Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Red posted:

I would agree. Everything I/we have ever read about Vince says he respects those who are ambitious. I can see how, in his worldview, Bryan's demeanor and approach come off as being some type of lazy.

Bryan took a WWE employee survey that revealed he is one of the least ambitious people they have haha

At least in terms of what they consider ambition to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

My favorite part of this is that no one can say "WWE" fast but also accurate. At the end of a JBL Show, they had Paige doing a bumper and she says "Dubber Dubberee" one time and "Dubber Dubbee" the other.

Chris Jericho has somehow always been really, really good at saying WWE really fast in interviews. Next time you see a Jericho interview, listen for his "Dubyewdubyewee". I started noticing it a couple years ago.

Spikeguy posted:

Daniel Bryan is the Gerald Ford of wrestling. Success happens to him.

"A fireball destroyed France today and Daniel Bryan is champion. Now what are the chances of that ever happening?"

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

maxallen posted:

If Vince didn't love Bryan:

Bryan would be buried
Vince wouldn't have rehired Bryan
Bryan would not be main eventing shows, Vince would trying to actively find ways to kill all the heat he has or transfer it to someone else.
At the very least Bryan would not be well protected at all, and he has been incredibly protected the past 2 years.

Vince clearly loves Bryan. He just can't get it around his head how or why the crowd wants some short bearded weirdo with no ambition.

E: Name me one wrestler more protected than Bryan right now in the WWE (no part timers)

I think Vince realizes Bryan is really good in the ring, has the crowd behind him, and can make him money. But that doesn't mean Vince isn't looking at him going, "Come on, start fighting for this poo poo!".

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Maybe Vince argues against himself on Bryan's behalf because his lazy millennial rear end won't do it which is why he's ended up a main eventer

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sticklefifer posted:

Chris Jericho has somehow always been really, really good at saying WWE really fast in interviews. Next time you see a Jericho interview, listen for his "Dubyewdubyewee". I started noticing it a couple years ago.

I would assume Jericho's taken acting classes and stuff, since he had a time there where he wanted to make it as a star outside of wrestling. I bet that helped?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Lloyd Boner posted:

Maybe Vince argues against himself on Bryan's behalf because his lazy millennial rear end won't do it which is why he's ended up a main eventer

Vince really likes the balls on this Vince guy, he won't back down!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

maxallen posted:

E: Name me one wrestler more protected than Bryan right now in the WWE (no part timers)

Bray Wyatt.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Which is astounding given how he was treated after Cena beat him and the Wyatts silly.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DeathChicken posted:

Which is astounding given how he was treated after Cena beat him and the Wyatts silly.

Not to mention being dumped like a chump in the Rumble after a strong showing. Such a weird mixed message.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Red posted:

I think Vince realizes Bryan is really good in the ring, has the crowd behind him, and can make him money. But that doesn't mean Vince isn't looking at him going, "Come on, start fighting for this poo poo!".
We learned Vince's true feelings on Daniel Bryan that time he woke up from his coma in Stephanie's dream sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JsJh3_-6mM&t=108s

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Then again Bryan had that stretch where Michael Cole *would not shut up* about how much he sucked. Then he was fired and they went as far as to tell him to just chill for a bit and they'd hire him right back. I guess he paid his dues.

Or I might be mixing up the timeframe of all that, Heel Cole is a blur of why am I watching this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Not to mention being dumped like a chump in the Rumble after a strong showing. Such a weird mixed message.

I don't get how Mercury and Noble can be such good workers and such terrible agents.

At least have Bray fight valiantly and be overwhelmed by the two giants instead of "BIG SHOW IS SO BIG, HIS FIST IS LIKE A KETTLE, LOOKIT" and then dumping him like a sack of poo poo.

EDIT: Nope, Heel Cole was AFTER he got rehired as a babyface and was feuding with Cole's mancrush, Miz.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I don't get how Mercury and Noble can be such good workers and such terrible agents.

At least have Bray fight valiantly and be overwhelmed by the two giants instead of "BIG SHOW IS SO BIG, HIS FIST IS LIKE A KETTLE, LOOKIT" and then dumping him like a sack of poo poo.

