Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Haquer posted:

Majora's Mask is up but MH4U isn't

NINTENDO loving US AGAIIIIINNNNNNNNNN

This. Capcom is loving us again :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faldoncow
Jun 29, 2007
Munchin' on some steak
According to Capcom, it's all in Nintendo's hands. http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/30435767/what-time-will-monster-hunter-4-ultimate-launch-on-the-nintendo-eshop

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
Came back from gamestop - hit f5 on the UPS tracking... its shipped! from kentucky.... oh well, supposedly will be here tomorrow anyways. I guess I can hold off on the physical copy and re-sell it to a friend and lure him into being a MH fanatic as well.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
This has got to be part of Nintendo's secret plot to get me to buy MM instead. Must...hold off...temptation...

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

This has got to be part of Nintendo's secret plot to get me to buy MM instead. Must...hold off...temptation...

All third party releases are at 12PM EST while first party releases are at 12AM EST so it's more like their more general ploy to make sure their games don't have server competition for downloading at midnight. I don't know how I and apparently everybody else forgot that but it was probably the hype.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's probably a good thing because my Majora's Mask 3D download is probably going to take until noon tomorrow because holy poo poo this is painfully slow. Well by then I'll have the New 3DS so a faster download for Monster Hunter so all is well.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
My SD card that was supposed to arrive today didn't, so I can't even get MM unless I want to delete it again until the SD card finally arrives. I'm already going to need to delete MH3U to fit MH4U, which I'm pretty irritated about.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Since 4 is out tomorrow I've been playing 3 but using all those items I had saved in the bank that are too valuable to waste.

There's no way I can burn through my stacks of potions any time soon though.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

So apparently you no longer get items stolen by Melynx back when you smack them, and you have to find the hideout even if you kill tbe fuckers. And they still go straight for the map. Assholes.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

So apparently you no longer get items stolen by Melynx back when you smack them, and you have to find the hideout even if you kill tbe fuckers. And they still go straight for the map. Assholes.

Felvine.

Actually a nice change, as frustrating as it will no doubt be. I never carried felvines. Now there's a reason, to say nothing of anti-theft armor skills.

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
I don't think that's correct unless it changed between 4G and 4U, maybe you aren't killing them in one hit and they're escaping.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

How is the online in MH4?

Because I had the 3DS version of MH3, and that kinda killed it for me, because iirc, I could only play multiplayer locally, and no one else I knew played, which left me high and dry and getting well behind the gear curve.
Well, that and the fact that I'm grossly incompetent at capturing monsters, but that's more in the territory of personal shortcomings.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It has full online multiplayer

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Reginald Bathwater posted:

I don't think that's correct unless it changed between 4G and 4U, maybe you aren't killing them in one hit and they're escaping.

The demo let you get stolen items back from smacking cats, I don't know if / why they'd change something like that between the demo and the retail release.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Aww, after hearing that I was really excited to hear from all of the people (me) who would get frothing mad when a cat steals their Power Talon. :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What's the trigger for unlocking the farm (or equivalent thing) in 4U?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Got it, love it. I forgot it was coming out until I woke up this morning and was like "Wait, holy poo poo, Monster Hunter 4U is coming out" and ran down to Gamestop to preorder it for midnight.

I wanna know, are the special Palico costumes they were advertising over the last year obtainable through gameplay, or are they event DLC exclusives like the anime poo poo from 3U? I need my Sonic cat.

edit:
:siren:You can get either the Mario or Luigi Palico costume by downloading Patch 1.1:siren:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2015/02/12/mh4u-starter-pack-free-items-and-a-super-surprise

The patch isn't up at time of writing and probably won't be until the game is up on the eshop in like 8 hours.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 13, 2015

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Game is on the US eshop now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lucid Dream posted:

i was just about to go to bed :argh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just realised something:

I bought a special edition with the game already pre-loaded, how will that interfere with transferring my system ID from my old 3DS?

Jesus Nintendo this is worse than the Vita account poo poo, how did you manage it?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Pierson posted:

I bought a special edition with the game already pre-loaded, how will that interfere with transferring my system ID from my old 3DS?

Jesus Nintendo this is worse than the Vita account poo poo, how did you manage it?
I believe it SHOULD work like OEM Windows installations; your copy is linked to the internal serial number of the device, so you automatically have access again.

