Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
My gear right now for Magick Archer is:
DF Chilling Razors, 3 Star Frigid Fingers, 3 Star Dragon's Quickening
GF Golden Lion Helm, DF Patterned Gambeson, 3 Star Votary's Robe, DF Trophy Bracers and Boots, DF Silver Hosen, and a GF Sovereigns Mantle.

As for Augments:
Sinew, Leg Strength, Attunement, Bastion, Awareness, Dexterity. (I can't really find any others that would help that much :shrug:)

I have 756 Str and 997 Mag for the daggers, 1197 Mag for the staff, 965 for the bow, and my defenses are 761 phys and 662 magic at level 110.

As for strategy, Ninefold Bolt/Explosive Rivet if Ricochet Hunter isn't viable and wailing the gently caress out of people if Magic isn't doing too well, all while on fire. I try to be on fire any time I melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You should dragonforge your stuff. The BBI dragons have better Dragonforge rates than their normal counterparts. I think the Undead Dragon has an especially good chance, too? And then go to Barroch and go even higher

HnK416 posted:

As for Augments:
Sinew, Leg Strength, Attunement, Bastion, Awareness, Dexterity. (I can't really find any others that would help that much :shrug:)
You should get the Sorcerer magic attack and casting speed ones, too. Also get the wyrmking ring if you aren't already using it.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Find the tower with the lone chained gorecyclops, clear it and if a cursed dragon doesn't pop put down a bait. Wait for them to duke it out until the cursed dragon is down to 1 hp and then kill it in one shot.

The above assumes you're unable to take one down yourself.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Are you having trouble with the room with the two gorecyclopses and the fuckload of evil pawns? Cuz yeah, that room was hard as balls, way harder than everything else after it.

Nahxela posted:

You should get the Sorcerer magic attack and casting speed ones, too. Also get the wyrmking ring if you aren't already using it.

I also liked the warrior one that increases your strength, the one that ups your resistance to ailments, and the one that gives pawns more health when you revive them since they die so often in the bonus dungeon.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Urrrg, I've killed the online Ur Dragon 3 times now and I still haven't gotten a lambent shield. And now the game's mocking me by spawning in pawns who are wearing it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Chilling razors are kind of poo poo. Did you not get Dragon's Pain/Dragon's Vein? Helmbarte are the best daggers in the game, IIRC. Mine do something like 1500 damage?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Framae Blades are the best daggers.

I took all of the weapon stats from http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com and dumped them into a spreadsheet. All stats are dragonforged. If you want to know what the silver and gold stats are, you'll have to look them up. click the name of the weapon

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B585JAiuIU_WR2tpNGJjeEdCbGM/view?usp=sharing

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 7, 2015

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Anyone else having issues with server connectivity today? Talking to shopkeepers or entering the rift or online Ur-Dragon causes like 45 seconds of delay while it tries to connect and fails. I've heard of this happening if you get banned from trading by reloading a previous save, but I haven't done that.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

Framae Blades are the best daggers.

I took all of the weapon stats from http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com and dumped them into a spreadsheet. All stats are dragonforged. If you want to know what the silver and gold stats are, you'll have to look them up. click the name of the weapon

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B585JAiuIU_WR2tpNGJjeEdCbGM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks, man. That's handy to have!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

More DDO screenshots

Also some Dengeki scans with Job and NPC info if you speak Japanese.

Still looks like it plays like Dragons Dogma.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
My first thought when looking at the screenshots was "Okay, what in the picture are the pawns going to comment on?"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Honestly, when I read "Dragon's Dogma Online" I was expecting something much worse.

Eliirae
Mar 30, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

My first thought when looking at the screenshots was "Okay, what in the picture are the pawns going to comment on?"

"What a large tree"

"Be careful you aren't soaked in water!"

A true dragma fan would know this :colbert:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

PunkBoy posted:

I wonder what they'll say in this one.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Im_Special posted:

I wonder what they'll say in this one.

:mad::mad::mad: : No use in swinging blindly!

:( : Guys, I'm trying, but these wolves are so fa--

:mad::mad::mad: : Git gud, scrub

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

FutonForensic posted:

:mad::mad::mad: : Git gud, scrub

Ah, clever. They were players all along!

