Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I avoid sharpening problems by being a gunner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Sharpening is just reloading your sword with more pain units.

Edit: Gamestop has created a label for, but not yet shipped, my special edition N3DS.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Amazon is shipping now, now to make camp in front of my house to tackle down the UPS guy.

i am sitting angrily at work, having completed all my projects for the day but unable to leave in order to fulfill my lust for video game violence

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

monster hunter brings out the inner autist in all of us, so i think yo ushould all be more accepting of long effortposts about LR armour sets.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Just to clarify, this is launching at 12 EST midnight correct?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
When I posted that LR S+1 video I was more using it as evidence for there being less reliance on charms for good armour sets :shobon:

Also gently caress. Still 22 hours here according to EB loving games.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Yeah my local store is sticking hard to release date this time around. I think they got stung for releasing pokemon x/y a day early last year or however the hell long ago it was.

Doesn't bug me too much though, since i'm at work and have stuff to do tonight anyway.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Nechronic posted:

Rolling into crouch fire with a heavy bow gun feels so good.
That works? That's a thing?
My HBG only run just got so much better. Crouch fire is the best.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

well i watched a bow video on youtube and man i was totally missing out on so many elements of the bow

the power shot, critical distance, everything ever

it's actually pretty cool now. I'm kinda crappy with it but I got tetsucabra down without any problems. I don't really want to fight gore magala any more than I have to, because a kushala daora that turns into tigrex when its mad is not my idea of a good and fun time.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

megalodong posted:

monster hunter brings out the inner autist in all of us, so i think yo ushould all be more accepting of long effortposts about LR armour sets.

You're right and I apologize

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

rhoga posted:

That works? That's a thing?
My HBG only run just got so much better. Crouch fire is the best.

I just want to say that I love your avatar :3:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tracula posted:

So what's the framerate comparison between a 3DS XL and the New 3DS?

how do people find that out? Do they hook up a capture device or is there some weirdo counting frames?

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
I ordered a download code from GAME UK. What're the odds I get that at midnight?

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Teddles posted:

I ordered a download code from GAME UK. What're the odds I get that at midnight?

:hfive: i did the same thing and had the code delivered to my email within a minute or so.

Unfortunately it can't be activated yet, the eShop tells me that that product is not ready to be activated. Hopefully it all works at midnight so it can download while I sleep.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Tracula posted:

I just want to say that I love [rhoga's] avatar :3:

Ditto. It's really well animated, whoever did it.

That reminds me: I'll finally get to kill Kut-Ku! A certain someone who introduced me to MonHun has been saying Kut-Ku is his favorite, and now I'll finally be able to smush it real good with a big axe or hammer or whatever I happen to be enjoying most at the time.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

it's actually pretty cool now. I'm kinda crappy with it but I got tetsucabra down without any problems. I don't really want to fight gore magala any more than I have to, because a kushala daora that turns into tigrex when its mad is not my idea of a good and fun time.

You will learn to love Gore Magala. He is one of the easier monsters in MH4. :getin:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

liquidypoo posted:

Ditto. It's really well animated, whoever did it.

That reminds me: I'll finally get to kill Kut-Ku! A certain someone who introduced me to MonHun has been saying Kut-Ku is his favorite, and now I'll finally be able to smush it real good with a big axe or hammer or whatever I happen to be enjoying most at the time.

I don't know if he's my favorite fight, but Kut-Ku is certainly in the top 10. Between his hilarious rage mode, and the way he reminds me of a giant chicken (I call him the Colonel). I missed him pretty bad in tri/3u, and am excited to kill him another 20 or 30 times.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

My avatar came from a Capcom blog post. The artist's site is here. He's got a few extras and the full size there. Kut Ku is just too goofy to take seriously, I'm glad he's back.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

cytoc posted:

:hfive: i did the same thing and had the code delivered to my email within a minute or so.

Unfortunately it can't be activated yet, the eShop tells me that that product is not ready to be activated. Hopefully it all works at midnight so it can download while I sleep.

My activation code is COMINGSOON, I haven't heard anything since I ordered last week :(

EDIT: Got it by making their system resend the email :cool:

Morton Salt Grrl fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 12, 2015

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:
Everyone knows the one true low rank armor set.

Leather.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Teddles posted:

My activation code is COMINGSOON, I haven't heard anything since I ordered last week :(

Oh that sucks, I put my order in at 8pm and had the code arrive before he confirmation email. It's the first time I've bought anything from them, hopefully yours will be accessible from their website if not via email at midnight.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Downloading from EU eShop right now!

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
Finally got a tracking number for my N3DS order from Gamestop, so if you've been worrying about that go check your account!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

punakone posted:

Downloading from EU eShop right now!

Wait, whaaaaaaaat

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

It is 20 minutes past midnight now here in Finland.

DuckPuncher
Jun 2, 2011

A writer must sleep
And a ghost must haunt
I wanted to mess around with bow in multiplayer so I did Gore Magala in the demo, and right after he started limping, all the other players started leaving the game one by one, leaving me alone. Ate all my buffs when the last person left, said a little prayer, then finished him off in one hit. :suicide: I really hope people in the full game don't leave so quick. I think I've only ever beaten Gore Magala once with all the players present, every other time I've had people leave right at the beginning or right at the end.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
What time is this up for download on the eShop for EST?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If they all left you probably had a connection problem, and you left them. The game never kicks you out of a hunt.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punakone posted:

It is 20 minutes past midnight now here in Finland.

EU gets something early for once instead of 6 months late or never. I can live with it

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

empathe posted:

What time is this up for download on the eShop for EST?
Should be midnight.

DuckPuncher
Jun 2, 2011

A writer must sleep
And a ghost must haunt

chaos rhames posted:

If they all left you probably had a connection problem, and you left them. The game never kicks you out of a hunt.

Would that be the case if everyone was leaving a good minute after the other? That's how it's been- one person leaves, then everyone else just slowly trickles away.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Depending on how shithouse your internet is it's entirely possible yeah.

Make sure you're properly connected

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Elysiume posted:

Should be midnight.

And there's no way to pre-purchase/pre-load now?

Thanks!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Huh, I'll be damned. It's out in Finland. Nifty, though it's $7 more than physical.

Edit: Hrmm, though it saves me having to wake up and fight through a shopping mall at 09:00 tomorrow. Is this just the normal EU version that's multi-language English/German/French/etc?

Mailer fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 13, 2015

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm off to my local Game for it's midnight opening... apparently they had two N3DS + MH bundles, and a staff member preordered the other one.

and unlike my MH3 special edition, this one isn't just plain black.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

soon

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm at the airport and would like to play this game

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TphEh0Qgv0

Have those hunters even seen a Kut-Ku?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU