Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Which probably won't last as long as the talks did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
theyve already had a handful of ceasefires, and a fat lot of good those did

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It'll last until they sleep off the drink

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Genocide Tendency posted:

I'm loving disappointed in y'all.

We finally will have 24/7 coverage of bombing runs on rag heads Muslim extremists to jerk off to.

This is a great thing. Its not like we are going to storm Baghdad again........

gently caress.. We are going to wind up storming Baghdad again aren't we? Because we never learn...

:smith:

No don't worry, it seems that the Iraqi state will be able to hold on to Bagdad.

What you will be doing is storming and occupying Mosul and Fallujah again.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Which probably won't last as long as the talks did

We had to let Merkel give peace a chance, but I don't think that Putin will stop until he has another puppet government in Ukraine.

Can you imagine the outrage if the US lopped Sonora, Chihuahua, and Baja California off of Mexico and then invaded the rest? You'd be able to hear the screaming on the Moon.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Some of the guys at work are saying Ukraine "won the war". They can't be right, can they?

Didn't half the Ukrainian Army desert, with 5000 more in a pocket?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Why is it inevitable?

If you're arguing that Americans are generally loving stupid and overestimate the usefulness of the world's most powerful military within the context of middle east clusterfucks, I agree. Look at this stupid rear end in a top hat, for example:

Go sit in the corner.

He's not wrong. We are doing this, let's do it right. If you want to know why we are doing this it's easy to find opinions, though none matter. Particularly ours. My pet opinion is simply put: These blacks and Mexicans and what we consider this countries "left" don't vote in mid-term elections. People like me do, and we elect a GOP congress in times like these generally. I may not have personally voted them all in, but you can only blame the idiots who voted and the idiots who didn't vote, for why we will always inevitably go full retard, and that's everyone.

We all bear that cross, because not a one of us knows truly why things are this way, and absolutely none of us effectuate change in this tiny rear end forum- least of all the worlds wealthiest and third most populous loving nation of rich idiots, poor idiots, prisoners, illegal immigrants and asylum seekers. And yes that's Americas population ingredient list in order of proportion.

Guy wants to see us do the job right, you wanna know why we do the job at all, and I know you read Shakespeare so you know the bit about reasoning why..

So don't be deliberately obtuse. Just admit you are like the rest of us and have no goddamn idea why things are this way or how they got this way. It's at least intellectually honest.

He's daft, but just because your the chimp that figured out how to work the cameras doesn't mean you run the zoo, it just makes you a monkey with a camera, and an opinion. Your the one holding both so you know which one is more valuable than the other when your holding them both.

Not that your wrong, but being right never won a fight. See: Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, etc.

windshipper posted:

One thing I do want to make quite clear, though, is that no - I do not think that we should burn the entire place down and kill everyone.

I'm not that loving stupid.

One thing I do believe though is that using our tactics that we have used in the past will not work. What should we do specifically? I don't know offhand. But I do also think think that our previous tactics will end up being, ultimately, ineffective because we are retards.

I don't actually, seriously, think that we should bring in the loving South Africans or Executive Solutions or Outcomes or whatever the gently caress. I can't believe I have to say that in this of all places.

Well disregard my above post entirely, Vic. This slack jawed human being isn't on board with the quickening, or the day of the mushroom clouds, obviously. :rolleyes:

ISIL are just the PTSD and TBI addled retard survivors of The Surge who used to go by AQIZ before we 86'd AMZ.. Now back with a MacBook and some go pro's. By not truly and completely killing that entire weed, down to its roots, we let the thing come back bigger and worse than ever. Worse than kudzu, and less useful. At least kudzu makes atmospheric O2. Muds just.. Well you've seen what they leave all over the place. It its not literal pieces of them with residue of RDX to boot its their terrible body odor and female circumcision practices.

They are all actual "human" pieces of poo poo (My apologies to actual poo poo for dragging its good name through the mud(s)) that are in desperate need of disposal.

JFC just go grab a prayer mat and submit already, Vic.

:colbert:

:350::lol::350:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 12, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently all new construction the university system have to have unisex bathrooms, the building most of my classes are in is being totally remodeled after this semester.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently all new construction the university system have to have unisex bathrooms, the building most of my classes are in is being totally remodeled after this semester.

but see gender is just an identity and has nothing to do with what is between your legs. bathrooms should reflect this

what i am saying is they should remodel them and replace them with trenches that you poo poo in

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

what i am saying is they should remodel them and replace them with trenches that you poo poo in

I'd be OK with this as long as everyone digs their own trench.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm down with the elimination of urinals.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Let's just start marking our territory at work.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone in gbs posted a blog post of some dude talking about how great pussy was as a gay man and he's totally not straight for purposely seeking out ftm trans people to pound that slizz

basically what im saying is, i hate everything about The Gender Wars

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

basically what im saying is, i hate everything about The Gender Wars

I never got to play that game, it wouldn't run on my Pentium.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Now I feel awkward enough when I have indigestion and blow up a toilet. If I do that and there are girls in there too, that would be awkward, I suppose that makes me some kind of bigot. I don't care if trannys hear me shoot buckshot into a muddy puddle because they're not really girls.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm down with the elimination of urinals.

first they came for the gendered bathrooms and i said nothing
then they came for the urinals and i said nothing

now i piss in the sink :getin:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

first they came for the gendered bathrooms and i said nothing
then they came for the urinals and i said nothing

now i piss in the sink :getin:

Back in the day I worked as a security guard at a hospital. One of the janitors was an out and proud Nazi who regularly ran for governor on the White Workingman's Party ticket. Whenever I was assigned to his area late-night, I shat in his sinks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeroisanumber posted:

Back in the day I worked as a security guard at a hospital. One of the janitors was an out and proud Nazi who regularly ran for governor on the White Workingman's Party ticket. Whenever I was assigned to his area late-night, I shat in his sinks.

I never thought I'd hear a legit sink making GBS threads reason....ever...but I just did. Thank you for your service. :911:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I LIKE IT.

I personally don't find anything unmasculine about sitting down to pee. Sometimes it's just nice to take a load off for a few minutes.

So 5 years ago I joined the Goon group on Goodreads, got bored and did a bit of trolling. One of the things I did was add a bunch of cookbooks for ribs to a list of books for vegan teens. I forgot about this until an hour ago when I got an email that someone had commented. Somebody is demanding that I remove these books from the list. I'm going to play dumb and see what happens.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I had to take enough shits with creepy Afghans milling around immediately outside that public restrooms really don't phase me anymore.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

ISIL are just the PTSD and TBI addled retard survivors of The Surge who used to go by AQIZ before we 86'd AMZ.. Now back with a MacBook and some go pro's. By not truly and completely killing that entire weed, down to its roots, we let the thing come back bigger and worse than ever.

Should've just stuck to "NUKE THE MUDS LOL!!!!!".

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Islamic State militants attack Iraqi town near US base

I'm not really sure if I should giggle, but part of me really hopes for some videos of ISIS getting wasted near Al Asad, it'd be the most exciting thing to happen there for awhile.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I think we could just shut down NTC and Ft. Irwin if that were the case. Hold a large-scale training op every two years called Objective Baghdad instead.

An oldie but a goodie from Duffelblog: Exercise ENDURING FREEDOM.

Some choice quotes:

quote:

“This is my third time doing Enduring Freedom,” said Sergeant Vince Wegner, “and I’m still unclear what my objective is. Am I supposed to be building mosques and wells, fighting the enemy, removing corrupt officials, or building those same corrupt officials up?”

