Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Kill all Nidalees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

theshim posted:

Kill all Nidalees.

Naw. If they do their job we'll never see Rengar in the west again.

Die Forgiven's KDA.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 12, 2015

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I have a Team 8-esque feeling CW has a few big upsets in them for this split, but man it's just not going to happen this game. No matter how hard I try telling myself it might. They're playing well though.

50% reduction to Forgiven's KDA :cry:

theshim
May 1, 2012

RIP Forgiven again!

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

BY FAR

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Holy poo poo SK is Real Good™

EU is sooo much better this year, way better than NA even

theshim
May 1, 2012

Well, you tried, CW, you tried.

e: that brush hit reminded me of the ranked game I played last night

the enemy leblanc went 21/2 :(

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

TheModernAmerican posted:

This might arguably be true for the top two teams or so, but the bottom teams in EU are complete dumpster fires, while the NA teams occasionally look like they're achieving something.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Goddamnit, what the hell happened in that bot teamfight?

Sigh. Another boring SK stomp from this point on, and I had such high hopes for this game after that beginning. Oh well, guess that's enough pro-league for today, I'm tuning out.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
"Nah we were just testing ya"

theshim
May 1, 2012

GLITTERLANCE DOUBLE KILL :pcgaming:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheModernAmerican posted:

Did you, uh, watch the other games today? I mean, sure, SK and Fnatic are probably better at this point and time than TSM and CLG, but the bad teams of EU some next level poo poo compared to the bad teams of NA.

The worst part is that the bottom of the bad teams of EU is Gambit. :smithicide:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
CW put absolutely all their eggs into camping bot lane and for it they got 1 death on Forgiven. Even a god can bleed.

The counter-point was that SK's solo laners abused their counter-parts to such a degree that the game is over even if Forgiven AFKs.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
In CW's defense they actually did a lot of decent things, their team fights aren't bad. They just lost early/mid game so loving hard it couldn't really matter.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Those post-victory group hugs on SK's side are really intense, you can feel their pleasure to play and joy to win. :geno:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Libertine posted:

CW put absolutely all their eggs into camping bot lane and for it they got 1 death on Forgiven. Even a god can bleed.

The counter-point was that SK's solo laners abused their counter-parts to such a degree that the game is over even if Forgiven AFKs.

Not even an exaggeration. Fox and Fredy were literally bullying 2v5 at one point. The Triple F is loving Strong you guys. I can't wait for the TSM/SK showdown at the midseason invitational.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Zanael posted:

Those post-victory group hugs on SK's side are really intense, you can feel their pleasure to play and joy to win. :geno:

Winning just ain't the same when you can't call your pathetic opponents racial slurs you know ?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zanael posted:

nRated let Forgiven die. They don't deserve to celebrate.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Kaceytron posted:

EU LCS IS A JOKE AND BAD

NA LCS is only slightly less bad tho

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

Xenogenesis posted:

NA LCS is only slightly less bad tho

This Gambit won a bo5 against CLG not long ago. Think about that for a second.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Jessie Tanner posted:

This Gambit won a bo5 against CLG not long ago. Think about that for a second.

Wasn't CLG missing two people and Scarra though? It ain't exactly a fair comparison to make. That's like saying San Jose TSM is obviously just as good as the TSM that rolled Team Impulse last week.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Aren't they still missing scarra or is he back in now?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
C9 is the team that came out of the two IEM tournaments looking the best and we see how well that carried over into the LCS season, so maybe we shouldn't be trying to glean too much about which region is best from a preseason exhibition.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Crazy Larry posted:

C9 is the team that came out of the two IEM tournaments looking the best and we see how well that carried over into the LCS season, so maybe we shouldn't be trying to glean too much about which region is best from a preseason exhibition.

EU is awful and I think it's better than NA.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

EU is awful and I think it's better than NA.

That's nice, I guess. I'm just saying that if we're applying the transitive properities to the results from IEM C9 is simultaneously worse then any team in EU and better then the third place team.

Seriously though, SK is obviously looking like the best of the west, but I'm still not 100% sold on Fanatic and I could see NA having at least three teams better then them (assuming C9 has gotten back on track.) Even if the top of EU is better though, the bottom half is still just abysmal looking, while everyone in NA at least looks like a professional team (well, except maybe Dig, depending on how they do from here on out.)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Crazy Larry posted:

That's nice, I guess. I'm just saying that if we're applying the transitive properities to the results from IEM C9 is simultaneously worse then any team in EU and better then the third place team.

Seriously though, SK is obviously looking like the best of the west, but I'm still not 100% sold on Fanatic and I could see NA having at least three teams better then them (assuming C9 has gotten back on track.) Even if the top of EU is better though, the bottom half is still just abysmal looking, while everyone in NA at least looks like a professional team (well, except maybe Dig, depending on how they do from here on out.)

I agree with you that CLG losing to Gambit doesn't really mean anything, and I could see C9 being the best Western team by worlds 2015, but right now NA looks awful and the best teams in EU are, I think, a little bit better.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Sexpansion posted:

I agree with you that CLG losing to Gambit doesn't really mean anything, and I could see C9 being the best Western team by worlds 2015, but right now NA looks awful and the best teams in EU are, I think, a little bit better.

