Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

gggiiimmmppp posted:

my local dadrock station that still plays creed and live and nickelback nonstop has an annual festival

this year, slayer and testament are opening for godsmack

this owns hard, can't wait for footage of the audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'm the biggest idiot ever. I just got really annoyed at Baroness having an insanely long intro track that didn't go anywhere but I had it looping for like half an hour. I thought it was just really proggy.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

gggiiimmmppp posted:

my local dadrock station that still plays creed and live and nickelback nonstop has an annual festival

this year, slayer and testament are opening for godsmack

I don't want to live in a world where this is possible...

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
How is that possible? Slayer split up almost 25 years ago.

Funny that a guy thought a half-hour loop was proggy. This whole album is furious and it's only 27 minutes of thrash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqFN0EjOfoo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hahahaha. Oh, Havok, you wily scamp.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

chaos rhames posted:

I'm the biggest idiot ever. I just got really annoyed at Baroness having an insanely long intro track that didn't go anywhere but I had it looping for like half an hour. I thought it was just really proggy.

This is awesome.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

UltraVariant posted:

Hahahaha. Oh, Havok, you wily scamp.

Disappointed they didn't end that with a reference to jet fuel and steel beams or Building 7. Maybe I just watch too much C-SPAN in the mornings.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

He's missing the obligatory infowars link.

Real talk, I'm super ready for the new Enslaved album. Based on the Thurisasz Dreaming track, it sounds like they're tapping into the more aggressive sound of Ethica Odini Axioma, but then again, you never know what the rest of the album is going to sound like. I hope they do another T-shirt/digipack deal for a preorder.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
And now for something completely different- Adam D from Killswitch Engage just won everything on The Price is Right. Travis from Cattle Decap seen in the audience.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
what

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
please tell me there is footage of this somewhere because I have to see that

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Did he get the vacation or the furniture showcase?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
If the furniture has lumbar support that's what i'm going to guess

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Kumbamontu posted:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/02/10/video-killswitch-engages-adam-dutkiewicz-wins-everything-price-right/

Haven't watched it yet, and it's Metalsucks...

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Kumbamontu posted:

here ya go http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/02/10/video-killswitch-engages-adam-dutkiewicz-wins-everything-price-right/

e: wow posted at the same time

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Were they joking about Travis from Cattle Decapitation windmilling?

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
This one goes out to MrBling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZb-sTWXVk

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
eh, not a big fan of the vocals.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Kumbamontu posted:

Dude loving cleaned house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2jqoUABDGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5keNxXQxQ5w

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
In the first video you posted there's a bit of windmill action at 4:10. Look at the top left.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Winswitch Engaged

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

MrBling posted:

eh, not a big fan of the vocals.

Agreed. I expected either power metal wailing or a black metal rasp after hearing that intro.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
lmao adam is great

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm trapped on a train next to some guys who just saw Machine Head and are discussing Trivium. Meanwhile I'm mad about missing Napalm Death and Voivod.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Adam D Of Killswitch Engage On The Price Is Right (Part 1)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm trapped on a train next to some guys who just saw Machine Head and are discussing Trivium. Meanwhile I'm mad about missing Napalm Death and Voivod.

Never seen voivod live, but you SHOULD be mad about missing Napalm Death, they are badass live. Or at least they were when I saw 'em, like, years ago. Aren't they old as hell now? I mean, like, 50s old?

e: Honestly now that I think of it who gives a gently caress, Old Man Karl still puts on baller Nile shows and I know he's at least 50.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 11, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Vargatron posted:

Real talk, I'm super ready for the new Enslaved album. Based on the Thurisasz Dreaming track, it sounds like they're tapping into the more aggressive sound of Ethica Odini Axioma, but then again, you never know what the rest of the album is going to sound like. I hope they do another T-shirt/digipack deal for a preorder.
I just want the goddamn thing on vinyl. I'm no huge hipster vinyl collector but I have a setup where I can make my own mp3s from it and they DO sound better dammit :colbert:

I do think it's gonna have some Axioma callback but that's just from what Ivar and Grutle have already said about it, somethingsomething "old school" somethingsomething "heavy" ...you get the idea. Also I just KNEW that song was cut off - apparently the real track of Thurisaz Dreaming is over 8 minutes. So we might be looking at another RITTIR when it comes to all the songs being long as gently caress... which hey I'm fine with. Soon as the whole record drops or leaks I'll probably go on ahead and make that Enslaved thread I've been talking about for a year now.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

Never seen voivod live, but you SHOULD be mad about missing Napalm Death, they are badass live. Or at least they were when I saw 'em, like, years ago. Aren't they old as hell now? I mean, like, 50s old?

e: Honestly now that I think of it who gives a gently caress, Old Man Karl still puts on baller Nile shows and I know he's at least 50.

Voivod rule and he should be exactly as mad about missing them as Napalm Death :colbert:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mad about missing Exhumed and Ringworm at that show too.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Fenrir posted:

Speaking of, I saw ND 11 or 12 years ago on that Nile, Napalm Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dark Tranquility & The Berzerker (I think?) tour and they killed. Since they are touring for the best album they've put out in a decade, I am even more excited about seeing them at the end of the month.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I on the other hand, am very excited to be seeing Napalm Death, Voivod, Exhumed and Iron Reagan tonight. I've seen them all (except Voivod) multiple times, but they all put on a great show.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Do you guys have any suggestions for death metal bands from either South America or parts of Asia other than Japan? My collection is lacking in these two areas.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mortem from Peru are alright. Claustrofobia are passable. Internal Suffering and Goretrade are brutal death from Colombia.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
The Brazilian Abhorrence is pretty cool.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Abhorrence, Nephasth, Mental Horror, and Ophiolatry are a good start as far as Brazil goes.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

I already know and/or enjoy Mortem, Abhorrence, Internal Suffering and Goretrade, but I will totally check out Nesphasth, Mental Horror, Claustrofobia and Ophiolatry.

I'm always wondering what the DM scene is like in certain parts of Africa, or India, or obscure parts of South America or Asia, etc...there seems to be great poo poo everywhere if you dig.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have to play D+D tmrw night, so I cant Napalm Death. :(

Well, that and I owe my gf some money for a big trip we're having and its not right to spend on myself when I owe.

I saw them a couple years back tho and it's still loving amazing. Barney is a loving madman still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfadvknFrY

And on one final note, dont say Machine Head sucks on the metalsucks Facebook page unless you want to get bumrushed for being an elitist.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Oliver Reed posted:

Do you guys have any suggestions for death metal bands from either South America or parts of Asia other than Japan? My collection is lacking in these two areas.

Pentagram (Chile) - The self-titled compilation from 2000 includes their essential recordings.
Mutilator (Brazil) - Their first album, Immortal Force, is great. The "Warfare Noise" compilations are pretty cool glimpses into that scene too, Mutilator appear on the first one.
Torturer (Chile) - Their first album "Oppressed by the Force" would be the starting point.

Asia? I could name a thousand terrible brutal death metal bands from Indonesia, but the first name that comes to mind is Brain rear end.

Vintersorg posted:

And on one final note, dont say Machine Head sucks on the metalsucks Facebook page unless you want to get bumrushed for being an elitist.

The problem with Facebook/YouTube comments is that they're full of boneheads who think "elitist" is an insult, but I'm used to it and I'm also too elite to bother with them.

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Oliver Reed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEYEc3l0rkM