Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Well this is a WTF way to wake up. I was already asleep. Got thirsty. Noticed phone blinking. "Oh cool maybe Best Buy FINALLY shipped my stuff." Sure was an email from Best Buy stating that the MM LE that they charged me for on Wednesday and has been preparing since then is now delayed until March 17th. Thanks a lot Best Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

loudog999 posted:

I was prepared for hell on earth.. but nothing could compare me to slightly turning not one, but two screws to get to this card.. is there any kind of counseling that nintendo offers after that. i legit see me sining up for some kind of benefit because the two screws-gate made me loose my faith in humanity and everything that i believe is real...

On a more positive note, the system transfer went pretty nintendo smooth so I have no complaints. My only question now is that every time I try to calibrate the new Super-Stable 3D I get multiple flashing warning about it is not working probably. Is this going to be a factor in future games, or is it just the fact that I wear glasses it is messing it all up?

There was a 3DS subreddit thread regarding the super stable 3D. It's your glasses.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Any word on what kind of types of microSDs work in the n3DS? Can I get SDXC?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Night Blade posted:

My 3ds formatted it for me just fine.

Does this work well?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

Any word on what kind of types of microSDs work in the n3DS? Can I get SDXC?

SDHC, you can technically use SDXC cards provided they are reformatted to FAT32 I believe.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Wow I knew it was going to be small but holy gently caress they really pull those cameras in tight to make sure you get a good look.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

MH4U is now officially on the NA eShop!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

8-bit Miniboss posted:

There was a 3DS subreddit thread regarding the super stable 3D. It's your glasses.

That'd be weird, I wear glasses and mine works fine.

They are small frames, so maybe if you have huge lenses that cover half your face that confuses the system or something

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
Leaving in an hour to sit outside Target, wish me luck guys.

E: should I shove people out of the way or just make a mad sprint for electronics?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Bone posted:

E: should I shove people out of the way or just make a mad sprint for electronics?
make fart noises and quack like a waffle

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
From an email I just received Nintendo are apprently offering some free gift with NN3DS orders on their (UK) website. I hope those of us that pre-ordered don't get shafted because we didn't wait till release day :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bone posted:

I hope you don't live in my area because I might accidentally gently caress you up!

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Bone posted:

Temperature is below zero out here. Freezing my goddamn rear end off. This store has 3 units, thankfully it's just me and another guy, we decided to take a warmth pact and watch for new blood from a heated vehicle.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im gonna go to target before work and if I dont get one I AM GOING TO shrug and try again later

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Iwata Asks is back, motherfuckers! Majora's Mask!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/interview/ajrj/vol1/

JP-only for now, I guess the English links will be up in the morning.

EDIT: nevemind, let's go http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/majoras-mask-3d/0/0

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 13, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vegastar posted:

Temperature is below zero out here. Freezing my goddamn rear end off. This store has 3 units, thankfully it's just me and another guy, we decided to take a warmth pact and watch for new blood from a heated vehicle.

Please don't run down strangers on the footpath together just to get a handheld console. :ohdear:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I own a Wii U and attaching my Nintendo ID to the system was an exercise in confusion. You do it in settings, the menu item looks like a header rather than an item. You should do that instead of assuming it would be done in the eShop.

This is neat though.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Please don't run down strangers on the footpath together just to get a handheld console. :ohdear:

My target was amazingly sane about the whole process, as it turns out. They just handed these out and told us to go warm up for an hour. They got a grand total of 3.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Holy poo poo is replacing the sd card in this thing a pain the the rear end. You need to unscrew this poo poo and Im somehow managing to fail to do that

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
righty tighty lefty loosey

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Afro posted:

righty tighty lefty loosey

Yeah, I got one off. It wasn't the direction but it seems to have slightly smaller grooves that my tiny Phillip'shead and also like a child cap that you have to push down on

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Just picked up the last one at the local Walmart. No preorder plan a success
:smug:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

