Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Fuhuhuhuck yyyyyyyyooooouuuuuuu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Fuhuhuhuck yyyyyyyyooooouuuuuuu.

Aw, don't worry, li'l fella, you can still fantasize about Pedestal Girl all day at work from ten feet away. I'm sure she won't notice you constantly making cow eyes at her while she's trying to work.

So, odds for how long it takes Intelligent Life to go full PUA?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

I feel like this Friendzone subplot has been increasing in frequency lately.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's going to end up wearing her skin.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Has he ever actually tried asking her on a date?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zereth posted:

Has he ever actually tried asking her on a date?

Of course he hasn't. That's not what Nice Guys do!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Ahahahaha this strip is so bad it's awesome

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Heathcliff repeats the gag until you find it funny.

Might have actually been funny if the caption had been a school of dachshunds.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

"Why yes, I am totally flattered that this strange unknown man is writing secret things about me in an empty supply shed, while surrounded by giant flaming candles."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Man, Is there nobody Kennedy wasn't screwing?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Green Intern posted:

"Why yes, I am totally flattered that this strange unknown man is writing secret things about me in an empty supply shed, while surrounded by giant flaming candles."

Which seem to be growing with each passing panel.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

This is great. I love the The Creeps. :v:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They barged in there because they suspected him of being a spy only to find him recording information, which he freely admits involves one or more patrolmen on the base.

Their response is to swoon again because he called it a journal and that makes him deep and introspective. Gullible Idiot Comix.

Pooch Café

Fish kicks a dog when he's down, because that's the only time Fish can kick anybody.

Ballard Street

That. He thought exactly that would happen, which is why he did it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Good God.

If only Skip would grow some balls and get her a valentine card and roses or chocolate loving kill himself

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wow.

Helicity posted:

Ahahahaha this strip is so bad it's awesome

Yeah, at first I had that "are you loving serious" response but if I look at this like it's intentionally trying to be as horrible as possible, that's pretty funny.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

The Donner Party Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Courage, Bert! We need people like you to write complaint letters to the editor about this strip .

Pibgorn

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I still don't know what the deal with the Nitrates is supposed to be. Are they incestuous lovers? Didn't Sprocket murder-suicide them both a while back because he was beating her? (I guess they had a submarine car, it turns out, but that makes the interaction make less sense even if it explains how they survived.)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

There's a reason she's so mad at him.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Could be potentially interesting. These days a college degree mostly equals a lifetime of debt with no reasonable assurance you'll even be able to find work once you get out. How many people even work in the field their degree is in? (Somewhere between 0-100%, I'm sure. I actually don't know how many people work in the field their degree is in. I just know I don't!)

This is Luann, though. I'd be truly surprised if it actually went in a direction that addresses real problems that real college students face in today's world-- at least, not in a way that's at all relevant.

Sally Forth

Nice first panels. Scrolling down to check the post, at first I thought I'd accidentally posted the same strip twice.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ah! A hoverboard! In 2015! There you go, it happened. Everybody can settle down about it now.

Juliet Jones

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Courage, Bert! We need people like you to write complaint letters to the editor about this strip .

I'm imagining a line of people extending all the way across France, each waiting for their turn to take a shot at these assholes.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

My... narration... acting as a crutch for... lazy artist!

E: also, what happened to the sawblades on his hip from panel 1?

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
It's gonna be rough coming back to this thread each morning with the knowledge that there won't be a new classic Prince Valiant to read.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

"Gee, if only someone would give me a Valentine, she hinted . . . aloud . . . to any nearby obsessive stalker men . . . named Skip."
"loving hypergamous female tried to spermjack me!!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

No one in this thread, I think, has said it, but I think strips that are enjoyed need recognition (RIP Chief Dharma): I really like Emmy Lou. It's god damned adorable.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Not only is this character basically Jim Steranko, but he quotes one of the most beautiful pop songs ever written? Dick Tracy is fantastic.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Pastry of the Year posted:

No one in this thread, I think, has said it, but I think strips that are enjoyed need recognition (RIP Chief Dharma): I really like Emmy Lou. It's god damned adorable.

There is something genuine about it. I also think Arlo and Janis is great for having a long married couple that are still hot for each other, instead of acting like elementary school students with crushes (see Rose is Rose and the loving "love letters" followed by candy and rainbows in the air).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pastry of the Year posted:

I think it's the nature of the thread that the stuff people generally like goes unremarked upon. One can only say "Hey! Another good Creeps!" so many times. There's more material to work with with the terrible ones.

Speaking of terrible:
I think that the fact that this makes no sense was overlooked by the God awful Intelligent Life strip. Is the wind from the drone supposed to be drawing his toupee off his head? Am I seeing this right?

F Minus

I actually think this isn't far from how something like this works. Someone's gotta front for expenses, and they need to get paid back.

Mary Worth

OFFICE MARRIAGE BUREAU has a helluva lot of chairs.

Rex Morgan MD

What better way to transport gallons of formaldehyde than in your luxury automobile.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Speaking of terrible:

I think that the fact that this makes no sense was overlooked by the God awful Intelligent Life strip. Is the wind from the drone supposed to be drawing his toupee off his head? Am I seeing this right?

See, the downdraft from the little copter blades on the drone is making the guy's toupee go up, which is the exact opposite for what it'd do in reality, so this makes perfect sense! :pseudo:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Useless posted:

There is something genuine about it. I also think Arlo and Janis is great for having a long married couple that are still hot for each other

Arlo and Janis is incredibly good and honest and genuine and occasionally downright dirty and I have no idea how it continues to get published apart from lazy editors assuming legacy strips are always safe.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

I think it's the nature of the thread that the stuff people generally like goes unremarked upon. One can only say "Hey! Another good Creeps!" so many times. There's more material to work with with the terrible ones.

I try to throw some positive comments in the mix but it is largely griping about Brooke and the Evanses.

I'm sorry.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

And Meg evidently kept them all in her pocket the whole time. And mom wants her to spend Valentine's Day alone like a good girl and not show any interest in boys.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Is this Wordless Bleeker Week? Kinda cute.

On the Fastrack

Time to mope online

Safe Havens

Oh no, the table might turn into a human now!

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Could be potentially interesting. These days a college degree mostly equals a lifetime of debt with no reasonable assurance you'll even be able to find work once you get out. How many people even work in the field their degree is in? (Somewhere between 0-100%, I'm sure. I actually don't know how many people work in the field their degree is in. I just know I don't!)

This is Luann, though. I'd be truly surprised if it actually went in a direction that addresses real problems that real college students face in today's world-- at least, not in a way that's at all relevant.
Wow, Tiffany was actually pretty accomplished in high school. How many kids out there are head cheerleader + head of the prom committee + Miss Chamber of Commerce?

As for the college stuff, about half of recent college grads have a job that requires a college degree at all. For people who graduated earlier the number was higher.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 13, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I wanted to thank everyone for playing spot the edit, today's edit was

Intelligent Life

Sadly nobody correctly spotted the edit, so there are no winners, only losers.

Better luck next time!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Is this Wordless Bleeker Week? Kinda cute.
Awful form. You're going to injure yourself like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You Indolent Bastard! :argh:

• Locked thread