Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Now we just have to hope some trolling piece of poo poo doesn't break out the Song of Time in the last few seconds so we all lose our cash and can't pay for our preorders the second loop round :rant:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is anyone supposed to have the limited edition Majora's Mask tomorrow? Not the actual DS, but the game itself?

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
Ugh, so I just got back from my local (lovely) Walmart. Most of the associates had no idea what the New 3DS was, and the one that did told me they didn't have them in yet, and maybe if they got the shipment in tonight it would be on the shelves around 8am. I didn't get a chance to have them check because they never have enough check out lines open so they had lines of people with carts full of groceries in line in the electronics department.

Going to Target around 6:30 tomorrow and hoping for the best, apparently they only have 2 of each color and 2 MM ones. It annoys me that stores aren't stocking this worth poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Do you need to do a system transfer to carry over your Miiverse account or does that not matter?

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

jivjov posted:

Song of Healing, actually (unless there's an Oath to Order theme in Japan/Europe?)

Wow um...

I'm gonna pretend that was what I said. Yep.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Bone posted:

Ugh, so I just got back from my local (lovely) Walmart. Most of the associates had no idea what the New 3DS was, and the one that did told me they didn't have them in yet, and maybe if they got the shipment in tonight it would be on the shelves around 8am. I didn't get a chance to have them check because they never have enough check out lines open so they had lines of people with carts full of groceries in line in the electronics department.

Going to Target around 6:30 tomorrow and hoping for the best, apparently they only have 2 of each color and 2 MM ones. It annoys me that stores aren't stocking this worth poo poo.

Always ask them to call the back warehouse to check. They get pissy but that's how they handle every Nintendo release.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The new themes aren't up on the PAL Shop yet (Or at least the Aussie one, anyway). :f5:

PAL themes go up on Fridays (really early Saturday for AU/NZ) even though they announce them on Thursday. Dunno what the deal is there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do you need to do a system transfer to carry over your Miiverse account or does that not matter?

You need to system transfer to do anything. Always system transfer. System transfer is the lifeblood.

System Transfer....

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

flyboi posted:

Always ask them to call the back warehouse to check. They get pissy but that's how they handle every Nintendo release.

drat, I regret not doing this. They literally started ringing someone else up as I was still asking questions, but I guess I should have been more assertive. Wonder if it's worth a trip back

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Debating what I should do once the MH 3DS gets here. Test it by turning it on and playing around with it? Upgrading the memory card right away to get that over with so I don't have to deal with it later? Which form of laziness will prevail?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

HPanda posted:

Debating what I should do once the MH 3DS gets here. Test it by turning it on and playing around with it? Upgrading the memory card right away to get that over with so I don't have to deal with it later? Which form of laziness will prevail?

Is there a reason why you're waiting? I'm confused.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You need to system transfer to do anything. Always system transfer. System transfer is the lifeblood.

System Transfer....

Never change Nintendo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sounds like they're waiting for it to arrive in the mail to me. :shrug:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sounds like they're waiting for it to arrive in the mail to me. :shrug:

Well I mean after they get it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I picked free shipping on my Gamestop orders for my MM/Monhun N3DSXL's and the delivery estimate on UPS says tomorrow :woop:. The original estimate was 10-20 days after release... I didn't expect it to be that bad, but didn't figure I had a chance of getting them before next Tuesday.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

eShop is updated with MM3D and MH4U. Hasn't poo poo itself yet, anyway.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So tomorrow can I just buy the lovely off-brand charger at Gamestop and turn that in with my 3ds xl so I can get the $100 credit toward the new 3dsxl? Because gently caress you if I'm turning in my actual charger.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Finally have a purchase button on MM3D. I am excited. This is my favorite 3d Zelda and I look forward to experiencing this version.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Vegastar posted:

MH4U isn't up yet, supposedly because it's published by Capcom stateside and not Nintendo

So we might be hosed for who knows how long

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I kinda expected the Nintendo store to be completely hosed like it was for Smash but I guess not. Downloading Majora's Mask now.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Haquer posted:

MH4U isn't up yet, supposedly because it's published by Capcom stateside and not Nintendo

So we might be hosed for who knows how long

Oh. I kind of figured they'd both go up at the same time. Sorry guys :(. I'm going physical on MH4U anyway. GCU + :10bux: gift card is just too hard to say no to from Best Buy.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The latest it'll show up is noontime, I guess, if Theatrhythm Curtain Call's release was anything to go by.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Laziness. More, I guess, due to wanting to test the unit before opening it up, and if I turn it on, I'll want to just start playing. Also, my card reader on pc might or might not work, so switching cards might mean having to rewait through downloading MH.

