Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Has anyone encountered a glitch where, between matches but without leaving a server, you change your buy menu loadout, and it displays the gun you changed to, but when you go to buy it, it buys the weapon you previously had there?

Example: I replaced my CZ with a Five-Seven between matches, but every time I went to buy a Five-Seven it gave me a CZ instead. I haven't checked if quitting the game fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

RipDouglas posted:

No, I think there are a lot of different sub sets of people who like playing together within this group of people, and that letting them make teams with the people they enjoy playing with most creates a more invested attitude (for example the AutNIP team beach called, fairly balanced and a bunch of friends, who are 100% going to show up to play because of it). One person getting picked to a team they don't like pretty much ruins it for the whole team when they decide to ditch.

Don't worry, I will take all the discarded players, the outcast goons, the banned goons, and we will galvanize into something greater than the sum of our parts.

:siren: REVENGE OF THE GOONS :siren:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Lester Shy posted:

I just got a Glock 18 Brass drop as a mission reward. It's worth about $2.50 on the market and is by far the most expensive drop I've ever gotten. It looks like it was worth about $20 at one point but has been steadily dropping for the past nine months. I prefer my other glock skin, so should I just sell it now? I can't imagine why the price would ever go up, but I don't understand the steam market.

Sell it now and if you care about it you can get one later when there's a steam sale and everyone's liquidating items to buy games with.

e: Oh it's from the Dust collection. In that case you miiight want to hold onto it since I'm pretty sure the only reason they're able to drop at the moment is because of the missions. Once the Operation changes they might become impossible to get again and raise a few bucks, but I wouldn't count on it going back to $20 anytime soon.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 12, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

lol let me bring my cevo team for goon tournament!

Agahaa

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

astr0man posted:

daeno, manatee, minineo

Me

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ima cheer for team Canada.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Daeno posted:

Don't worry, I will take all the discarded players, the outcast goons, the banned goons, and we will galvanize into something greater than the sum of our parts.

It doesn't count unless you have cornetTheory

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMwd_3d97o
im a dyed in the wool killer

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Daeno posted:

drat

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

I've watched this four times now and I still don't understand that first kill

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Necc0 posted:

I've watched this four times now and I still don't understand that first kill

His head is poppin' out a little.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Ah I had to crank it up to 1080p to see it

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Might as well be eh

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

mcvey posted:

Might as well be eh

We did not buy Alaska for like $7 mill to have it given to USA's hat.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

I hate you because I was too bad to move when I realized I was exposed.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Daeno posted:

"I'm not playing with Shadowlz"

:lol:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Gooooooooons!!!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Gooooooooons!!!

Toooooyyysssss!!!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to ask this again since it got buried in autistic tournament chat

ninotoreS posted:

It was fun when I was still a child, and it was a semi-magical place where everything seemed delicious.

And then I grew the gently caress up and realized there are much better things to eat.

hth

what are better fps games because i would like to play them

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quake Live.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

jumping and shooting rockets simulator

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i already play that

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Quake, UT, BC2, CS

The only FPS games that matter.

e: doom, if you're a weirdo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Unless you liked Americas Army (if so play Insurgency), that's it anymore.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
https://twitter.com/UBINITED/status/565735327563010049

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Quake, UT, BC2, CS

The only FPS games that matter.

e: doom, if you're a weirdo

Doom is fun. Still play doom leagues.

Also in case you were wondering if MM is cheat free yet: it's not rofl

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Why do people do complicated lineups for smoke instead of doing a bind toggle for cl_showpos and just getting the numbers right? Instead of remembering a complicated "stand on this oddly colored spot on the ground, line up this edge and this tree branch you just stand at x=147.49 y=1.734 angle = 123 elevation =67 or w/e and its perfect every time?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Set nading is fun in a weird not fun at all kind of way

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

henne posted:

Why do people do complicated lineups for smoke instead of doing a bind toggle for cl_showpos and just getting the numbers right? Instead of remembering a complicated "stand on this oddly colored spot on the ground, line up this edge and this tree branch you just stand at x=147.49 y=1.734 angle = 123 elevation =67 or w/e and its perfect every time?

Hm I wonder which of these is easier to remember

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

henne posted:

I'm smoking CT. Give me a sec while I find my gaming protractor fellas I'm crunching the numbers now.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

eriddy posted:

I'm smoking CT. Give me a sec while I find my gaming protractor fellas I'm crunching the numbers now.

Dont be silly. A spreadsheet displayed on a second monitor would suffice.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Yeah i have some handwritten notes for some smokes that I put on my desk when i play. Its honestly easier than trying to remember 5 similar lineups and since you don't have to use a refernce point you can throw them all from the same point. You can do the rough lineup like normal and then just adjust to 45.76deg x 73.1deg instead of try to keep you mouse from moving side to side as you slide it 8" while trying to remember if you line it up halfway between the 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th grey bar from the left edge of the 3rd window.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

bpower posted:

They flashed catwalk. Roger that loading data into my pivot tables and faxing it over now.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

bpower posted:

But I need that second monitor for a Russian-Finnish dictionary.

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
looking to MM now im nuts

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lagcats

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*team of scientists all performing math calculations and measuring the base volume of a liquid compared to a gas*

guys its b

Shions of Qud

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Henne is that guy defending long A that absolutely has to figure out how to throw the smoke into the doorway over the corner instead peeking it for half a second and getting it down faster

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Ummm that's a running jump throw from ct slope off the red sign duh. I'm talking about poo poo like smoking Xbox or cross map smokes and poo poo, not your everyday every round poo poo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So, I just played two rounds of this game.

This is the first time I've played CS since... oh... 2001ish. Whenever CS 1.0 came out for HL1, I stopped playing shortly after that.

Nice to see the core gameplay and controls haven't changed, though after playing modern shooters with ADSing and crap, it was weird getting used to the whole movement and shooting meta.

Otherwise I didn't recognize most of the guns, had people yelling gibberish locations at me and then telling me I suck and am a human being, so nothing's changed there, either.

I dunno... used to play seriously and was in clan matches and not a terrible player back in the day... now I just feel like I'm too old (33) and slow for this poo poo or something. Or is it just that the community is so far up its own rear end that if you haven't been around for every iteration to know every little pixel perfect jump and grenade throw for every map, you will never be decent? The last FPS I've played was Planetside 2 for the last 2 years, basically, and I'm alright at that, but holy poo poo, across those 2 rounds or so, I had a total of... oh... like 12 kills and about 15 assists, that's it. Kinda depressing. I guess this is what aging athletes feel like? :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stranger danger
May 24, 2006
Is it possible to see the wear on the individual gun I'm thinking of buying? It seems like the answer is "no" and only the FN version comes up, but I've also seen stickers on people's guns :shrug:

• Locked thread