Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oroborus posted:

Speaking of which isn't oliver supposedly completely broke still? Diggle doesn't have a job (just his baby mama) and Roy doesn't really seem to work much at the club anymore...how can they afford this stuff.

Personally I hope they draw from the Mayor Queen comic storyline where he basically messes with the stocks of corporations he saw as corrupt. Also didn't they say that Oliver had his own personal stash of money that was outside of the Queen Co. trust fund?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Ollie's cost of living has got to be pretty low considering he is living with Thea, doesn't seem to own a car/pay for car insurance, gets free health care in the arrow cave, and doesn't have a social life. Beyond food his main expense might be arrows.

Assuming Roy isn't working, someone must be giving him money to pay rent. I assume rent in the Glades is really cheap especially after season 1.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They are all living the high life from the dollars Thea makes at her club.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Also, I'm pretty sure Diggle is still Ollie's bodyguard/driver with pay. And if they're taking down criminals, why not just take their assets as spoils of war?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Spacebump posted:

Beyond food his main expense might be arrows.

He probably makes them himself.

You'd think if a masked vigilante runs around putting arrows in people the police would first look for the guy that buys like 500 a month.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Now that the DJ is gone so is the club money :negative:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Valeyard posted:

Now that the DJ is gone so is the club money :negative:

BARRROWWMAN :argh:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

GreenNight posted:

Poor Thea. She is barely 20 years old and is already a small business owner with a deadbeat brother who is too engaged in his hobby to get a real job, her father is retired, and she provides employment to her friend who would otherwise not be working.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Scyantific posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure Diggle is still Ollie's bodyguard/driver with pay. And if they're taking down criminals, why not just take their assets as spoils of war?

Doesn't he do ARGUS contract work, too?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
His wife is still an agent there, certainly. And yeah, he may or may not still be getting a paycheck from Oliver.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sereri posted:

He probably makes them himself.

You'd think if a masked vigilante runs around putting arrows in people the police would first look for the guy that buys like 500 a month.

Pretty sure he said that he makes all his own arrows at one point. Maybe after his bow broke?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

If I remember right as part of the 1st season when Lance was trying to track down the Arrow they mentioned that they had sourced some of the parts (the shaft maybe?) but that it was just going to Queen Consolidated Applied Sciences.

RIP that bow. That thing owned.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It was pretty badass in the season 1 finale when Felicity's all "But Merlyn broke your bow!" and Ollie pulls out the one he used on the island and is all "I have another..."

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Thea is a job creator.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Narcissus1916 posted:

Thea is a job creator.

Unlike that jerk the Flash who steals jobs from the hard working painters union. Nobody likes a scab, Barry :argh:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I hope they have some kind of explanation in a later episode for why Laurel doesn't use the canary cry in every fight.

There wasn't an explanation of why Sarah didn't use it every fight so I wouldn't hold tor breath.
Probably for the reasons why we don't have an explanation of why Ollie doesn't use tazer or tranq arrows all the time - it would be boring.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm guessing we will have a future crossover where Cisco stops by and they ask him to take a look and the device and make some more, or when Ray gets roped in he will make them. Sara didn't seem to have too many with her when we saw what was left of her gear, and while Laurel may be a sub-par vigilante, I'm sure she is an even worse engineer.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

I'm guessing we will have a future crossover where Cisco stops by and they ask him to take a look and the device and make some more, or when Ray gets roped in he will make them. Sara didn't seem to have too many with her when we saw what was left of her gear, and while Laurel may be a sub-par vigilante, I'm sure she is an even worse engineer.

Well hey if Heatwave can learn how his gun works then Laurel could manage

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Heatwave is a pyromaniac though. Laurel isn't an audiophile. Or maybe she is and every canary cry requires a $5000 HDMI cable and $500 of crystals so it sounds right.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

Heatwave is a pyromaniac though. Laurel isn't an audiophile. Or maybe she is and every canary cry requires a $5000 HDMI cable and $500 of crystals so it sounds right.

