Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

I'd say no to Bray Wyatt - he beat Bryan clean last year, but that's Bryan's one clean loss since the end of Team Hell No. Even Cena's had 2 (one to Bryan) - 3 if you count the triple threat at the rumble. Wyatt had that drat program last year too with Cena, and he didn't exactly come out of the Ambrose feud actually looking like a winner.

Big show lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wyatt's kind of a special case anyway since he's being temporarily protected for a possible match with Taker.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alain Post posted:

Wyatt's kind of a special case anyway since he's being temporarily protected for a possible match with Taker.

Bryan's apparently being pushed to the main event vs Lesnar. Three way or not, he should be just as protected.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They really need to get past this Fastlane garbage because it's mucking poo poo up badly. You can't even really tell who's being pushed since Reigns, Cena, and Bryan were all made to look like poo poo on Monday.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Bryan's apparently being pushed to the main event vs Lesnar. Three way or not, he should be just as protected.

Nah, Roman Reigns is gonna beat him clean in the middle of the ring (probably make him tap somehow) and the only sound louder than the audience booing will be Vince's laughter.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cheapest ticket is $81. Most expensive is $545. That's why they're there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hey guys

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What is this, rehearsal or a house show or what? I was unclear on those details.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
A house show at 81 bucks? What the gently caress? Is this a Middle East house show? That is piss poor attendance, too. Even for the pre-show match at a house show.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Does Show even do the chokeslam anymore?

Big Show actually busted out the Final Cut a few weeks ago. Remember that finisher?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

dialhforhero posted:

A house show at 81 bucks? What the gently caress? Is this a Middle East house show? That is piss poor attendance, too. Even for the pre-show match at a house show.
I think so, actually, I remember seeing they were doing them in Abu Dhabi of all places. I wonder why.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nessus posted:

I think so, actually, I remember seeing they were doing them in Abu Dhabi of all places. I wonder why.

#MillionsOfDollars

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dialhforhero posted:

The prices are about right for overseas shows, the cheapest ticket to one of the Australian shows is usually 50-60 dollars, with the most expensive ones being over 400. I think last time I checked they had a meet'n'greet package that was nearly a thousand.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

dialhforhero posted:

Middling seats at a UK house show last year were £55, which at the time was about $90, and featured a loving Kane v Big Show cage match because of an injury to someone or other (possibly Daniel Bryan?). I expect charging jacked-up prices to their overseas "Just happy to be here" markets is helping to plug some of the gaps left by the Network/domestic shows.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Everblight posted:

Big Show actually busted out the Final Cut a few weeks ago. Remember that finisher?

I wish Goldust would finally get to do the Shattered Dreams he always sets up.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Psybro posted:

Middling seats at a UK house show last year were £55, which at the time was about $90, and featured a loving Kane v Big Show cage match because of an injury to someone or other (possibly Daniel Bryan?). I expect charging jacked-up prices to their overseas "Just happy to be here" markets is helping to plug some of the gaps left by the Network/domestic shows.

Yeah, in the U.S./Canada it's the "best value in entertainment" because they're around minor markets (Seattle, Detroit, etc.) 1-2 times a year, and major markets (California, New York, etc.) something like 3-4 times a year, at a total guess. When you're hitting up Abu Dhabi once every year or two for maybe a week tops, you're going to charge a heck of a lot more for the tickets since it's a rarer show and it's a heck of a lot more expensive to move everything literally across the entire globe to put it on, even if you can't sell out the show at those prices. If you charged much less it wouldn't even be worth the time to do it, other than to stroke Vince's ego (and the general WWE's ego) as an international sensation.

I expect ticket prices to rise in general in the near future though, stadiums/arenas remain in fairly high demand if they're run with even a smidgen of competence, as a lot of people want to use that fine 16,000+ seat building you threw together, and they do still need to make up ground due to the Network in ways beyond cutting jobs and talent paychecks. As much as it pains me to say it, I shouldn't be able to get even crappy seats to a RAW for around $40 and mid-high grade seats for $100-ish. At the very least, they should be marking up prices around Wrestlemania season when people actually care about wrestling and when they're traditionally putting on a good show.

Anyway, I'm not basing this on anything more than a feeling, but something tells me ticket prices everywhere will be up in the near future, possibly as soon as after WM 31.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Gaz-L posted:

I don't get how Mercury and Noble can be such good workers and such terrible agents.

The problem I see with criticising the writers or bookers or agents is that there is basically no way of knowing how much is their own work and how much is Vince interference. There is also the possibility that with Vince looming over every decision, people in creative work towards what they think Vince wants even when his direct interference is minimal. Lets' call it the "working towards the McMahon" thesis.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Luigi Thirty posted:

I wish Goldust would finally get to do the Shattered Dreams he always sets up.

This a million times.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Dusty's going to be on Raw

Yesssssssssssssss

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
If we're talking about being bad at saying WWE, let's just look at the logo

Obviously did this in 2 seconds but wouldn't something like this at least have made sense?

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 13, 2015

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ayn rand hand job posted:

Dusty's going to be on Raw

Yesssssssssssssss

Dusty's forehead in 1080p HD is always a horrifying sight to behold.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

So my Brother was in Hong Kong for 3 weeks and just got home. Got a message asking if I wanted to re watch the rumble because he hasn't seen it yet and PLEASE NO SPOILERS.

I don't know if his poor addled mind will take it...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Obviously did this in 2 seconds but wouldn't something like this at least have made sense?

Your logo is bad and you should feel bad

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

AngryCaterpillar posted:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Haha it looks awful.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

makes total sense

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nessus posted:

I believe these are sold shows so it doesn't even really matter how many people show up.

maxallen posted:

I'd say no to Bray Wyatt - he beat Bryan clean last year, but that's Bryan's one clean loss since the end of Team Hell No. Even Cena's had 2 (one to Bryan) - 3 if you count the triple threat at the rumble. Wyatt had that drat program last year too with Cena, and he didn't exactly come out of the Ambrose feud actually looking like a winner.

Big show lol.

maxallen posted:

Big show lol.

Bray just beat him last month. Bray also got a huge run in the Rumble while Bryan was dumped with no fanfare, I wonder by who.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
it is ironic that the logo for the premier company in sports-entertainment doesn't incorporate the entertainment part imo

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Astro7x posted:

Your logo is bad and you should feel bad

The concept of incorporating the E, while represented by a no effort misshapen thing, is better than a logo saying WW for a company called WWE.

are you really legitimising silly bullshit

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
A logo can be anything. It could be a tiger if Vince wants. It could even be a lovely drawing

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

schweens posted:

A logo can be anything. It could be a tiger if Vince wants. It could even be a lovely drawing

cams
Mar 28, 2003

schweens posted:

(watch njpw)

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

(watch njpw)

I love this logo but I always think the lion kind of looks like he has a wonky eye.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

schweens posted:

Now we know why they keep Big Show strong!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

AngryCaterpillar posted:

are you really legitimising silly bullshit

At least I'm not drawing it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shine posted:

At least I'm not drawing it.

Nor do you (now) have it as your avatar :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Gaz-L posted:

Storylines are storylines, silly. You have dialogue to advance them, not matches! :v:

Also, while you're at it, make sure 99% of the roster never see a live microphone!

• Locked thread