Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Can we just talk about bad wrestling again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No lets talk about good wrestling. Does anyone have that network playlist someone posted here a while back with all the shield matches on it? I watched wyatts/shield 1 the other night and I got the trios bug.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, when he was a kid his and Untertaker's house caught fire and 'Taker left him in there to die.
Ohh I get it.

Yeah I just only recently started watching the sports entertainment, so I'm vaguely aware of dudes like Hogan, the Rock, Undertaker etc. but otherwise coming to it fresh, beyond having seen the Big Show (as a face I believe) a couple of years ago on a hotel room TV. I did know John Cena sucked, though.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Nessus posted:

Ohh I get it.

Yeah I just only recently started watching the sports entertainment, so I'm vaguely aware of dudes like Hogan, the Rock, Undertaker etc. but otherwise coming to it fresh, beyond having seen the Big Show (as a face I believe) a couple of years ago on a hotel room TV. I did know John Cena sucked, though.
I think you'll actually find John Cena is the best wrestler ever you little nub

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Nessus posted:

Ohh I get it.

This video tells you everything you need to know about Kane.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm in a similar boat re: coming into The Wonderful World of Sports Entertainment recently; I only knew the thing about Kane because I watched the Kane/Undertaker match at Wrestlemania14 the other night. That was a neat match.

I've been considering just watching through the Undertaker's matches in order, since I know nothing about the dude except that his entrance is boss as gently caress and I'm really into that. I might miss out on some of the context, but they at least had like a 10 minute video package about Kane/Undertaker's feud, so maybe I'd be covered?

e: also that Taka/Aguila match from the same PPV was real cool and it'd be neat if WWE had light heavyweights/cruiserweights again

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Speaking of good wrestling the NXT special is tonight and if you care about wrestling at all you absolutely need to watch it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Can we just talk about bad wrestling again

Remember that time Kane was beating up on jobbers until one of them hit Lita and caused a miscarriage.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Carver Crisis posted:

Don't listen to this man John cena is the goddamned worst

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Carver Crisis posted:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Don't listen to this man John cena is the goddamned worst

, but you gotta respect him.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

I've been considering just watching through the Undertaker's matches in order, since I know nothing about the dude except that his entrance is boss as gently caress

The only other thing you need to know is that the ring is his yard, and he's a dog, and if you ride a motorcycle through the desert and end up in his yard, you will answer to the big dog in the yard, which is him.

flatluigi posted:

Speaking of good wrestling the NXT special is tonight and if you care about wrestling at all you absolutely need to watch it

NXT owns and their live specials have been incredibly good. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens (i.e. Generico vs. Steen) is headlining tonight's show.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Shine posted:

I honestly clicked on that link expecting Libertarian propaganda.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So do you think that they were going to cast Dolph Ziggler to play himself but the WWE told him that they don't want Ziggler, they want Sheamus Cena?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

Remember that time Kane was beating up on jobbers until one of them hit Lita and caused a miscarriage.

The poor guy who was in the middle of it denied it was done on purpose, but it still cost him his job.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Red posted:

I honestly clicked on that link expecting Libertarian propaganda.

That would be even worse.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

e: also that Taka/Aguila match from the same PPV was real cool and it'd be neat if WWE had light heavyweights/cruiserweights again

flatluigi posted:

tomorrow's vanilla midgets, today

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Kane was at his best as a silent monster heel that had Paul Bearer to talk for him....

Those were the days :allears:

Speaking of which, when was the last time there was good in ring pyro?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I only laughed because its funny that current Kane is so far removed from his origins that a new watcher today would see him and ask: "Who the gently caress is he and why should I care/be afraid?"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RBX posted:

I only laughed because its funny that current Kane is so far removed from his origins that a new watcher today would see him and ask: "Who the gently caress is he and why should I care/be afraid?"
yeah I had to get Daniel Bryan explained to me because mostly I was wincing since everyone said "he had neck surgery" and then yup they hammer his neck. I was like "why not... why not get Finn Balor to do this, he seems like a good wrestler and isn't going to get crippled by the Big Show stepping on his neck quite so easy."

I have learned Heyman rules though, and the Authority vs. Eight Old Men moment taught me a lot about how the WWE works.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

RBX posted:

BECAUSE HE IS KANE AND SEVEN FEET TALL

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I wonder how Ziggler feels about Cena starring as a character based on him in a movie with his ex-girlfriend where he fucks her

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That DICK! posted:

I wonder how Ziggler feels about Cena starring as a character based on him in a movie with his ex-girlfriend where he fucks her

"Yup, sounds about right."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

RBX posted:

Wow, yeah.

With no one to yell HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, no one knows Kane is like an evil fire demon guy. :smith:

He's just a really big guy sent by human resources.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Red posted:

Wow, yeah.

With no one to yell HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, no one knows Kane is like an evil fire demon guy. :smith:

He's just a really big guy sent by human resources.
I had some dim awareness that he was connected to Taker, and I recalled also that Taker was, for a while, a big motorcycle dude instead of a harbinger of Death. But other than his weird desire to j/o in the casket where he intended to bury Daniel Bryan, he might as well have been the Big Show's marginally less freakish brother.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Nessus posted:

I had some dim awareness that he was connected to Taker, and I recalled also that Taker was, for a while, a big motorcycle dude instead of a harbinger of Death. But other than his weird desire to j/o in the casket where he intended to bury Daniel Bryan, he might as well have been the Big Show's marginally less freakish brother.