Col. Page responded, “There is no particular objective associated with Enduring Freedom. We originally tried developing this elaborate backstory involving a massive terrorist attack on the United States, but too many commanders were questioning how that tied in with passing out money to illiterate farmers.”

quote:

“No,” he continued, “Washington is clearly trying to send a message to Beijing, and that message is: if you so much as twitch at Japan, we will invade your country, topple your government, recreate it using most of the same people, then mull around for a decade while passing out kickbacks until we run out of money and forget why we’re even there.”

quote:

“In a way we’re a victim of our own success because now everyone wants to show off their new hardware in Enduring Freedom. Over the years we’ve had to find missions for tank battalions, bomber squadrons, legions of support personnel, things we never would have thought of in 2001 when it was just a dozen guys on horses.”

“Last year we got so desperate we started throwing in random scenarios where host nation forces would open fire on friendly forces for no reason,” Page said.

My favorite:

quote:

Joint Base Afghanistan is a 650,000 km2 live-fire range in Central Asia and the largest of its kind in the world. Originally built by the Russians in 1979 over an abandoned British hunting preserve, it was briefly leased by the Pakistani military until acquired by the United States and NATO in 2001 for the sole purpose of combat training.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm not really sure if I should giggle, but part of me really hopes for some videos of ISIS getting wasted near Al Asad, it'd be the most exciting thing to happen there for awhile.

There were rumors of an engagement between base defense type US forces there and some ISIS dudes but I think the only thing that's been confirmed is that they've been taking regular (ineffectual so far) IDF.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Part of me hopes they set their sights on Asad since apparently some US personnel are there still, and no doubt they would not spare any ordinance in getting those guys out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/12/chelsea-manning-hormone-therapy/23311813/

quote:

In a first for the Army, Chelsea Manning, the convicted national-security secrets leaker, has been approved for hormone therapy for transition to a woman at the Army's Fort Leavenworth prison, according to a memo obtained Thursday by USA TODAY.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Our tax dollars at work.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Trial it for transitional treason heh heh heh

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Why in the ever loving gently caress does it still keep getting brought up in the news.

Can't we just lock it away and forget about it?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Reminds me of Fight Club.*

* "... we gotta get his balls."

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 13, 2015

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There's only one solution...

I don't even have to say it; you already know.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

ded posted:

Our tax dollars at work.

Oddly not the dumbest thing we're spending money on

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Ceasefire agreement reached in the Ukraine after 17 hours of talks.

Was the agreement with Russia or with the "rebels"? Because you can bet that, whichever one agreed, the other one will ignore or defy the agreement immediately. They've been playing this game for a year now, don't know why Ukraine and the EU even keep trying.

Edit: btw, great news source for this, if you haven't seen it before: http://liveuamap.com/

new friend from school fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 13, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

go3 posted:

Oddly not the dumbest thing we're spending money on

I'd rather we spend money on a million stupid things like the F-35 than to give some retard 'gender therapy' while he sits in prison the rest of his life.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ded posted:

I'd rather we spend money on a million stupid things like the F-35 than to give some retard 'gender therapy' while he sits in prison the rest of his life.

I'd rather pay for a million prisoners to get hormones, tits, and neopussies installed than fund the development of the F-35 for even an instant longer. Everyone involved in that project should be fired into the Sun along with the tooling molds, schematics, and all of their lovely prototypes.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

ded posted:

Counter-argument: He leaked classified information, and now we're taking his balls off.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Accretionist posted:

Counter-argument: He leaked classified information, and now we're taking his balls off.
I like the way you think.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Accretionist posted:

Who's saying that is punishment, cis scum??

Zhe's finally free.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Whelp, when you fly boys are at Hill AFB. Be glad to know they are opening gender neutral bathrooms in utah now. Starting in park city Ksl news alert

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

priznat posted:

Who's saying that is punishment, cis scum??

Zhe's finally free.

To me it's like getting a motto tattoo in DEP. Getting a sex change in prison might seem like a good idea at the time, but you may regret it when you're out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Accretionist posted:

I had not thought of it that way. I am now ok with this.

• Locked thread