Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

They HAVE the second coming, in Charlotte, assuming Dunn doesn't poison the well because she doesn't look like a Playmate.

good news -- it looks like her boobs have mysteriously gotten bigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Nessus posted:

My only worry is that if like, Finn Balor made the transition, instead of being some dude who could feud legitimately with Bray Wyatt or something, he'd be a lovely gag jobber.

I'm dreading the commentary as well.

"He's a GOOFBALL, Maggle! Look at him! He thinks he's in some kind of fantasyland!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Piss in my rear end posted:

good news -- it looks like her boobs have mysteriously gotten bigger

It looked more like a really... supportive... top to me. Like, there was a close-up on Takeover and I was like "Is she wearing a push-up bra?"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Delsaber posted:

I'm dreading the commentary as well.

"He's a GOOFBALL, Maggle! Look at him! He thinks he's in some kind of fantasyland!"
IDK, he doesn't HAVE to do the paint. But it would be great if he did, I think he'd be way more compelling than Wyatt in that role. Maybe I'm just a fat phobe though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

It looked more like a really... supportive... top to me. Like, there was a close-up on Takeover and I was like "Is she wearing a push-up bra?"

nah remember when she was out recently due to a minor injury? that was a boob job

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

nah remember when she was out recently due to a minor injury? that was a boob job

Aren't you thinking of Eva Marie?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

can you wrestle with rear end implants?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It'd enhance your Stinkface.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Maybe she can get an medical exemption for noassitol.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

Here's an interesting thing that's ~not~ from that metsfan guy. Bryan said during his review of the NXT special that he got a message from a WWE guy talking about how main roster guys are getting unhappy that they have to be "entertaining" on TV while the NXT guys can just go out and wrestle. They're not mad at anyone in particular, they're unhappy that they don't get to show what they can do on WWE TV while people in developmental get to put on 4-star matches every week. Particularly the women wrestlers are angry that their TV matches are 2-minute rollupfests while womens' matches on NXT will be co-main events and get plenty of time.

If only every single one of those people were universally vocal about this sentiment at the same time.

Though I suppose that would require one of these.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Daniel Bryan was the tag team champions prior to the shield, so it makes for him to still be the dominant tag team in the WWE

No, KANE was the tag team champions!

He was also teaming with a man who literally cannot be lifted because he's too big. So how could Bryan defeat them both?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Everyone's the same height in the Yes Lock. :smugbert:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I mean the telling thing about the financials is that the haemorrhaged money on Cost of Sales, so all the extra Revenue they got was eaten. Like as a rule, it's really really unreliable to judge a company by revenue changes alone.

At a glance I don't think the company would put network setup costs in CoS since it's an investment expense and isn't anything to do with actually moving the product in front of them. So all the free months that they're doing are basically taking a dump on Gross Profit which is around $10m down on where it was in 2013. Then you add the network expense and you're hit with a $50m loss before tax vs a $5m gain before tax in prior year.

What's interesting is in Q4 they lost $11.9m before tax in 2013 and this time they only lost $3.5m. If that's because the network isn't making GBS threads itself then they might actually rake back the loss that they've made. But if they keep on having to throw out free months to keep people going it's going to end up lossmaking no matter how many subscribers they claim to have.

I mean in all honesty, what I'd absolutely kill for is a full breakdown of the Cost of Sales figure.

When you have people that sperg like this, can they even enjoy wrestling anymore in the way it's supposed to be (dumb entertainment)? I'm not asking you, Yorkshire Tea because I already know your answer, but I imagine a ton of people who obsess and complain about wrestling like this but still watch to be largely on the autism spectrum.

quote:

I mean in all honesty, what I'd absolutely kill for is a full breakdown of the Cost of Sales figure.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sticklefifer posted:

I don't get how you have Kidd/Cesaro beat the Usos on Monday and then don't include them in a match featuring the whole tag division on the next show.

Though I guess New Day and the Dusts weren't there either, so they actually do have quite a few tag teams (at least 8), now if only they gave a poo poo about the division.
I think they were already out in the Middle East when they were taping Smackdown

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They actually see balor as a future main event talent already. I wouldn't worry about him.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A totally original and refreshing idea would be to have Balor/Owens/Zayne/Itami/Neville get called up to WWE as some sort of indie super faction who terrorize and feud with a big star like John Cena or Roman Reigns (or both omg can u imagine :ohdear:) for a couple months so we can watch who is willing to grab the brass ring and who just couldnt cut the mustard.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

super macho dude posted:

A totally original and refreshing idea would be to have Balor/Owens/Zayne/Itami/Neville get called up to WWE as some sort of indie super faction who terrorize and feud with a big star like John Cena or Roman Reigns (or both omg can u imagine :ohdear:) for a couple months so we can watch who is willing to grab the brass ring and who just couldnt cut the mustard.

It makes me wish they never did the Nexus thing because the cream of the crop in NXT is so much better top-to-bottom than the group that had Heath Slater and Michael Tarver.

I guess DB getting fired and Skip getting injured hurt them a bit, and there's no one in this crew who's as good as Barrett on the mic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno. Owens and Sami are different than Barrett on the mic, but they're good at the kind of promos they do.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I unironically think that faction idea would be pretty cool, just not the feuding with Cena thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can I also point out how insane (or... inZayn... huh, huh? :haw:) it is that Sami Zayn wrestled for like a decade under a mask?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Or the fact that he got over by almost never speaking a lick of english (or coherent spanish for that matter)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fat Lowtax posted:

It makes me wish they never did the Nexus thing because the cream of the crop in NXT is so much better top-to-bottom than the group that had Heath Slater and Michael Tarver.

