Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

A rolling bag to carry my balls around in, because they're so heavy :smuggo:

All 4 of them... :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Scarf posted:

A rolling bag to carry my balls around in, because they're so heavy :smuggo:

All 4 of them... :stare:

Only four? :colbert:

Six minimum.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Digital_Jesus posted:

Only four? :colbert:

Six minimum.

Now you're just over-compensating...

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Scarf posted:

Now you're just over-compensating...

Naw man everybody knows the dude with the most balls has the best average! Can't bowl for poo poo? Add more balls!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Digital_Jesus posted:

Naw man everybody knows the dude with the most balls has the best average! Can't bowl for poo poo? Add more balls!

You've got a quad, Salarian.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

sassassin posted:

Bullshit. Demand a real gift.

She actually helped pay for my laser eye surgery. No need to get all r/mensrights in here.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Coffee And Pie posted:

What brand is this? I could go for a few all-over printed t-shirts.

Took me about 2 minutes to remember what thread I was in and realize you were talking about a hotel and not the film Pacific Rim.

Eleven Paris. The shirt I bought goes for like $17 USD, if you're American would be around $20 with shipping. I paid out the rear end for international shipping but it's cheap for a solid print. The quality is legit.

http://theidleman.com/clothing/eleven-paris-t-shirt-with-olatrial-print.html?clickref=6308572#easy-tabs2

Use SAVE15 to get 15% off, not sure if it's working anymore.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bricklord posted:

Eleven Paris. The shirt I bought goes for like $17 USD, if you're American would be around $20 with shipping. I paid out the rear end for international shipping but it's cheap for a solid print. The quality is legit.

http://theidleman.com/clothing/eleven-paris-t-shirt-with-olatrial-print.html?clickref=6308572#easy-tabs2

Use SAVE15 to get 15% off, not sure if it's working anymore.

That whole website is like stuff poor people in America wear.

Edit: Specifically the shirts and sweaters and backpacks.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

blarzgh posted:

button down shirts are for poor people :confused:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Reverse Centaur posted:

She actually helped pay for my laser eye surgery. No need to get all r/mensrights in here.

Next purchase needs to be a sense of humor

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

blarzgh posted:

I personally wouldn't buy anything else, especially the accessories as they're extremely overpriced for the quality. I liked the print on the shirt having seen someone wearing it and made an impulse buy.

JEEVES420 posted:

button down shirts are for poor people :confused:

I'm assuming he's referring to the shirts with numbers and stuff. The plain clothing is nice but isn't worth it for the money.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Two matching Dell IPS monitors, monitor mounts, mouse pad, and various cables to upgrade to a triple-monitor sim setup. A few years down the road, after my next computer build, I'll get a nice center monitor so I have good color reproduction all the way across... but this old TN monitor is responsive so it's staying for now. The left monitor is still on a stand because I occasionally use it on the desk with my work laptop and that won't work if it's mounted to my sim rig :v:

A bunch of books, almost all from the library book sale. Paperbacks were a buck, hardcovers were two. I think there are only three books on this shelf that weren't from the library sale.

E: Yup, the three on the right weren't from the sale, but the crochet books for my wife aren't on this shelf so it almost evens out

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

blarzgh posted:

http://theidleman.com/clothing/shirts/dickies-palm-bay-shirt-19892a.html

if poor people can afford to blow 78.75 on a single shirt then I might like to be poor. 170 something bucks for a backpack? Geez louise.

Anyways I bought a couplle bars of Truffle Pig chocolate. Pretty good Godiva levels of chocolateness.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

CaseFace McGee posted:

Two matching Dell IPS monitors, monitor mounts, mouse pad, and various cables to upgrade to a triple-monitor sim setup. A few years down the road, after my next computer build, I'll get a nice center monitor so I have good color reproduction all the way across... but this old TN monitor is responsive so it's staying for now. The left monitor is still on a stand because I occasionally use it on the desk with my work laptop and that won't work if it's mounted to my sim rig :v:

You should do a full PVC roll cage to complete the feel of it.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

You should do a full PVC roll cage to complete the feel of it.

Thought about it, actually. This one splits in two with a few seconds of work with a drill - unscrew the fasteners for the two pipes in front of the seat and the angled bracing pipe, and it can be carried in two trips (sans monitors).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PCOS Bill posted:

Next purchase needs to be a sense of humor

Oops. Maybe I've been on reddit too much. There are so many people that are seriously like that. :(

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
DSW sale and I make bad shoe choices

Cole Haan (and I have the same ones in British Tan... needed some new black shoes)

Adidas for walking around the city.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

LTBS posted:

DSW sale and I make bad shoe choices

Cole Haan (and I have the same ones in British Tan... needed some new black shoes)

Adidas for walking around the city.

Adidas good, Cole Haans baaaaad

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

quote:

Cole Haan from DSW

CaseFace McGee posted:

What a decent Oxford shoe in that price range?

Allen Edmunds are way out of most people's price range if you don't have to dress professionally daily. Used AE on eBay?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

goku chewbacca posted:

What a decent Oxford shoe in that price range?

Allen Edmunds are way out of most people's price range if you don't have to dress professionally daily. Used AE on eBay?

