Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Someone posted a ~100 shot test of the 9.6 accuracy, it looked very reasonable. Fewer shots almost dead center of the cone of fire, way more shots in the general middle of the cone of fire.

What I got out of it is that the armor on my beloved IS-7 turret will be even more absurd :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
mightve been unlucky in my first couple of games in the 50b, but i had entire clips go wide. its not so much shots going at the edge of the crosshair, but all around the middle area. nowhere near the center tho. first game in the 132 seemed to hit everything however.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Big thing I noticed on test was that shooting on the move wasn't as reliable, but letting things settle in was still ok. Also the AMX CDC wasn't that good, especially without limited matchmaking like the FCM 50t. On the other hand the sheer number of CDCs and STA-2s made shooting HE fun.

Also on FTR there is a new German TD shown, a tier 7 Rhoomba with a 88 L/71. Looks neat but I've got enough TDs.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 11, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
The last thing the game needs is more loving TDs.

Also I give up. Not even going to try for the T-55, because I can't even get the StuG. Too bad the same account is used across all three games or I'd try flog my WoT account to some retard who thinks buying a blue account will make them not poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rossmum posted:

Also I give up. Not even going to try for the T-55, because I can't even get the StuG. Too bad the same account is used across all three games or I'd try flog my WoT account to some retard who thinks buying a blue account will make them not poo poo.

I want to do the stug missions only because I want the female crew for the AMX 30b.

Anyone have a clue on what the crew makeup of the 30b would be?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark and go with commander, gunner, loader, driver.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

rossmum posted:

Hopefully the TD view range nerf will help there. If there's anything pubbies are truly poo poo at, it's scouting.

Speaking of missions, is anyone else having a bizarrely difficult time getting LT-06 (I think), the one where you need to spot two vehicles before you get spotted?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Prav posted:

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark and go with commander, gunner, loader, driver.

Sounds like a risky guess, is there any precedent?

rossmum posted:

Also I give up. Not even going to try for the T-55, because I can't even get the StuG.

I'm nearly finished the StuG, if I can do it you can do it :colbert:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Hi is this still a Dumb Game for idiot babby nerds?

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Gorman Thomas posted:

Boy is it ever.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Gorman Thomas posted:

Yes.

Also 36 planes shot down in my Atlanta. Our team had 4 of them. Gotta love idiot carrier drivers.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

rockopete posted:

Hopefully the TD view range nerf will help there. If there's anything pubbies are truly poo poo at, it's scouting.

Speaking of missions, is anyone else having a bizarrely difficult time getting LT-06 (I think), the one where you need to spot two vehicles before you get spotted?

All of the spotting missions are hugely map dependent. Some days the map rotation makes it nearly impossible to complete some of them.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

WayAbvPar posted:

All of the spotting missions are hugely map dependent. Some days the map rotation makes it nearly impossible to complete some of them.

Currently trying to get the distance shooting missions with a TD. I have a su-122-44 and every loving map for the last 2 days has been cities.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Currently trying to get the distance shooting missions with a TD. I have a su-122-44 and every loving map for the last 2 days has been cities.

SU-100 + 100mm D-10S + Binos

There's no helping the map selection but the above setup with a competent crew makes sniping easy. You don't really need the binoculars, but it helps to not have to depend on your pubbie teammates to find targets for you.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Play the Su-85b until you get Widepark south spawn, park on the hill and aim down the railway line, doesn't take long.

The fun one is trying to get the double hit in the artillery mission without one of the big guns - I finally got Pearl River, preaimed at the middle section where tanks are guaranteed to be jammed up against each other, and not a single loving enemy tank went middle.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 11, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

NTRabbit posted:

Play the Su-85b until you get Widepark south spawn, park on the hill and aim down the railway line, doesn't take long.

The fun one is trying to get the double hit in the artillery mission without one of the big guns - I finally got Pearl River, preaimed at the middle section where tanks are guaranteed to be jammed up against each other, and not a single loving enemy tank went middle.

Serene Coast is a good one for this too. There are always 3 or 4 heavies piled up on top of each other down by the shore.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

A nerve-wrecking, almost 15 minute game with some retarded bounces from the back of the turret and when at 100 hp. Last 5 minutes spent driving around trying to find the camping Object 263 who at that point was two shottable.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who keeps a kill on sight poo poo list. Reserved for the guys who camp base and complain about losing, or shitlers who spend the whole match stat whining, idiot TDs who shoot allies more than enemies, etc.

My latest addition was a crusader who hid on base the whole time, not bothering to attack or spot the two clusters of enemies. When they started coming to base, he proceeds to run away and take potshots at some tier 6 heavies from the front until he died. 0 damage. Awful replay when I get back to my computer.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Missing Name posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who keeps a kill on sight poo poo list. Reserved for the guys who camp base and complain about losing, or shitlers who spend the whole match stat whining, idiot TDs who shoot allies more than enemies, etc.

My latest addition was a crusader who hid on base the whole time, not bothering to attack or spot the two clusters of enemies. When they started coming to base, he proceeds to run away and take potshots at some tier 6 heavies from the front until he died. 0 damage. Awful replay when I get back to my computer.

I agree in theory but :effort:

Maybe if there was something in the interface to tag notes onto players... what do you do? keep a text file with names and their offenses? If you can actually remember names you aren't smoking enough weed while you play.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Missing Name posted:

I prefer to keep my options open. Last night I complained that our top tank was a 286 WN8 shitlord/bot/4 year old/Down's sufferer. Our 53 55 told me to quit whining, and didn't shut up, so I one shot him in my 1551. We were down 0-6 at the time and on the way to getting rolled, so I thought I would take out some frustrations. His indignant tears were all I could hope for. I logged off in frustration after that (I think I ended up with a win rate of around 30% for the day...all my teams were like this one), so I don't know if he tried to PM me afterwards to threaten me with bans or whatever pubbies imagine will happen when they file a support ticket*

*Hint- nothing. They slavishly stick to the automated system, so if you aren't auto-banned or blue already, you are good to murder any deserving candidates. Doubly so if you are in arty, since those shells can go anywhere :angel:

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I agree in theory but :effort:

Maybe if there was something in the interface to tag notes onto players... what do you do? keep a text file with names and their offenses? If you can actually remember names you aren't smoking enough weed while you play.

some smart goon told to use the "disable voice messages" option on those players you want to single out for killing in the future

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

NTRabbit posted:

SU-5 with the 152. Shoots a very high arc with 3.3 meter splash. Took 2 games and I got it dealing 150 damage to 2 tier 4s hiding behind a rock. Since the circle is very round at longer ranges its fairly easy to drop shots between tanks.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

NotWearingPants posted:

This feels like a bit like cheating because it's so much better, but on the other hand it sort of feels like this is the way it should be without mods.
This is true of pretty much 90% of the mods out there, including most of the banned ones. Just do what the EU server does and use whatever mods you want, since it's not like Wargaming has any ability to actually catch you. Honestly, Sixth Sense is more of a cheat than just about any other mod out there.

Jack_tripper posted:

some smart goon told to use the "disable voice messages" option on those players you want to single out for killing in the future
Yeah, blocking a player's voice chat puts a big, obvious mark on their tank on the player panel, but doesn't block their text chat so that you can feed on their pubbies tears when you TK them.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Jack_tripper posted:

This... is actually a great idea. Goodbye, wot_kos_shitlist.txt

also I forgot I turned replays off for some reason

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 12, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Tournament team get online.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Twitch's youtube export seems to be working quite well. Had a pretty close game in the 132 earlier. Not that much happening, but my team is slowly disappearing, until its only me and a conq gc against a t57, an is7 and a bc58 arty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCqdXUB3H_0

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010

All I heard throughout that cooking vid was her heavy panting. Standing still and lazily mixing macaroni made this woman run out of oxygen.

...this is how I picture all of you on TS. You fat nerds.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I just tried an extremely effective chat troll:

"I just saw American Sniper. Frankly, I have to agree with Michael Moore. Snipers are cowards, just like artillery players"

demonr6 and Ackbarre can vouch for how many heads exploded.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
I'm bad at tanks, but pubbies are worse.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Just saw a lone remaining Matilda win against four III and IV tanks, one medium and the rest light. The medium could do it some damage occasionally, but the lights could basically park behind it shooting its rear and do nothing.

Once they lost the medium, is there basically nothing that even three light III-IV can do to defeat a Matilda? Any tiny nook where even poor pen can get through?

The one clever idea that occurred to me, not sure if it would work, would be to catch it somewhere like a corner (such as if it backed into one to protect its rear) and deliberately have two tanks die in front of it to pin it, so the third one could just cap and wait it out.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Animal posted:

"I just saw American Sniper. Frankly, I have to agree with Michael Moore. Snipers are cowards, just like artillery players"

I can vouch for this.. chat went off the rails.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

The Southern Dandy posted:

How dare you sir. Macaroni salads are the truest test of worth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

lmao stupid bitch

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

lmao stupid bitch

I can't stop laughing!

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
i keep missing all my tank shots why lolein

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Just saw a lone remaining Matilda win against four III and IV tanks, one medium and the rest light. The medium could do it some damage occasionally, but the lights could basically park behind it shooting its rear and do nothing.

Once they lost the medium, is there basically nothing that even three light III-IV can do to defeat a Matilda? Any tiny nook where even poor pen can get through?

The one clever idea that occurred to me, not sure if it would work, would be to catch it somewhere like a corner (such as if it backed into one to protect its rear) and deliberately have two tanks die in front of it to pin it, so the third one could just cap and wait it out.
just tried it, it's extremely effective

at least 5 people instantly got pissed at me and started hurling insults in chat

edit: i've started following it with "if you really think about it, suicide bombers are braver"

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 12, 2015

Guy Innagorillasuit
Jul 24, 2009

Animal posted:

Bonus points if you were arty at the time.

I haven't seen complaints about gold tanks since I've started playing again, but I used to love getting people worked up about "wallet warriors" and waiting to see if anyone would notice I was in a gold tank.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I still see "Wallet Warrior" used as an insult about once a month , but it's very rare now that all of the shitters have panic bought E25s.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Tournament team get online.

How did it go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

srb posted:

I still see "Wallet Warrior" used as an insult about once a month , but it's very rare now that all of the shitters have panic bought E25s.

How dare you allow all these shitlords to play a tanks game for free by supporting it with your wallet, you elitist rear end?