Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Sorry for double post, but now I'm getting an error when I try to start the game that its looking for the Play Online Viewer and Tetra Master.msi installer package...all the troubleshooting tips I'm finding say to put the disc back in the PC....but I'm going off a Steam download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
See, the system is bad enough that I didn't even encounter that error. I had a completely different set of awful installation roadblocks. :shepicide:

Funny thing is, tetra master was discontinued years ago.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Well, validating Steam files let me get through the opening cutscene....and then the game just shut down without an error message or anything as soon as it was over.

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
Ok I'm assuming you've gotten through all the updates. If you have just go ahead and get ahold of Windower and run FFXI through there. I'm wondering if the reason you're having a failure like that is the game is attempting to be fullscreen and is crashing. I know it does that exact same thing on my comp.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tonight I convinced a couple of the goons to give a hand to some pushy Reddit LS members who suddenly dragged us out to the Sih Gates for the Furious Arundmite fight. It actually went okay! I only died once, and I was probably one of the gimpiest people out there!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Reinstalling to my primary hard drive instead of my external fixed my boot problem...but now I cannot find a name that isn't already in use

Edit: okay, so I got a name; which kingdom should I pick to play with the most goons?

jivjov fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 12, 2015

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
Which country you play in won't really matter too much, Goonshell has a decent spread between San D'orian, Bastok, and Windurst. And people from other countries can help with most of those mission excluding the last one for rank 10, then you need people from your country strictly. So pick whichever appeals the most!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got rank 10 in all three, and I don't mind helping out. Just let me know when you get started

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

Zombie Souffle posted:

So pick Bastok!

Agreed.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Pick Windurst if you love rhyming, children, and sexy cat girls.
Pick Sandoria if you want to exp in the nicest looking zone.
Pick Bastok if you like sand and rocks and want to play an ugly game for the first few hours.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Windurst is the nicest looking town although it's also the largest and hard to navigate if you don't know about all the secret warps and poo poo, bastok is not-america and has Cid but also has the ugliest starter zone.

People usually pick Sandy because it's the castle town but what they don't realize is it's filled with rear end in a top hat elves and it has terrible bagpipe music.

I like Windy the most, tarus are pretty funny, it looks the best and the outside areas are pretty all right. Also mage jobs are the most fun jobs in FFXI, melees are usually kinda boring (with some exceptions.) I kinda feel like it's the opposite in FFXIV.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Say what you want about Gustaberg's looks, but I still think it has the best music out of all three of them. :colbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Hivac posted:

Say what you want about Gustaberg's looks, but I still think it has the best music out of all three of them. :colbert:

I actually hate gustaberg's music because one part sound like the star trek theme but a few notes are off and it drives me nuts
:goonsay: :spergin:

Both Ronfaure and Sarutabaruta have pretty baller music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIKLgf2S5I8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsAIyo2Sd0

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

Heck yeah.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bastok is lame and ugly,
Windurst is big and confusing.

San d'Oria for life. :c00lbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Kazy posted:

Bastok is lame and ugly,
Windurst is big and confusing.

San d'Oria for life. :c00lbert:

san d'oria is filled with french people

FOR THE HORDE

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010

I see you, changing what I said. I'm an rear end in a top hat elf so of course I suggest San D'oria. The bagpipe music is fuckin' awful, I will agree to that. San D'oria [S]'s theme makes up for it. Bastok is ugly and Cid has about 30 extra teeth he doesn't need.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I went with San D'oria. I actually like the bagpipes....for the first loop or three.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Zombie Souffle posted:

I see you, changing what I said. I'm an rear end in a top hat elf so of course I suggest San D'oria. The bagpipe music is fuckin' awful, I will agree to that. San D'oria [S]'s theme makes up for it. Bastok is ugly and Cid has about 30 extra teeth he doesn't need.

Cid's constant rape face is part of his charm. It's almost like Square outsourced his character design to Bethesda.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can someone give me the rundown on Walk of Echoes? If there are devious dice and liminal residue to be had, it seems like runs of it could be decent money.

Is it soloable? Better for duos? I can't really find any good guides for it, btut I guess I don't really have a nose for that stuff anyway.

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
Walk of Echoes is soloable, but you'd be better off asking Brobert in shell about it than me. Salvage is absolutely soloable as is Dynamis provided you've gotten DNC to 50.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
So is Clipper/Cupper not getting updated anymore? Read on BG that it has been pulled, or something.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

G Prestige posted:

So is Clipper/Cupper not getting updated anymore? Read on BG that it has been pulled, or something.

atom0s posted:

This project is no longer free or public. I'm done dealing with the stupid drama with this game.

I don't know the story beyond that.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Zero The Hero posted:

Well a lot of people got banned for infinitely respawning the final boss in salvage for Alex. They were probably stupid and blamed it on the clipper creator and not themselves. Either way, I have no idea but what else could it be?

Then again, I'm sure I just need the memlocs and from there I'd be able to update it myself. No idea how to do that, though.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

G Prestige posted:

Well a lot of people got banned for infinitely respawning the final boss in salvage for Alex. They were probably stupid and blamed it on the clipper creator and not themselves. Either way, I have no idea but what else could it be?

Then again, I'm sure I just need the memlocs and from there I'd be able to update it myself. No idea how to do that, though.

It's been taken down off github, so you'll have to find someone else with an up to date copy of the source.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Zero The Hero posted:

Well that's lame.

Was considering farting around on a random account I've had laying around forever, but FFXI is unplayable at not 300%. Think I'll pass.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Well that's lame.

Was considering farting around on a random account I've had laying around forever, but FFXI is unplayable at not 300%. Think I'll pass.

It does suck, I hope someone makes another runspeed program.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Gruknor posted:

It does suck, I hope someone makes another runspeed program.

Were Cupper and Clipper made by the same guy?

Powerthirst
Jun 4, 2009
I have the updated version that works if people want it.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
For people who want to go fast:
projecttako.com/index.php

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

RazeChildren posted:

You are awesome. Map view looks amazing.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Which features are generally safe if youre not being a complete fucktard about using them?

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
I've only used movement speed. I can't attest to anything else.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Which features are generally safe if youre not being a complete fucktard about using them?

Its a pretty big wildcard right now, SE has been all sorts of banhappy lately because of cp botting, salvage pos hacking which they still havent completely fixed, and the like. I hear reborn folded because most members were perma'd for cp botting, which to me is awesome because gently caress elysien.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't even understand how you could CP bot. Too many things need to be addressed in a battle to auto-auto-attack?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I don't even understand how you could CP bot. Too many things need to be addressed in a battle to auto-auto-attack?

Unironically, trusts have made solo botting easy as hell. Its how i got most of my cp. The programs ive seen all do multilayered if/then statements like "if tp > 1000 and mob hp > 40%, input /ws spiral hell <t>.

My bot was setup to resummon trusts and avatar, keep dark arts up as well as favor, top off my mp with that empy staff ws, bp if mob is over 50% and spam tier 1 in between staff swings.

With korumoru healing me, and ulmia and the moogle refreshing, i could go indefinately at outer rak.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

RazeChildren posted:

Wow. This has legit pos hacking. This will be great for my private server, but it seems like a way to get instantly banned on retail.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Are you still botting up exps frod?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Are you still botting up exps frod?

Not really, its faster to join a cp group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Are there any tools that make popping lottery NMs any less miserable? I feel like that's the one thing they haven't updated to a more manageable system.