Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Made my dude look like a smug mid-west 1930s farmer version of david bowie complete with blindingly red mullet, gonna call my cattes ziggy and stardust.

Might be the greatest game I've ever played I don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Did I mention that if you try to fast-climb up a wall while holding a powderstone you'll drop it, so that you have to climb slowly? :getin:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

My hunter and cat are acting out streetfighter in the guild card

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
The final quest in the egg-speditions is worth the effort

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Trying to farm velocidrome but kutku keeps crashing the party

gently caress off my glaive doesn't have enough green sharpness to deal with your stupid loving wings aaaaaaa

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Named my first cat Meowitzer, gave him the scarred eye and crooked tail. Time to stab some things to death.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It's real hard to know what voice won't drive me insane listening to it for 200+ hours

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Does anyone else appear to have a problem with the new MonHun 3ds where the touchscreen is "stuck" on the bottom? As in, it's constantly reading some sort of input and completely loving with my touchscreen.

I guess I'll have to send it to Nintendo but MH4U is digital and.. :(

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Lemming posted:

It's real hard to know what voice won't drive me insane listening to it for 200+ hours

Honestly I've not noticed my cat really meow at all. It's certainly not as awful as the cats in p3rd.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I did not appreciate mounting until I jumped off the cliff in Area 7 of the Ancestral Steppes onto Seltas's back as he flew away, knocking him to the ground, and then Demon Dancing him to death.

I am going to enjoy this game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What weapons are everybody using?

I'm drawn to Great Swords, which I used in 3U because landing those charge hits when you know a boss' openings just right feels so satisfying. I've played around with Long Swords and Switch Axes and the Hunting horn as well in the past...

Hmmmm.

Loving how many monsters are in this one, its really bonkers. That's all I want from Monster Hunter sequels; more and more preposterous amounts of monsters to hunt.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm drawn to Great Swords, which I used in 3U because landing those charge hits when you know a boss' openings just right feels so satisfying. I've played around with Long Swords and Switch Axes and the Hunting horn as well in the past...

Hmmmm.

Loving how many monsters are in this one, its really bonkers. That's all I want from Monster Hunter sequels; more and more preposterous amounts of monsters to hunt.

In Tri I mained Lance, so I'm trying to avoid it now. Same with Longsword (FU) and Hammer (3U).

I'm not very far, but I beat Great Jaggi with the Glaive, Seltas with the Dual Swords, and I'm about to go for Seltas again with the Sax.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mithross posted:

Bug evolution and staff line are different things. Your bug will become fire, and sending him to attack will do fire damage, but your staff will upgrade to the same weapon no matter what. All the glaives are single path.

So I have to commit to one bug? Do all the glaives share the same bug or can I get more bugs?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

sitchelin posted:

So I have to commit to one bug? Do all the glaives share the same bug or can I get more bugs?

Are you afraid of commitment? You can't just raise a bug then throw it away. They have feelings, you monster.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

sitchelin posted:

Each glaive gets it's own bug.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So are there no more gathering missions/freehunt? I've only gotten as far as doing the first Expedition, do they start appearing later?

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm drawn to Great Swords, which I used in 3U because landing those charge hits when you know a boss' openings just right feels so satisfying.

They're way more satisfying with the massive screen shake in 4th gen

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Evil Mastermind posted:

So are there no more gathering missions/freehunt? I've only gotten as far as doing the first Expedition, do they start appearing later?

The first harvest tour is available at 3* caravan.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

RuBisCO posted:

Does anyone else appear to have a problem with the new MonHun 3ds where the touchscreen is "stuck" on the bottom? As in, it's constantly reading some sort of input and completely loving with my touchscreen.

I guess I'll have to send it to Nintendo but MH4U is digital and.. :(

Yes, these problems are not that rare for the new 3ds. My first one had a broken L button out of the box, and the store where I exchanged it said touch screen problems are even more common.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I have that tetsucabra armor now that I know what it looks like. I wonder how bad the negative gathering hit will be...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

AndroidHub posted:

I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I have that tetsucabra armor now that I know what it looks like. I wonder how bad the negative gathering hit will be...

Oh snap that armor does look boss as hell.

I managed to beat Tetsucabra on my first try on the demo, so he shouldn't be all that bad either...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh there's a new Monster Hunter? Yay!

... it's only on a handheld that I can't use for more than a few minutes at a time without a headache? Boo.

:smith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Oh there's a new Monster Hunter? Yay!

... it's only on a handheld that I can't use for more than a few minutes at a time without a headache? Boo.

Why, because of the 3D? You know you can turn it off, right? You know there's a 2DS, right?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zaphod42 posted:

Why, because of the 3D? You know you can turn it off, right? You know there's a 2DS, right?

No, the small screens, even on the XL. My eyes are really poo poo in more ways than just being stereoblind, as it turns out. :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

No, the small screens, even on the XL. My eyes are really poo poo in more ways than just being stereoblind, as it turns out. :(

I wish this one was on WiiU too. Its cool to have it portable but the gamepad is sooo much more comfortable for 3D action games, and I love my TV.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Someone mentioned something about the starting cats and linked some sort of cat guide. Does anyone have that link? It was...some amount of pages ago.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So velocidrome is this game's Jaggi armor right? Get that asap as a newbie and keep it for a good while until another set that's better is totally done?

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I think they gave Khezu's stretchy neck some new... improved animations :stonklol:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Chimera-gui posted:

My game order started shipping last night so it should arrive in a week. In the meantime, has there been any word about the MH themes for the 3DS?
Missed any chat about this, but I've got a similar question. Where do limited edition nu3DSes get their download code for the free themes? I don't seem to have an eShop receipt for my built-in MH4u.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The themes aren't even available on the us store yet what the heck

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

is expedition the only way to fight velocidrome :smith:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Missed any chat about this, but I've got a similar question. Where do limited edition nu3DSes get their download code for the free [gore magala and sergios] themes? I don't seem to have an eShop receipt for my built-in MH4u.
RIP no themes. word is from customer service that due to MH4u coming with the LE system at a discounted price, no bonus. No idea if the themes will be available later for purchase.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
rip us MHN3DS bros

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So velocidrome is this game's Jaggi armor right? Get that asap as a newbie and keep it for a good while until another set that's better is totally done?

Unless I can trade stuff for Volvidon parts down the line yeah, I'm gunning for the same thing.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Nevermind, ignore me. :saddowns:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 14, 2015

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

By village quest, yes. You can get to him quickly enough via guild. People just recommend tetsu because it's defense oriented, and since he can be fought via village, he has reduced health. If you know the game, it's damage all the way, and it's just v drome, so double health won't mean poo poo.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Everyone need to make the Seltis hammer right now. It's a ROCKET HAMMER DRILL. :black101:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'm having a hard time caring about my weapon progression when they give me a rocket powered drill hammer in the first hour of the game, complete with afterburner effects. Is it only going to ramp up from here?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

sitchelin posted:

Unless I can trade stuff for Volvidon parts down the line yeah, I'm gunning for the same thing.

It's too bad we lost Volvidon and Royal Ludroth. And though Hermitaur came back, apparently Ceanataur didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I killed him and other monsters in expedition for a while, since the other parts let me also upgrade my glaive to Bone Staff+ as well as get the velociprey armor

Killing LR poo poo just got wayyyy easier, since I went from 5 armor to 76 :v:

• Locked thread