Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
*begins trying to will Gamestop.com to ship his 3DS order*

At least I'll have Majora's Mask to play since I'm DLing it, but since it's a Mon Hun 4 3DS I'm not gonna buy the game twice :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Dehry posted:

They could probably do Sonic 2 without much trouble, but the guys doing the mobile phone remakes of the game think Sonic 3 & Knuckles could be a bit troublesome. Also, with the recent shakeup at Sega to focus on mobile and PC, they actually lost contact with the people they were working with to make the ports. I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese developers have been shifted around as well.

If you want to read some :words: on why you can read their blog.
http://hcstealth.tumblr.com/post/100311283757/sonic-3-knuckles-20th-anniversary

There's also the supposed licensing issues of the Sonic 3 music which depending on which video game folklore you listen to was actually produced by Michael Jackson (who went uncredited publicly) and now allegedly owned by his estate. That's always seemed pretty crazy to me, but it is Sega so who fuckin' knows.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guys, guys. The 3DS shop theme's updated. To the Ocarina of Time store theme :allears:.

Incidentally, when are we supposed to get those new Home themes for Majora's Mask, Monster Hunter and Ace Combat? I would've thought they'd be up by now.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
3DS Gamestop.com pre-orders have started shipment rollout. If you have UPS Choice you should have gotten an e-mail this morning about the label authorization (if it's being delivered tomorrow), and you'll see a tracking number on Gamestop.com with the order closed now (or very soon).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So if I purchased my n3ds at a store from the website how can I check the status of my delivery? I did not ask for one day shipping because I'm cheap.

Edit: nm I found it, still open order

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 12, 2015

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

io_burn posted:

There's also the supposed licensing issues of the Sonic 3 music which depending on which video game folklore you listen to was actually produced by Michael Jackson (who went uncredited publicly) and now allegedly owned by his estate. That's always seemed pretty crazy to me, but it is Sega so who fuckin' knows.

There's enough evidence that this is pretty much just a fact now.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My Best Buy n3DS order has yet to be cancelled so I'm hoping I can get some kind of tracking info soon. :ohdear:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Riftling posted:

3DS Gamestop.com pre-orders have started shipment rollout. If you have UPS Choice you should have gotten an e-mail this morning about the label authorization (if it's being delivered tomorrow), and you'll see a tracking number on Gamestop.com with the order closed now (or very soon).

I did 2-day so hopefully the same is true for me. Let's go Saturday Delivery!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

ChaosArgate posted:

My Best Buy n3DS order has yet to be cancelled so I'm hoping I can get some kind of tracking info soon. :ohdear:

Same here. I spoke with a Best Buy lady over the phone a few days ago, actually, and she said that devices will ship out at 12:01 AM on the 13th, but that it'll take around 24 hours to generate tracking info, so don't expect tracking until the 14th.

So, just a heads up.

Venusy
Feb 21, 2007
My N3DS arrived from the Nintendo UK store earlier. My glasses can screw up the super stable 3D occasionally, but when it works, it's amazing. The new stylus is pretty terrible compared to the old 3DS XL one (shorter and thinner), and the front is a bad position for it, but at least it won't be accidentally slipping out. Still need to get fully used to the different grip required, going from the larger system to the smaller one. Have tried out amiibo in SSB3DS, a Grand Prix in MK7 to see how the 3D improves things, and the first cycle in Majora's Mask.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Venusy posted:

The new stylus is pretty terrible compared to the old 3DS XL one (shorter and thinner), and the front is a bad position for it, but at least it won't be accidentally slipping out.

So the old retractable stylus won't fit in the slot? That's too bad, the new stylus was one of the better design choices in the original 3DS.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Stealthed Zombie posted:

*begins trying to will Gamestop.com to ship his 3DS order*

At least I'll have Majora's Mask to play since I'm DLing it, but since it's a Mon Hun 4 3DS I'm not gonna buy the game twice :(

I like to think that this post is the reason my order just shipped.

I'm super hype to hunt some monsters and also do dungeons or whatever to stop the moon from being a jerk.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I got my copy of the Majora's Mask special edition in the post today, the little poster that comes with it is pretty cool, the game itself looks good too, lotta new dialogue I've noticed so far, many is just obvious hints from Tatl.

Getting the Bombers Notebook from the Mask Salesman was different too.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

3d land, if you beat it and still want more mario, then do nsmb2

Yeah, but if 3D Land is a Platinum reward and NSMB2 isn't, then if I spend the coins now on 3D Land I may end up with a lovely Platinum reward. Already have DK 3D and don't give a poo poo about any of the physical rewards.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just assume whatever the platinum reward is will be something you already own, and be pleasantly surprised if it isn't.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

io_burn posted:

According to Console Wars they never used that music because of the child rape allegations.

Venusy
Feb 21, 2007

BGrifter posted:

So the old retractable stylus won't fit in the slot? That's too bad, the new stylus was one of the better design choices in the original 3DS.
I never had the original 3DS, just the XL (which did not come with a retractable stylus), but comparing against a third party retractable one that I assume should have fitted into it, no. The slot is so thin that only the N3DS stylus can go in there, and I believe the N3DSXL stylus is the same as the N3DS one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Soul Glo posted:

According to Console Wars they never used that music because of the child rape allegations.

