Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

Decent dogs, horrible neighborhood unless you enjoy house fires and bed bugs.

I used to live right around there in the Back Bay Fens.

How's Little Stevie's these days? When I first moved to Boston in 1999, it was the poo poo. By 2004/2005, it started sucking miserably. Only acceptable at 2:30am after a night of drinking. By 2006/2007, even that ended.

But yeah, great dogs. I used to love the Junkyard Dog I think it was called. Cheese, Onions, and Spicy Mustard. E: Wait, Ballpark Dog I think it was called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Shadow posted:

I meant linden street specifically.

Cant say i recall ever eating at little steves, which doesnt really mean much i spose

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Ah... I've ONLY eaten at the one on Boylston by Back Bay (between Hemenway and Mass Ave)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

Decent dogs, horrible neighborhood unless you enjoy house fires and bed bugs.

the house fires are to get rid of all the bed bugs

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
They killed a girl i used to hang with a bit, but i will admit if it got rid of the bed bugs her sacrifice would be worth it.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I had this Wendys blue cheese the other night because it looked okay, and it wasn't so good

The bleu cheese crumbles overpower the burger meat and the fancy lettuce leaves are bitter. I took off the lettuce and most of the bleu cheese and it was okay, maybe give it a 4/10. I regretted not getting the Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Supreme Allah posted:

I had this Wendys blue cheese the other night because it looked okay, and it wasn't so good

The bleu cheese crumbles overpower the burger meat and the fancy lettuce leaves are bitter. I took off the lettuce and most of the bleu cheese and it was okay, maybe give it a 4/10. I regretted not getting the Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

I think i blame you for ordering a bleu cheese burger from wendys more than i blame the burger for being bad

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Supreme Allah posted:

lol you idiot.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
fast food chains trying to do fancy burgers almost always results in a bad burger.

just give me a cheese burger please

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i had no idea fudruckers was owned by lubys

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

fast food chains trying to do fancy burgers almost always results in a bad burger.

just give me a cheese burger please

i had a bacon clubhouse burger from mcdonalds a couple weeks ago.. it was ok. mcdonalds usually does gimmick fancy poo poo better than anyone else. but yeah if you are ordering bleu cheese from wendys you deserve whatever you get

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nonsense posted:

i had no idea fudruckers was owned by lubys

i loving love lubys and i havent had that since i was in high school. that fried haddock goddamn

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TEAYCHES posted:

i had a bacon clubhouse burger from mcdonalds a couple weeks ago.. it was ok. mcdonalds usually does gimmick fancy poo poo better than anyone else. but yeah if you are ordering bleu cheese from wendys you deserve whatever you get

The angus burgers there are gross

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

i dont think they make those anymore

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TEAYCHES posted:

i dont think they make those anymore

Wouldnt be surprised, they were loving nasty. The thicker patty just accentuated how crappy the meat was

Now dont get it twisted, ill still gun a big mac and some fries

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

TEAYCHES posted:

that fried haddock goddamn

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
post here if you love fried okra cuz your daddy ordered it at luby's when you were small times and you asked to have one and that started a love affair that lasts TO THIS DAY

with the okra not your daddy

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Home burg report: bacon, portabella mushrooms, pickles, lettuce/spinach, bbq sauce and a little wing sauce. Soooo good, burgs are the best.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

matrix ripoff posted:

post here if you love fried okra cuz your daddy ordered it at luby's when you were small times and you asked to have one and that started a love affair that lasts TO THIS DAY

this and also collared greens

lubys is something every kid should eat because it exposes you to things like custard, liver and onions, and dat luann platter

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
luby's for president because they expose kids to stuff that no sane person would eat on purpose but is actually quite tasty

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Collard greens fuckin rule.

Not sure ive ever had okra tbh.

Collard greens would be great as a side to a burger, actually

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

the big mac is still the best

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Somehow I find that joints like Shake Shack or Five Guys and Steak and Shake whatnot have tastier meat/burgers. Like, half pound burgers are okay but 1/3lbs 1/4lbs patty is where it is at. I don't know what it is.

Unless it's the grease. The grease makes it tastier.

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010
I burg'd. Cheddar, blue cheese, bacon, an onion ring. Casked coffee stout on the side.

Glorious.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

Collard greens fuckin rule.

Not sure ive ever had okra tbh.

Collard greens would be great as a side to a burger, actually

if you like collard greens you'll like okra, which I think is superior to collard greens which I do not love, I don't dislike, just not love.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

matrix ripoff posted:

Luuuuaaan platter

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
here's a word of advice when it comes to fast food burgers: keep it as simple/traditional burg as possible or you're going to be disappointed. of course the loving bleu cheese burger from wendy's was bad. it ain't a gourmet restaurant don't try to order some poo poo like that.

:ughh:

they're gonna gently caress up anything that strays from beef patty/standard toppings & condiments/bacon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Had a double cheaseburger from McDonald's last night.

Satisfied the urge to burg.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
if you guys havent had an onion ring/pineapple/terrayki sauce combo on a burger then idk

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Smash it Smash hit posted:

if you guys havent had an onion ring/pineapple/terrayki sauce combo on a burger then idk

Teri burgers are dope, but Teri is sweet already. The Pineapple is overkill imo. Also something about the mix of mayo, teri, and meat juice is delicious as gently caress. Top with lettuce and thin raw onion.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Ron Jeremy posted:

Teri burgers are dope, but Teri is sweet already. The Pineapple is overkill imo. Also something about the mix of mayo, teri, and meat juice is delicious as gently caress. Top with lettuce and thin raw onion.

i gotcha but i 1. love pineapple 2. love sweet and savory alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot. You put on a nice fatty cheeze and it balances it out imho

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I will never understand pineapple lovers. Do you guys put pineapple in your spag sauce? Do you top steaks with a slice of pineapple instead of sauteed mushrooms?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
The only meat pineapple belongs on is ham.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really miss Wendy's value menu BBQ Bacon Double Jr Cheeseburger. It had two Jr patties, cheese bacon, onions, pickles, and bbq sauce. Sounds weird but it was really good.

Haven't seen it on the menu anywhere for a good few years. You could get the value combos with a Jr burger, small fries, and a small drink for 3 bucks back then.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Went to wendys to get a baconator since i never ended up doing so yesterday. Get there, wait 15 min in line, forgot wallet.

Maybe tomorrow

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I'm gonna get my burg on tomorrow. I know exactly what I want and it's this (except without pickles; I like pickles but preferably on the side as they tend to overpower everything on food):

I posted it itt already but I don't care. I've had a lot of burgs in my day and this is hands down the best one. It's so simple. Note the herb fries on the side that are also pretty much perfect. The only way I could see them being better is if they had been fried in duck fat. Anyway, here is how they prepare "The Double Stack" burg:

* Sesame bread bun lightly buttered and grilled
* Two 3oz patties made with ground chuck, brisket, and short rib
* Two Kraft singles (normally I prefer a nice cheddar but it tastes so good you won't even question it)
* A smidgen of home-made mayo

Good lord it is tasty. If you're ever in Atlanta and like burgs you owe it to yourself to hit up Bocado (there's the original restaurant which I've linked but they've also started a small chain of restaurants called Bocado Burger that, as the name implies, just sell the burger but honestly that is all you need. Like.. I'm sure their other food is probably pretty good but I can never pass up the opportunity to get one of these burgs)

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 13, 2015

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
burgin tonight

you know you live in an age of miracles when you can get double bacon burgs delivered to your domicile

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Shadow posted:

How's Little Stevie's these days? When I first moved to Boston in 1999, it was the poo poo. By 2004/2005, it started sucking miserably. Only acceptable at 2:30am after a night of drinking. By 2006/2007, even that ended.

But yeah, great dogs. I used to love the Junkyard Dog I think it was called. Cheese, Onions, and Spicy Mustard. E: Wait, Ballpark Dog I think it was called.

Back when I was in high school, I used to hang around little Stevie's and the fens. Walk down to copley, find a bum to get a few 40s of private stock, drink beer and eat pizza on the street with friends.

Granted this was 20 years ago and you could get away with poo poo like that

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
bump for burger friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Smash it Smash hit posted:

that sounds delicious

• Locked thread