Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

uPen posted:

The back button exits the app in the new beyondpod.

What do you want the back button to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What do you want the back button to do?
To be fair, Pocket Casts does the same thing. Most people have become accustomed to the back button going back a view but with PC if you change the view in the navigation menu hitting back will just exit the app instead of going through the previous views on the way out. It's the only app I have where I have to use the Up button to move around.

Maybe BeyondPod does it differently, I don't know.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Beyondpod goes through until you're back at the default screen and then hitting back again exits the app. That's sensible isn't it? :shrug:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I downloaded Tasker and I'm trying to make a script that'll launch the Google Camera in place of the Moto X camera, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Here's what I'm trying to set it to (which is what I've seen from reading about it online): Launch Moto camera > kill Moto Camera > launch Google Camera.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Magog posted:

Beyondpod goes through until you're back at the default screen and then hitting back again exits the app. That's sensible isn't it? :shrug:

The default screen used to be a list of podcasts, now it's the podcast you're currently viewing.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

uPen posted:

The default screen used to be a list of podcasts, now it's the podcast you're currently viewing.

True.

The thing that trips me up more is that the add to playlist button doesn't show up in feed view unless you add the episode to my episodes first, I don't really get why I need 'my episodes' anyway.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

EvolveSMS is acting up and crashing every time I try to open it right now so I flipped to hangouts. It seems to be visually busier and I don't really care for it right now. I guess it needs to be busy for people who have advanced beyond SMS? I dunno. It's less lovely than the stock Samsung message app so I'm gonna use it until Evolve sorts itself out.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Len posted:

EvolveSMS is acting up and crashing every time I try to open it right now so I flipped to hangouts. It seems to be visually busier and I don't really care for it right now. I guess it needs to be busy for people who have advanced beyond SMS? I dunno. It's less lovely than the stock Samsung message app so I'm gonna use it until Evolve sorts itself out.
There's always Messenger if you don't need Hangouts/Google Voice.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Len posted:

I'm a big fan of Textra personally.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

uPen posted:

But you can change that in the settings.

Oh Lordy Lord
Dec 31, 2004

Does anyone know of a widget that would allow me to control the Sony Xperia Z3's equalizer/ClearAudio+ toggle/sound settings without having to navigate menus? My car speakers are touchy and sometimes I have to adjust depending on the genre I'm listening to. Having a quick toggle would help a lot.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Is there a way to delete SMS messages older than a month? Looking at the hangouts app, I just see an option to delete old ones as memory gets low. Id rather it just cleans up now and again.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

wooger posted:

So, pocket casts currently has a horrible bug (at least for me on Nexus 5 stock 5.0.1), where it loses playback position regularly and restarts podcasts from the beginning. Even ones I only paused for 30 seconds. It's killing me.

LastInLine posted:

I'm having the same problem. Did you report it to the developers?

Turn off the PocketCasts online account syncing. I had this same bug, and that fixed it for me. Their syncing algorithm is implemented in a really buggy way that will reset your poo poo because it isn't using timestamps properly.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

ErIog posted:

Turn off the PocketCasts online account syncing. I had this same bug, and that fixed it for me. Their syncing algorithm is implemented in a really buggy way that will reset your poo poo because it isn't using timestamps properly.

I'll give it a try, thanks. Though I guess that means the web GUI will still working.

If this is true, hope the developers are already aware.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

wooger posted:

I'll give it a try, thanks. Though I guess that means the web GUI will still working.

If this is true, hope the developers are already aware.
I'm assuming you mean "stop working". Considering that's my only reason for using the app, well, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
I'm looking for a radio alarm clock app, and I guess the way I want it to work is kind of specific.
  • Set an alarm
  • Turns on the radio at the set time
  • If a button is pressed, keep playing the radio until turned off
  • If a button is not pressed, turn on a secondary alarm (like a loud beeping?) after a certain amount of time
Does something like this exist?

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
My HTC One M8 is downloading the Lollipop update! (I wish it would use data instead of wifi; we have an el-cheapo internet plan and even Sprint's LTE is faster.)

Anybody had any problems with it? I think there was at least one other M8 user here.

Edit: upgraded to 5.0.1. HTC kept the old icons, no PlayStation controls here even after a reboot. I'll report back if I find something egregious.

effika fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 12, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Just a heads up there there's a whole bunch of free apps available today in the Amazon App Store.

It's a mix of games and apps.If nothing else, you should probably at least grab 80 Days, as I hear that's a great game.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

effika posted:

My HTC One M8 is downloading the Lollipop update! (I wish it would use data instead of wifi; we have an el-cheapo internet plan and even Sprint's LTE is faster.)

