Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Ending an episode right after what looks like we just lost two main characters would be pretty dickish. I hope they do that.

Bring back Roundabout just for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am dreading hearing Kakyoin's theme right before ZA WARUDO cuts us to half a minute of silence before Kakyoin gets a hole in his chest.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Man I can not wait for the DIO fight and all this talk gets me so pumped for it.

I do hope they keep the OVA sound design for stopped time. Making it all echoey was such a good stylistic choice.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If there's one thing everyone can agree the old OVA did right, it was the DIO fight.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Moltrey posted:

The President of the United States just shotgunned a beer.

Part 7 is really good, you guys.

I laughed like a madman at that sequence. I really hate that fat smug prick already and he hasn't really done anything evil at the point i'm up to.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If there's one thing everyone can agree the old OVA did right, it was the DIO fight.

Did it? I replaced the road roller by a gas truck.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

KidDynamite posted:

I laughed like a madman at that sequence. I really hate that fat smug prick already and he hasn't really done anything evil at the point i'm up to.
Guy just wants to find Jesus, but Jesus was in his heart all long...

I love that Part 7 so far is just National Treasure but with the corpse of Jesus Christ and people turning into dinosaurs and shooting their fingernails

Pomp posted:

I am dreading hearing Kakyoin's theme right before ZA WARUDO cuts us to half a minute of silence before Kakyoin gets a hole in his chest.
oh god... kakyoin's theme is loving banging too... :ohdear:

One of the best things in the OVA is that whenever DIO stops time, there's a sound that's basically sounds like a racecar going by iirc before cutting to complete silence. Please bring that back

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Moltrey posted:

One of the best things in the OVA is that whenever DIO stops time, there's a sound that's basically sounds like a racecar going by iirc before cutting to complete silence. Please bring that back
Yeah, the sound design for that is so drat good. The racecar and echo-filled silence are both fantastic.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

T.G. Xarbala posted:

D'Arby too, right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

This page popped up on my timeline and I really want the anime to be at DIO's World now please.

I wonder if they'll censor that. It wouldn't make sense since they're just stating facts right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think this is different since they're talking about the actual singer Weird Al instead of a punchghost called Weird Al, thus there's no legal basis to claim that it'd be causing confusion. There's nothing against just namedropping a celebrity.

Edit: Also, Weird Al is a cool dude anyway. I can see him being okay with having a punchghost named after him.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Archenteron posted:

D'Arby too, right?

Well you can't really gently caress up D'Arby.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Well you can't really gently caress up D'Arby.

Jotaro hosed him up pretty badly.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RatHat posted:

I wonder if they'll censor that. It wouldn't make sense since they're just stating facts right?
I look forward to that scene in pt 6 with Mickey. Or rather, the notable lack of Mickey.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, Weird Al is a cool dude anyway. I can see him being okay with having a punchghost named after him.
Weird Al's powers are based off dumb puns of other Stands.

"I could really go for a sandwich right now."
"Magician's Bread will take care of that!"

"What's that noise? It sounds we're surrounded by frogs."
"Little do they know that this is the work of Kerosmith!"

"My boyfriend left me because he found out I wasn't a virgin..."
"Okay, no, too vulgar. Go visit Josuke."

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I think this is different since they're talking about the actual singer Weird Al instead of a punchghost called Weird Al, thus there's no legal basis to claim that it'd be causing confusion. There's nothing against just namedropping a celebrity.

Edit: Also, Weird Al is a cool dude anyway. I can see him being okay with having a punchghost named after him.

I think him saying no would almost be a little too ironic for that :v:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

God drat part 7 owns so much. Wekapipo is cool as heck. Cool fight and now an ally.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nessus posted:

I look forward to that scene in pt 6 with Mickey. Or rather, the notable lack of Mickey.

It ain't Jojo without Mickey!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is Araki taking the piss? Johnny constantly fires off all his nail bullets, runs out during inconvenient times, and he just had him turn around to nothing with the Jesus corpse whispering to him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews Oh My God!

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/30.html

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I really hope the credits kick in with Joseph and Avdol stuck on the railway tracks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Star Platinum posted:

I really hope the credits kick in with Joseph and Avdol stuck on the railway tracks.

Way too late in the story, I'm thinking either the escalator scene or after they're thrown out of the toilet window.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It ends moments before that bit.
You know the one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kurtofan posted:

Way too late in the story, I'm thinking either the escalator scene or after they're thrown out of the toilet window.

