Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nutranurse posted:

I kind of miss how I was able to drink way too much in college and just be alright with it. Now after like 2 glasses of whiskey I swear my ulcer's coming back with a vengeance and I'm only 24. It's all downhill from here in that regard because no one in my family holds their booze that well, but at least we age gracefully!

Shameful.:colbert:

Adventure Time managed to make this song too sad for me to listen to.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nintendo Kid posted:

for example an atheist with a jewish background is called a Reform Jew

No, those are actually two distinct things. And it actually causes frictions, because I can tell you that orthodox secular Jews are extremely judgmental about what they perceive as falsely religious Reform Judaism.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh I forgot Obummer was supposed to give a speech about the new endless war today, did he say anything interesting?

Obama knows he's commiting us to a geopolitical quagmire.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Berke Negri posted:

"hail hydra"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bring it on :unsmigghh:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, those are actually two distinct things. And it actually causes frictions, because I can tell you that orthodox secular Jews are extremely judgmental about what they perceive as falsely religious Reform Judaism.

it's a joke my grandfather used to tell. he was a reform jewish rabbi and an architect.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Like" this post if Shortround from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is your patronus.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

wait a minute, are you telling me that I can produce an inferior product, put the word "throwback" on it, post a meme about how only 90s kids will remember it on the Facespace, and make a million dollars!?

if your product sells sin to old white non-poors and young poors, yes.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sharkie posted:

"Like" this post if Shortround from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is your patronus.

Mine is the nuke-proof fridge from the fourth one.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

if your product sells sin to old white non-poors and young poors, yes.

The commercial's black-and-white world is just Reefer Madness footage, it sells itself

also lol

quote:

MONESSEN, Pa. (AP) — Parents in a Pennsylvania school district are turning 50 shades of red over word search puzzles given to middle school students based on an erotic novel and movie.

The students in Monessen were given puzzles based on "Fifty Shades of Grey" that contained terms including "spanking," ''submissive," ''leather cuffs" and "bondage." Other words on the list were more explicit.

One school board member who didn't attend the meeting told WTAE-TV that the puzzle was a big mistake.

"It was a huge but unintentional error and collected from the five students involved as soon as it was realized," Roberta Bergstedt wrote in an email. "Unfortunately one copy was taken by a student who then posted it on social media."

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Luigi Thirty posted:

The commercial's black-and-white world is just Reefer Madness footage, it sells itself

also lol

wait... what? A teacher did this? Or was it just students loving around.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

nutranurse posted:

a teacher printed off the wrong word search and gave it to the kids apparently

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

also lol

Social media: where small fuckups turn into firing of good people because kids are immature fucks

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nutranurse posted:

A teacher probably just did a google search for "word search puzzle" and printed out the first result without reading it too closely, because if they felt like doing work they wouldn't be passing out word search puzzles.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

for example an atheist with a jewish background is called a Reform Jew
Pretty much. No worries about kosher and sabbath stuff, but you can still hate the Nazis.

"Besides, don't forget: I'm Jewish. gently caress the Nazis is a family creed."

E: Black Lagoon is a good show. My dad loving loved it, and said he wished he'd had cartoons like that 30 years ago.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 11, 2015

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

fade5 posted:

Pretty much. No worries about kosher and sabbath stuff, but you can still hate the Nazis.

"Besides, don't forget: I'm Jewish. gently caress the Nazis is a family creed."

thought this dude was from that one anime whose theme song was "I WAS LATE TO HIT IN AMERICA" fsr

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hm the USPOL thread is failing my "simply say that Republicans aren't evil" challenge after they accused me of hyperbole

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

zoux posted:

strong and controversial.

Like people are seriously more ok with corrupt dems than honest repubs I mean come the gently caress on

tbf, it kind of depends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_gubernatorial_election,_1991

sudo rm -rf fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 11, 2015

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In 8th grade a health teacher somehow left a recording of Norma Jean & Maryln for the substitute to show. That was an interesting day.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Cruel, self-interested greed with active opposition to facts is pretty much evil, zoux. Also you keep ignoring when people criticize the Democrats because it doesn't work with your arguments.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

An Angry Bug posted:

Cruel, self-interested greed with active opposition to facts is pretty much evil, zoux. Also you keep ignoring when people criticize the Democrats because it doesn't work with your arguments.

No one is doing that dick dorkins. in fact they are saying they would prefer corrupt dems to honest republicans.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Republicans are actively malicious towards minorities. Corrupt Democrats are horrible too, but they usually do less damage.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

An Angry Bug posted:

I.
Am.
The.
New.
God.
All is one in Darkseid.
This mighty body is my church.
When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices.
When I make a fist to crush your resistance- It is with three billion hands.
When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart.
It is with
six
billion
eyes!
Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you: Nothing will again.
I will take you to a hell without exit or end.
And there I will murder your souls!
And make you crawl
and beg!
And die!
Die!
Die for Darkseid!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

No one is doing that dick dorkins. in fact they are saying they would prefer corrupt dems to honest republicans.

if an honest republican honestly wants to end medicaid, is that okay?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

why am I creeped out by David Duke's face in that photo of him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

if an honest republican honestly wants to end medicaid, is that okay?

no it's not ok. but it doesn't make them evil.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

no it's not ok. but it doesn't make them evil.

why not

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

zoux posted:

zoux if you actually voted and were in virginia, would you have voted cooch? cos that was pretty much the choice in that election.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fade5 posted:

Yeah, sure, and I heard some of those Protestants don't even do proper Sunday Mass. And they call themselves Christians. :smuggo:

Also, everybody can hate the Nazis. :raise:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Because evil would mean they were doing it specifically so that poor people would not get medical care and die and they were like "ahahah yes I love poor death". Probably they have a hosed up ideological reason but my whole point is that assuming that the other side is doing what they do because they are evil is whats wrong with american politics

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Let me explain "evil" to everyone. Evil is a football and evil is Lucy and the D&D chat thread is Charlie Brown.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jagchosis posted:

zoux if you actually voted and were in virginia, would you have voted cooch? cos that was pretty much the choice in that election.

I would neither vote for a Republican unless they were extremely moderate and reasonable and I wouldn't vote for a corrupt democrat either.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Warszawa posted:

your parents own buddy hth

do you also watch fox news all day every or the kim kardashian shows?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

zoux posted:

I would neither vote for a Republican unless they were extremely moderate and reasonable and I wouldn't vote for a corrupt democrat either.

so... Obama?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

zoux posted:

the pussy answer

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

do you also watch fox news all day every or the kim kardashian shows?

no.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
btw remember a few weeks ago when i was like "hm how do i become a ridiculous morning person without sacrificing evening hours"

it's working

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

btw remember a few weeks ago when i was like "hm how do i become a ridiculous morning person without sacrificing evening hours"

it's working

what was the solution you settled on

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Warszawa posted:

it's working

was the secret cocaine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

The Warszawa posted:

it's working

Wait which path did you take? The MIGF run and blow?

• Locked thread