Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess one went to a daddy-daughter dance the other day.

I'm fully expecting that to be the plot of a Day by Day storyarc in the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

zakharov posted:

I seriously wonder what it is like to be the kind of person who walks around actually being scared of terrorists. What is their day like? What do they think about? I WANT TO KNOW
They are the same people afraid of when Iran gets nukes or afraid of when Russia, North Korea, and China team up to invade the US and crush us because our sissy president and his Marxist followers will allow us to be crushed under the yoke of COMMUNISM!!!!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jerusalem posted:

I'm fully expecting that to be the plot of a Day by Day storyarc in the next few years.

Nah, Muir isn't really interested in evangelical culture or Christianity in general (except where it forms a part of Western civilization). His obsession with sex and with female nudity shows that he's thoroughly rejected purity culture. He'll probably stick with pointedly cleaning guns whenever one of his daughters brings a boy home. (There's no chance that the girls will be lesbians.)

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!
President Obama sure had egg on his face back in 2001, only several months into his eternal presidency.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Please share a good source of news in America. I haven't found one yet. NPR gets kinda close I guess.

al-Jazeera America is pretty decent

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

majormonotone posted:

al-Jazeera America is pretty decent
It has an opinion section, and that's where the opinions go. Convenient!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The New York Times is the only respectable publication left.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Not John Stewart! He's my favorite Green Lantern!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Someone change "Brian Williams" to Fox News.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Someone change "Brian Williams" to Fox News.

And the Obama logo to 'Discerning Viewers'

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Haha he literally stole the boss right out of Dilbert. What a hack.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 12, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

agreed

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

That's how trials work. :agc:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, it's not like he's in politics (or is a corporate CEO or something), where "but everyone else is doing it!" is apparently a completely legitimate excuse.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Also note the big Hillary whopper conservatives want to bring up is the one about sniper fire... not the bit about being "flat broke"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Keep trying, Eric.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
US-led coalition airstrikes have been surgically removing ISIS since last year. AGC

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

No girls allowed, huh? Seems kinda gay to me.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
So now that Obama has officially asked Congress to go to war against ISIS, how soon should we expect all the hawks to congratulate him?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I too have seen those Saturday Night Live sketches that started running 27 years ago

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Ezzer posted:

Haha he literally stole the boss right out of Dilbert. What a hack.

The one who is 900% incompetent, wrong about literally every business decision, and routinely outclassed by a dog & third-world mud-dwellers. A G C.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
R... Robin Williams?? What are you doing in this hospital while also wearing military commendations? You're dead!

Vanir85
Jan 11, 2015

DarklyDreaming posted:

Oh boy there's going to be a "Men's only" bar that will be a setting for a couple strips and then completely forgotten again. :v:

I love how Muir actually portrays a main character as more of a mysogynist than the ebil terorrist he claims to hate. I guess he really does see sexism as a positive trait.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Vanir85 posted:

I love how Muir actually portrays a main character as more of a mysogynist than the ebil terorrist he claims to hate. I guess he really does see sexism as a positive trait.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Gay incestous threesome incoming

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Honestly, I like the idea of mancaves and gentlemen's clubs (The pool and beer kind, not the ones where you spend half the day walking funny due to a permanent case of blue balls) and places for dudes to relax without having to worry too much about social decency.

But it's a little like Mao being into tea. It's sheer guilt by association whenever Muir touches on a theme, even by accident.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Muir is always sort of caught in this weird tug-of-war between A Voice for Men and Men Going Their Own Way. Like, dude, pick a crazy hosed-up misogyny and stick with it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Sputnik posted:

Chip Bok is consistently dumb as hell.

This is either incredibly dumb, or AGC so subtle that we missed it. See, the pointy haired boss is an idiot who has stupidly wrong or possibly evil opinions on everything, therefore whatever he supports is wrong by association.

ME USE VISUAL METAPHOR ME CARTOONIST

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If this were intentional he would have exaggerated the stupidity or evilness of the statement. Just using the phrase as is makes it seem like he's trying to make te boss the reasonable one.

My guess is Bok, being a stupid rear end in a top hat, googled Boss, found one that was simple to draw, and went with it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Aside from the obvious stupidity of using the PHB as your voice of reason, HE'S NOT PAYING FOR IT ANYWAY. He's asking to specifically disallow birth control to use the bargained rates that you get when you have an insurance provider. The woman is using her own money for the birth control, just a lower price because of the idiotic way that we structure health care in this country. I mean his money is going to her salary which buys birth control so I guess he's paying for it either way, he's just choosing to do it in a way that makes it difficult to do because he's apparently an authoritarian Christian fundamentalist that wants to have power over the sexual agency of his staff.