She only has a limited supply since Radio Shack went under.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

bobkatt013 posted:

She only has a limited supply since Radio Shack went under.

Only because Ray bought their competitor and aggressively grew the brand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

It's pretty much the same issue in the comics. Black Canary could literally use the cry in every single fight and tear a wide swath through pretty much every villain in existence, but she prefers detective work and martial arts and only uses the cry in emergencies.

There's no real reason for it, but it makes it a lot more of an "oh poo poo" moment when she busts it out, so I'm willing to go along.

Also, the hell is she using as a weapon? A tonfar/nightstick? Broken part of Sarah's bo? It's really awesome but I swear I can't tell what it is.

In the comics she doesn't have to because she's one of the best fighters in the world. And the Canary Cry is extremely destructive.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

I can totally buy that Thea would take all of her anger out on Merlyn. She expects her brother to be lovely and lie to her - not her biological father.Its a sudden shift but I bought into it.

I don't know if I bought Oliver deciding to tell Thea though. I'm glad the show finally went there, and Amell tried to sell the hell out of it. But Malcolm basically goes "hey man, you should tell her", Oliver protests a bit, and then... saunters over and tells her? The hell is that?

And I don't buy Felicity being back at Team Arrow. They played last week like a big huge "gently caress YOU I'M DONE!" moment. And this episode treated that conversation like it didn't exist, for no reason whatsoever. Sloppy writing, and the sort of stuff the show usually avoids.

Oliver was ready to come clean to Thea back at Corto Maltese at the season's start because he figured he had already lost her. The dude has been very reluctantly prepared to tell her but he's always feared losing her. I hope there are some outtakes of them chilling back at her swank apartment, discussing the events of the timeline:

"Wait...so HOW was shooting Roy w/ an arrow going to stop him?"
"Stop living in the past Speedy."

"Does Walter know you're The Arrow?"
"Nope. Captain Lance doesn't know either."
"What about Diggle?"
"Dude was poisoned, I had to tell him when I saved his life."
"Yeah but, I was holding on to a balcony for dear life months ago and you didn't tell me then."
"Speedy..."
"Wait, what about that blonde chick with the glasses?"
"Felicity?"
"Yeah the one who is hot for you. Does she know?"
"I had to tell her when Mom shot me."
"Mom shot you? I thought she knew."
"She knew later."
"What about Malcom? When did he find out?"
"He guessed that the secret password to the lair is the 'shave-&-a-haircut' knock. That's how Nyssa got in."
"Who is Nyssa"
"Ras' daughter - Sara's ex lover."
"OMIGOD OLLIE !"
"WHAT!"
'I JUST REMEMBERED SARA'S DEAD!!!"
"WHAT? NO WAAAAAAY! WHEN?'
"From back when I shot her with an arrow!"
"..."

Which reminds me, Laurel and Sara both STILL don't know that Oliver is hiding this secret.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought Oliver told Laurel when he was doing his whole "Me, me happy me, me band of well, just me" routine before going off to fight Ra's get stabbed after Ra's humoured him.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This episode made me miss Caity Lotz even more. She has a physical presence in a fight and looks way more like a super hero than Laurel. I mean, that's kind of the point they were making, but goddamn. It should have been you, Laurel!

Things are actually happening and they're resolving storylines, but, man, none of it is memorable. The show has really gone the way of Nikita. Decent first season that ends up good, amazing second season and then it kinda trails off. There were two more seasons of that show, and I can barely remember any of it. :smith: I'm almost ready to give up and just tune in for the series finale where Ollie marries Felicity and gets a cheesy happy ending that doesn't quite seem right, and the only person they kill off is the character with the least amount of shippers behind them. (Diggle.)

