Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

1500quidporsche posted:

That supplier obviously has his finger on the pulse of his target market by offering them in installments.

It had two, but one was repoed after he fell behind on the payments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
I've seen this car up in various ads on Kijiji for probably 1.5 years now at least. The funny thing is, in the Ontario classic car market, $10K for a good condition 70 coupe is actually pretty good, so I'm not exactly sure why it hasn't sold (maybe it needs more than the flex lines if he's not willing to certify it for $150?). Also it's another injury story. Guy can't drive it. Sure. I believe in one or more previous versions he's stated that it was his shoulder that was hosed up so he can't handle the manual steering anymore. Why he doesn't just get a drop-in power steering kit is beyond me. Each time he puts it up it seems to get a little more desperate sounding/full of bolded and capitalized words.

Anyway, the ad:

The ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/awesome-1970-mustang-also-neon-signs/1034296713?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Full text quote:

quote:

AWESOME 1970 MUSTANG! ALSO NEON SIGNS!

SELLING DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES AND NO ROOM TO KEEP IT!!

PRICED WAY BELOW MARKET VALUE!!

MAY CONSIDER A PARTIAL TRADE FOR A F150/F250 4DOOR 2004+ WITH UNDER 250000KMS IN GOOD CONDITION (NO RUST BUCKETS!)
WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DUE A EVEN TRADE YO MUST PAY ME CASH DIFFERENCE OR NO DEAL!!!

IF YOU ARE READING THIS CAR IS STILL FOR SALE !!!

RUNS,DRIVES,LOOKS GREAT!!

I KNOW WHAT I HAVE !
I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON CARS ALL MY LIFE AND MY BEST FRIEND HAS A RESTORATION/CUSTOM SHOP THAT HAS BUILT SEVERAL MULTI SHOW AWARD WINNING VEHICLES AND MAGAZINE COVER CARS!

SO MY EXPERTS KNOW THEIR STUFF ON CAR VALUES!!!

YOU WILL NOT BUY A 70 MUSTANG THIS NICE THIS CHEAP !!!

CAR WAS VALUED LAST YEAR BY 3 SEPERATE "PROFESSIONALS"
IT IS WORTH
$12000(TO SELL)
$15000(FOR INSURED VALUE)

SELLING FOR $10000 OBO

IT RUNS & DRIVES GREAT!!!
I DO RUN IT AND PULL IT OUT OF THE GARAGE REGULARLY TO KEEP IT WASHED !!

HAVE CLOSE TO $12000 INVESTED
GETTING IT TO THIS POINT!

HAVE NOT EVEN GOT TO GET ANY ENJOYMENT OUT OF IT DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES!!!!

IT IS IN GREAT CONDITION!!

302,auto(AOD),
std steering& brakes,
AM/FM/CD/MP3 JVC STEREO

SOLD AS IS!

NEEDS VERY VERY LITTLE TO GET IT CERTIFIED!!!
needs a couple hours of work and approx $150 in parts and you can be driving it!!!
(2 front flex lines,1 tire)
I WILL NOT CERT. AS I AM ALREADY LOOSING A LOT OF $$ SELLING IT THIS CHEAP AND I HAVE NO WAY TO GET IT TO A GARAGE! IT IS NOT LICENCED. I GOT INJURED SO I COULD NOT DRIVE IT JUST AS I GOT IT READY TO GO ON THE ROAD!

NO B.S. HAVE DOCTORS LETTERS AND WSIB FORMS TO PROVE MY INJURY!

LIST OF NEW PARTS INSTALLED & RECENT WORK DONE TO THE CAR!

2 fenders
ignition switch
plug wires
dist cap,rotor
fan belt
rad hose
battery cables
dual exhaust
2 tires
rear bumper
lower control arms
fuel lines,
holley fuel pump
rear shocks
B/M shifter
extra gauges(oil pressure,temp etc)
new gaskets(valve covers,header,intake,oil pan etc)
+ lots more
recent new interior,
frame is COMPLETELY redone!
also has frame connectors welded in!
6 year old paint job (DARK METALIC BURGUNDY)

TONS OF DOCUMENTATION SINCE CAR WAS NEW!
including build sheet,list of owners and date/mileage bought & sold for each owner,original temp owners card,etc

IF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED EMAIL!
IF NOT DON'T WASTE MY TIME OR YOURS!

NO LOW BALL OFFERS!!
NO TRADES!!
NO DREAMERS!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I want this in the worst, most inappropriate way. AMC Pacer with a 500 cube caddy motor under the hood.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4852793479.html

E: someone screenshot please? I am on my phone, you don't want mine

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kastein posted:

E: someone screenshot please? I am on my phone, you don't want mine

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

drat. Take the stupid Caddy hood ornament off and put a bit wider tires on the rear and then just PULL on people at stop lights, without squealing the tires and without exhaust noise.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4860997526.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Those panel gaps and interior...

