Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Salean posted:

Please dont troll the world of tanks thread there are people here who don't know any better!!

I was actually being kind of serious. Once they can no longer reliably nail soft spots, it could use a slight increase. They here people missing is slight. I don't mean a return to the old hesh pen, but a 10-20mm upgrade over now. That said, I have kind of forgotten what the old pen was, I think they dropped it by 50 wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

275 iirc.

But the fundamental problem is that they shouldn't be penning HE at all. If that leaves them sucking, buff something else.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

No they loving didn't, they're lying.

Prav posted:

275 iirc.

But the fundamental problem is that they shouldn't be penning HE at all. If that leaves them sucking, buff something else.

The problem is the 183 would be a bad tank with a .28 accuracy like the WT100. Unreliable armor, giant engine deck for artillery full pens, TD HP, and slow as a Maus. The gun as it is happens to be atrocious, but the tank chassis itself is just worthless.

Comedy answer buff the HE damage to 3000, remove the HESH round. Dive bomb a Maus for a 3k damage oneshot!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

The problem is the 183 would be a bad tank with a .28 accuracy like the WT100. Unreliable armor, giant engine deck for artillery full pens, TD HP, and slow as a Maus. The gun as it is happens to be atrocious, but the tank chassis itself is just worthless.

So buff the armor, HP or mobility :shrug:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

McGavin posted:

This. If you do it properly the ship you're targeting can't dodge at all.

They can still do a bunch to deny good fixes if they're dodging before the planes drop.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
This wannabe, or if s ... No, that can completely spherical, will call me a racist. I Poles nedopslěý but I like boys, Ketra can not even play WOT - send play TETRIS - yes, TETRIS is moronic players, and is it does not matter if they are from the Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Turkey and even from Ukraine, gentlemen excuse me, assholes are found among all nations. ... I just hate those who neunesoou truth and video setřihaj of your poo poo and nhrajou DM. And it does not matter if it's Poles, Czechs nšebo else, if he knows poo poo, Takata going to play tetris like this player, apparently it is already playing and it is better than the WOT. The healthcare of farts.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

xthetenth posted:

They can still do a bunch to deny good fixes if they're dodging before the planes drop.

That's when you spin your planes around until they gently caress up. 60% of the time it works every time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Either way, they don't give a poo poo and probably never well (Except for Hypnotix).

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atal Vataman posted:

This wannabe, or if s ... No, that can completely spherical, will call me a racist. I Poles nedopslěý but I like boys, Ketra can not even play WOT - send play TETRIS - yes, TETRIS is moronic players, and is it does not matter if they are from the Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Turkey and even from Ukraine, gentlemen excuse me, assholes are found among all nations. ... I just hate those who neunesoou truth and video setřihaj of your poo poo and nhrajou DM. And it does not matter if it's Poles, Czechs nšebo else, if he knows poo poo, Takata going to play tetris like this player, apparently it is already playing and it is better than the WOT. The healthcare of farts.

siema pl :^)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Hellsau posted:

Can you source this or you just pulling it straight out of your rear end?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

McGavin posted:

That's when you spin your planes around until they gently caress up. 60% of the time it works every time.

A lot of the time it's hard to see until you're paying planes for the opportunity.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Can some totally unbiased goons tell me if War thunder is enjoyable to roll around in tanks with or does it play like poo poo? Played WoT for ages and last time I tried Warthunder was at release and it felt a bit crap.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

maev posted:

Can some totally unbiased goons tell me if War thunder is enjoyable to roll around in tanks with or does it play like poo poo? Played WoT for ages and last time I tried Warthunder was at release and it felt a bit crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHCEYHsn2Q4

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

9.6 adds the CDC and STA-2 right? Well tier 8 prems just so happen to be on sale until Wednesday. I would imagine they will be postponing 9.6 until at least then.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

maev posted:

It suffers from a very unpredictable damage model and poor balance at certain tiers. It also takes a lot more commitment to play (no 5 minute matches) and is pay to win as all hell.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Can you source this or you just pulling it straight out of your rear end?

The patches have historically come to the NA server last for at least the last two years. Nobody cares about gold league. Nobody has ever cared about the league system. Patches are kind of lame if you need to replace your mods, but the league members aren't allowed to use mods anyway. There isn't anything in the patch that changes the meta - no new tanks, very few map changes (Mines is allegedly less poo poo) and the accuracy change doesn't really effect the tank selection or strats more than slightly.

There is no reason to delay the patch for the league unless the scheduled patch date had League fights, in which case you can postpone those fights, or postpone the patch a day. Either way, this isn't the first time NA server was a week late on a patch, and claiming that the reason the patch was delayed was for the league is just not realistic.

Axetrain posted:

9.6 adds the CDC and STA-2 right? Well tier 8 prems just so happen to be on sale until Wednesday. I would imagine they will be postponing 9.6 until at least then.