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

I want to play this game right now please.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The pawns aren't going to talk as much as they used to because they aren't going to exist as much as they used to.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Shield guy has me worried that there won't be a mystic knight anymore.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I think someone else mentioned that Shield Sage might be their name for Mystic Knight? Not sure how true that is.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Nahxela posted:

I think someone else mentioned that Shield Sage might be their name for Mystic Knight? Not sure how true that is.

Yeah he uses a giant shield and casts spells through his mace, so he's a Mystic Knight.

I'm waiting to see if Warrior is coming or it's just these four at launch.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Ah, clever. They were players all along!

On playthrough 2 all pawns talk mad poo poo.

"CC dumbass, while I gather these berries, you piece of poo poo"

"Look at this rock I found, it's smarter than you"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nahxela posted:

That was actually my first thought too, but then I remembered that on the pawn community site they actually just wrote Mystic Knight in katakana: ミスティック ナイト. Even on the "english" portal. I'm thinking it will be something like a mystic knight without the sword.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

On playthrough 2 all pawns talk mad poo poo.

"CC dumbass, while I gather these berries, you piece of poo poo"

"Look at this rock I found, it's smarter than you"

Ha ha

'Tis weak to :iceburn:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

Yeah he uses a giant shield and casts spells through his mace, so he's a Mystic Knight.

I'm waiting to see if Warrior is coming or it's just these four at launch.

If so I hope it's bumped to having the same number of skill slots all the other classes have, instead of literally half for some reason.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Supreme Allah posted:

If so I hope it's bumped to having the same number of skill slots all the other classes have, instead of literally half for some reason.

...huh? MKs can have six skills equipped at a time, just like everyone else.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Walrus Pete posted:

...huh? MKs can have six skills equipped at a time, just like everyone else.
He means Warriors, which only have three for some reason.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

SoggyBobcat posted:

He means Warriors, which only have three for some reason.

Oh, whoops. Didn't read the second half of the post he was responding to. My bad! :downs:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
New trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc16u34gl5k

It's dragon's dogma with way more cutscenes. Also somebody has been watching some LoTR.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Should, seriously, not have to shoot the lowest tier of goblin in the head that much with a bow and arrow to kill it.

Why the hell are they making this online again? If this was a true sequel (and one that was coming West) Capcom would be warming up the money printers about now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

As I recall, they were hinting at a war with goblins in the first game. I remember that one goblin king dude getting away.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Lotish posted:

As I recall, they were hinting at a war with goblins in the first game. I remember that one goblin king dude getting away.

they were, but also you can jump out the window after him and kill his rear end. there's even a special cutscene for it where it shows him dying!

the new goblin/orc boss looks pretty much like a bigger retextured version of that dude too

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One thing to notice from that trailer is that the lip sync is not fitting the Japanese voices at all. It was the same thing with the original, it's meant to be in English.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I was thinking the same thing.

I have a friend who does not give a poo poo about Online or what, he will buy a PS4 and would gladly pay full console game price for this game.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just picked up DD in the Xbox Live sale, and I'm having a blast with it so far.

If anybody is still playing the Xbox version, I'd love to have some new pawns to hire!
My GT is ZombieSecurity

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Some new screenshots of Dragma Online, but I like this one in particular:

Look at that guy on the right side of the table.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Really curious as to what's up with that ancient dragon. I forget, aren't the great dragons former arisens or something?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

FutonForensic posted:

Really curious as to what's up with that ancient dragon. I forget, aren't the great dragons former arisens or something?

Fallen ones but yes, Daimon was an Arisen that rejected the Dragon's Call entirely and slowly got corrupted.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Was there more than one arisen running around the world in the game, I couldn't really tell precisely. Sometimes they'd say stuff as though Arisen were a dime a dozen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

Was there more than one arisen running around the world in the game, I couldn't really tell precisely. Sometimes they'd say stuff as though Arisen were a dime a dozen.

There's only ever one real Arisen (not counting Arisens that ran away like the Duke or the dude in the cave), but there's plenty of charlatans around.

• Locked thread