Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Jonny Angel posted:

Looking forward to this week of LCS, I'm curious about how Roccat vs UoL will shake out. They're both looking like they could take the 4th place spot behind SK/FNC/EL. Who do people got in that matchup?

I have faith in UoL to not only beat Roccat but also beat either fnc or el for a top 3 spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Montecristo's second countdown video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu4HOPJ9Z0

I'm watching Elements - SK, which he mentions, and man Wickd is having a terrible split so far.

Edit: Forgiven is so good.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 11, 2015

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Jonny Angel posted:

Looking forward to this week of LCS, I'm curious about how Roccat vs UoL will shake out. They're both looking like they could take the 4th place spot behind SK/FNC/EL. Who do people got in that matchup?

I don't think it'll happen this split, but I think by the end of summer there's a very good chance that UoL become a top 3 team in Europe. I think a lot of their weaknesses right now can be attributed to lack of experience. There are times where they just kind of seem lost (like in their game against FNC when they gave up a Baron for free) which can fixed with experience and coaching.

As much as I like to rag on Elements for being boring, and as much as Wickd is a subpar top laner, I don't see them dropping out. They're still 4/5ths of the team that had the only perfect game at Worlds last year, and the fifth member is an upgrade. I think the most likely candidate to fall off is Fanatic.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Sexpansion posted:

Montecristo's second countdown video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu4HOPJ9Z0

I'm watching Elements - SK, which he mentions, and man Wickd is having a terrible split so far.

What a good resource. Just a short list of games that are fun, interesting, or important in some way with some breakdown and links to them.

e: whoa sick overlay update from last week.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

We need more league show things to watch. I love watching them while I do work, makes the time fly by.

I did finally get around to listening to the most recent First Blood and Brokenshard ragequitting the call after being called a Wario looking rear end had me weak with laughter.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I just got through 80% of Monte's show and I do like it, but I think the next step is to throw some video of games he's discussing into the mix. I don't need any John Madden arrows or illustrations, just a visual reference so viewers can see for themselves.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
For some reason I thought the LCK regular season was almost over but I did not realize they play an entire second set with all the teams replaying each other.

Some disappointing errors from IM today and some disappointing drafting from CJ. I feel like if either team had fixed those problems they could have 2-0'd the other guy. It was a really close set because their... I don't know... core incompetencies? Were on vastly different planes that didn't overlap.

Both IM and CJ seem like they are a threat to blow out or get blown out by anyone they play.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Libertine posted:

For some reason I thought the LCK regular season was almost over but I did not realize they play an entire second set with all the teams replaying each other.

Some disappointing errors from IM today and some disappointing drafting from CJ. I feel like if either team had fixed those problems they could have 2-0'd the other guy. It was a really close set because their... I don't know... core incompetencies? Were on vastly different planes that didn't overlap.

Both IM and CJ seem like they are a threat to blow out or get blown out by anyone they play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGNi1CW-C8I

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
rip bobbyhankhill, he's now in heaven playing Heroes of the Storm with Zuna and Kenma

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

henkman posted:

rip bobbyhankhill, he's now in heaven playing Heroes of the Storm with Zuna and Kenma

At least he's not in Hearthstone with chu8.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Episode 2 of the TSM show is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsHAihXOwc

Winterfox all looks like a bunch of really great people :3:

I wonder if the SUPER SECRET COMP that Loco and Bjergson were arguing about was Double AD. I think Bjerg would probably be the best mid laner in NA to throw on Ezreal, he totally dominated in that URF All-Stars match.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flameingblack posted:

I wonder if the SUPER SECRET COMP that Loco and Bjergson were arguing about was Double AD. I think Bjerg would probably be the best mid laner in NA to throw on Ezreal, he totally dominated in that URF All-Stars match.

Spoilers: It's Turtle on botlane Azir and Bjergsen on Ezreal mid. :ssh:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
From watching that, it seemed like Locodoco thinks about the game on a different level than, say, Regi/Wildturtle etc. Talking about exploiting 'mid priority' as well versus 'we played like poo poo and picked bad champs' seems to be more productive in terms of long term growth, but what do I know. I'd be really interested to read write ups from some different analysts/coaches on how they analyze the game.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesoceania

One of my internet friends is playing in the OPL!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

I see you Gleeb.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That shady MYM coach who threatened to take everything Selfie had, including his mother's home has been fired from MYM and suspended from all LCS events. People are saying the fine (Roughly $5600 US Dollars) isn't nearly enough against someone who threatened 17 year old and his mother, and that MYM should lose their LCS spot due to poor management (Comments say the MYM CEO is as bad).

On a light note,

I never saw Sjokz fired until just now but I was caught so off guard by Jatt angerly throwing his pen at Phreak's bad pun

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 12, 2015

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesoceania

Tune in and watch some high level League of Legends

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

That shady MYM coach who threatened to take everything Selfie had, including his mother's home has been fired from MYM and suspended from all LCS events. People are saying the fine (Roughly $5600 US Dollars) isn't nearly enough against someone who threatened 17 year old and his mother, and that MYM should lose their LCS spot due to poor management (Comments say the MYM CEO is as bad).

On a light note,

I never saw Sjokz fired until just now but I was caught so off guard by Jatt angerly throwing his pen at Phreak's bad pun

Jesus christ that entire segment just made me vomit in my mouth.

Phreak looks like some kind of loving alien with that beard.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
that punishment for mym is pathetic rofl

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
He was just one bad apple, everything's alright again kids. Don't let this disturb you from signing contracts.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I feel like the MYM situation is such that its really hard for Riot to give a punishment that fits and feels fair and satisfying.