Nah, his father is Paul Bearer, not Andre the Giant.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shine posted:

I prefer this one, personally.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kane owns and if you don't like him you should shut up.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
off topic Shine but I've been working out and want you to know I've lost weight and gained mental stability so all those probations and bans you put on people really work

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Shine posted:

This covers everything.

e:
:argh:

Sono fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 12, 2015

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

That DICK! posted:

"You're sure the WWE isn't making this movie?"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

off topic Shine but I've been working out and want you to know I've lost weight and gained mental stability so all those probations and bans you put on people really work

Glad to hear it! Soon you'll feel comfortable taking off your SWAT vest :ocelot:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

That DICK! posted:

He can relate to the feeling of being hosed by Cena, it's fine.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

No lets talk about good wrestling. Does anyone have that network playlist someone posted here a while back with all the shield matches on it? I watched wyatts/shield 1 the other night and I got the trios bug.

this is the list that I made, except it doesn't have links

TLC 2012 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Ryback (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match)
Elimination Chamber 2013 - The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus, and Ryback
RAW 4/22/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and the Undertaker
RAW 4/29/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and John Cena
RAW 5/20/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Kofi Kingston
RAW 5/27/13 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan and Kane (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
RAW 6/3/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton
RAW 6/10/13 - Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan
SmackDown 6/14/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton
Money in the Bank 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso
Battleground 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
RAW 9/23/13 - The Shield vs. 11 faces
RAW 10/14/13 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
Hell in a Cell 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
RAW 11/11/13 - The Shield vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan
RAW 11/18/13 - The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan vs. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Goldust, and Cody Rhodes
Survivor Series 2013 - The Shield, Antonio Cesaro, and Jack Swagger vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, and Rey Mysterio (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match)
SmackDown 11/29/13 - the second half of this show (culminates with The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan vs. CM Punk, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, and Rey Mysterio)
TLC 2013 - The Shield vs. CM Punk
RAW 1/27/14 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, John Cena, and Sheamus
Elimination Chamber 2014 - The Shield vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Luke Harper
RAW 3/3/14 - The Shield vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Luke Harper
Smackdown 4/25/14 - this is the SmackDown where they beat the poo poo out of everyone backstage and powerbomb Fandango off the stage and it rules
Extreme Rules 2014 - The Shield vs. Evolution
Payback 2014 - The Shield vs. Evolution (No DQ Elimination)

the Shield was the best, basically

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Shine posted:

Glad to hear it! Soon you'll feel comfortable taking off your SWAT vest :ocelot:

my samoan back is forever shameful

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bard Maddox posted:

this is the list that I made, except it doesn't have links

TLC 2012 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Ryback (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match)
Elimination Chamber 2013 - The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus, and Ryback
RAW 5/27/13 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan and Kane (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
RAW 6/3/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton
RAW 6/10/13 - Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan
SmackDown 6/14/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton
Money in the Bank 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso
Battleground 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
RAW 9/23/13 - The Shield vs. 11 faces
RAW 10/14/13 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
Hell in a Cell 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
RAW 11/11/13 - The Shield vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan
RAW 11/18/13 - The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan vs. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Goldust, and Cody Rhodes
Survivor Series 2013 - The Shield, Antonio Cesaro, and Jack Swagger vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, and Rey Mysterio (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match)
SmackDown 11/29/13 - the second half of this show (culminates with The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan vs. CM Punk, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, and Rey Mysterio)
TLC 2013 - The Shield vs. CM Punk
RAW 1/27/14 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, John Cena, and Sheamus
Elimination Chamber 2014 - The Shield vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Luke Harper
RAW 3/3/14 - The Shield vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Luke Harper
Smackdown 4/25/14 - this is the SmackDown where they beat the poo poo out of everyone backstage and powerbomb Fandango off the stage and it rules
Extreme Rules 2014 - The Shield vs. Evolution
Payback 2014 - The Shield vs. Evolution (No DQ Elimination)

the Shield was the best, basically

nice thanks buddy

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

well that's a quick step down

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

well that's a quick step down

it's probably the best match of the three, once you discount the "holy poo poo the Undertaker is teaming with Daniel Bryan against the Shield" factor

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DrVenkman posted:

So uh, I guess Chyna wasn't as cool with Trips as people thought.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/02/chyna-has-accused-triple-h-of-assault-during-their-relationship-hunter-has-responded/

I didn't realise she wasn't running her Twitter account. I mean I know everyone has their social media managers now, but I didn't think Chyna would've needed one.

I don't think they needed to add the 'Oh she's had troubles in her life' thing at the end though. It's a strange hinting at 'oh look at her past, she must be a liar'.

To be fair she is a psycho trainwreck

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tezzor posted:

To be fair she is a psycho trainwreck

Isn't she actually pretty stable now? I recall she teaches in Japan and is pretty cool these days,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Reddit chartman is back

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2viigp/wwes_overpush_of_john_cena_in_4_charts/

quote:

The only PPVs John Cena was at and did not meet these criteria between 2010 and 2015 were Hell in a Cell 2010, Royal Rumble 2011, Royal Rumble 2012, Wrestlemania 2014, Extreme Rules 2014, and Payback 2014

• Locked thread