You know I always assumed his harsh upbringing combined with the Pepsi commercial fire fried his brain, but I think it makes more sense that being involved with Sonic the Hedgehog is what messed him up.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

greatn posted:

You know I always assumed his harsh upbringing combined with the Pepsi commercial fire fried his brain, but I think it makes more sense that being involved with Sonic the Hedgehog is what messed him up.

I agree, Sonic the Hedgehog is history's greatest monster

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I like to think that this post is the reason my order just shipped.

Did you get an email about it being shipped or did you have to look it up on Gamestop's website?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

katkillad2 posted:

Did you get an email about it being shipped or did you have to look it up on Gamestop's website?

I got an email. Oddly I haven't been charged yet but I assume that'll happen quite soon.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Szurumbur posted:

I think mine a DSi, so that'll help me save some money.

And just to make sure - DS cart games don't have their regions locked, it's only those few special DSi-specific games and 3DS ones, right?
Yes, original DS games are completely region free. Some DSi stuff was region locked (there was so little DSi software, though, that it's really unlikely that you'll find something that is), and every 3DS game is region locked also.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Venusy posted:

I never had the original 3DS, just the XL (which did not come with a retractable stylus), but comparing against a third party retractable one that I assume should have fitted into it, no. The slot is so thin that only the N3DS stylus can go in there, and I believe the N3DSXL stylus is the same as the N3DS one.

Oh man, I loved the 3DS's retractable stylus. I guess I just have to hope that N3DSXL's isn't as tiny as the original DS lite's.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

greatn posted:

Just assume whatever the platinum reward is will be something you already own, and be pleasantly surprised if it isn't.

In any case, it's not hurting me to wait. We have til June or whenever to claim rewards. We'll know in a month or so what the Gold/Plat rewards will be.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

Oh man, I loved the 3DS's retractable stylus. I guess I just have to hope that N3DSXL's isn't as tiny as the original DS lite's.

I can't be the only one that took like 3 months to realise it was retractable

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Guys, guys. The 3DS shop theme's updated. To the Ocarina of Time store theme :allears:.

Incidentally, when are we supposed to get those new Home themes for Majora's Mask, Monster Hunter and Ace Combat? I would've thought they'd be up by now.

eShop music in NA is the Song of Storms. :allears:

I have no idea when I'll be getting my Majora's Mask 3D. I pre-ordered the bundle with the statue, and found out yesterday it was actually an online order, despite making it in-store. Since it's a holiday weekend where I am, I might not get it until next week. Laaaame.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
There's no way in hell that an EB Games in Canada will have the MM XL in stock if I walk in at opening tomorrow, is there. :saddowns:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't be the only one that took like 3 months to realise it was retractable

I found out on accident. For like a week, I was wondering why the stylus was so tiny.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My guess is that the Gold/Plat rewards will be something that has yet to be released on the eshop.

Mother 3.

:negative:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

hopeandjoy posted:

it's considerably fatter

Venusy
Feb 21, 2007

DS Lite, DSi, 3DS XL, N3DS regular. As far as I know, the N3DS stylus and the N3DS XL one are the same, but I could be completely wrong. v:shobon:v Would compare against my DS Phat as well, but no idea where that is or if I even still have it, but that probably would be the closest thing to compare to.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Whoever designed these loving screws to get at the SD card needs sorting out because this is loving stupid.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Whoever designed these loving screws to get at the SD card needs sorting out because this is loving stupid.

I know this is mostly a joke at this point, but how so? I was assuming it's just a regular phillip's head?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Should have practiced.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Fryhtaning posted:

In any case, it's not hurting me to wait. We have til June or whenever to claim rewards. We'll know in a month or so what the Gold/Plat rewards will be.

I'm hoping for something good!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo'll fix this right up by releasing Nintendo-brand screwdrivers with pictures of Mario and Yoshi on 'em (Final Club Nintendo Platinum Reward: Rosalina).

Venusy
Feb 21, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

I know this is mostly a joke at this point, but how so? I was assuming it's just a regular phillip's head?
It's a #00 Phillips head, you need a smaller set of screwdrivers than normal.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Policenaut posted:

Nintendo'll fix this right up by releasing Nintendo-brand screwdrivers with pictures of Mario and Yoshi on 'em (Final Club Nintendo Platinum Reward: Rosalina).

I can't wait to hear about Mariotehplumber's obsessive hoarding of every Rosalina screwdriver in the world.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

CuddlyZombie posted:

Same here. I spoke with a Best Buy lady over the phone a few days ago, actually, and she said that devices will ship out at 12:01 AM on the 13th, but that it'll take around 24 hours to generate tracking info, so don't expect tracking until the 14th.

So, just a heads up.

This makes me feel a little better, I keep checking the order and see that its still at Payment Validated - Status Not Available, but haven't received a cancellation. Was beginning to get nervous that others may have gotten their shipments already. Not going to have time to play it for a bit anyway, just good to know its out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The screws are so small that even a correct size #0 Philips won't get a real grip on the screw. They're screwed in extremely tightly and don't come all the way out. Then you have to pry the cover off with your stylus which I'm still stuck on.

• Locked thread