Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Larryb posted:

I really hope Professor Harley sticks around for a while, he's just so drat lovable. The actor's voice sounds familiar though, was he the scientist from the first episode of Super-1?

He was. Not only that, he was Santa Claus in Kakuranger, and the saw monster in Dairanger.

He's basically the only Japanese man with a huge bushy beard, and his name is Wolf. He's the best forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynameishong
May 5, 2013
New to the whole "actually waiting for a new episode to be translated instead of just watching the episodes once they're all finished" thing. When do new episodes usually come out with subs? I wanna know when the last two ToQger episodes are out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mynameishong posted:

New to the whole "actually waiting for a new episode to be translated instead of just watching the episodes once they're all finished" thing. When do new episodes usually come out with subs? I wanna know when the last two ToQger episodes are out.

You're in luck, the penultimate episode just dropped over at O-T. They usually have Sentai up on the Tuesday-Wednesday after it airs, so its a bit earlier than I expected this week.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Holy poo poo they hit Zed with all of the trains at once and he barely even flinched.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

jivjov posted:

You're in luck, the penultimate episode just dropped over at O-T. They usually have Sentai up on the Tuesday-Wednesday after it airs, so its a bit earlier than I expected this week.

Speaking of OT and releases, is there any word on a Drive batch, or has anyone made one? My hard drive had died at around episode 2-3 or something, and manually downloading them feels like a chore. :v:

Then again, I COULD watch the stuff I already have rather than downloading a bunch of more... Nah.

VV: That seems about right, thanks. I'm downloading Go-Busters from a 1-24 batch actually, I should have known. Might have confused it with T-N's Kabuto, which I have in three torrents, with the first ending at 18.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 10, 2015

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Serperoth posted:

Speaking of OT and releases, is there any word on a Drive batch, or has anyone made one? My hard drive had died at around episode 2-3 or something, and manually downloading them feels like a chore. :v:

Then again, I COULD watch the stuff I already have rather than downloading a bunch of more... Nah.

They usually don't do batches until ~25 episodes in (the halfway point)

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Cliff Racer posted:

Just got caught up on TOQ barring the current unsubbed episode. Did the US Mail mailbox in the last episode stand out as being weird to anyone else? Are they common in Japan or was it supposed to just mean they had a well decorated house or whatever?

The name on the front is Suzuki, as in Right Suzuki.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
No, I know that. I just find it weird that an American mailbox would be in Japan.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

It's possible. I think I've seen it somewhere in Tokyo before. A lot of family homes here are custom-built and homeowners are free to choose what kind of mail-box they want.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Toys have landed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9t1FOQuPjg

Nyarlathotep
May 29, 2003
I just ordered my zyuranger dvds from amazon. I'm pretty excited to be able to watch it again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh my god, the wolf's 'contribution' to the mech. :allears:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Poison Mushroom posted:

Oh my god, the wolf's 'contribution' to the mech. :allears:

It's a dog, not a wolf.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Still. The whole design just seems really :effort:. The dump truck is a big box with connectors. The train literally just folds in half to become the legs. The loving dog.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Still. The whole design just seems really :effort:. The dump truck is a big box with connectors. The train literally just folds in half to become the legs. The loving dog.

Seems pretty standard for sentai mecha design though. The dog is the only one that feels kinda useless, but that's probably nothing new I think. There's probably a few other mecha in previous series that seemed just as functionally useless

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'd much rather have something like that than the traditional Voltron set-up.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

Seems pretty standard for sentai mecha design though. The dog is the only one that feels kinda useless, but that's probably nothing new I think. There's probably a few other mecha in previous series that seemed just as functionally useless

The dolphin zord in Ninja Storm/Hurricanger didn't even exist in the final combination.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

It seems to have decent articulation, though. If that's the altar we're sacrificing on, then I can dig it. It just doesn't seem very interesting or clever otherwise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The dog being a decoration for the leg is kinda sad, tho.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Neo-Showa Riders don't stop! Meet Kamen Rider 4!