:ms:

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 12, 2015

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
The cdc does not look good with that awful terrain resistance.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Atal Vataman posted:

The healthcare of farts.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Cippalippus posted:

Whatevs, shitler! Do they even have measles shots in Italy?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Cippalippus posted:

it still accelerates like a mofo. not that i played it on test, but it seems quite alright. its soft as gently caress though. i got penned by a wolverine shooting he at me for 400 D: ill post a vid of some gameplay, to show off mobility.

this patch = rip snapshots btw. it sucks

E: here eventually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8BsD36ITRg
disclaimer, not really spectacular games or anything, but i climb hill on himmelsdorff among other things
no gamesound because copyright fuckers hate music

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 12, 2015

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Ensign Expendable posted:

It suffers from a very unpredictable damage model and poor balance at certain tiers. It also takes a lot more commitment to play (no 5 minute matches) and is pay to win as all hell.

Just curious, but why do you think it's pay to win?

Disclaimer, I've played hundreds of hours of War Thunder and I love it. It plays really different than WoT, so comparative player enjoyment between the two is pretty subjective. I would recommend trying American reserve tier tanks in Arcade or Realistic battles. They're tons of fun, the games tend to be fast-paced, and you can get used to the big differences like the tank handling and damage modeling while shooting .30 cal machine guns everywhere.

It's a tough comparison because ultimately there isn't much to say other than try it yourself and decide if you like the style.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I had one freaking city map too many when trying to play arty. R-r-r-r-raaaage quit! :qq:

gently caress tall indestructible poo poo. If only it could collapse and bury tanks. Preferable worthless pubbie teammates.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Generation Internet posted:

Just curious, but why do you think it's pay to win?

100% crews are massively superpowered and you'd have to grind as a full time job to get them in any reasonable amount of time. That was the case with planes at least, I don't know if they have it for tanks the same way.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Matilda Murderball

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Atal Vataman posted:

this patch = rip snapshots btw. it sucks

Best thing I've heard in years!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Hellsau posted:

The patches have historically come to the NA server last for at least the last two years. Nobody cares about gold league. Nobody has ever cared about the league system. Patches are kind of lame if you need to replace your mods, but the league members aren't allowed to use mods anyway. There isn't anything in the patch that changes the meta - no new tanks, very few map changes (Mines is allegedly less poo poo) and the accuracy change doesn't really effect the tank selection or strats more than slightly.

There is no reason to delay the patch for the league unless the scheduled patch date had League fights, in which case you can postpone those fights, or postpone the patch a day. Either way, this isn't the first time NA server was a week late on a patch, and claiming that the reason the patch was delayed was for the league is just not realistic.

:ms:

Okay, so yeah, you are just pulling this straight out of your rear end. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

So I was reading the patch notes and yay my T71 got a major accuracy buff while the bulldog got nerfed a little but oh no I'm going to have to sell my T67 and SU-85B. Looking forward to angry mans demanding I scout harder in my Chaffee / T71 for their now blind TD's.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

McGavin posted:

This. If you do it properly the ship you're targeting can't dodge at all.

Comfirmed. There's a few match I fought in which whoever was navigating those carriers knew what the hell he was doing. He would drop his torpedoes so close, there was nothing that could be done. Even if you saw the plane comming and started turning early... Most torpedoes would slam on the side of your ship and sink you.

Fortunately, most people playing carriers have no idea how to do this (gently caress, even I learnt it after the last beta) which means most of the time you can avoid a quick death.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I have a Marder II, and am trying to decide which way to go up. Should I go Marder 38(t) or Hetzer?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

I have a Marder II, and am trying to decide which way to go up. Should I go Marder 38(t) or Hetzer?

Play both, Hetzer is fun and Marder is good (though the view range changes might make the Marder garbage.) The J100 line has the JPanther 2 (fun and good) and the J100 is exactly what you expect. The WT100 line has some brutal grinds and some easy poo poo, with the RBWT being good and unfun, and the WT100 being good for a particularly thuddingly dull playstyle.

You're going to want Sixth Sense ASAP on your crew. The JT88 makes crazy money and is a good crew trainer, so if you have that, go wild.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

warcrimes posted:

Okay, so yeah, you are just pulling this straight out of your rear end. Thanks for clearing that up.

It scares me when mommy and daddy fight!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

The Southern Dandy posted:

Nobody's fighting, maaaaan

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

reported

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

If there was one person who understood friendly rear end pulling, I thought it'd be Dandy :(

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

friendly rear end pulling

wat

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is the type 62?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

maev posted:

It's not bad. It plays completely differently, mainly because it's a lot harder to see the enemy tanks. I seem to never get killed in War Thunder tanks, and I'm dumbfounded as to why that is. The pace of the game is a lot slower, but matches will last longer and you get respawns. It's definitely not as competitive, though. Not even close. It's a game to play when you are just loving around. The tanks drive a lot more..."loosely" I guess. But you get used to it. Dying because you ran into a tree at top speed is pretty lol. Plus, having planes in the same game as tanks is actually pretty cool.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Hold up hold up hold up.

Triple crew skill tomorrow. Not for first victory of the day - it's just triple crew exp; all day on any tank. That's pretty tight.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Are open topped and closed topped TDs getting nerfed the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

How is the type 62?

Its neat but not 50 dollars of neat. You can get a WZ-131 and get the same experience. Not worth the money at all.

MoraleHazard posted:

Are open topped and closed topped TDs getting nerfed the same?

Everything that isn't a premium sees a loss. The SU-85b in particular gets savaged. Which makes sense, its crazy good for its tier. Tier 9/10 stuff didn't really lose a lot though, some are only 10-20m, which won't be a huge change.