According to Best Buy my order of the limited edition Majora's Mask 3D will arrive by the afternoon of today, but no word on the red N3DSXL yet at all aside from "order processed". Oh well.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Good Citizen posted:

Just picked up the last one at the local Walmart. No preorder plan a success
:smug:

I'm going to try to head to mine before work, but I live in a rural area so I'm likely the only loving person in the entire county that knows that a new model is coming out

I'm waiting for the conversation with the person at the register "do you have the new 3ds"
"yes we have new 3dses"
"no no I mean the NEW 3ds"
"yes they're all new, we don't sell used ones"
"no no no no I me:suicide:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Haquer posted:

I'm going to try to head to mine before work, but I live in a rural area so I'm likely the only loving person in the entire county that knows that a new model is coming out

I'm waiting for the conversation with the person at the register "do you have the new 3ds"
"yes we have new 3dses"
"no no I mean the NEW 3ds"
"yes they're all new, we don't sell used ones"
"no no no no I me:suicide:

That's exactly the conversation I had with them on the phone the other day. Today I just went in and pointed at the right one in the locked case and all was good.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Vegastar posted:

My target was amazingly sane about the whole process, as it turns out. They just handed these out and told us to go warm up for an hour. They got a grand total of 3.

I'm sitting outside my Target now, and unsurprisingly, they don't have anything like this. I'm the first, so if I'm the only, I guess I'll just wait in my car. I know they have two from seeing them already out on Tuesday.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey flyboi, make someone else's day. I got lucky.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Walked up to Target five minutes before they opened, fifth in line. Only had two MM's but snagged a black no problem.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

So if you delete your games off the old 3ds does it keep the save files? I want to minimize system transfer time. I can download the game data again later

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

noirstronaut posted:

Hey flyboi, make someone else's day. I got lucky.

Dibs! No luck for me. Target here had only 2 units and I was number 4 in line :(

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Look at all these fools not getting the superior MH4U edition

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Good Citizen posted:

So if you delete your games off the old 3ds does it keep the save files? I want to minimize system transfer time. I can download the game data again later

It'll give you the option if and only if it won't let you make save-data backups the normal ways (extended options on Home menu and in Data Management).

Go make save-data backups for everything first.

ALTERNATELY: It should copy just the saves if you're System Transferring to a card that can't fit the full filesystem. Make backups anyway, because I shouldn't have to explain why you make backups of files you don't want to lose.

I don't know how any of this operates with games like Fantasy Life that save to extra data rather than save data (this is why even the game card saves to SD, by the way).

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 13, 2015

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Protip: When pre-ordering from Gamestop.com, spring for 2-day delivery.

My MonHun New 3DS, according to UPS, is still being delivered today despite getting 2 day delivery.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
so my new 3DS is set to arrive on Tuesday, which okay cool, I can live with that, but I just figured out how to look up the MM LE bundle order that I placed around the same time and it's still sitting at "open." Not even an estimate, though on my original order confirmation printout it says "Pre-release ships 12/31/2015." :negative: I know that's just a placeholder but some indication of when this might come around would be nice, jeez.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The gold on the new XL is really nice.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Mea culpa for not doing better research but seriously, "AC Adapter sold separately"? WTF? That's seriously retarded. Guess I'm going back to Target.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Lawen posted:

Mea culpa for not doing better research but seriously, "AC Adapter sold separately"? WTF? That's seriously retarded. Guess I'm going back to Target.

1st one of the thread. Also it's on the box... twice.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rofl, target got 5 and I showed up 10 minutes before open to be 3rd in line. Suck it nerds.

E: also i forgot to mention :boom:

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Just drove by Target on the way to work. 25+ people and 2 tents in line for the 10 MM consoles they got. They don't open for another 2.5 hours. Gonna be some mad nerds today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jadaris posted:

Just drove by Target on the way to work. 25+ people and 2 tents in line for the 10 MM consoles they got. They don't open for another 2.5 hours. Gonna be some mad nerds today.

Do you live in the biggest city in America? I was second in line behind one guy and maybe three other people floated in at 7:58.

• Locked thread