For some reason these bosses don't give much of a poo poo over the other stuff that their insurance policies cover avoidable injuries or ailments that might result from avoidable recreational activities I wonder why that is.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Bok probably considers PHB the hero of Dilbert.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Just Think

Allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons would, for Israel, amount to an act of suicide.
Due to popular demand, we've re-opened our indiegogo site. We reached (and went beyond) our fund-raising goal but so many people have asked if they can still contribute and receive our "perks" (Dry Bones Haggadahs, dvd's, etc.) that we've been forced to comply. To check it out go to http://igg.me/at/drybones
Labels: Bibi, Congress, Israel, Netanyahu, Nukes, Obama, Sanctions, Shuldig

Joe Biden's Plan

According to FOX News:
Biden to Miss Netanyahu Address to Congress>p /> "Vice President Biden is expected to miss Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's speech to a joint meeting of Congress -- apparently because of overseas travel -- as several Democratic lawmakers plan to sit out the address in protest. A White House official confirmed to Fox News on Friday that the vice president will miss the address, as he will be traveling abroad. As president of the Senate, Biden would typically attend a joint meeting of Congress, putting the White House in a bind because of its irritation about Netanyahu's visit.
The White House has accused Netanyahu and congressional Republicans of breaching diplomatic protocol by arranging the address without coordinating with the administration. Biden's overseas trip allows the White House to avoid the awkwardness of having the vice president sit behind Netanyahu during the address. It's unclear where the vice president plans to travel, though his office said the unspecified trip was in the works before the prime minister's trip was announced. Netanyahu is scheduled to address Congress on March 3.
Meanwhile, at least three prominent Democratic lawmakers have vowed to boycott the speech, saying they disapprove of House Speaker John Boehner's decision to invite the Israeli leader without consulting President Obama. Reps. John Lewis of Georgia, G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina and Earl Blumenauer of Oregon announced their decisions earlier this week. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said the president believes individual members of Congress should make their own decisions about whether or not to attend.
This week, officials began laying the groundwork for the prospect that Biden would skip the speech, nothing that he also missed a joint meeting of Congress in 2011 because of foreign travel."-more
Due to popular demand, we've re-opened our indiegogo site. We reached (and went beyond) our fund-raising goal but so many people have asked if they can still contribute and receive our "perks" (Dry Bones Haggadahs, dvd's, etc.) that we've been forced to comply. To check it out go to http://igg.me/at/drybones
Labels: Bibi, Biden, Congress, Haggadah, Israel, Netanyahu, Nukes, Obama, Sanctions, Shuldig

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

xthetenth posted:

Bok probably considers PHB the hero of Dilbert.

If he was a more talented boot licker he would be idolizing the less iconic, but more sociopathic bald CEO character.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Please share a good source of news in America. I haven't found one yet. NPR gets kinda close I guess.

Try reading your news instead of watching it? Reuters is my fav, but in general, it turns out there's a lot less bullshit when it's not a TV show meant to gather ratings.

When you read the news, you as the reader also have the advantage of being able to choose how much time you want to devote paying attention to each story. Think the latest celeb scandal isn't worth your attention? Read a different article. Imagine that!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Just Think

Joe Biden's Plan

Thanks for posting these just now, I needed something that's sorta connected to this picture I took at my workplace yesterday

It's a book from the 80's and it's literally called 'Is there a solution to the Palestinian problem?' in Hebrew. I didn't really have time to read a bit inside to see if it gets really awful or anything, or say get a better picture, but thought you'd "like" to see this.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Honestly, I like the idea of mancaves and gentlemen's clubs (The pool and beer kind, not the ones where you spend half the day walking funny due to a permanent case of blue balls) and places for dudes to relax without having to worry too much about social decency.

But it's a little like Mao being into tea. It's sheer guilt by association whenever Muir touches on a theme, even by accident.

What about a woman potentially being present makes it impossible for men to relax exactly?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Banging hookers is awkward with the wife right there doing her makeup and yammering on about her day

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Political Whores posted:

What about a woman potentially being present makes it impossible for men to relax exactly?

Freedom to fart, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Mehuyael posted:

Thanks for posting these just now, I needed something that's sorta connected to this picture I took at my workplace yesterday

It's a book from the 80's and it's literally called 'Is there a solution to the Palestinian problem?' in Hebrew. I didn't really have time to read a bit inside to see if it gets really awful or anything, or say get a better picture, but thought you'd "like" to see this.

Wow. I mean even if inside it's a calm, rational, unbiased examination of the complexity of the Israel-Palestine issue, that title is... unfortunate.

Like surely the author has heard the language associated with the holocaust? And isn't a fan of said holocaust??

• Locked thread