Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hubris.height posted:

i had a similar experience to this when i started watching the sopranos and there was a giant rear end computer and also the mario kart 64

This is less present in Curb, because Larry David is rich enough that most of his technology feels like the kind of thing I would be using now, with a few exceptions. Right now, I bet the Hollywood elite are playing a Zelda game from a console that hasn't even been released yet. Their kids are playing the 5DS in the backseat of their flying cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's a new Hitman movie coming out because the license is so hot hot hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELfuiarPpo

Rupert Friend looks better than Timothy Olyphant but it still looks pretty goofy.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I always feel weird because pretty much the only Nintendo games I've ever played were some Pokemon ones.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

I always feel weird because pretty much the only Nintendo games I've ever played were some Pokemon ones.

you should expand your horizons, although pokemon is, in fact, very pro

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm lazy and don't have any consoles though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GenericOverusedName posted:

Did you catch them all in the ones you played?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Nope, version exclusives and I only had one version and one gameboy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Harlock posted:

There's a new Hitman movie coming out because the license is so hot hot hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELfuiarPpo

Rupert Friend looks better than Timothy Olyphant but it still looks pretty goofy.

a pro hitman player would never get involved in a firefight in a city street broad daylight

really a hitman movie would just be a heist movie except somebody gets murdered instead of robbed

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

holy poo poo pewdiepie traveled back in time to shout rape at an arcade cabinet that's amazing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hubris.height posted:

holy poo poo pewdiepie traveled back in time to shout rape at an arcade cabinet that's amazing

Pictured: AVGN shouting "rear end!" at Pearl Harbor.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
predictions on how horribly miscast the legend of zelda netflix show will be??

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I bet they'll actually do a decent job on the casting, except for Link, because there is nobody who can play a character who is the embodiment of a player avatar, so any choice they make will be awkward.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I posted a thread under the orders of the new games management (this thread)

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

A Spider Covets posted:

you should expand your horizons, although pokemon is, in fact, very pro

Pokemon is about as derivative as Call of Duty is. The only reason people don't notice is because the series doesn't get an annual release.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Excels posted:

predictions on how horribly miscast the legend of zelda netflix show will be??

Pewdiepie as Link, calling it right now

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i think i speak for everyone when i say ' i wish'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hubris.height posted:

i think i speak for everyone when i say ' i wish'

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hubris.height posted:

Old arcade flyers are a thing of... beauty?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aspRjrv2SB8

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I was reading about Massive Chalice recently. It sounds interesting but Double Fine's been getting some critical press lately I've heard, goon thoughts?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Zelda show lives and dies on the casting of Gannondorf.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

mr.capps posted:

The Zelda show lives and dies on the casting of Gannondorf.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Roach Warehouse posted:

I was reading about Massive Chalice recently. It sounds interesting but Double Fine's been getting some critical press lately I've heard, goon thoughts?

Buying a Double Fine early access game is probably not a good idea

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

StashAugustine posted:

a pro hitman player would never get involved in a firefight in a city street broad daylight

really a hitman movie would just be a heist movie except somebody gets murdered instead of robbed

The opening kill of The Mechanic is basically the closest thing to an accurate Hitman movie.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Starring Chris Pratt as Darunia, Rauru, Groose, Link and Malon.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Starring Chris Pratt as Darunia, Rauru, Groose, Link and Malon.

he would be a perfect groose

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
state of games board: lots of really funny and cool people and lots of people with a stick up their rear end still

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eonwe posted:

state of games board: lots of really funny and cool people and lots of people with a stick up their rear end still

my aim is to be both. namaste

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Stux posted:

my aim is to be both. namaste

i think you should probably put a rubber chicken in your rear end instead of a stick to achieve this goal

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Supposedly Interstellar Marines is allright but I'm dubious.

It's free for a few days, so I downloaded it. The single player, at least, is a complete hot mess... it feels like System Shock 2 without the inventory system, and the levels and artwork look like it too. (And perform like it too -- I was dropping down to sub-60fps in outdoor environments, then going back up to 200+ in indoor.) 1999 is truly alive and well.

It seems like its selling point is to be a scifi spin on Rainbow Six. All the guns are extremely deadly, so you have to be reliant on stealth and carefully plan your kills. Unfortunately, the stealth aspect of the game isn't very impressive, and neither is the AI on the computer combatants -- they'll detect you and blap you even if you're sitting in perfect darkness 100 yards away.

I deleted it after playing through the tutorial, one of the single player missions, and half of a multiplayer game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

i think you should probably put a rubber chicken in your rear end instead of a stick to achieve this goal

this is my fetish

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Sleeveless posted:

The opening kill of The Mechanic is basically the closest thing to an accurate Hitman movie.

the charles bronson or jason statham or both?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
super best friends made darkest dungeon look really really fun. then again, its early access, and i've been burnt one too many times.

is it worth picking up for 20 bucks?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hubris.height posted:

super best friends made darkest dungeon look really really fun. then again, its early access, and i've been burnt one too many times.

is it worth picking up for 20 bucks?

yes

it is one of the few genuinely excellent and challenging and fun early access games

and it is even getting reasonably quick development on the remaining stuff

the base game is there, they will just be adding a few more classes/dungeons

tbh if they didn't put it in early access and just called it a released game it would still be worth it

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Half-Minute Hero and its sequel were good games, the multiplayer mode of the second game was fun, and I'm sad that you guys let the thread for those games die so quickly.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

ullerrm i just want to say you make a lot of polite and informative posts and i appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

yes... yes!

• Locked thread