Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Cursed eye is really good with triple shot/mutant spider, in my opinion. Being able to fire off a salvo of those guys can pretty much shred through anything.

rubber cement helps too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
What annoys me about Cursed Eye is the Black Candle doesn't remove the teleporting from it. It says immunity from curses right there.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Huzzah! posted:

What annoys me about Cursed Eye is the Black Candle doesn't remove the teleporting from it. It says immunity from curses right there.

Brilliant. I'd be much happier with Cursed Eye if this was a possibility.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New blog update talking about an upcoming expansion pack for Rebirth called Afterbirth (of course) and... an update for Wraith of the Lamb?!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

The Kins posted:

New blog update talking about an upcoming expansion pack for Rebirth called Afterbirth (of course) and... an update for Wraith of the Lamb?!

wtf 8 out of those 9 challenge ideas sound awful. Dammit reddit.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)
What kind of loving monster

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Grapplejack posted:

What kind of loving monster

I am absolutely not okay with the brains challenge.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Wusses

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

quote:

7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)

gently caress off

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Cursed Eye seems alright on paper but in reality it rarely even increases your DPS because of the charge time when you are not shooting. Triple/quad shot or polyphemus could be worth it I guess.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the Blue Bomber one sounds fun in an incredibly stupid kind of way

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

The Beans! challenge should have a hardcoded rule to not spawn the 'Bombs are Key' pill.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't wait for that update.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Edmund Honda posted:

The Beans! challenge should have a hardcoded rule to not spawn the 'Bombs are Key' pill.

I gave that challenge a few attempts today. Hit Bombs are Key on my first try. Ran out of bombs by the final floor on the next. A few deaths. Gave up on it and one-shot the Solar System. Didn't expect that.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
If anyone wants to play an eden run that starts with Polyphemus the seed is VRNM SYAF.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Edmund Honda posted:

On the flip side, when the game throws three Emperor cards at you on the last three floors, the challenge becomes significantly easier. :smug:

Suicide King can still go gently caress itself.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I cannot wait for the brains challenge. Bob's brain is a lot of fun when you can use it, but usually it's a lot worse than your normal tears which makes it a liability.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Bob's Brain is pretty easy to use when you don't have to focus on a lot. It's a pretty good item if your build doesn't have items that force you to multitask. Like, say Epic Fetus or Ludovico Technique. That Brains challenge will probably be one of the easier ones.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Bob's brain + Pyromaniac = don't worry be happy

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

:toot:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Congrats! You're nearly finished, don't give up now!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

When the DLC hits, we'll have all new items and challenges to bitch about!

SnoruntPyro
Dec 28, 2014

Class-A Douche

quote:

all start boss rush: a challenge where you fight all the games bosses
YES PLEASE. I love boss rushes.

quote:

High Rule: start with moms knife + trinity shield + boomerang
sounds really loving easy

quote:

Blue Bomber: blue baby run with kamikaze + flying + new dlc item + pyromaniac, Blindfolded (no tears)
Oooh, sounds fun.

quote:

Rollers: each time you complete a room all of your items and stats are rerolled (item pools arent depleted)
could be fun

quote:

a XXXL room challenge: all floors are XL but have the max amount of rooms per XL floor.
ok...

quote:

Max hearts : a challenge where you start with max heart containers but hearts no longer drop.
uh...

quote:

Sonic: all doors are arcade doors, start with 99 coins all enemies have greed shot effect (cause you to drop/loose coins) you die at 0 coins.
what the gently caress no

quote:

BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

On a side note, I loving unlocked Godhead. I'm free! I'm free!

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

SnoruntPyro posted:

On a side note, I loving unlocked Godhead. I'm free! I'm free!

