Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

gang sines posted:

22) C-Euro vs LGD

Hey, any chance you'd be down to duel today/tomorrow/Friday? I'm off to Costa Rica for a week on Saturday night, so I'd like to get this done early if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Confirming this, ggs. I would've stuck around and tried practicing that matchup a bit but I have errands to run. Don't mean to discredit you and blame the misclick mulligan either, you played well and my inexperience with the deck started showing.

Nah I totally get it, but my hand in the last game was super slow so if you've had a full grip with good cards (Thalia...) you'd probably have won

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LGD posted:

Hey, any chance you'd be down to duel today/tomorrow/Friday? I'm off to Costa Rica for a week on Saturday night, so I'd like to get this done early if possible.

Tonight or tomorrow, sure. 8 or 9 CST tonight is probably best for me, I'll PM you or post here.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I have a weird schedule but I can make something work late Thursday Friday or Sunday.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Tonight or tomorrow, sure. 8 or 9 CST tonight is probably best for me, I'll PM you or post here.

Ok cool. I'm PST, so that'll probably work. And yeah we can take this to PMs, I'm just never sure who has plat.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

gang sines posted:

23) wildfire1 vs Jabor

Hey wildfire, hit me up on IRC when you get the chance. I'm online most of the time I can actually play.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Toshimo I'm usually available after 5PM Eastern time, let me know when you're up for getting blood moon'd. I can probably swing some time this weekend too since I'm sad and alone.

edit: Also, if you're okay with Cockatrice that may be better since there are definitely issues with Painter's Servant (and also Grindstone probably) on xmage, though we played on xmage last week and it wasn't a huge deal (because he hosed me up)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LGD posted:

Ok cool. I'm PST, so that'll probably work. And yeah we can take this to PMs, I'm just never sure who has plat.

They have a grenade next to their username dude

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

They have a grenade next to their username dude

well yeah that would make it obvious I guess

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Lonely Bridge posted:

Toshimo I'm usually available after 5PM Eastern time, let me know when you're up for getting blood moon'd. I can probably swing some time this weekend too since I'm sad and alone.

edit: Also, if you're okay with Cockatrice that may be better since there are definitely issues with Painter's Servant (and also Grindstone probably) on xmage, though we played on xmage last week and it wasn't a huge deal (because he hosed me up)

I assume that the painter's servant/grindstone combo works as well as RiP/helm, which crashes xmage. I think it would just be good form for your opponent to concede as soon as the combo is on the stack unless they have something to break it up.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Jabor posted:

Hey wildfire, hit me up on IRC when you get the chance. I'm online most of the time I can actually play.

drat, must have just missed you. I'll do the same.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I assume that the painter's servant/grindstone combo works as well as RiP/helm, which crashes xmage. I think it would just be good form for your opponent to concede as soon as the combo is on the stack unless they have something to break it up.

Yeah, in the case where a combo would require that you manually grind out the actions, it's best to scoop. I got hit with a Top-Alter of the Brood combo and asked him to run through it once or twice to make sure I understood it, then scooped.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Network42 beat me 2-0. In game 1, my deck's slight chance of eating itself alive showed up as the first four cards Thought Lash exiled were Future Sight, Future Sight, Future Sight, and Laboratory Maniac. In game 2 he got me with a big ol' Elfball.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

Welcome to the losers' bracket, nerd. You think the scrub tier is your ally, but I was born here! :getin:

Anyway, I usually see you around on IRC so I'll look for you there, if that's okay.

I lost 0-2.

Guise, counting to 10 is REALLY REALLY hard.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

TenjouUtena posted:

I lost 0-2.

Guise, counting to 10 is REALLY REALLY hard.

Confirm. I may have Thoughtcasted into double Cabal Therapy G2. :nyoron:

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Chamale posted:

Network42 beat me 2-0. In game 1, my deck's slight chance of eating itself alive showed up as the first four cards Thought Lash exiled were Future Sight, Future Sight, Future Sight, and Laboratory Maniac. In game 2 he got me with a big ol' Elfball.

Confirming this, Chamale got really robbed by the shuffler game 1.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to connect to the goon xMage server in the OP, but it says I have the wrong client version. However, didn't we say not to update xMage after round 1 (and I played round 2 on Cockatrice, so no updates in the past week for me)?

E: It won't even let me download this supposed new version :argh:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 12, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
try this version: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=16731

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey Dr. Stab, late night tonight (after like 9:30 EST) or tomorrow evening after 6:00 are pretty much my only options, as I'm out of town this coming weekend. If you can't make those I may bring my laptop with me, but my schedule may be a bit more up in the air.