:britain:

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Hahaha holy poo poo, I was just perusing on CL and spotted this gem:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/4884821555.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Voltage posted:

Now we know where the accord's other lambo door went.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Voltage posted:

What kind of monster puts an Enzo bodykit on an NSX?
Go ruin some Fierros or something.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Actual gold:
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4884437030.html

quote:

This is a very clean example of one of the great BMWs made for everyday use. Fully serviced with records ready to go. full M package steering wheel and suspension and bumpers WeatherTech mats very clean In N Out service records
2003 E39 BMW 540i M-Sport

2002 BMW 540it M-Sport

Titanium Silver Metallic over Grey Leather

128,000 Miles

290 hp @ 5,400 RPM

324 tq. @ 3,600 RPM
The 540it is up to date with all service. Full documentation of history. Only Genuine BMW parts or better have been used for the maintenance of the car.

The 540iT drives incredibly well; extremely tight. Authoritative acceleration and sublime handling.

Full disclosure: 1)There are minor rock chips on the front end of the car from normal driving. 2) Minor paint blemish on driver fender) Light curb rash on wheels (perfectly straight and true, merely cosmetic).

More pictures available upon request.
Serious inquires only.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
That would be an awesome car with a manual transmission swap. I tried to talk my friend into buying it but he isn't a fan of the titanium silver on silver :saddowns:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Best wagon.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
This one is really tempting. I'm pretty sure my wife would refuse to drive it 'tho.

1976, Ford F-150 v8 360, 75,500 original miles - $2200

This is a one owner truck. It has 75,500 original miles. Several years ago it became a project to repair and repaint. We have had new break lines, rotors, pads tires, battery and lines, spark plugs and a rebuilt carburetor, rear axel and I don't know what else. It has been sanded and primed and now is just in the way. After years of nagging I have been able to get him to sell it. It runs has no air, and crank windows. This is a 1976 old truck. super cab with good topper. Garage keep for many many years as owner had a company car.

Sold as is, just to be sure, sold as is.

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/4870174162.html

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Leroy Diplowski posted:

This one is really tempting. I'm pretty sure my wife would refuse to drive it 'tho.

This is a one owner truck. It has 75,500 original miles. Several years ago it became a project to repair and repaint. We have had new break lines, rotors, pads tires, battery and lines, spark plugs and a rebuilt carburetor, rear axel and I don't know what else. It has been sanded and primed and now is just in the way. After years of nagging I have been able to get him to sell it. It runs has no air, and crank windows. This is a 1976 old truck. super cab with good topper. Garage keep for many many years as owner had a company car.

That looks like a fun truck, I don't know why your wife would need to drive it anyway. My wife never drives mine because of the third pedal anyway.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Leroy Diplowski posted:

My grandfather had one of these. Great truck, but holy crap did it drink gas like it was going out of style. Pretty damned comfy for a truck of that era, though. Would be a good deal for $2200 (at least up north here) if you just want a nice beater truck, but I sure wouldn't daily drive it.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

had a 6 speed and LS1 motor, two thousand bucks please :downs:
http://shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/4885040518.html

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SperginMcBadposter posted:

It's weird seeing these starting to go up on blocks, because when I was young they were still in production, looking shiny and brand new.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's weird seeing these starting to go up on blocks, because when I was young they were still in production, looking shiny and brand new.

I still want to own one but everywhere I see them in around here, they've either been ridden hard and put up wet, or aren't running with a price that suggests it's in far better condition that the pictures show.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Human Grand Prix posted:

Minus the missing parts, that one actually looks to be in decent shape, too.

That said, they were awful cars. I had three Camaros. Great, cheap performers, and the drive lines were pretty hilariously reliable, but holy poo poo were the interior and ancillary systems garbage. I don't think I ever made it through an entire summer with air conditioning and two working power windows in any of them.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Human Grand Prix posted:

The guy in HS school who always had the hottest girlfriends (and, from what i heard, got the best road-head) had a brand new WS6.
I always attribute his success with the ladies to that car.

My subaru station wagon with no A/C got the girls wet in all the wrong ways.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

It's a *real WS6* (minus all the stuff that made it a WS6...)

edit: and if he can get $2K for that pile of nothing, does that mean I can get at least that for my looks rough but running, driving, reliable '90 RX-7? I need to fund some other projects, and I never drive it any more.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Tai-Pan posted:

The guy in HS school who always had the hottest girlfriends (and, from what i heard, got the best road-head) had a brand new WS6.
I always attribute his success with the ladies to that car.