I'm one run away from unlocking it and I'm vary much looking forward to never touching the lost or hardmode again. First item room was holy mantle and then I got a knife on the second floor devil deal after what was a surprisingly stressful red double monstro fight. Dead Cat in Womb one basically ensured that I was going to make it to the end, and a Resistance Rune in the Cathedral made Blue Baby a non factor.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
If anyone is having issues with Suicide King, I bought Magic Fingers (http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Magic_Fingers) from the shop and with the help of some coin bonus items I tore through the challenge. The explosive shots really make the Magic Fingers do a ton of damage.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Idk BRAINS! sounds really, really easy. Bobs Brain is a really good item when you don't have to worry about your tears at the same time.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, it's just juggling it in combination with anything else that makes it a terrible item to have

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Note that the voting for the must-have item combinations for Rebirth went up: http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2vqzuc/must_have_rebirth_item_combos/

I cross-posted the cursed eye + black candle idea that was posted in here (since it's a REALLY good idea) and it ended up near the top :toot:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

One of the ones in there is that Little Steven vanishes if you pick up the box, which is pretty funny and I hope it gets in.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just had an amazingly broken run tonight. brimstone. Anti grav, homing shots, abadon, the pact, small rock, chemical peel and crickets head. All I had to do was drop a single anti grav homing brimstone shot and every thing just melted. I beat Mega Satan without takin a single hit, just hung out towards the bottom and nonchalantly dropped concentrated death. Killed his final form in 2 shots. I was really surprised you don't unlock anything for beating Mega Satan.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
One change I wish they would make to the lost would be to take all of the items that are worthless to him out of his pool.It makes you realize how many items there are that require you to take damage to activate when you're resetting to get a good start for the lost.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
The Lost should start out with There's Options, at the very least.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

So it turns out Midas Touch does contact damage by itself. I was convinced it doesn't since all wikis and platinumgod don't say it does, but I just had a ridiculous Eden run with it.

quote:

Seed: VZQ0 Q1A4
Eden
Breath of Life, The Soul, Midas' Touch, Latch Key, Unicorn Stump, Humbleing Bundle, MEAT!, Dark Bum, Whore of Babylon, Odd Mushroom, Treasure Map, Mom's Coin Purse, A Lump of Coal, Cancer, Guppy's Tail, Habit, Abel, Little C.H.A.D., Pentagram, Cricket's Head, BFFS!, Little Gish, The Mark, Fate, Guppy's Head, Unicorn Stump, Death's Touch, PHD, The Polaroid, Goat Head, Guppy's Collar, The Small Rock, Guppy's Paw, Unicorn Stump, Infamy, Missing Page 2, Tammy's Head, Unicorn Stump, Ghost Baby, Lord of the Pit, Bloody Lust, Infestation, Mr. Mega, Virgo, Lucky Foot, Mini Mush, BBF

It also probably scales with damage since by the end I could do 50% of Isaac/??? HP in one Unicorn Stump charge. I didn't have any other contact damage items as seen in the above log.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Finally beating all of the challenges and just needing to beat It Lives on hard mode is like coming up for air. I guess I'll go back under once I try the Lost achievements.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Just when I thought this game had thrown everything at me:

A big huge Dark Room room with three Cages in it. gently caress.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

The Cage and Mega Fatty could really use some HP decrease.

E: Death's Touch + Soy Milk is adorable.

omeg fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 15, 2015

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

flatluigi posted:

Note that the voting for the must-have item combinations for Rebirth went up: http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2vqzuc/must_have_rebirth_item_combos/

This one I read would be the greatest: Ludovico Technique + Tiny Planet = You move your tears using polar coordinates instead of cartesian coordinates.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

GuavaMoment posted:

This one I read would be the greatest: Ludovico Technique + Tiny Planet = You move your tears using polar coordinates instead of cartesian coordinates.

Dear god, no.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I just had a sick run with Soul, Body, Triple shot, and Godhead.

7NX0 R7ZK

is the seed, you'll have to roll the first treasure and obviously not take devil deals and pick up the battery in the first shop in order to reroll the angel rooms twice.

Now I only need Missing No. and I'll have TPG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Laz's Rags, Judas's Shadow, and the Wafer are about the most useless treasure room items the Lost can get early on. And the last room before Satan had four of those black floating blob things with the eye lasers and perfect accuracy, one in each corner, and there was nothing I could do to kill them fast enough before one tagged me.

Yes, coming back with Laz-Rags or J-Shadow as the Lost brings you back as Lazarus 2 or Shadow Judas, and gently caress your progress towards your unlocks.