Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Thor doesn't like to be bored.

Did Thor just yell at the Infinity Gems? Because if so, :allears:

Also this thread has made me want to start keeping up with current X-Men comics so I can see the end of this current Juggernaut arc because I am now rooting for Rockslide to get the Gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, pretty much.

She wasn't having any luck with finding a way to track em, and Thor had been told they had something like the mind of a dead god in there, so he just decided to pick up the gauntlet and yell at it.

It worked :black101:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
More random Archie.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

What the gently caress is going on with those pants

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

mercenarynuker posted:

What the gently caress is going on with those pants

Judging by the accompanying t-shirt, I would say the late '80s-early '90s.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

From Rachel Rising #30, it's better without context.

That bear won't have it said that he killed an unarmed man.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I want to know this panel's context.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Baron Bifford posted:

"GRAEY ALIEN posted:

Oh heyyyy you, didnt see you there LOL Well, my story? Me Ashley Brooke heather all coming back from a second rate danceclub new haven ct. omg all dying in the ride from the fun stories about the guys of the night and also all absolutely dyin for really fresh tender goose meat. ash would NOT shut up about it and we so had a craving. i played it real cool like lol i dunno lol where could we get some? no where? then......when my absolut FAVVVVV regina spek. song comes on "UH hey babes *lifts up skirt* pushed a Goose meat slab slowly right out on the exterior of the backseat!! I had stored a bunch of fresh dark goose meat up my pussy before we left and had it up inside my pussy the whole night!! haha I was *goosh some out slowly to one friend* and then pointin my pussy at the other girls *goosh in her direction out the pussy* we were all howling with laughter and the grizly juices were pouring down our chins as we indulged ourselves some goose meat was still trickling out from the deeper parts of my Pussy when i get home. memories!!np - green day - time of our lives

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lol wut?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Baron Bifford posted:

She's asking if the outfit is better with a long skirt or would be better with a mini.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Help Us! Great Warrior is now an actual honest-to-goodness comic-type "book" that you can purchase TODAY. Help Us! Great Warrior #1

e: THOR #5 has had it up to HERE with this poo poo:

there's a couple more excellent pages after this so go buy it

Majuju fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 11, 2015

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Someone with the name Absorbing Man shouldn't talk a lot of poo poo.

I guess he could be a spokesperson for a paper towel company though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Absorbing Man is basically Thor's jobber and now a guardian of the patriarchy I guess.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Majuju posted:

Help Us! Great Warrior is now an actual honest-to-goodness comic-type "book" that you can purchase TODAY. Help Us! Great Warrior #1

Holy gently caress! Thought bubbles! In TYOOL 2015?!

I just don't like multiple characters having the same codename, 'cause it just makes everyone call her "Girl-Thor".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Titania knocks Crusher out and gives herself up right after that, because, um, sisterhood? I dunno, that whole scene came off really clunky, like Aaron screaming really loudly that he's a feminist without actually having anything specific to say about feminism.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought when Absorbing Man tried to absorb Mjolnir he was paralysed until it wore off, on account of not being worthy...

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Elfface posted:

I thought when Absorbing Man tried to absorb Mjolnir he was paralysed until it wore off, on account of not being worthy...

Nah it just flew around him and never touched him instead of just slamming into him which distracted him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

[Fantastic Four #303]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Have they revealed who the new Thor is yet?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Have they revealed who the new Thor is yet?
If you care enough to ask, maybe you should read the comic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Old Thor is literally crossing names off a list trying to work it out. (He's basically eliminated his mum, and that's about it.)

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
How is it that Thor transferred his name to this woman? "Thor" isn't his codename, that's his actual name.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Baron Bifford posted:

How is it that Thor transferred his name to this woman? "Thor" isn't his codename, that's his actual name.

Endless Mike posted:

If you care enough to ask, maybe you should read the comic.

For real though it's a really good series and it's in issue 5 so a trade should probably be coming out in the next few months.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Baron Bifford posted:

For him it's his real name, for her it's a superhero name.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Baron Bifford posted:

Yeah, don't even get me started on those loving Kaizers or Czars.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Baron Bifford posted:

It says it right there on the hammer.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Senor Candle posted:

He's just like Doctor Strange or Doctor Doom where his real name makes a real good superhero name!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There's an Iron Man (Fe)minist joke in there somewhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Baron Bifford posted:

It's like "Man, gently caress Nick Fury, i'm not worthy of the hammer, but hey, you are. You're Thor now, i'm not worthy enough, I am the Odinson (formerly known as Thor)"

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Baron Bifford posted:

Wasn't Eric Masterson Thor for a while?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Majuju posted:

While I don't get the hate for lady Thor and have otherwise enjoyed the series so far, stuff like this always makes me roll my eyes.

Exception being that Invincible page with the panel reuse.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Absorbing Man talking like a redditor is great.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

WAR FOOT posted:

While I don't get the hate for lady Thor and have otherwise enjoyed the series so far, stuff like this always makes me roll my eyes.

Exception being that Invincible page with the panel reuse.

Who was hating on the new Thor? I want names, and which of their hands they prefer to have smashed with a hammer.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Die Laughing posted:

Who was hating on the new Thor? I want names, and which of their hands they prefer to have smashed with a hammer.

The entirety of /co/ over at 4Chan, for one. Any time scans are posted they spiral into the usual rants 'SJWs' who have turned Thor into 'Whor', etc. etc.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Technically she'd have the last name of Odinsdottir, so they'd have to re-inscribe Mjolnir. No they wouldn't.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Prison Warden posted:

Holy gently caress! Thought bubbles! In TYOOL 2015?!

Still writing TYOOL in 2015 isn't any less dated and tired than thought bubbles though. She can only talk Thor faux medieval English, the thought bubbles are there to remind you that she isn't Asgardian, but human, presumably from contemporary Earth.

Senor Candle posted:

He also said he doesn't want to be called Thor any more, since he isn't worthy, he goes by Odinson at the moment.

Decius fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 12, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Decius posted:

He also said he doesn't want to be called Thor any more, since he isn't worthy, he goes by Odinson at the moment.

Honestly to me that sounds like a kinda dumb justification to let them transfer the name, I would've been happy if they'd just said she was the new God of Thunder. I've spent too long thinking of Thor as an individual's name.

But then comics are basically 100% dumb justifications, so whatever.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 12, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Majuju posted:

I haven't read the new Thor, why is she speaking in Asgardian but thinking in normal English?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Speakingeth thusly is one of the powers of Thor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

team overhead smash posted:

Yeah, don't even get me started on those loving Kaizers or Czars.

Fine. I see how it is.

Al-Saqr posted:

I haven't read the new Thor, why is she speaking in Asgardian but thinking in normal English?

Like two posts up, dude.

Decius posted:

She can only talk Thor faux medieval English, the thought bubbles are there to remind you that she isn't Asgardian, but human, presumably from contemporary Earth.