Those seem to be $150 on Amazon, so... Johnston & Murphy? I'll get pilloried by the AE/Alden/C&J crowd, but they're a decent value in the sub-$200 range. Here are more ideas, some better than others:

http://dappered.com/2015/01/the-best-mens-dress-shoes-under-200-of-2015/

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

day pack to hold my water bladder and my poo poo while i go biking. also convenient when the gf and i start hiking and camping more often. why we are deciding to do this right as winter ended the other day in texas i do not know. on the plus i ordered it from amazon warehouse so we'll see if that minor cosmetic damage is worth the 10 bux i just saved.

a bike pump

my first bike upgrade

George H.W. Cunt has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Feb 13, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CaseFace McGee posted:

What make you say that? I've handled a few pairs and they all seem really solidly constructed.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

What make you say that? I've handled a few pairs and they all seem really solidly constructed.

I've seen the opposite, my Florsheims have been much better quality. Also, CH makes some ugly-rear end shoes that leave a bad taste for the ones that look a bit better. Shopping at eBay is still the best for quality in that price range.

Salt Lick, I just got that bike pump a few months ago, love it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

*wakes up on payday*

Hello, money!

*goes to Amazon*

Goodbye, money! :shepicide:

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Speaking of shoes, I recently picked up a pair of these:

(Gripfast 5 eye American Brogues)

I already had a pair of the black ones but wanted something to switch it up with. I've been wearing Gripfast shoes and boots for like 18 years now and absolutely love them. They are a bit on the pricey side, but they last forever and they're all still made in the U.K.(as opposed to China or Thailand).

Here's the catalog from the U.S. and Canada factory store, for anyone who might be interested.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Great choice. Jake got hosed on an Oscar nomination for his performance.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Trabant posted:

Those seem to be $150 on Amazon, so... Johnston & Murphy? I'll get pilloried by the AE/Alden/C&J crowd, but they're a decent value in the sub-$200 range. Here are more ideas, some better than others:

http://dappered.com/2015/01/the-best-mens-dress-shoes-under-200-of-2015/

I got them at 30% off plus I have another pair of the exact same shoe but different color and I like the way they fit. I have a pair of Johnston and Murphys but they don't fit well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rockcity posted:

Great choice. Jake got hosed on an Oscar nomination for his performance.
Yeah for real. He was chilling in that role. I just want to watch his mannerisms over and over again.

And I cannot wait to see what kind of special features are on the disc.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Mentalizer posted:

Speaking of shoes, I recently picked up a pair of these:

(Gripfast 5 eye American Brogues)

I already had a pair of the black ones but wanted something to switch it up with. I've been wearing Gripfast shoes and boots for like 18 years now and absolutely love them. They are a bit on the pricey side, but they last forever and they're all still made in the U.K.(as opposed to China or Thailand).

Here's the catalog from the U.S. and Canada factory store, for anyone who might be interested.

I don't understand the sole on that type of shoe. This company confuses me greatly

App13
Dec 31, 2011

SaltLick posted:

I don't understand the sole on that type of shoe. This company confuses me greatly

I know a guy who has a pair like this, he works for a mine as an HR guy so he wears a suit but still has to walk around in dirt, mud, snow etc. These shoes with a suit and a hard hat complete a pretty nice look, imo.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

LTBS posted:

I got them at 30% off plus I have another pair of the exact same shoe but different color and I like the way they fit. I have a pair of Johnston and Murphys but they don't fit well.

I'm not saying you need to return them or anything, honestly. Just answering the question about alternatives from above.

The other day I almost pulled the trigger on a shopping cart which added up to over $700 for a few pieces of clothing and AE shoes. As in, barely enough for one complete (non-suit) outfit . Then I had a moment of clarity that (a) holy poo poo that's a lot of money, and (b) I really shouldn't follow the sartorial groupthink out there. Not all dress shoes need to be $350+ to be good.

Content: Logitech K800, to replace a dead wired one. Amazon has it for a few extra bucks off the usual price.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Trabant posted:

Not all dress shoes need to be $350+ to be good.

Absolutely, it's just a shame many of the better brands out there meet or exceed this threshold.

I just bought the latest episode of The Walking Dead off the SEN, and boy what a terrible start to the second half of the season.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New speakers for my computer. The old Dell factory speakers finally gave up the ghost after 13 years and two different computers.

Not fancy, but serviceable.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Good movie, all he needed to nail the performance was an intense love of trains

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CaseFace McGee posted:

I've seen the opposite, my Florsheims have been much better quality. Also, CH makes some ugly-rear end shoes that leave a bad taste for the ones that look a bit better. Shopping at eBay is still the best for quality in that price range.

Salt Lick, I just got that bike pump a few months ago, love it.

Huh, I'll keep that in mind when my employee discount finally kicks in. I still love those suede Cole Haan oxfords with the sneaker sole though, nobody can stop me there :getin:

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

SaltLick posted:

I walk everywhere so having a sole like that during winter when there's ice and poo poo all over the streets makes for a significantly better commute (not that I don't wear them during nicer weather). The heavier soles also tend to last a lot longer when you're walking everywhere in a city environment, but that's just my own experience.

I also like the way they look but hey, different strokes and all that.

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
Bought myself a basement! Well, paid someone to fix my horrid hell hole of a basement into a nice comfy basement.

Before

After

Bonus, because I was drunk on Amazon, I bought this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

big dig posted:

Bought myself a basement! Well, paid someone to fix my horrid hell hole of a basement into a nice comfy basement.

Before

After

Oh gosh that looks great.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

that flooring in your new basement looks really nice. congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would like something similar to happen to mine. What did yours run you?