Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

zoux posted:

Whoa
I didn't know Wesley Snipes had an account here.

Like Wesley Snipes could afford an SA account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Whizbang posted:

Like Wesley Snipes could afford an SA account.

He spent his last $5 on a TotalFark membership.

Truly a monster.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The best part of that story/movie is the scene where Blade is supposed to be lying down with his eyes open, but Snipes refused to open his eyes during the shooting of that scene, so they had to go back in post production and use CGI to insert a picture of Snipes's eyes onto his face during that scene.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Big defender of Blade 1 & 2 - hated the 3rd one & maintain that Snipes acted out because he went from headlining the 3rd flick to watching his sidekick die, being forced to fight one of the shittiest cinematic interpretations of Dracula in the last 40 years, a so-so sountrack all to obviuosly launch Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Biel & Co for a possible movie franchise than never happened is all. If he wanted to be petulant to the extreme, I don't blame him. I'm willing to bet that outside of that opening action sequence the script was even shittier than what we saw. Here's a movie with Ryan Reynolds, Patton Oswald, Kris Kristofferson, HHH, Parker Posey & that chick from American Pie who almost killed herself as a junkie and went on to be in Orange is the new Black...and is STILL forgettable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
^^ The script was written by the same guy who did the other two. This was also in the process of all his legal trouble.
I am pretty sure they could make a disaster artist like movie for that film.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 13, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd love to see Deadpool cut off Blades head for shits and giggles.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

They have the most boring villain too. The Reserved Flash? Why is he so reserved? Why would we want a villain who is always quiet and polite?

No, he's the perfect foil. Contrary to the Flash's super speed, his power is to ... not do much of anything at all!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All of the Blade movies are terrible. 3 is just the worst one.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

bbf2 posted:

The best part of that story/movie is the scene where Blade is supposed to be lying down with his eyes open, but Snipes refused to open his eyes during the shooting of that scene, so they had to go back in post production and use CGI to insert a picture of Snipes's eyes onto his face during that scene.

Haha holy poo poo I need to re-watch Blade 3 now. :stonklol:

Also, good to see this last episode upholds the Arrow tradition of "Slow first half of season, watchers start to get antsy, BOOM overdrive ditches!" :getin:

Oracle posted:

Hahah what trust between the Yamashiros and Oliver? So far he's just been repeatedly lied to. I mean yeah okay Maseo 'came back' for him but even that I'm having a hard time believing at this point. Maseo so far has lied about :

having the real vial
being willing to trade the vial for his wife
what their escape plans were
a few other things I know I'm forgetting

I mean is there one point where Oliver has actually been told the truth by Maseo?

Take this post but replace 'Oliver' with 'Thea' and 'Maseo' with 'Oliver' and it's pretty drat funny

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 13, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Season 2 of Arrow had many things, and "a slow first half" was not one of them.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Oracle posted:

Hahah what trust between the Yamashiros and Oliver? So far he's just been repeatedly lied to. I mean yeah okay Maseo 'came back' for him but even that I'm having a hard time believing at this point. Maseo so far has lied about :

having the real vial
being willing to trade the vial for his wife
what their escape plans were
a few other things I know I'm forgetting

I mean is there one point where Oliver has actually been told the truth by Maseo?

In all fairness there are literally only 3 people on earth he is regularly interacting with at this point in his life and when one of them is constantly threatening to skin his family members alive at any sign of disobedience the other 2 look pretty good in comparison and he's probably willing to forgive quite a few deceitful actions from them

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

bbf2 posted:

In all fairness there are literally only 3 people on earth he is regularly interacting with at this point in his life and when one of them is constantly threatening to skin his family members alive at any sign of disobedience the other 2 look pretty good in comparison and he's probably willing to forgive quite a few deceitful actions from them
So they're taking advantage of his loneliness and desperate situation by being the good cop to Amanda Waller's bad cop.

Still not seeing the trustworthiness here.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I'll always maintain that the best Hal Jordan is Nathan Fillion.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
:ohdear: I liked all three Blade movies...

For unpopular opinion #2, can Laurel get a training montage or a time skip or something? Watching her fight dudes with guns when she has a few weeks of boxing training and a nightstick is annoying as poo poo and takes me out of the action. She can't even do the sweetest flips imaginable like a certain other member of Team Arrow. Since even Oliver acknowledged her, she's obviously a permanent fixture going forward, so at least give me some handwaving to explain why she can be out there when she can't even land on a van roof without eating poo poo and almost breaking a leg.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Darke GBF posted:

:ohdear: I liked all three Blade movies...

For unpopular opinion #2, can Laurel get a training montage or a time skip or something? Watching her fight dudes with guns when she has a few weeks of boxing training and a nightstick is annoying as poo poo and takes me out of the action. She can't even do the sweetest flips imaginable like a certain other member of Team Arrow. Since even Oliver acknowledged her, she's obviously a permanent fixture going forward, so at least give me some handwaving to explain why she can be out there when she can't even land on a van roof without eating poo poo and almost breaking a leg.

No because Laurel's natural progression into the role of badass is much better

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
She's a true comic book character because her power level fluctuates depending on how much she believes in herself at any given moment.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Haha holy poo poo I need to re-watch Blade 3 now. :stonklol:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was going to post earlier about how much I liked it that Laurel kind of sucks at the job right now because all she really has is a little boxing training. Now that Ollie's accepted her as part of the team I imagine he'll be training her so she can eventually be at least as good as Roy is now.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I hope he's like "OK Laurel now that you're on the team Roy and I are going to fight some crime you sit here and slap this bowl of water for a few hours"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Hahaha jesus christ this is some loving nightmare fuel.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

She's a true comic book character because her power level fluctuates depending on how much she believes in herself at any given moment.