MYM has been lovely in other games and not the best to the older LoL team. But as for the org in LCS there's only this glaring fault on the table and while its gross, if the org pins it on the guy and there's no real trail elsewhere, what is there to do? It really does seem like the CEO knowsn but it cant be proven.

The conflict of interest between riot as the league owner that pays and riot as the adjudicator just makes it messy too. Not only that, but also that while Kori needs to be protected there's also the fact that he does have a LCS gig with MYM, lovely as it is. So there's a bind where if he goes he loses his chance. Hard to really work out.

I mean yeah, the fine could be bigger, but. I at least hope that Riot will be watching MYM closely after this and that at least amounts to something if it keeps the org from doing similar crap (or catches them early if they do it)..

What really needs to happen is more preventative and responsive infrastructure to handle these things and give players an out. But that will take work.

e: On further thought I think it would be most fitting for MYM to lose a bunch of sponsors. I don't know if it will happen but that feels like the kind of thing that sticks. Kind of like how when Fnatic was being cheating assholes in CSGO it was the sponsors threatening to pull that really changed their mind

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 12, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this is the bit that really pisses me off

quote:

Our investigation found fault on behalf of both player and management. As such, it appeared that by leaving the team ahead of the beginning of the spring split Wolski was breaking an active contract and commitment to MYM.

like wow it's almost as if he was threatened for his safety and livelihood being with the team or something, what a piece of poo poo kid he is for breaking a contract with someone who threatened to financially destroy his family

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm a bit confused on this but how the gently caress could MYM actually threaten his mother? Just to legally pay them for not following his contract or something? I'm too stupid to understand the the legal implications involved.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CLG fined more for breaking protocol and poaching a coach/player than a guy an adult guy who threatened a 17 year old kid and his mother.

Riot.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Asema posted:

CLG fined more for breaking protocol and poaching a coach/player than a guy an adult guy who threatened a 17 year old kid and his mother.

Riot.

In terms of which team (CLG/MYM) is in a more severe breach of the rules Riot has set for their competitive circuit, it takes some creativity to give Riot the right and reason to act as judge at all in the MYM case. Some of the facts are in dispute even after the verdict, and both sides of the issue have broken the rules. The CLG case was very clear on the facts, and on who is supposed to enforce the rules.

A dude's been fired and banned from the scene, the team was fined. MYM is likely going to keep being the shady, exploitative organization it's always been known to be in any game it has associated with. Just because it isn't righteously just doesn't mean Riot should've done more. What would that mean anyway?

Ihki fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 12, 2015

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Flipswitch posted:

I'm a bit confused on this but how the gently caress could MYM actually threaten his mother? Just to legally pay them for not following his contract or something? I'm too stupid to understand the the legal implications involved.

I believe his mother signed a contract. If she was acting as a guarantor it may be that she put herself in a position to be pursued legally for a breach of the contract.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ihki posted:

In terms of which team (CLG/MYM) is in a more severe breach of the rules Riot has set for their competitive circuit, it takes some creativity to give Riot the right and reason to act as judge at all in the MYM case. Some of the facts are in dispute even after the verdict, and both sides of the issue have broken the rules. The CLG case was very clear on the facts, and on who is supposed to enforce the rules.

A dude's been fired and banned from the scene, the team was fined. MYM is likely going to keep being the shady, exploitative organization it's always been known to be in any game it has associated with. Just because it isn't righteously just doesn't mean Riot should've done more. What would that mean anyway?

We have actual audio log of a grown man threatening a teenager and then real actual Skype logs of the CEO being slimy and trying to cover everything while also threatening the teenager with fines while being in contact with Riot (when he wasn't) but sure. Sure man.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Asema posted:

We have actual audio log of a grown man threatening a teenager and then real actual Skype logs of the CEO being slimy and trying to cover everything while also threatening the teenager with fines while being in contact with Riot (when he wasn't) but sure. Sure man.

You even managed to ignore the entirety of my point while being a condescending dick about it :thumbsup:

Giants vs Gambit
H2K vs Elements
MYM vs Fnatic
UoL vs Roccat
CW vs SK

Will probably just catch the last two games, today looks a bit poo poo.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Giants vs Gambit
H2K vs Elements
MYM vs Fnatic
UoL vs Roccat
CW vs SK

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Giants vs Gambit
H2K vs Elements (BELIEVE)
MYM vs Fnatic
UoL vs Roccat
CW vs SK

I think the last game could be 25 minutes.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I'll be the only one who believes in Roccat then

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Everybody dies - Roccat just needs a little help.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Countown to Easyhoon being kicked off SK due to failing to get out of the second round of the solo king tournament starts now.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Asema posted:

The guy in the audio has been fired from MYM and is banned from all future League related events. The CEO Skype logs are about KORI trying to leave the team over not being paid (which it turns out was his fault, he didn't supply them with the required forms), there's nothing in them that points to the CEO knowing about the house-threats. I mean, he might have done (read, probably did), but Riot can't act without proof.

Giants vs Gambit (Eddy baby, please :ohdear:)
H2K vs Elements
MYM vs Fnatic
UoL vs Roccat (Best game of the day I imagine)
CW vs SK

Red side sweep.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Giants has incredible disengage and Gambit has Zed. I don't see this going very well.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That Kass bug STILL exists?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Werlyb is so bad, lmao

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Firebert posted:

Werlyb is so bad, lmao

He just keeps dying :psyduck:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Firebert posted:

Werlyb is so bad, lmao

Seriously, how do you get caught out twice in five minutes as Kassadin with Flash up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
WTF is this game.

• Locked thread