Also I always want more questions to be asked when Ollie reveals his secret identity.
"Wait, what about that time early on when you were arrested for being the Arrow but the Arrow was still out there?"
"That was Dig."
"And wait, all that stuff with Deathstroke? Oh my god. Wait, and Roy? D-did you shoot Roy?"
"...Me and Roy have had a complicated relationship."
"And you attacked mom that one time! And me!"
"I got a bullet for the first one." (Weird how Moira never brought that up.)
"I mean I wondered about it sometimes, you always mysteriously disappear from the city and reappear in sync with the Arrow..."
"Can we go back to the part about me saving people?"
"And wait, what the hell happened with Sara?!"
"Uhhhh..."

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Does Laurel know about Thea's involvement in Sara's murder?

Nope - episode 9: Oliver confronts the truth and Oliver is in denial but departs to confront Ras. Meanwhile Laurel is off on her own revealing Sara's death to her mother, go goes all Old Testament w/ her reaction and green light's murder/revenge. Oliver gets beat by Ras.

*cue Christmas break, Santa comes & goes,happy 2015*

Episode 10: Team Arrow & Laurel are off doing their separate agendas. Laurel visits the arrow cave. Diggle tells Laurel that Oliver went to throw down w/ Ras & Roy informs her Malcolm claims Oliver is dead. Laurel declares Oliver will return. Lots of poo poo happens, Diggle turns to despair & declares Oliver dead to Laurel then wanders off a defeated soldier. Laurel takes Sara's tech and mask.

then everything else happens and nobody on Team Arrow gives Laurel the entire story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just saw on Facebook they announced some Funco Pop vinyl figures for the show. Ollie, Slade, Sara (you can tell because her costume shows her chest and Laurel's doesn't) and hoodless Ollie.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I just saw on Facebook they announced some Funco Pop vinyl figures for the show. Ollie, Slade, Sara (you can tell because her costume shows her chest and Laurel's doesn't) and hoodless Ollie.

There are also another two for Flash and Captain Cold.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Eddain posted:

There are also another two for Flash and Captain Cold.

Three, there is also a Reverse Flash. Unsurprising since it is the same figure with a different color scheme.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Marc Guggenheim says that the Oliver/Felicity relationship now has a 50/50 chance of happening

Naturally, the internet is making GBS threads itself. Shippers are seriously the worst thing to happen to TV :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They should make one for Roy that doesn't sit still and just flips all the time.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Scyantific posted:

Marc Guggenheim says that the Oliver/Felicity relationship now has a 50/50 chance of happening

Naturally, the internet is making GBS threads itself. Shippers are seriously the worst thing to happen to TV :(

Isn't Guggenheim one of the people that worked on Smallville?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Poor Oliver.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I wonder if Felicity gets shipped off to the Atom show if that happens.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

I wonder if Felicity gets shipped off to the Atom Flash show if that happens.

:colbert:

What's the longest time Ollie has been romantically involved with someone before something terrible happened? I have vague memories of him and Laurel in S1 but it's probably him and Sara before she runs back to the League right?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

What's the longest time Ollie has been romantically involved with someone before something terrible happened? I have vague memories of him and Laurel in S1 but it's probably him and Sara before she runs back to the League right?

If we're counting pre-show stuff, I'd say him and Laurel, until she started to get serious about moving in. Then he went and hosed up by loving Sara and "killing" her.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

He banged Laurel and it ruined his relationship with Tommy.
The longest is him and his baby momma and the only reason that happened is due to Moria getting them away from Ollie.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bobkatt013 posted:

He banged Laurel and it ruined his relationship with Tommy.
The longest is him and his baby momma and the only reason that happened is due to Moria getting them away from Ollie.

Uhhhh didn't he cheat on Laurel and have a one night stand with his baby momma this producing said baby?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

Uhhhh didn't he cheat on Laurel and have a one night stand with his baby momma this producing said baby?

Yes, but nothing horrible has happened to the two of them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno, getting pregnant off a one night stand is about as horrible as it gets.

• Locked thread