Ugh, guess proper order will be turn on, test controls, turn off, switch out cards, might or might not have to download game.

First world problems. My Manchild hobby takes slightly more effort than I planned.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Squallege posted:

I kinda expected the Nintendo store to be completely hosed like it was for Smash but I guess not. Downloading Majora's Mask now.

They're all probably camped out waiting for the midnight launch to pick up their special-edition n3DS's.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So tomorrow can I just buy the lovely off-brand charger at Gamestop and turn that in with my 3ds xl so I can get the $100 credit toward the new 3dsxl? Because gently caress you if I'm turning in my actual charger.

Yeah. It'll basically :10bux: off your trade credit.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I am now in possession of N3DS (admittedly since December) MH4U and MH4U theme! Pretty spiffy.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Local Walmart only had the black and red shits but I saw a guy there with an imported regular 3DS. Cool experience. Feel like grease.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

Local Walmart only had the black and red shits but I saw a guy there with an imported regular 3DS. Cool experience. Feel like grease.

Only Target is going to sell the MM edition console. TRU and Walmart are only getting black/red consoles.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Was the grease from the Wal-Mart or being within the same airspace as the guy?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Was the grease from the Wal-Mart or being within the same airspace as the guy?

Wal-Mart, guy was really cool.

flyboi posted:

Only Target is going to sell the MM edition console. TRU and Walmart are only getting black/red consoles.

This is some rear end, but also incredibly useful information.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
I got mine and am doing the system transfer which is :3: as hell.

I'm glad I waited to update to the new 3ds. This is spiffy as poo poo and the screen is nice and big.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Vegastar posted:

I have honestly never seen the eShop poo poo itself in a major way for game releases. They've always downloaded reasonably quick for me too. I think MM just took me like half an hour tops.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Drowning in grease at the moment

Edit: supposedly mine actually has the mm console but I'm waiting for the tears. They have 8 total and I'm 7th in line. Smells like 4 red and 4 black to me!

flyboi fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 13, 2015

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Bone posted:

Same happened at my first Walmart. They acted like they didn't know what I was talking about and asked me to describe what it looked like. They dicked around in the back for about 20 minutes and then came back and said they didn't have any.

I drove to the next town and picked a black one up at Walmart no problem. The lady said they only had three of them in, 2 red and 1 black.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
My local Wal-Mart had neither the new 3ds nor Majora's Mask and they even went back to look. I am guessing they have them under lock and key and will put them out tomorrow morning when a manager comes in.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just got back from picking up my black n3ds and majoras mask. Really want to do the system transfer and start the new zelda, but I also have to be at work in 8 hours. Being an adult is hard!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Walmart lost their shipment somehow, lol

"We put them in the back and now there gone"

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey, people, give us opinions on the look of the new XL.

corn in the bible posted:

Walmart lost their shipment somehow, lol

"We put them in the back and now there gone"

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some Walmart employee was fed up with their poo poo awhile ago and decided to go rogue.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
The front thee in line have been here since 10:30 and are so sad there's no mm XL hahahajajaj

I walked up at 11:45 and said the fact about the mm only being at target and they're all so sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Just got back from picking up my black n3ds and majoras mask. Really want to do the system transfer and start the new zelda, but I also have to be at work in 8 hours. Being an adult is hard!

Some of us schedule off for three days.

noirstronaut posted:

Hey, people, give us opinions on the look of the new XL.

It's nice and big and it doesn't have that horrible "Maybe I'm gonna open toooo much for your comfort"-thing that the original 3ds did with the top screen.

Oh and FYI, getting the screws out isn't the problem. Getting the back plate off without scratches isn't loving fun. The best tip I read was "there is no such thing as under screwing" and that sounds about right. Pry it off with the stylus once loose.

• Locked thread