EDIT: Nope, Heel Cole was AFTER he got rehired as a babyface and was feuding with Cole's mancrush, Miz.

either noble or mercury forget which, but whichever one it was is basically responsible for the shield being as protected as they were so i'd say they're pretty fuckin good agents

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Michael Hayes was the agent for the Rumble.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

They had nothing to do with that Rumble, dude.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Gaz-L posted:

It was said that the Rumble was booked by Michael Hayes. Mercury was the agent for all the Shield matches, so it's safe to say he's a good agent.

EDIT: Beaten several times.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Gonzo McFee posted:

Michael Hayes was the agent for the Rumble.

God drat Michael Hayes!!!

I mean the man invented entrance music so I can't hate him TOO much but still

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hey um

Observer posted:

Regarding all the criticism of the Rumble match, Jamie Noble was the producer of the match with Joey Mercury as the assistant. Also involved in putting the match together were Michael Hayes, Pat Patterson and Brian James.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

What in the ACTUAL gently caress

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I've never liked Jamie Noble in anything he's done.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Well never mind.

EugeneJ posted:

I've never liked Jamie Noble in anything he's done.

I liked it when he dropped the ROH title to Daniel Bryan Danielson.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm choosing to believe that since Hayes and Road Dogg were involved it's all their fault.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just blame Vince.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gonna watch Sheamus murdering Jamie Noble again as that one AWESOME guy just loving cackles right near the mic and yells "KILL 'IM AGAIN BIG RED" and about what a bum Noble is.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm choosing to believe that since Hayes and Road Dogg were involved it's all their fault.

I am willing to believe Road Dogg is great at promos.

I am willing to believe Michael Hayes tells guys "just look cool and say 'you see'" a lot".

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

triplexpac posted:

Who was not eliminated like a chump in the Rumble?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Astro7x posted:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Astro7x posted:

Roman reigns, Curtis axel

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Astro7x posted:

Ziggler, Wyatt and Ambrose only got eliminated after being hit by the most destructive finisher in the WWE.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Ziggler, Wyatt and Ambrose only got eliminated after being hit by the most destructive finisher in the WWE.

Worst than it possibly being spiteful to their fans, it's boring television. People watch the Rumble to watch great eliminations. Those were just boring.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The Carcinogenic Fists of the Big Show.

I have more faith in the people involved than to assume that the brief for the Rumble was "outline a good match"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DeathChicken posted:

I feel like Cena booking exists in a vacuum independently of any other WWE booking. If you keep your distance you can look amazing and strong and huge like a supergiant. Anytime you're booked to be an enemy of Cena his gravitational pull slingshots you away from any major opportunities and kills all your momentum, but otherwise you're usually booked pretty strongly and it's possible to recover afterward. If you're booked to be a friend of Cena on the other hand, he just swallows you outright and you die.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Gonna watch Sheamus murdering Jamie Noble again as that one AWESOME guy just loving cackles right near the mic and yells "KILL 'IM AGAIN BIG RED" and about what a bum Noble is.

I believe that was Noble's retirement angle, too. I think that was his last active appearance (besides his return in J&J Security).

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
I feel like the end of the rumble wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't Big Show's Wimpy Nerd Punch that turned everyone into sacks of potatoes.

Maybe, just maybe, if it wasn't literally the worst looking, fakest garbage move in the history of wrestling it would not have been so bad.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Authorman posted:

I feel like the end of the rumble wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't Big Show's Wimpy Nerd Punch that turned everyone into sacks of potatoes.

Does Show even do the chokeslam anymore?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah in fact he just defeated Roman Reigns with it

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I might have this twisted, but wasn't the word that the writers and agents are actively discouraged from interacting? How are you supposed to lay out an entertaining hour-plus match that intertwines and progresses several storylines and kickstarts others when that's the case?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spermgod posted:

I might have this twisted, but wasn't the word that the writers and agents are actively discouraged from interacting? How are you supposed to lay out an entertaining hour-plus match that intertwines and progresses several storylines and kickstarts others when that's the case?

Storylines are storylines, silly. You have dialogue to advance them, not matches! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

maxallen posted:

The Big Show.

• Locked thread