Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Man, I've always been too lazy and cheap to get an avatar/title myself, who knew the secret was doing a lovely logo? Oh well, I'm sure I'll post something stupid eventually and then it's clear sailing to insulting avatartown :toot:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
wow and I even prefaced it by saying I was just scribbling out an illustration of an idea to get the E in there. but i guess it's funnier to go with the narrative that it was a serious effort

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
AngryCaterpillar's old avatar went with his posts so well and now you have ruined it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AngryCaterpillar posted:

wow and I even prefaced it by saying I was just scribbling out an illustration of an idea to get the E in there. but i guess it's funnier to go with the narrative that it was a serious effort

At least you didn't spend :10bux: on it, so you've got that on you.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ralph wiggum says the posts

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Ah, I didn't see the E until you pointed it out, that's actually pretty clever. They've just been going with a W for over a decade at this point though, safe to say that's how it'll stay.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

AngryCaterpillar posted:

If we're talking about being bad at saying WWE, let's just look at the logo

Obviously did this in 2 seconds but wouldn't something like this at least have made sense?

Whole Wide World Wrestling Entertainment

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

AngryCaterpillar posted:

If we're talking about being bad at saying WWE, let's just look at the logo

Obviously did this in 2 seconds but wouldn't something like this at least have made sense?

IMO, that's actually just cartoony enough to work for the kids content broadcasts v:shobon:v

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Probably a less awkward way to make the same effect would be to just curve the red swish that the actual logo has into a lower case e.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The E is in the space between the two Ws. It is negative space because Worst Wrestling Entertainment has never been entertaining. WCW 4 life you Up North losers!

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Spermgod posted:

AngryCaterpillar's old avatar went with his posts so well and now you have ruined it

I'd rather be Ralph Wiggum than Martin Prince

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

The E is in the space between the two Ws. It is negative space because Worst Wrestling Entertainment has never been entertaining. WCW 4 life you Up North losers!

Too sweet me MRT

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Fsmhunk posted:

I love this logo but I always think the lion kind of looks like he has a wonky eye.
HBK to NJPW confirmed.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Semprini posted:

Cena to NJPW confirmed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Memento posted:

Perry Saturn to NJPW confirmed.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Semprini posted:

Robert Gibson to NJPW confirmed.

Hoot Prime bouta show these new hoots what's up.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

If it's neon and John Cena can't even wear it with pride; we have a problem.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Smackdown this week was actually pretty enjoyable.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

West007 posted:

Smackdown this week was actually pretty enjoyable.

The tag team match, outside of the general idiocy of burying your tag division (but nobody cares so whatever), and the weird Acension segment, was far and away the best TV match WWE has put on in a long time.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It really put an emphasis on how WWE has like six tag teams right now and none them of them matter except the Usos.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
It's sad that the initial spoilers insinuated the Usos went out there twice to compete, and I believed it because really, what teams do they have to work with?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Rand McNally posted:

It's sad that the initial spoilers insinuated the Usos went out there twice to compete, and I believed it because really, what teams do they have to work with?

Catsaro

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rand McNally posted:

THE ASCENSION.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

so was the ascension supposed to be trying to curry favor with the authority or is it just that they naturally want to assault people and don't care about rules?

or both

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

dromal phrenia posted:

so was the ascension supposed to be trying to curry favor with the authority or is it just that they naturally want to assault people and don't care about rules?

The latter, probably.

Also yeah that Smackdown main event sounded silly on paper but played out real well.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

I wish Goldust would finally get to do the Shattered Dreams he always sets up.

I know ~*wrestling roolz*~ and all, but how was Shattered Dreams (and for that matter, any Atomic Drop) not a low blow DQ?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Atomic Drop is a spine compressor, not a ball shot

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dimebags Brain posted:

The tag team match, outside of the general idiocy of burying your tag division (but nobody cares so whatever), and the weird Acension segment, was far and away the best TV match WWE has put on in a long time.

They didn't really bury any team outside of Slater Gator.

Miz and Mizdow had a decent showing.
The Usos wrestled them to basically a draw for 20 minutes, before Daniel decided to kill one.
Los Matadores got a few spots in, but lost.
Slater Gator were squashed like the jobbers they already are.
The Ascension got DQd for repeatedly failing to listen to the referee, while looking like complete monsters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Everblight posted:

I know ~*wrestling roolz*~ and all, but how was Shattered Dreams (and for that matter, any Atomic Drop) not a low blow DQ?

Dustin's kicking the turnbuckle, not the groin. Same reason the 'drop toe hold one guy into headbutting the other dude's junk' isn't a DQ.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Everblight posted:

Probably for the same reasons closed-fist punches are against the rules, but... "Big Show with the KO Punch for the win!"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

E:^^^ Closed fist hasn't been against the rules in ages, if you want more info on that you can ask good ol' JR.

I thought Shattered Dreams actually was a low blow DQ, and he almost always did it while Marlena had the ref distracted?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It stopped being a DQ when he came back in 2002 or so, and it became a babyface spot.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

El Tortuga posted:

Probably for the same reasons closed-fist punches are against the rules, but... "Big Show with the KO Punch for the win!"

I'm not sure when they got rid of that rule, but I think SummerSlam 1992 had the Shawn Michaels/Rick Martel 'no punching in the face' rule. So ... before that?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ayn rand hand job posted:

They didn't really bury any team outside of Slater Gator.

Miz and Mizdow had a decent showing.
The Usos wrestled them to basically a draw for 20 minutes, before Daniel decided to kill one.
Los Matadores got a few spots in, but lost.
Slater Gator were squashed like the jobbers they already are.
The Ascension got DQd for repeatedly failing to listen to the referee, while looking like complete monsters.

It's the concept of a randomly thrown together team of singles dudes beating you entire tag division that's stupid.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dimebags Brain posted:

It's the concept of a randomly thrown together team of singles dudes beating you entire tag division that's stupid.

To be fair, The Megapowers ran through Demolition, Powers of Pain, Mega Bucks, Twin Towers, and Hart Foundation in like 15 minutes that one time on Saturday Night's Main Event.

No, they didn't, because that would've been stupid.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
d-bry & reigns vs. the alliance to end hulkamania BOOK IT

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Theshby posted:

d-bry & reigns vs. the alliance to end hulkamania BOOK IT

Can't, The Final Ultimate Solution is dead. :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress it, stick Brock in the triple cage and just send the entire roster in, one at a time, for him to murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

El Tortuga posted:

I've always justified it that a closed fist is "eye rake" illegal, not "steel chair shot" illegal. If you hit non-stop closed fists you'll get DQ'd, but one will just get you a warning.

• Locked thread