Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

im completely fine if the last haruhi thing i ever see animated was the disappearance movie

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you're getting thrown out of the suicide pact

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

from what little I read of the original book, it seems like the anime is 100000x better, so if they just do their own take on new stuff it would be good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The author literally does not seem able to come up with an ending, complaining about having bad writer's block in one of the afterwords or something. I mean he wrote 9 books from 2003-2007, then a big one in 2011, and nothing ever since. It's dead, Jim.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

It's so sad that he couldn't find a way to balance his love of tasty boozes with his love of school idols.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The Yuki-chan manga is cute and funny so I'm looking forward to the anime.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm over the fact there will be no Haruhi S3 now. Next year I will be over there being no S3 of K-ON, and who knows what 2017 will bring - maybe I'll learn to deal with the lack of Spice and Wolf S3.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

chihayafuru

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Polsy posted:

It used to be a regular poster that did those, anyway, just Zorak took it over.

Also whoever does the next one steal TVIV's idea of pretty clickable pictures, tia.

this is good poo poo and would drum up more interest than some half-assed one-line summary that oozes indifference

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most shows are only worth indifference though.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's coming

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

this is good poo poo and would drum up more interest than some half-assed one-line summary that oozes indifference

If people want that sort of thing with anime, then anichart already does it automatically.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Finished Bodacious Space Pirates. It was really good. Now to wait on that movie which is coming any month now.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Allarion posted:

Finished Bodacious Space Pirates. It was really good. Now to wait on that movie which is coming any month now.

I wish some other group at least did a quick sub. WhyNot is moving glacially.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Whatever happened to those extremely nice "Summer 2014 anime season" and "Winter 2015 anime season" threads where I could get a preview as to what's coming out when and get goon advice as to which series are worth looking at?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they still exist

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

khy posted:

Whatever happened to those extremely nice "Summer 2014 anime season" and "Winter 2015 anime season" threads where I could get a preview as to what's coming out when and get goon advice as to which series are worth looking at?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687458

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Well, poo poo. I went looking for it earlier today and couldn't find it for the life of me.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

K. Flaps posted:

I'm over the fact there will be no Haruhi S3 now. Next year I will be over there being no S3 of K-ON, and who knows what 2017 will bring - maybe I'll learn to deal with the lack of Spice and Wolf S3.

theyre actually working on k-on season 3 right now

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am the new main charactet

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

PotU posted:

i am the new main charactet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vkeios posted:

I quite liked the Haruhi movie, so I'm gonna assume the Yuki-show is gonna be more of that and wholeheartedly support it.
it's not

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yuki chan is a "what if?" show. It's what Haruhi season 3 would have been had Yuki changed Kyon in Disappearance as well. Haruhi manages to find her way back into the story by the second volume. If anything, it allows for Kadokawa to test the waters for a Haruhi season 3 without making it. They still go to the places they go in the later books and even encounter Sasaki, but at that point the scanlations stopped so I haven't read any farther than that. The next chapter is in March, so the anime will have probably started by then.

The other portion is a Yuki/Kyon romance, with Yuki, Kyon, and Asakura spending a lot of time together. There's also a lot of humor thanks to Puyo also writing the Haruhi-chan series.

I love watching shows with alternate universes and time travel so I enjoy works like this.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i dont like punpun

----------------

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've read a fair amount of the Yuki Nagato series and I'm honestly not that huge on it largely because its Kyon isn't very interesting.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i dont like punpun

The manga or the character?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

The manga or the character?

both

----------------

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

i dont like punpun
asano has done better

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i really hope the whole thing where punpun and aiko go confront her mom is iust an elaborate dre or something because this is stupid and i dont want to read anymore

----------------

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Samurai Flamenco episode 18 done.

I can't handle life any more.

What the hell is everything.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Flamenco is a hell of a drug. But now you can finally get back to the actual story.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I shirobako 1, it was really cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

it made me even more afraid of animation than i was before, though

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

i really hope the whole thing where punpun and aiko go confront her mom is iust an elaborate dre or something because this is stupid and i dont want to read anymore

haha

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Next season is weirdly empty after this one had so much. There's more Sidonia and Ore Monogatari that have been set for me. Trigger's also doing that Ninja Slayer thing which looks gloriously 80s, Arslan kinda intrigues me, maybe if I want to bust through A's and Strikers I could go for new Nanoha, and I guess if I do that maybe Pleiades? maybe? Nothing this season carries over either. Hmm.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JoJo is still going next season and if My Love Story! ends up being the only new thing worth watching then that's okay by me.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Watch Gintama already! Also Lupin the III

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

Next season is weirdly empty after this one had so much. There's more Sidonia and Ore Monogatari that have been set for me. Trigger's also doing that Ninja Slayer thing which looks gloriously 80s, Arslan kinda intrigues me, maybe if I want to bust through A's and Strikers I could go for new Nanoha, and I guess if I do that maybe Pleiades? maybe? Nothing this season carries over either. Hmm.

Do NOT watch the new Nanoha.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

aers posted:

Do NOT watch Nanoha.

Lollin at some of the descriptions of next season shows, I think that Sherlock Holmes as a vampire thing has the best worst premise of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
There's a new Nanoha?

e: Found it, why is it bad? I vaguely remember first two shows being decent.

• Locked thread