3 years earlier.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuuJp4bDtE

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thathonkey posted:

You need to jump on this aioli train then my friend. It's like mayo's older more sophisticated brother.

Yeah im gonna investigate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
burger update: was pretty good but not their best effort but cashier gave me free fries. 7.5/10

• Locked thread