I just got home and can play now if you're up for it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

That seems to have installed, but what folder(s) do I drag over from my old xMage folder to this new one so that I don't have to download 18k card images again?

E: It still thinks I'm running the older version :shepface: I even trashed my old xMage folder, what more does it want? OK it works, ready when you are LGD. PM me so I know when to get on.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 12, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/esporks Streaming vs Born on a Buy You.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Sorry LGD, I've got some work to do tonight so let's try 9 CST tomorrow.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
wadjamaloo won 2-1 in the least interesting combo mirror

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I beat Born on a Buy You 2-1, or to be more specific, he lost 1-2. G2 was really cool, I got to win with a DD pile that consisted of 4 lands!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Wadjamaloo posted:

I beat Born on a Buy You 2-1, or to be more specific, he lost 1-2. G2 was really cool, I got to win with a DD pile that consisted of 4 lands!

What was that sequence? I've seen lots of dumb Doomsday piles but that's a new one.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I don't want to spoil the surprise. I'll have the video up tonight or tomorrow.
I will say that aside from that our games were probably some of the most boring games of magic ever played.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Here's what happens, I've seen 2 different situations:

1. I have Painter and Grindstone in play, and I activate Grindstone on my opponent. When the ability resolves the game instantly ends with me as the winner, at which point my opponent becomes confused about where his Emrakul went.

2. I have Painter and Grindstone in play, and I activate Grindstone on my opponent. He responds by casting Lightning Bolt on my Painter before the Grindstone activation resolves. Painter is put into my graveyard and when the Grindstone activation resolves the game instantly ends with me as the winner.

So the problem here is that a) the game ends immediately instead of waiting for a player to attempt to draw from an empty library, and b) if the combo is broken up there is no way to play out the rest of the game. In the situation the other week, we had to determine the game a draw because it wasn't close to clear how the game would play out from there. It's just annoying going in to a game knowing that there's a high likely hood it may not even count, and I've become hesitant about even using the Grindstone.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I just did some poking at the XMage source, and I think I figured out why Grindstone is broken. Basically, whenever an effect tries to remove a card from an empty library (using Library.removeFromTop/Bottom, which Grindstone does), it incorrectly sets the "you drew from an empty library" flag (which makes them lose the game). It looks like an easy fix for someone who cares, but :effort: on my part.

Not sure why it still happens if you kill Painter's Servant in response, but I'd suspect a screwup in the implementation of Painter's Servant.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

My match vs Born on a Buy You.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6OrZRdMMpA
The 4 land DD stack is at about 40 minutes if you want to skip ahead.

I'd also like to hear if anyone has any comments on my pass the turn attempt g1, I knew it was risky, but I felt like I had to. Or that shaky keep in game 3.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

lonequid, I don't know what works for you, but I'm good free tonight after 6pm central. Let me know what works either here or through pm.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Jabor posted:

Not sure why it still happens if you kill Painter's Servant in response, but I'd suspect a screwup in the implementation of Painter's Servant.

From a quick skim over the code, it looks like the Servant implementation doesn't reverse the color-changing effect when it ends.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm fine using Cockatrice for now, but I haven't used it since before the big takedown. Is there a new server for it?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
deadline extended to TUESDAY 9 AM to accommodate Toshimo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

LordSaturn posted:

From a quick skim over the code, it looks like the Servant implementation doesn't reverse the color-changing effect when it ends.

That was my suspicion, but then I saw the stuff about ContinuousEffects and specifying a duration and decided I didn't care enough to really dig into it and see if it's all correct right now. It seems like verifying that would require at least a passing familiarity with how the framework they've written is supposed to work.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

I have a weird schedule but I can make something work late Thursday Friday or Sunday.

My schedule is pretty open. Feel free to PM me or whatever.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Babylon Astronaut I am available after 2pm EST tomorrow and I can meet you online whenever youd like Saturday or Sunday, save for dinner time on saturday night.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

gang sines posted:

1) The March Hare vs Ciprian Maricon

I am available most weekdays after 6PM EST and weekends on a case by case basis but usually for at least a few hours each day. Hit me up via PM or on irc or just in there here thread.

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League
Trilas takes it 2-0 burning me to the face.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
LGD I'll be around after 8-ish CST tonight to try our match again, we should probably play tonight as I'm going out of town right after work tomorrow until Sunday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

lonequid posted:

Trilas takes it 2-0 burning me to the face.

Confirming this. GG's, angels are scary. Here's the video for any interested parties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4zLJ4seMU

• Locked thread