Elements is garbage and Fnatic/UOL are very new teams. They look great in their region, but it's hard to know how much that means when their competition is MYM. If you placed all three in the NA LCS I am pretty sure TSM and C9 would place above them, and possibly even CLG. The idea that either one of them would outplay TSM right now is pretty laughable, and I love watching TSM fail as much as I like UOL. The rest of the EU teams outside of their top three look like the bottom of NA challenger. TSM/C9/CLG have to, at the very least, face a variety of talented/veteran players, even if they have not yet gotten to be that cohesive or good. SK does look great though.

Jayisspecial fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 13, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Yyyyyyeah, SK looks unquestionably legit, but the question of how legit they are is in serious doubt. Minus that horrendous gaffe against Team 8, TSM has put up equally all-star performances, including that complete obliteration of Impulse, a team that would probably clean house in Europe at this point. CLG has looked monstrous as well, and might even be better than TSM depending on how the all-star clash goes in a couple days. NA has a much better talent pool, and possibly a higher ceiling as well. We'll see come the Invitational.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Transient People posted:

Yyyyyyeah, SK looks unquestionably legit, but the question of how legit they are is in serious doubt.

I'm really struggling to figure out what these words are supposed to mean in this combination. :psyduck: Rivington, is that you?

And lol I don't think Impulse would clean house in Europe.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Why do you guys watch all these games if you hate them so much?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

CODChimera posted:

I used to ask myself this question about posting when I first started watching LoL. I could watch any game and as long as it was close the game was entertaining, meanwhile every poster would be making GBS threads on it. I've kind of lost this ability, but at the same time I think the teams at the bottom of the EU pool are particularly bad this split and the teams in the NA are both new and hindered by language barriers. I think the previous splits both had better and more entertaining games at the start. The end of the split could look very different.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Previous Jesus posted:

I'm really struggling to figure out what these words are supposed to mean in this combination. :psyduck: Rivington, is that you?

It means it's hard to say whether SK is as amazing as they've looked or if they're looking better then they really are because their competition is a Fnatic team everyone wrote off because they replaced 4 out of 5 members, an Elements squad that has known serious flaws, a team that only just played their way into the LCS and 6 teams that look like they'd only have 50/50 odds of beating any random team of five challenger players.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jayisspecial posted:

I used to ask myself this question about posting when I first started watching LoL. I could watch any game and as long as it was close the game was entertaining, meanwhile every poster would be making GBS threads on it. I've kind of lost this ability, but at the same time I think the teams at the bottom of the EU pool are particularly bad this split and the teams in the NA are both new and hindered by language barriers. I think the previous splits both had better and more entertaining games at the start. The end of the split could look very different.

Yeah, I mean there are definitely some terrible games but watching the vod of Giants vs Gambit and skipping through most of it makes it a lot less painful.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Previous Jesus posted:

And lol I don't think Impulse would clean house in Europe.

Translated: SK looks good. But is that 'good', 'pretty good', 'very good', or 'impossible to challenge outside Korea'? That's what we don't know. They won't lose to a trashcan team ever (styling on CW by giving up every possible contested pick showed this), but they can lose to another competent team, I think.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I watch all the EU games because I work from home, so its really easy to just turn it on. Its not like I have to pay attention to the really bad ones, just listen to Deficio & Pira get continually more confused as to the happenings.

For both EU & NA by the half way point I know what teams I'm interested in for whatever reason (ie they're good, make cool picks, interesting player) and I ignore the rest.

Like how many people actually watch every CW match when they werent matched up against like ROC/FNC/ALL when they were the worst? Or millenium? Or CST?

The only thing that makes NA games moderately more interesting for me is I know all the players from watching soloqueue so therei s that aspect and I still probably wont be hosed to watch DIG vs CST in week 8.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
SK is best in the West in my humble opinion. That team qualified for worlds with loving Jesiz on their roster and has since upgraded both their carry positions with world class talent and it shows. Now that fredy can't get banned out and camped every single game they are just regulating people. I would take them right now in a Bo5 against any of the TSM, C9, CLG, FNC, EL set. Every team has tried to beat them in different ways and they've all lost. No matter how you try to pressure them on the map the other lanes will compensate and win. They basically win 2/3 lanes no matter what happens on the map, and usually 3/3.

fredy, Sven, and Forgiven are playing better than any other players at their position in NA/EU right now. Fox is easily in the conversation. nRated is probably their worst player, but he's certainly better than the great majority of support pros. Commentators keep dumping on him for his Lulu picks but it keeps working flawlessly so I don't know what the problem is. I'd probably say Bjergsen and Febiven have played slightly better than Fox this season and Aphromoo, Yellowstar, and Lustboy have played better than nRated this season. Collectively though I don't think any team has come close to how excellent SK have played week in and out.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Just got done doing 3 hours of late night emergency web editing for a client, so I think I'm now in the mood to see Deft kills some fools.

This is starting right now on:
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames2

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CODChimera posted:

I've invested money into a fantasy league. Don't bet on e-sports.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Clearlove on Jungle Hecarim in game 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

Clearlove on Jungle Hecarim in game 1
Is that a Vandal Hecarim skin :psyduck:

• Locked thread