It can't end on the escalator scene. The preview already showed Avdol stopping a statue from crashing into Joseph, which occurs after that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It can't end on the escalator scene. The preview already showed Avdol stopping a statue from crashing into Joseph, which occurs after that.

Yeah so it's going to be right after the toilet scene then.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I guess they're also adding a Kakyoin scene? What could that be? Kakyoin just sitting in a hospital bed saying "drat I wish I could see"

e: It might be a scene of him getting discharged and being given a pair of shades.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I guess they're also adding a Kakyoin scene? What could that be? Kakyoin just sitting in a hospital bed saying "drat I wish I could see"

e: It might be a scene of him getting discharged and being given a pair of shades.

Kakyoin fighting Boingo. Both fight with handicap.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Moltrey posted:

Pretty much!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All of this filler is 110% designed with the sole malicious intent of making the deaths of the Crusaders even more painful. If there aren't a bunch of screen caps of tumblr break downs when Avdol and Iggy die, I'll be shocked. Kakyoin biting it shortly after will just be twisting the knife like a drill.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That doctor screwing with Kakyoin was terrible. :allears:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this episode brought to you by: smoking

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Aurain posted:

All of this filler is 110% designed with the sole malicious intent of making the deaths of the Crusaders even more painful. If there aren't a bunch of screen caps of tumblr break downs when Avdol and Iggy die, I'll be shocked. Kakyoin biting it shortly after will just be twisting the knife like a drill.

The Kakyoin scene is gonna be even more heartbreaking because it's prefaced in the manga with a thing explaining his inner motivations

so we're gonna get the announcer doing a little speech about how Kakyoin never fit in anywhere before, and how he's found the greatest friends he could have, and he'll do anything for them

then he's got a hole in his chest and he don't know why

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sounds like a good excuse to post a (bad) JoJo valentines card I made earlier.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Hey now.

He figures it out. Dude arguably was the one who beat Dio.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I legitimately forgot about Dio flicking Kakyoin's Emerald Splash with his bare hands. :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

The Kakyoin scene is gonna be even more heartbreaking because it's prefaced in the manga with a thing explaining his inner motivations

so we're gonna get the announcer doing a little speech about how Kakyoin never fit in anywhere before, and how he's found the greatest friends he could have, and he'll do anything for them

On top of that, his final thoughts are of his parents and he says goodbye to them. drat....

Kakyoin being ostracized as a kid because of having a Stand explains a lot. Dude's a weird loner and thinks licking cherries is normal and feeding poo poo to babies is fine.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I kinda wish that Kakyoin had lived.

But someone had to die in Stardust Crusaders, and I liked all of the cast so much that I wouldn't have wanted any of them to die. :smith:

Edit: Re-reading the final battle in Stardust Crusaders. "Draw pilgrim." :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 13, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kinda wish that Kakyoin had lived.

But someone had to die in Stardust Crusaders, and I liked all of the cast so much that I wouldn't have wanted any of them to die. :smith:

The anime has definitely made me appreciate these characters more. When Avdol gets Iced, I really didn't care since he felt kind of bland in the manga. I felt bad for Iggy cause he's a dog...

The finale is gonna be rough and I think once Kakyoin bites it, people will really come around on Last Train Home if they're not already.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How often do you get a series of something where the quality keeps a consistent upward curve when it reaches its end?

Even SBR and DIU have little bits where they sort of lose some steam before they reach their climaxes (which are amazing as all hell) but Egypt kind of keeps a consistent upward arc from here on out in the Anime (and if you're not crazy for Sethan, it will start at D'Arby)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

How often do you get a series of something where the quality keeps a consistent upward curve when it reaches its end?

Even SBR and DIU have little bits where they sort of lose some steam before they reach their climaxes (which are amazing as all hell) but Egypt kind of keeps a consistent upward arc from here on out in the Anime (and if you're not crazy for Sethan, it will start at D'Arby)

An acquaintance was reading through stardust crusaders and found himself really enjoying it until D'arby the Gamer because it was just a fight through playing video games. I liked the D'arby fights but I can see why someone expecting more brutal physical action would see mindgame fights as bland, especially since the person in question likes battle tendency way more which was definitely more physical in its fights compared to stuff like D'arby Jr & Sr

• Locked thread