I guess DB getting fired and Skip getting injured hurt them a bit, and there's no one in this crew who's as good as Barrett on the mic.

It's tough to get a full estimation of how Owens' mic skills will be affected in WWE, but he's better than Barrett imo

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Can I also point out how insane (or... inZayn... huh, huh? :haw:) it is that Sami Zayn wrestled for like a decade under a mask?

If you want a laugh, google "El Generico unmasked" and read the many breathless articles about what a travesty it was to not have him wrestle as a luchador:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1598990-wwes-strange-choice-to-unmask-and-rename-el-generico

quote:

WWE has not only stripped off El Generico's mask, but by repackaging him, the company has devalued him.

Canadian faux-luchador and indy star El Generico (real name: Rami Sabei) is now wrestling for WWE's NXT as Sami Zayn. Zayn as Generico was an explosion of energy in the ring, a performer whose tongue-in-cheek gimmick was one of the more entertaining things in independent wrestling.

WWE has decided to morph him into something else, something more, for a lack of a better term, generic.

Gone is the mask. Gone is the fake Spanish he spoke. Gone, for the most part, are the "Ole!" chants.

[...]

Turning El Generico into the unmasked Zayn sucks the fun out of his character and leaves a nondescript athletic wrestler in its stead.

El Generico would have been a great comic wrestler in the tradition of Hurricane Helms. He would have excelled in backstage segments or as an amusing addition to Raw or SmackDown's in-ring action.

What does Sami Zayn offer?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"What does Sami Zayn offer?"

A possible Wrestlemania main eventer?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

"What does Sami Zayn offer?"

A possible Wrestlemania main eventer?

I can't see that ever happening, but then again I also would've said that about Bryan not too long ago so hopefully I'm wrong again.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nessus posted:

It'd enhance your Stinkface.

Actually, John, she calls that move the Rear View.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I think Zayn has a significantly better chance of headlining Wrestlemania than Bryan did. So, considering how Bryan ended up, Zayn should have a 110% chance

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sami could have been the next Hurricane, though!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

I can't see that ever happening, but then again I also would've said that about Bryan not too long ago so hopefully I'm wrong again.

He's got a lot more chance than Generico would've.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

oatgan posted:

You should watch Survivor Series 98 again sometime because lol no

Shane McMahon stopping at the count of 2 to slowly give Austin two middle fingers, with Austin's eyes going wide, is one of the greatest things ever, and completely makes up for all the bad wrestling.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Red posted:

Shane McMahon stopping at the count of 2 to slowly give Austin two middle fingers, with Austin's eyes going wide, is one of the greatest things ever, and completely makes up for all the bad wrestling.
It was the first month of wrestling I had ever seen and it was amazing.
Why did Mr. McMahon betray Mankind like that? :kiddo:

Rewatching today it's an unbearable show with no good matches.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Survivor Series '98 is great for the sports entertainment stuff, but not so much for the professional wrestling.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

That was my first month too, my first Rumble was '99...

I'm surprised I'm not a more broken person.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Me too, holy poo poo.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The first wrestling thing I ever watched was Rock/Austin at WMX7.

So good on me starting with the greatest match of all time.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I never got worked harder than Survivor Series 98. When The Rock beat Mankind in that finish I reacted like George Brett in the pine tar game. I couldn't believe it. I was the Mankind mark of all marks (still am, got an autographed socko in a frame even) and when he got screwed, oh man, I can't believe I did not punch a hole in the wall. If there was a youtube video of my reaction it would have like 20 million views. It was some shameful poo poo.

The wrestling on that PPV was not great, but the storytelling was great. The Rock's turn to the corporation blindsided me, but looking back they telegraphed it perfectly. Even that night they gave a hint every match.
1) Rolls up Big Bossman in like 10 seconds
2) Big Bossman "accidentally" threw the nightstick to Rocky
3) Kane got the Undertaker DQ'd
4) The sharpshooter screwjob finish causing a young Ribsauce to run punch his couch 50 straight times then run around his room pissed off like the mark of all time.

PS I "watched" this and every other WWE pay per view on scrambled cable, it was like the radio. Thank god JR was calling the action back then instead of these morons we have now.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Waaa? Rey Mysterio won the tournament but John Cena invoked his rematch on Rey the same night for some reason and won the WWE Championship belt (not title because Punk had that in his fridge).

Actually what the gently caress was the point of the tournament they should have just handed Cena the title like when Bischoff literally gave Triple H The Big Gold Belt.

The Cosby Mysteries fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 14, 2015

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The first wrestling thing I ever watched was Rock/Austin at WMX7.

So good on me starting with the greatest match of all time.

My first was WM IX. :smith:

So good on me for starting with the worst Undertaker WM match of all time.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Waaa? Rey Mysterio won the tournament but John Cena invoked his rematch on Rey the same night for some reason and won the WWE Championship belt (not title because Punk had that in his fridge).

Actually what the gently caress was point of the tournament they should have just handed Cena the title like when Bischoff literally gave Triple H The Big Gold Belt.

woosh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Who can take Rey seriously as the champ?! He's TOO SMALL! HOW CAN HE BEAT MARK HENRY?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I just realized that no NXT callup has gotten over that didn't debut in a stable or faction.

• Locked thread