They always say girls love a trans am.

CL has been strange lately... The cheap cars are coming back but there is still hilariously over priced poo poo every where too.

Edit: just a quick browse a late model Corvette could be had for the price of a 2000+ Trans Am. I'd much rather have the vette that's been driven by some middle aged manager than a trans am that's been driven by a high school/early 20s kid.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 11, 2015

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.
Good luck unseeing this.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/4885871777.html

Edit: You could buy a brand new Z06 and save $500 - http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ctd/4874823693.html - but that would be too obvious, I suppose.

nanodroogie fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 12, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
why, why indeed.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Tai-Pan posted:

That's where their water broke? Just how many girls did you pick up after he dumped them?!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

arrhghghghhh Why a Z06

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh look, a Ken Special:

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 12, 2015

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

nanodroogie posted:

Good luck unseeing this.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/4885871777.html

Edit: You could buy a brand new Z06 and save $500 - http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ctd/4874823693.html - but that would be too obvious, I suppose.
Seriously, who is the target demographic that would pay $100K+ for an abortion like that?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

slidebite posted:

Seriously, who is the target demographic that would pay $100K+ for an abortion like that?

The dealership that sold me my Nova also had a red C5 for sale. On the front license plate filler panel, there were two words airbrushed: "Grandpa's Toy". I think that speaks volumes about a good chunk of the Corvette market.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

The dealership that sold me my Nova also had a red C5 for sale. On the front license plate filler panel, there were two words airbrushed: "Grandpa's Toy". I think that speaks volumes about a good chunk of the Corvette market.

Well, if you can't find a trashy girl that will wear those words you might as well get a car and make it trashy.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

slidebite posted:

Baby Boomers. All the money in the world and no sense. There are all kinds of industries starting up separate these fools from their money, the "Custom Corvette Conversion" being one:

http://www.crcoachworks.com/

http://www.karlkustomcorvettes.com/en/our_cars/z06/

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's always been the Corvette's demographic though?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I was going to bring mine to the car show the local Corvette club is having in March.

...And then I saw their last members photo. I'm literally half the age of the youngest person in it. And I'm over thirty.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

I was going to bring mine to the car show the local Corvette club is having in March.

...And then I saw their last members photo. I'm literally half the age of the youngest person in it. And I'm over thirty.

Man the next 20 years are gonna be full of barnfind C4 Corvettes aren't they?

I finally learned to drive at age 45 and went in my grandpa's shed to get his old American car (ugh) and want to get rid of it so I can buy a Tesla, how much will you give me for this 13,000 mile "1989 Corvette ZR1?"

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Some buddies and I are considering doing a $500 car challenge. Anyone want to help me find the best option in Oregon, Washington and Idaho?

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Is it a firm $500 rule or a principal of the thing sort of arrangement? What type of challenge? I 'll send anything I see along and I tend to have alot of people looking to offload vehicles on me.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Here's what I've seen suggested so far:

Car Rules
No Hondas. That’s cheating
Car must be purchased legitimately from craigslist for 500 or less
Car must be in running and driving condition at purchase and no repairs can be made to a broken car
Cars must be manufactured earlier than

Challenge Ideas
Car must be daily driven?
Take a picture of your car in the sand at the Oregon coast
Take a picture of your car in the Timberline Lodge parking lot and/or Crater Lake lodge parking lot
Autocross your car, top time gets points
points per mile driven
points for distance traveled to get the car

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think that all cars in actual working, safely-drivable condition are worth $1k minimum. I don't think your "no repairs at all" rule is compatible with the $500 rule. At a bare minimum, you should probably make an exception for safety features, because it's probably a poor idea to encourage eachother to get on the road with dangerous/not-roadworthy vehicles.

It's also going to have to go on the honor system I assume, so it's probably better to just allow for a certain repairs budget, but exempt things like new tires, brakes, legally required emissions equipment, and literally broken steering/suspension components from the budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I think that all cars in actual working, safely-drivable condition are worth $1k minimum. I don't think your "no repairs at all" rule is compatible with the $500 rule. At a bare minimum, you should probably make an exception for safety features, because it's probably a poor idea to encourage eachother to get on the road with dangerous/not-roadworthy vehicles.

It's also going to have to go on the honor system I assume, so it's probably better to just allow for a certain repairs budget, but exempt things like new tires, brakes, legally required emissions equipment, and literally broken steering/suspension components from the budget.

That's a good idea. I haven't had any input into these rules yet and also think the no repairs one is kind of stupid. I've barely seen anything at or under 500 that will start and run, just the world's largest variety of blown head gaskets.