Anybody had any problems with it? I think there was at least one other M8 user here.

Edit: upgraded to 5.0.1. HTC kept the old icons, no PlayStation controls here even after a reboot. I'll report back if I find something egregious.

I've not had one issue with it at all after a week or so.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I have a question. I bought a Bluetooth speaker, paired it with my Note3 and when I play stuff through it it plays from both my phone and the speaker. Is there a way to change this? Seems odd to me that I can't just have it play sound from my Bluetooth.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. :)

Eikre
May 2, 2009
So I'm playing a game with daily rewards, and it's susceptible manipulation of the system clock. I am cheesing the gently caress out of it.

I wanna widget on my home screen that will advance the system clock by one day, so I can tap the home button, tap the widget, tap the game icon, and keep playing without navigating the android settings menu.

Is that possible? I can invoke a temp-root if it helps.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What are the cool kids using for browsers? I am using Chrome but not completely happy with it. Big tablet screen if it makes a difference. 12.2 note pro.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

slidebite posted:

What are the cool kids using for browsers? I am using Chrome but not completely happy with it. Big tablet screen if it makes a difference. 12.2 note pro.

If not Chrome, Firefox.

Strange thing is Firefox is significanty faster on the N7 (2012) than Chrome... but there's no problem on my S3, and therefore no reason to change.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I will give ff a try again, I guess I am just used to desktop browsers. Is there a way to set a homepage in Chrome so it opens there instead of the page that was open when you closed it?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm using Dolphin because it comes with Flash.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Who uses flash in 2015?

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

So after reading about people not having problems with Beyondpod I'm wondering about an issue that started recently for me with it. Basically earphone/microphone controls are really not playing well with it anymore. If I don't play anything for more than 5-15 minutes (haven't timed it but it seems to vary a bit) then hitting play/pause on the headset won't do anything and I have to unlock and play from the app. This also happens if I unplug the headphones. Except for when it just keeps playing from the phone but that's not usually.

It's also stopped playing well with phone call interrupts, though I think that's more down to OS issues. Basically after a call the audio will stay on the phone but the podcast will resume playing so there's no sound. Only way to get audio playing back is to restart the app. I've got a Nexus 5 with Lollipop if that helps at all.

On a more general point put me in the camp that doesn't get the whole 'My episodes' thing. I have episodes I have queued, downloaded or played/not played. Why do I need another category of episodes I have to manually add everything recent from a podcast to as well?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Skarsnik posted:

Who uses flash in 2015?

Well, until very recently, YouTube. (Hey, you didn't specify mobile...)

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Skarsnik posted:

Who uses flash in 2015?

People who want access to Amazon instant video on unsupported devices.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Skarsnik posted:

Who uses flash in 2015?

Tons of places.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Manky posted:

People who want access to Amazon instant video on unsupported devices.

Assuming the battery holds out for the entire movie or the phone is plugged in, do these people hold their phones with oven mitts? I can't imagine how goddamn hot they must get with that much poo poo going on.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

UC Browser has the same HTML 5 compatibility as Firefox and has a great video player. Firefox is nice too but I'm used to just go with Opera for normal browsing.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Tons of places.
And yet I have never been presented with a broken site on mobile since Flash support was dropped. I don't hear a lot of complaints from the iOS side of things either. I can't imagine why, given how lovely Adobe is in general and Flash is in particular, anyone would willingly seek out Flash to have on mobile.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I think the only time I still run into flash is for videos, especially live streams. Those types of sites usually have a dedicated app though.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

LastInLine posted:

And yet I have never been presented with a broken site on mobile since Flash support was dropped. I don't hear a lot of complaints from the iOS side of things either. I can't imagine why, given how lovely Adobe is in general and Flash is in particular, anyone would willingly seek out Flash to have on mobile.

Your experience is not the same as his, clearly.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Tons of places.

I must be using a different internet to you

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Your experience is not the same as his, clearly.
No doubt. I guess I'm living life right though if I don't have Adobe in it.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone has recommendation on a widget app that can show data usage for the current billing cycle?

Preferably minimal design. Everything is so ugly.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

FAUXTON posted:

Assuming the battery holds out for the entire movie or the phone is plugged in, do these people hold their phones with oven mitts? I can't imagine how goddamn hot they must get with that much poo poo going on.

I was reinstalling my OS on my desktop the other day and watched three movies (plugged in) on Prime while setup was running and updates were installing without any real heat issue on my S5 Active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is there a good craigslist app?

• Locked thread