He is a pilot. He even has a plane.

quote:

This character will be exclusive to a 3-part special video offered on the Japanese Dvideo service on March 28th. According to the description Kamen Rider 4 is created by Shocker in some sort of alternate timeline while Kamen Riders Drive, Zeronos, & Faiz fight to correct history! It seems as though the events of this 3-part special would be related to Super Hero Taisen GP based on the inclusion of these riders as well.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 14, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Should been Kamen Pilot. But that's a pretty rad suit, other than maybe the Zyu-ish silver lips. Would use in a videogame.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah that's cool as hell. I'd buy a figuart of him!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I know there's a Train Rider and a Spaceship Rider, is there a Naval Kamen Rider? What about a Horseback Rider?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gaim is the horseback Rider! :eng99:

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
I really wish the Neo-blah terms didn't exist since they make no real sense given why the divide even exists.

But hey, more suits that use the First/Next aesthetic. I can appreciate that.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Potsticker posted:

Gaim is the horseback Rider! :eng99:

I still haven't watched Gaim v:shobon:v

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Raserys posted:

I still haven't watched Gaim v:shobon:v

The horseback stuff is dumb in terms if it fits into the narrative. No big loss there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kamen Riders 4, Den-O, and Drive star in:

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Kamen Riders 4, Den-O, and Drive star in:

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

So-- Go-Onger?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Yosuke posted:

I really wish the Neo-blah terms didn't exist since they make no real sense given why the divide even exists.

We're still trying to put Decade behind us.

Yosuke posted:

But hey, more suits that use the First/Next aesthetic. I can appreciate that.

Hell yeah, buddy :hfive:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Waffleman_ posted:

The Neo-Showa Riders don't stop! Meet Kamen Rider 4!

He is a pilot. He even has a plane.

I love this, but I don't like him better than Kamen Rider 3, I would still buy a figuart of him. (C'mon, get that preorder up for the Kamen Rider 3 figuart already, damnit!!)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Raserys posted:

I know there's a Train Rider and a Spaceship Rider, is there a Naval Kamen Rider? What about a Horseback Rider?

There's Kamen Rider Aqua in the OOO/Fourze movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, so Dino Charge is still pretty good.

However, it's as I feared, the Rangers still don't shut the gently caress up during fights. It's not quite as bad as I remember it being in Super Mega, but come on.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized why Kamen Rider 4 has the kind of doofy looking mouth plate.

It's because the real Kamen Rider 4, Riderman, has his mouth exposed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I just realized why Kamen Rider 4 has the kind of doofy looking mouth plate.

It's because the real Kamen Rider 4, Riderman, has his mouth exposed.

Oh wow, that makes a lot of sense, and now a part of the design that just looked weird to me (seemed more like a Sentai reference for no reason whatsoever) turned to be actually cool.

Also I seriously want to see a plane Rider Machine. That should be awesome.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay, so Dino Charge is still pretty good.

However, it's as I feared, the Rangers still don't shut the gently caress up during fights. It's not quite as bad as I remember it being in Super Mega, but come on.
They were pretty talkative in Kyoryuger, to be fair. We just didn't care because the dialogue was fun and the quality of the delivery was a moot point since we're not fluent in Japanese.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They were pretty talkative in Kyoryuger, to be fair. We just didn't care because the dialogue was fun and the quality of the delivery was a moot point since we're not fluent in Japanese.

Also they cut the dance out 0/10 worst Power Rangers.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Waffleman_ posted:

Also they cut the dance out 0/10 worst Power Rangers.

Does Blue still crack dadjokes?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'd much rather have something like that than the traditional Voltron set-up.

Next time there's a three man sentai, I want them all to have 2 mecha so they can form a Devastator 6 way combining robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fooley posted:

Does Blue still crack dadjokes?

Blue has not done anything significant yet.

But probably not.

• Locked thread