Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just hope that Civil War has a cold opener at a press conference with Iron Man and Spider-Man doing the unmasking. Then the logo, and "2 weeks earlier" or whatever. And then Spider-Man goes away for about half the movie and shows up to help during a fight scene out of nowhere or something. Basically, everyone who watches these films knows Spider-Man already anyways, so I think it would be a neat way to introduce him to the MCU officially. Maybe it's a bit meta, but I kindof don't want to see Peter Parker struggle with should he give up his secret identity or not. I've seen that in 4 films already (didn't bother seeing ASM2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

teagone posted:

I'm sure Ray Park would be up for this.

Tony Ja might be a better pick what with the smaller size and better vertical. About 40s in he does a few moves that already remind me of Spider-man before any retraining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2k8am5VUj8 Also, he does a flying kick over a dog.

Besides we need to save Ray Park for Taskmaster. I don't know of anyone else other than maybe Donnie Yen that could do all the weapon and martial art style switching necessary, without Massive retraining. Donnie's getting a little old(52), and probably a bit too expensive but on the plus side he tends to do the choreography for things he's in.

I know Taskmaster hasn't been announced for anything but he'd be great for AoS or one of the Netflix shows because he's about the right power level and doesn't require any special effects, or as a henchman for whenever Red Skull and Crossbones show back up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bbf2 posted:

I will chase you TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

YOOOOUUUUU can't escape MEEEEE!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Joel Kinnaman from the Robocop remake has replaced Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in Suicide Squad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

YOOOOUUUUU can't escape MEEEEE!

GET BACK HEEEEERE, SHOCKERRRRRR!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

GET BACK HEEEEERE, SHOCKERRRRRR!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

To this day, I can't see Venom without hearing "LOOK! STREAMERS! NOW IT IS A PARTY!"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dacap posted:

Joel Kinnaman from the Robocop remake has replaced Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in Suicide Squad

drat, that's a downgrade.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It's a possibility, it's still early talks.

Kinnaman's good, Robocop wasn't. Honestly, with how Marvel's strategy is for attacking talent I more would've thought they would've gone after him for something while DC went with a much more high profile name. I think it shows some desperation in getting this project off the ground.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing about the Robocop reboot was finding out Keaton told him to stfu when he was bitching about having to wear a big rubber suit all day.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Mark Dacascos could do a good Taskmaster.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My favorite thing about the Robocop reboot was finding out Keaton told him to stfu when he was bitching about having to wear a big rubber suit all day.

:lol: That's wonderful.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Gina Carrano has been cast in Deadpool as Angel Dust

http://marvel.wikia.com/Angel_Dust_%28Christina%29_%28Earth-616%29

The Hollywood Reporter is surprisingly also saying Colossus is still in the script and had yet to be cast

Dacap fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 13, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh yeah, that famed Deadpool supporting character.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Guess Rousey was asking for too much money?

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

When did Spider-man 2 go from an awesome movie to being awful?

Alright maybe it's more a personal thing but I've never liked Spider-man 2 that much.
It has a few parts that are good and maybe the things I dislike are the things that piss me off in all the Rami Spider-Man movies.

Honestly it's a movie I'd never really watch again.
But maybe it's just me.

It kinda depresses me, I'd watch almost anything spiderman related, I'd happily sit down and watch an old cartoon but every single one of the movies leave me cold and there should be a good if not great Spider-Man movie.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 13, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Alright maybe it's more a personal thing but I've never liked Spider-man 2 that much.
It has a few parts that are good and maybe the things I dislike are the things that piss me off in all the Rami Spider-Man movies.

But maybe it's just me.

It is absolutely just you.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

But maybe it's just me.

It doesn't do it for me, too. I don't want to derail the thread, but it just boils down to me not liking it. I just think that none of the Raimi movies lived up to the origin in the first 45 minutes of the 1st film.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm not a huge fan of 2 either. The whole "psychological losing your powers" thing bugged me a lot, and the fact that he took his mask off every two seconds bothered me even more (yes I understand it's due to Tobey wanting people to know he was in the movie). I just thought the first one was a tighter, better told story. If they'd had a better Goblin costume I would have been much happier.

I did like what they did with Doctor Octopus, however.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Now I've realized we won't see fat Agent X.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Dacap posted:

Gina Carrano has been cast in Deadpool as Angel Dust

http://marvel.wikia.com/Angel_Dust_%28Christina%29_%28Earth-616%29

The Hollywood Reporter is surprisingly also saying Colossus is still in the script and had yet to be cast

God this is so dumb why won't they just cast Gina Carano, she was great in Haywire and...

oh, never mind.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The Rock, Gina Carano, now all we need to do is cast Idris Elba as literally anything and the Movie Thread prophecies will be complete.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Gaz-L posted:

Guess Rousey was asking for too much money?

She's kind of busy with the UFC and probably can't meet their schedule. I haven't seen or heard of Gina Carano fighting for a while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

She's kind of busy with the UFC and probably can't meet their schedule. I haven't seen or heard of Gina Carano fighting for a while.

There was talk of trying to get Carano to challenge Ronda. Fell through probably because UFC couldn't offer Gina enough to get her head caved in by a madwoman.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can see Rousey brawling with Michelle Rodriguez in this year's greatest superhero movie Furious 7.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

I really hope that picking a superstrong farmboy hero made of metal as a foil to Deadpool was completely intentional.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 14, 2015

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Mark Dacascos was awesome in Brotherhood of the Wolf. And yeah, he'd make a great Taskmaster.

gently caress it, just go Raid peeps for mask peeps.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Gina Carano is a horrible wooden actress

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Have any upcoming marvel movies filmed or will be filming in Chicago?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

She's also a gorgeous rear end kicking machine. She should be the new Terminator and replace Arnold's model.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That's why she's cast as an obscure character whose power is being really strong. She'll probably be a goon for Wade to fight while saying he loves Haywire.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Why you workin' for this schmuck? Gal like you could do so much! Cage-fighting, action movies!"

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Gina will keep being bad in movies until her Cyborg Santos PTSD blows over

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
gently caress y'all. Viper was one of the better parts of The Wolverine.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I really hope that picking a superstrong farmboy hero made of metal as a foil to Deadpool was completely intentional.

It totally is, don't listen to the cynics. I Believe In Wade Wilson :patriot:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lurdiak posted:

She's named after the best Faith No More album she must be great :downs:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Lurdiak posted:

It is absolutely just you.

It's not just him/her. I can't stand the Raimi movies, though I might be prepared to concede that it's mostly because Tobey Maguire was irredeemably awful as both Peter and Spider-Man.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Chaos Hippy posted:

It's not just him/her. I can't stand the Raimi movies, though I might be prepared to concede that it's mostly because Tobey Maguire was irredeemably awful as both Peter and Spider-Man.

I'd be really interesting to have seen how much different 2 and 3 would have been if Tobey got replaced by Jake Gyllenhaal due to his back injury like originally rumored.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

You're right, anything less than a true auteur in that supporing role is unacceptable for this Deadpool movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Kingtheninja posted:

Have any upcoming marvel movies filmed or will be filming in Chicago?

Nothing thus far and so far as I know nothing planned, which is fine by me only because my agency sucks and I wouldn't get submitted for any of the local roles anyway :argh:

• Locked thread