Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dexo posted:

Really makes up for the fact that Rose can no longer just loving explode towards the rim and throw down often any more.

He can, just chooses not to after getting slammed into the floor by Howard all those times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Athanatos posted:

He was the dumbest player I've ever seen.

Illini seriously assigned a coach to him to walk with him through drills all season because he never could remember how they worked.

He was also their best player by like a mile but their guards were all an even shittier version of Dion Waiters and never bothered to throw him the ball.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tony Snell was one of the players that everyone thought was going to be amazing if he could figure out how to shoot.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Dragic no don't leave :(

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

I really wish I was in NOLA for Mardi Gras. Such an amazing holiday.

Depends on what you like, I guess. I found it to be a total nightmare.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If the Lakers gave Dragic the max it would be another situation of these franchises hurting themselves by hurting each other. Dragic would hurt the pick the Lakers owe them and pull one of their best players away from them, but the Lakers would have a lot of money involved in Dragic and it would slow their rebuild.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Athanatos posted:

He was the dumbest player I've ever seen.

Illini seriously assigned a coach to him to walk with him through drills all season because he never could remember how they worked.

In the summer league he was trying to be vocal and engaged with the play calling and defensive positioning and the coaches on the bench would have to keep correcting him or telling him not to do it. One time on an inbounds he kept arguing with a coach over where he should position himself before the coach got pissed off and said "Meyers you're the biggest man on the floor just stand under the hoop"

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Mardi Gras is pretty cool if you're into binge drinking, less if if you're not.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

In the summer league he was trying to be vocal and engaged with the play calling and defensive positioning and the coaches on the bench would have to keep correcting him or telling him not to do it. One time on an inbounds he kept arguing with a coach over where he should position himself before the coach got pissed off and said "Meyers you're the biggest man on the floor just stand under the hoop"

summer league is so rad

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I figured Meyers was just uncoordinated since he went from 6'3" to 7'1" in like a year, and that's why he looked so lost on the court. But him being stupid makes a lot of sense.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Kyle Lowry on the BS report, interesting talk about his situation in Memphis and his intense anger

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12320348

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I figured Meyers was just uncoordinated since he went from 6'3" to 7'1" in like a year, and that's why he looked so lost on the court. But him being stupid makes a lot of sense.

Dumb big guys are the best. I can always feel the void behind Hansbrough's eyes whenever he steps up to shoot free-throws.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I need to schedule my summer road trip around spending a day in vegas and taking in a summer league game. Especially since I have to go through there anyway.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

attackmole posted:

Mardi Gras is pretty cool if you're into binge drinking, less if if you're not.

I haven't drank or really gone out to parades for Mardi Gras but like once every 10 years. Still best holiday.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Just now, I bet you were wondering what Von Wafer, Jeremy Tyler and Hamed Haddadi were up to. Well here you go.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 13, 2015

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Von Wafer was cool for like 10 games =/

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

chunkles posted:

Just now, I bet you were wondering what Von Wafer, Jeremy Tyler and Hamed Haddadi were up to. Well here you go.
throwing a chair into the crowd might be the most jeremy tyler thing imaginable.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

chunkles posted:

You didn't need to edit Von Wafer in, we all knew what he was doing.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
When Wafer was with Houston, I saw him at a Chik Fil A. When asked what size drink he wanted, he replied "I don't give a gently caress. "

And that's my Von Wafer story.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
To be fair, once you've decided on Chik Fil A as your choice of eating establishment, all fucks have been thrown out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Mavericks stadium DJ, Anthony Johnson passed away this morning. Terrible news. #DJWhizForever

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

Good to see the Iranian Stallion still kicks rear end and takes names

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is there going to be an All-Star Weekend thread or what. Robby P is gonna posterize Kevin Hart and I'm gonna yell bitch at my tv real loud

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adam Silver is planning on eliminating 4 games in 5 nights.

Bout time.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

PantsFreeZone posted:

Adam Silver is planning on eliminating 4 games in 5 nights.

Bout time.

I like how everyone is like, "man that David Stern, what a great commissioner" and then Silver comes in and within a few years is going to get rid of half of the terrible things about the NBA.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Papercut posted:

I like how everyone is like, "man that David Stern, what a great commissioner" and then Silver comes in and within a few years is going to get rid of half of the terrible things about the NBA.
And then ruin it all by upping the age limit.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
win butler #hewitus

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Papercut posted:

When Stern was commissioner, he was the best commissioner in American pro sports. He also made the NBA much bigger than it previously was. I thought Silver might be good since he was trained by Stern but I never realized he'd be this good this quickly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

And then ruin it all by upping the age limit.

I think you mean saving college basketball.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

NickRoweFillea posted:

win butler #hewitus

Is that the McPoyles from It's Always Sunny?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kiimo posted:

I wasn't aware he had the power to institute a 24 second shot clock in the NCAA

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

kiimo posted:

Are they finally lowering the shot clock

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i wish, holy poo poo i can only take 25 seconds of passing around the three point line so many times

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

NickRoweFillea posted:

i wish, holy poo poo i can only take 25 seconds of passing around the three point line so many times

Yeah, the thing I hate in college basketball is that my internal timer is going that they need to rush to get a shot off, then I look and see they still have 15 seconds left

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is Arnie Duncan playing this year? Because he owns.

Anthony Anderson has the weirdest looking body.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

nah

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Codependent Poster posted:

Nope. Anytime Obama wants to issue an executive order to change this would be fine.

Jack's Flow posted:

Dumb big guys are the best. I can always feel the void behind Hansbrough's eyes whenever he steps up to shoot free-throws.

Anthony Randolph was a treasure. If he even had moderate basketball IQ he'd be one of the best players in the league.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What? That's bullshit. This game is ruined. Watching Arnie clown everyone was the best thing.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i am excited for kevin hart to get thrown out again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Paralympian getting into it

• Locked thread