Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

choobs posted:

If it's not clear what's going on, he positioned himself to protect Ms. Blizzard who was strenuously attacking him for no other reason than her own assholishness and insecurity from the blast. It's a perfect "This is what this character is all about" moment, and is badass without being just excessive violence.

She straight up was trying to slash him with a boxcutter! That's about as assholish as you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah the boxcutter was an awesome what the gently caress moment :3:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I love a villain who's got a practical backup weapon, because there always comes a time when your grandiose plans fail and your unstoppable powers are neutralized and then you just gotta cut someone.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

McSpanky posted:

I love a villain who's got a practical backup weapon, because there always comes a time when your grandiose plans fail and your unstoppable powers are neutralized and then you just gotta cut someone.

Like Green Lantern, Baz who carried a 9mm?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Question IRL posted:

Like Green Lantern, Baz who carried a 9mm?

Also Bucky Cap

Captain America 34

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 11, 2015

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Idran posted:

Yeah, but compared to how many assistants that didn't?

No idea, from what I can gather from Google though it seems to be the general entrance route to the industry for most people, for example Murata started off as an assistant to Obata Takeshi. Interestingly they apparently get paid out of the credited creators pocket and do get credits on the volume collections, so it seems to be less exposure and more of an apprenticeship system.

Anyway for content here's a time travelling cowboy fighting a tyrannosaurus rex from 2000Ad's Flesh.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Majuju posted:

New Avengers #29 is filled with all manner of badass things, but here is the quietly-badass first page so I don't spoil nothin':

This is from pages ago but I can't stop imagining Sterling Archer just out of frame bitching about everyone wearing turtlenecks.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

McSpanky posted:

There was a period where somebody else took over Pinhead's job as lead cenobite and evil warlocks or mad scientists tampering with eldritch things would always summon him and bind him with runefields or incantations or holy relics, but all those precautions never stopped Pinhead from busting a cap in their rear end with the gun he always used to depend on before he became Pinhead.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I really like the gun-toting Professor X, that was super bad rear end.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Hardcore, Chuck.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Flesh Forge posted:

I really like the gun-toting Professor X, that was super bad rear end.

Hey look, Professor X always said that he would never use his powers in anger to harm another person or read a mind without permission.

He never said nothin about pulling out his piece and droppin some fool that got all up in his biz.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Network Pesci posted:

There was a period where somebody else took over Pinhead's job as lead cenobite and evil warlocks or mad scientists tampering with eldritch things would always summon him and bind him with runefields or incantations or holy relics, but all those precautions never stopped Pinhead from busting a cap in their rear end with the gun he always used to depend on before he became Pinhead.

What was that in? One of the comics? I'd like to check that out

...unless it's one of the later movies.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Wolverine with a switchblade was pretty bad rear end too.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

...unless it's one of the later movies.

it's from the comics. Don't remember which though.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
It was during the initial part of Morrison's run on New X-Men.

It was originally used for a suicide threat when he was facing the prospect of being mind-controlled by Cassandra Nova, and when it was used against somebody else later it was actually Cassandra Nova in his body, so it's debatable whether he would actually have shot anybody else with it.

Maybe somebody else used it again, I don't know.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

... I was trying to think of the lamest option I could imagine and wow, I guess I should write for Marvel.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Lurdiak posted:

At least as far as shonen series go, I believe they publish weekly installments for Shonen Jump and it would be very unfortunate for them to miss a week.

Big name mangaka also famously have teams of uncredited art assistants that help them stay timely.

Relevant to this discussion:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just like Margaret Thatcher.

Maggie's getting a little more than four hours a night these days.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Test Pattern posted:

Supposedly doing what you love for a living doesn't feel like work, but :wow:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Where are the important things like "pooping" and "masturbation" this sounds like it is not a very good job.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

Where are the important things like "pooping" and "masturbation" this sounds like it is not a very good job.

Like you don't do these while on the clock. The entire time. Simultaneously.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Cabbit posted:

Maggie's getting a little more than four hours a night these days.

I'm not sure why this made me laugh so much.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

It was midway through Clive Barker's Hellraiser: The Dark Watch.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Starfire vs Rose Wilson:

This was a pretty cool scene in today's Red Hood and the Outlaws #39.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 18, 2015

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Test Pattern posted:

And what pace of output does that yield? About 50 pages per month?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

WickedHate posted:

Starfire vs Rose Wilson:

Jesus that art :catstare:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I do wish artists would stop putting the mouth and nose on Jason's helmet. It looks hidious and isn't how it's supposed to be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Starfire vs Rose Wilson:

So was Rose supposed to be horribly mangled and have her leg broken or is that just lovely art?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

qntm posted:

And what pace of output does that yield? About 50 pages per month?

A typical weekly manga is somewhere around 17-19 pages long per chapter, roughly, so assuming an average of 18 pages and four weeks to a month, that's more like seventy pages a month.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Starfire vs Rose Wilson:

DT sock puppet account found

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This is a long shot, but I'm almost certain I read this in a previous iteration of this thread last year or so.

Does anyone remember some panels of a team comic (I'm assuming Thunderbolts) where some bad guy is making everyone relive their greatest regrets or experience their worst fears or something, and he tries it on the Punisher but it doesn't work and the Punisher shoots him? Does any of this ring a bell? There's a good chance I'm misremembering things.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No, but I remember the Thunderbolts taking down a bad guy making everyone happy, except when he tries it on the Punisher.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That's from the Thunderbolts Annual:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Goddamn, that's bleak.

Also, give Red Hulk a bloody mustache already.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish Dr. Strange dressed like that all the time. It would make New Avengers an even better book.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

Goddamn, that's bleak.

Killing bad guys is a pretty awesome hobby, all things considered. I just wish his smile wasn't so...nearly non existant. Poor guy.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

WickedHate posted:

Killing bad guys is a pretty awesome hobby, all things considered. I just wish his smile wasn't so...nearly non existant. Poor guy.

With the amount he's been shot up, his facial muscles-to-scar tissue ratio means that's probably all he can muster.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cabbit posted:

That's from the Thunderbolts Annual:

This is exactly what I was thinking of. Thanks a lot!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Majuju posted:

With the amount he's been shot up, his facial muscles-to-scar tissue ratio means that's probably all he can muster.

He can muster slightly more, at least, as seen in his cute pictures with Elektra at Deadpool's wedding.

Deadpool #27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wish Dr. Strange dressed like that all the time. It would make New Avengers an even better book.

I don't think we need Strange to get any creepier.