Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

or has it just been shut down for four years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

is there a belgpol thread?
no. be grateful

Effectronica posted:

i'm personally partial to the poster "the belgian"
you were supposed to say nice things

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
For the record Jesus, if he existed, was a cool dude with good ideas.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

An Angry Bug posted:

im p sure he was a real dude (like im almost positive this is something that only internet r/atheists challenge, but i could be wrong)

dunno if he was a real zombie wizard tho, that's mildly suspect

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Effectronica posted:

nah, i woudn't say that about far cry 2, hidden agenda, or the first three silent hill games.

far cry 2 was bad

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Any videogame by Hideo Kojima is Dadaist art. :colbert:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Berke Negri posted:

is there a belgpol thread?

Yes, there is

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

R. Mute posted:

no. be grateful

you were supposed to say nice things

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Popular Thug Drink posted:

far cry 2 was bad

wrong, but go ahead and elaborate so i can know how hard to rofl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

philo 101 debate about evil

Sad I missed that.

Now on cnn: white people discuss how to divide the Middle East.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Any videogame by Hideo Kojima is Dadaist art. :colbert:

As is E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

An Angry Bug posted:

I think everyone agrees someone existed.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

do you want to hear opinions about belgian politics, joe?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

euphronius posted:

I think the position is that there's enough evidence for Jesus the person that if you regard it as insufficient you have to regard the existence of lots of accepted historical classical figures as suspect too.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Raskolnikov38 posted:

philo 101 debate about evil

not until i do this:

A trolley train is heading towards a track switch. Down the left side is Hitler, who will be instantly killed if the car hits him. Down the right side are ten Hitlers, who will also all be killed. They are all organ donors. A Cartesian "evil genius" may be manipulating your perceptions. What do you do?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Effectronica posted:

not until i do this:

A trolley train is heading towards a track switch. Down the left side is Hitler, who will be instantly killed if the car hits him. Down the right side are ten Hitlers, who will also all be killed. They are all organ donors. A Cartesian "evil genius" may be manipulating your perceptions. What do you do?

Light up a huge blunt as I walk away.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's ethics not philosophy smh

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

There might have been lots of Joshes running around, but Jesus the Christ was just a repackaged Inanna and existed exactly as much as she did, i.e. not at all.

Disinterested posted:

I think the position is that there's enough evidence for Jesus the person that if you regard it as insufficient you have to regard the existence of lots of accepted historical classical figures as suspect too.

No, just that their history books were being written by people with faulty and secondhand information.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Disinterested posted:

I like to argue Socrates didn't exist.

Effectronica posted:

not until i do this:

A bong hit.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Effectronica posted:

not until i do this:

I object to this Todd Roll example

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

R. Mute posted:

do you want to hear opinions about belgian politics, joe?

no, i prefer hearing opinions about american politics.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Effectronica posted:

not until i do this:

Crash train into ten hitlers, go back and strangle the remaining hitler with your belt.

Or do it the other way around.

Utilitarianism is for nerds

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Effectronica posted:

Also not until you go to the libertarian thread a few pages back and read the Walter Block classic:

You are an SS concentration camp guard. Every week, you are intended to kill 100 jews. You get away with only killing 90 because you disagree with the genocide and want to take it easy on the Jews. If you kill 89, you will be shot as a sympathiser. Does killing 90 instead of being shot and letting a guy who will kill all 100 make you a hero?

According to libertarians, apparently yes.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Majorian posted:

A good comic, although I'm sure there are some tumblr types that would be upset over the bearded partner of indeterminate gender in the upper-right panel.

:ohdear:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I'm snickering because I'm a horrible cis-het. Sue me.:smuggo:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Joementum posted:

no, i prefer hearing opinions about american politics.

they're bad!!!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

you more or less have to make several leaps of faith of your own to hold that Jesus was not a real person, with the primary motivating factor to be "because I don't want him to be"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Exclamation Marx posted:

they're bad!!!

woah, if true.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

There might have been lots of Joshes running around, but Jesus the Christ was just a repackaged Inanna and existed exactly as much as she did, i.e. not at all.

gently caress you. I expect jokes on this something awful forum but gently caress off with your bigotry.

May Erishkigal have mercy on your shade.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Exclamation Marx posted:

they're bad!!!

I don't think things are too bad.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

nutranurse posted:

lol, fishman if you think that dadaism meant nothing at all and im not holding video games to being good or meaningful, just that they're masturbatory power fantasies 99% of the time and provoke about as much thought as 10 minutes on the port-o potty at a state fair and its funny to see video-game enthusiasts just not accepting their pastime for what it is: a masturbatory meaningless time-sink.

I say all this as a guy who has invested 2 months of his life (and counting) into civ 5. I hold no pretenses about what im doing and its refreshing to be truthful

a masturbatory meaningless time sink describes most art since the dawn of history. also many dadaists intentionally created things with no meaning and let other people call them art. it was kind of a thing the movement as a whole did!

you really need to stop pretending that whether something's art has anything to do with it having value or meaning, that's something rich idiots think when they pay for it to look good.

Effectronica posted:

not until i do this:

construct the cube comprised of all the gold in the world and ascend into the heavens with ron paul

also chop the trolley in half down the middle such that it continues i two equal chunks just fast enough to stay on the rails and crush all hitlers

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Nintendo Kid posted:

a masturbatory meaningless time sink describes most art since the dawn of history. also many dadaists intentionally created things with no meaning and let other people call them art. it was kind of a thing the movement as a whole did!

you really need to stop pretending that whether something's art has anything to do with it having value or meaning, that's something rich idiots think when they pay for it to look good.

construct the cube comprised of all the gold in the world and ascend into the heavens with ron paul

also chop the trolley in half down the middle such that it continues i two equal chunks just fast enough to stay on the rails and crush all hitlers

Fishmech, Libertarian Samurai

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
so the taiwanese student club at my school is into weird incest anime

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
It's been awhile D&D. Does Boosted/Chris Christie still stop by from time to time? Are there regular conservative posters here lately or will I have to wait until the election thread?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
also lol TNR

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

nutranurse posted:

i found a mod on civfantatics.com that revitalizes the game in new and dangerous ways

*raises shaking pale hand*

Which one? For a friend, of course

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

Now on cnn: white people discuss how to divide the Middle East.
Give it all to the Kurds. All of it.

Sharkie posted:

May Erishkigal have mercy on your shade.
Depends if it misses or not.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chunky Hitler in Tasty Gravy

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

What game is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

can you guys help me parse the chapel hill shooting? what do the parking tickets have to do with it?

• Locked thread