Leaping Mutton
Feb 27, 2010

What could go wrong?

Pierson posted:

It will work fine, but you'll need to redownload the game.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Pierson posted:

I went through this, you can go to their website for better step by step but do the following:

Setup your new 3ds system (Enough to get to the home screen)
Do not go to the eshop on the new 3ds or setup a Nintendo network account
System transfer as normal
You will lose your copy of Monhun pre installed but can re-download, as the item will be linked to your e-shop account. (i'm downloading it right now)

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Lucid Dream posted:

Glad I went to sleep shortly after it didn't show up at midnight. My copy is now downloading :allears:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my my my. According to the rumor mill, and by that I mean Gamefaqs, DSP is going to be playing 4U this week. If you don't know who DSP is, the best way to describe him is the worst gamer ever who laughs like Skull from Power Rangers. Any error is with the game or the controller and not his own ineptitude, and anything related to online gaming can be chalked up to lag on top of those.

In short: Yo, this gonna be hilarious. DSP doesn't have the patience to read anything. Even when there are instructions staying on screen, dude ignores them and proceeds to boob around for fifteen minutes trying to figure out what to do. Him playing Monster Hunter is gonna be nothing short of comedy gold.

The "This is how you don't play..." for 4U is gonna be incredible.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh my my my. According to the rumor mill, and by that I mean Gamefaqs, DSP is going to be playing 4U this week. If you don't know who DSP is, the best way to describe him is the worst gamer ever who laughs like Skull from Power Rangers. Any error is with the game or the controller and not his own ineptitude, and anything related to online gaming can be chalked up to lag on top of those.

In short: Yo, this gonna be hilarious. DSP doesn't have the patience to read anything. Even when there are instructions staying on screen, dude ignores them and proceeds to boob around for fifteen minutes trying to figure out what to do. Him playing Monster Hunter is gonna be nothing short of comedy gold.

The "This is how you don't play..." for 4U is gonna be incredible.

So how long until he gives up? My moneys' on say around 4 hours if he gets that far.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DSP is gross and I cant wait for him to be carried by his party up to G rank and then start getting 1 shotted until mission fail.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
The character limit means I can't name my palico Chairman Meow :eng99:

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

What about Meow Zedong?

Praesil
Jul 17, 2004

nerdbot posted:

:siren:You can get either the Mario or Luigi Palico costume by downloading Patch 1.1:siren:

So, how do you get the other one?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Praesil posted:

So, how do you get the other one?

Dlc quest to be released at some point.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Out in the AU eShop. Getting my copy now!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I was able to preorder MH4, but I only have my old 3DS with me since I was going to trade it for the new 3DS XL at GameStop and it's out of stock. I also already have a 3DS XL + CPP, but left it overseas.

Would I have any issues starting the game on my old 3DS and then eventually using my XL when I get back overseas next week, or would I have to start over? Are the saves tied to the cartridge?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Saves are tied to the cartridge but Nintendo has an app that lets you do a one way transfer to the digital version.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko posted:

So how long until he gives up? My moneys' on say around 4 hours if he gets that far.

If he doesn't spend a good 15 minutes in the intro sequence, running around getting his rear end kicked because he ignored the text that tells him to go grab the hat off of Dah'ren, I'll be stunned.

Teddles posted:

The character limit means I can't name my palico Chairman Meow :eng99:

Would Meowsolini fit or is that still too long?

Ugh, 3 1/2 hours left until the GS opens. I'm slowly going crazy waiting. Starting to wish I'd just gone digital, but I know how slowly it'd pull down, considering Majora's Mask is out today, too.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Saves are tied to the cartridge but Nintendo has an app that lets you do a one way transfer to the digital version.

Thank you!

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

This is my first Monster Hunter game and I'm pretty excited to play it as soon as I go out and buy a charger for my DS because I was never told that the chargers were sold separately now :argh:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'm going to name one of my cats Veskitty :3:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

KonvexKonkav posted:

What about Meow Zedong?

I think the limit is ten characters including spaces, so that's a bit too long.

ChibiSoma posted:

Would Meowsolini fit or is that still too long?

It fits, but I've already named him :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Teddles posted:

I think the limit is ten characters including spaces, so that's a bit too long.

It fits, but I've already named him :eng99:

You get 2 cats man!

• Locked thread