Which kind of explains Thea's fluctuating abilities. One moment she is going toe to toe with Merlyn, yet when fighting the DJ is defeated in a few moves. Either Merlyn's going easy on her or the DJ was an elite fighter. I hope to gods that it wasn't the latter.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

idoliside posted:

Which kind of explains Thea's fluctuating abilities. One moment she is going toe to toe with Merlyn, yet when fighting the DJ is defeated in a few moves. Either Merlyn's going easy on her or the DJ was an elite fighter. I hope to gods that it wasn't the latter.

He's not just her teacher and father, but one of the best fighters in the world. They fight with live blades. If he didn't go easy on her he'd kill her.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also isn't cyanide odourless?

Was it just the normal smell of red wine that reminded her of the conversation she had with Merlyn? If that's the case, she tried to kill him with absolutely zero proof anything was wrong and is a complete psycho!!!

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 13, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cyanide smells like burnt almonds.

You're thinking of iocaine powder

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I can totally buy that Thea would take all of her anger out on Merlyn. She expects her brother to be lovely and lie to her - not her biological father.Its a sudden shift but I bought into it.

I don't know if I bought Oliver deciding to tell Thea though. I'm glad the show finally went there, and Amell tried to sell the hell out of it. But Malcolm basically goes "hey man, you should tell her", Oliver protests a bit, and then... saunters over and tells her? The hell is that?

And I don't buy Felicity being back at Team Arrow. They played last week like a big huge "gently caress YOU I'M DONE!" moment. And this episode treated that conversation like it didn't exist, for no reason whatsoever. Sloppy writing, and the sort of stuff the show usually avoids.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You can't forget that finding out that Ollie is Arrow is a life changing revelation that puts everything that has happened to her in the last three years into a completely different context.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'd like to see the conversation between Ollie and Diggle after he told the truth to Thea. Since Diggle basically assumed (like most of us I guess) she'd never want to see him ever again and stuff.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I don't buy Felicity being back at Team Arrow. They played last week like a big huge "gently caress YOU I'M DONE!" moment. And this episode treated that conversation like it didn't exist, for no reason whatsoever. Sloppy writing, and the sort of stuff the show usually avoids.

That was kind of weird really. I was expecting that they would show Felicity hanging out with Palmer again, but instead she basically acted like the previous episode didn't happen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

imperialparadox posted:

That was kind of weird really. I was expecting that they would show Felicity hanging out with Palmer again, but instead she basically acted like the previous episode didn't happen.

Yeah except she went off on Ollie after Roy did.

Remember that whole plot line that was about Felicity realizing that she had to do her crime fighting work regardless? She's mad at Ollie but she's not going to quit. Again.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

zoux posted:

Yeah except she went off on Ollie after Roy did.

Remember that whole plot line that was about Felicity realizing that she had to do her crime fighting work regardless? She's mad at Ollie but she's not going to quit. Again.

Yeah, that's how I took it too. I thought there was some kind of previously established plot point like that but couldn't remember for sure, thanks for bringing it up.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Felicity being back but more on her own terms was pretty exactly much what I expected after the previous episode.

Arrow is back in form and that makes me happy!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope they have some kind of explanation in a later episode for why Laurel doesn't use the canary cry in every fight.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

King of Solomon posted:

Diggle not bothering to have a costume is great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I hope they have some kind of explanation in a later episode for why Laurel doesn't use the canary cry in every fight.

poo poo's expensive, yo.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spacebump posted:

It's pretty much the same issue in the comics. Black Canary could literally use the cry in every single fight and tear a wide swath through pretty much every villain in existence, but she prefers detective work and martial arts and only uses the cry in emergencies.

There's no real reason for it, but it makes it a lot more of an "oh poo poo" moment when she busts it out, so I'm willing to go along.

Also, the hell is she using as a weapon? A tonfar/nightstick? Broken part of Sarah's bo? It's really awesome but I swear I can't tell what it is.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

It's pretty much the same issue in the comics. Black Canary could literally use the cry in every single fight and tear a wide swath through pretty much every villain in existence, but she prefers detective work and martial arts and only uses the cry in emergencies.

There's no real reason for it, but it makes it a lot more of an "oh poo poo" moment when she busts it out, so I'm willing to go along.

Also, the hell is she using as a weapon? A tonfar/nightstick? Broken part of Sarah's bo? It's really awesome but I swear I can't tell what it is.

That's like Comic 101 though.

I mean, when they had the problems with Brick for 3 episodes why not just phone up your buddy Flash who could solve your issue in 2 minutes :smug:

Or how Ollie now refuses to kill people :argh:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Valeyard posted:

That's like Comic 101 though.

I mean, when they had the problems with Brick for 3 episodes why not just phone up your buddy Flash who could solve your issue in 2 minutes :smug:

Or how Ollie now refuses to kill people :argh:

They could always have her get tortured so badly that she can not use it anymore!

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Gaz-L posted:

poo poo's expensive, yo.

Speaking of which isn't oliver supposedly completely broke still? Diggle doesn't have a job (just his baby mama) and Roy doesn't really seem to work much at the club anymore...how can they afford this stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oroborus posted:

Speaking of which isn't oliver supposedly completely broke still? Diggle doesn't have a job (just his baby mama) and Roy doesn't really seem to work much at the club anymore...how can they afford this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
"Broke for Billionaires is a few million in off-shore accounts." - Stephen Amell, a Q&A.

• Locked thread