Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Biomod and Shifter aren't separate mods. Biomod is Shifter+

Yeah, but AFAIK Biomod isn't compatible with the latest Shifter release, so it'll just not work. Unless it got updated to function with 1.9.

Rosoboronexport posted:

And check that you have latest version of Deus Exe, only 6.2+ supports .int files which previously you had to put in the Deus Ex\System-folder and overwrite the original file.
Now just extract BioMod/Shifter into its own directory and check from Deus Exe that it has detected the directory.

Found the problem. Somehow the shortcut for Deus Exe I was using was leading me to version 4.2. One quick redownload and remake later, I can finally see the augs and everything is working as intended. Thanks a bunch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Transient People posted:

Yeah, but AFAIK Biomod isn't compatible with the latest Shifter release, so it'll just not work. Unless it got updated to function with 1.9.
They modify the same files, so it's literally impossible to mix them as an end user. It's one or the other, which is why Biomod includes most of the changes from Shifter. It's based on an older version of Shifter however, so anything that was added in 1.9 will not be present in Biomod. That's what people mean when they say the two are "compatible" or not.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Volt Catfish posted:

get pills against my orders

I... I... I thought you were a GEP Gun.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Anyone else always drink all of the beer, wine, and liquor in Hong Kong? There's so much of that poo poo in Hong Kong, especially in the Lucky Money Club map, that it's impossible for me to resist the urge to have JC suck down 50 wines and beers at once while robbing the Kwik-e-Mart and Lucky Money Club. Drinking that much completely wrecks poor JC's liver and kidneys, but it's worth it. I always hold it off until right before I leave Hong Kong so JC can wind down and party after loving up Versalife

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Volt Catfish posted:

get pills against my orders

get moving

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Here's something fun: if you have maxed Combat Strength aug and Master Low-Tech, you can destroy the welding points on the Wallcloud by hitting them with the Dragon's Tooth Sword. That's right, you can become so powerful that you can destroy vital parts of a ship just by hitting it really hard. Granted, the explosion that happens when you destroy a weld point will kill you no matter your health unless you have something like Ballistic Armor or the Ballistic Protection aug. I had maxed Enviornmental Training and plenty of Ballistic Armors when I did it, so the weld points just tickled me when they blow up. :v:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

closeted republican posted:

Here's something fun: if you have maxed Combat Strength aug and Master Low-Tech, you can destroy the welding points on the Wallcloud by hitting them with the Dragon's Tooth Sword. That's right, you can become so powerful that you can destroy vital parts of a ship just by hitting it really hard. Granted, the explosion that happens when you destroy a weld point will kill you no matter your health unless you have something like Ballistic Armor or the Ballistic Protection aug. I had maxed Enviornmental Training and plenty of Ballistic Armors when I did it, so the weld points just tickled me when they blow up. :v:

A nonlethal takedown is always the most nonlethal takedown.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I really wish I had a .txt file of all the random Deus Ex facts I've collected over the years because I would add that one to it

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Former Human posted:

I... I... I thought you were a GEP Gun.

WHO ARE YOU?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Here's another bit of trivia about DX that not a lot of people know about : in DX1, difficulty only affects how much damage you take from guns and blades. All other damage types, such as being set on fire, do the same damage to JC on every difficulty. The rumors about how Realistic makes enemies as weak as you is complete BS. The formula is:

Easy :1.0x damage
Normal.: 1.5x damage
Hard: 2.0x damage
Realistic: 4.0x damage

Source: http://www.offtopicproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95321#p95321

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Deus Ex is $1.39 for the rest of the weekend as part of their Square-Enix sale, perfect for spamming your Steam friends with gifted copies to make new converts. :angel:

It also applies to the entire franchise, if you need a DX fix and you've already played the poo poo out of Human Revolution then there are worse ways to spend $1.99 than the PC port of Deus Ex: The Fall.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I really wish I had a .txt file of all the random Deus Ex facts I've collected over the years because I would add that one to it

I blew people's minds a couple years back when I said the two people boning very loudly in the Ton when you come back to it later are the two hostages you save. If they die it's just silent.

You could also knock out Gunther if you put enough effort into it in Paris.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sleeveless posted:

Deus Ex is $1.39 for the rest of the weekend as part of their Square-Enix sale, perfect for spamming your Steam friends with gifted copies to make new converts. :angel:
Yay. I'm going to do just that.

quote:

It also applies to the entire franchise, if you need a DX fix and you've already played the poo poo out of Human Revolution then there are worse ways to spend $1.99 than the PC port of Deus Ex: The Fall.
Boo. There are worse ways to die than shooting yourself in the face, but I still wouldn't recommend it to people.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

I blew people's minds a couple years back when I said the two people boning very loudly in the Ton when you come back to it later are the two hostages you save. If they die it's just silent.

jfc stop it game. Stop it!

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I'm sure there's a thread for HR, but holy lol:

http://staggeringstewbum.tumblr.com/post/106969440663/part-one-climbing-the-murderhorn-so-i-just

:laffo:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

that's got nothing at all on http://it-he.org/deus.htm

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I don't even

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

wipeout posted:

I don't even

Where can I download this mod?

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett
http://imgur.com/a/bXMdi

yw

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That's dumb. Everybody knows that when JC Denton uses a computer or ATM or what have you, he is actually transforming himself into pure digital energy (which is green, naturally) and physically entering the computer's code. While hiding inside of the computer, you can wait while cameras reset and guards go back to their patrol routes.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Pressing the alt-fire button in Biomod loads extra shells into the barrel of a shotgun. :aaa: The was the most exciting DX related news I've come across lately.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

wh-

that is not how shotguns work

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yet.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah. Unless you have a degree in making future sci-fi shotguns, who are you to disagree? :colbert:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Remora posted:

wh-

Lining up shells in the barrel amplifies the power, just like lining up megaphones in that one episode of The Simpsons.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Reminder that Xcom has a pump-action laser shotgun

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If the Resident Evil movies have taught us anything, it's that you can just shove any ol' thing in the barrel of a shotgun and bam, instant bullets.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
the shotgun is augmented you goons

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Gyshall posted:

the shotgun is augmented you goons

Yeah. With more bullets.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I thought it was pretty obvious that the final shell explodes in the breach, acting as a propellant for the half-dozen other shells jammed into the barrel, which effectively exit the weapon as tumbling projectiles that may or may not burst into flames mid-flight, jettisoning their shot in erratic directions; I thought it was pretty obvious that steel is stronger in the future, and that the heat created from this terrific explosion is not enough to melt--nor even weaken--the integrity of the gun metal.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Good to know that terrific explosion heat cant melt future steel beams

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Remora posted:

wh-

I was never properly trained in its operation.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

dud root posted:

Good to know that terrific explosion heat cant melt future steel beams

LIBERTY ISLAND WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Deus Change

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
jet fuel can't melt copper and iron

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Don't think you know something about the Lady that I don't, pal.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

jojoinnit posted:

LIBERTY ISLAND WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Deus Change

I think you mean Loose Ex.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Carpet posted:

jet fuel can't melt copper and iron

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

I think you mean Loose Ex.

As kids we pronounced Deus to rhyme with loose because we didn't know any better so it works in that way :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jojoinnit posted:

As kids we pronounced Deus to rhyme with loose because we didn't know any better so it works in that way :kiddo:

I still think it sounds better that way :colbert: