Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

RareAcumen posted:

What's this from?

The Remainder Of My Time Will Be A Series Of Grunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I got my coworker to listen to the Roy Orbison episode. He liked it and wanted to know where to go from there. I didn't recommend the adult babies episode but... I was very tempted to.....

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The Roy Orbison episode is my go-to for introducing people to the podcast. After that I follow it up with one of the Recipe episodes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If it's someone familiar with internet poo poo I really like Episode 100. It's where I started!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I tried to introduce someone via the Roy Orbison episode today, but instead he went straight for the latest one, the male pregnancy episode.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The problem with the recipes and roy orbison episodes is that they're not necessarily representative. It's all "here's a podcast about dumb/crazy but actually mostly harmless stupid internet people" followed by a little reinforcement from joan ocean, pyradyne and the 80 year old man who jumps across universes to steal paintings, and then what? They go to the website, download a couple of episodes and all of a sudden they're confronted by people giving birth through their dicks, shoving bugs up their dicks or dropping batteries on their dicks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I started with the bug-loving episode. I'm not sure if that was the best idea.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The bug-loving episode isn't even the worst they've got.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The worst is definitely Frank's reading at Live 3. I still have no idea what that was.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

MooCowlian posted:

The problem with the recipes and roy orbison episodes is that they're not necessarily representative. It's all "here's a podcast about dumb/crazy but actually mostly harmless stupid internet people" followed by a little reinforcement from joan ocean, pyradyne and the 80 year old man who jumps across universes to steal paintings, and then what? They go to the website, download a couple of episodes and all of a sudden they're confronted by people giving birth through their dicks, shoving bugs up their dicks or dropping batteries on their dicks.

The duality of man podcasts

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MooCowlian posted:

People who haven!'t been exposed to Internet's fetishes deserve to have their innocence crushed.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Yeah crush em

flat

benEATH YOUR HEEL

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
You can only crush the innocence if it's a furry!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The worst is definitely Frank's reading at Live 3. I still have no idea what that was.

The majority of Live 3 was really, really awful.

The thing is though, there are the standout disgusting episodes (like Live 3, dickbugs, mpreg, and the F List), but I would say the majority of episodes are either bizarre idiots (rather than bizarre fetishists) or just baffling Internet lunacy. Like, I think To Serve Otherkin is probably more representative of the podcast than any of the really nasty sexual episodes.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think there's nothing wrong with presenting the F+ as a benign podcast. Honestly, I see the innocent episodes like the Resident Evil fanscript, recipes, Wikihow, BabyMimi, Idea Wiki, Debate.org etc. as being the best of the whole output. The fetish stuff seems like more of a filler between more substantial episodes.

Btw, is there a plan for any more Quite Exasperating episodes?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

X-Ray Pecs posted:

A friend of Piers Anthony, apparently, so that's really all you need to know.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

To Serve Otherkin is good because it's a combination of the lighter elements of a lot of other things they've covered. Doing the F Plus Bingo in that episode was fitting, since it's right in the Venn diagram overlap of furries/gross food/new age/tumblr/dumb questions on the internet and almost touches on fetishes. It's a great sampler platter that only really excludes fanfic and poetry.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

X-Ray Pecs posted:

After I listened to that I had to cuddle my pug for like three hours straight. She got far too many treats that day.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I just rewatched the two drug forum episodes recently, and they are great just because of the mix of stupid ideas and terrible advice. It's almost like reading TCC. Also I loved when they talked about mail order brides, just for the phrase "She fell out of the dollar tree and hit every branch on the way down".

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think highdeas.com also constitutes a drug forum, so you have shroomery.com, hipforums.com, and highdeas.com for an amazing trilogy about dumb, high idiots.

And it's close enough to the other two, so I just kinda lump them all together.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DemonTrigger posted:

It's almost like reading TCC.
Until any of these other forums have someone choose to keep a rotting arm so they can shoot up or have a moderator recommend LSD as a way to get off heroin, TCC will remain the undisputed champion.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TetsuoTW posted:

Until any of these other forums have someone choose to keep a rotting arm so they can shoot up or have a moderator recommend LSD as a way to get off heroin, TCC will remain the undisputed champion.

I wonder how well a TCC doc would go. I'm sure you'd get a lot of material, but I'm not sure if it'd all be pleasant reading.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I listened again to "Please Direct Complaints To This Hole In The Ground" and went looking for the Penn Foster post, and I think the whole thread is actually worth reading. I've grown a taste for insane ranting people on consumer review websites so I really enjoyed the Rip Off Report and Epinions episodes.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Rip Off Report is one of my favorite episodes. People getting unbelievably worked up over their fast food cheeseburger looking ugly -- to the point that they stew on it until they get home and then write a hateful screed on the internet about it -- is still amazing to me.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

RyokoTK posted:

Rip Off Report is one of my favorite episodes. People getting unbelievably worked up over their fast food cheeseburger looking ugly -- to the point that they stew on it until they get home and then write a hateful screed on the internet about it -- is still amazing to me.

Yeah, that kind of thing is great, and might be another good introductory episode. Even with the used dildo from Dildo Hut.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Let's not even bring up Gamestop the Clown.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Cleretic posted:

I wonder how well a TCC doc would go. I'm sure you'd get a lot of material, but I'm not sure if it'd all be pleasant reading.
Did Lou ever do a TCC episode? He's done a lot of drug episodes in general, and he has a Burnouts tag here, but I don't know off the top of my head if he's actually featured the forum.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Did Lou ever do a TCC episode? He's done a lot of drug episodes in general, and he has a Burnouts tag here, but I don't know off the top of my head if he's actually featured the forum.

I think the closest he ever got was reading the OP of a legality thread in TCC. "A Thread About Your Legal Rights" I think it was called? It was kinda dry.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

TetsuoTW posted:

Someone on i-doser took "LSD" and thought there was Nutella but there wasn't! Checkmate.

E; Added much needed quotes to "LSD".

Nuffkins fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 15, 2015

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I haven't seen a link to this, so here's a collection of passed-over documents.

http://ballp.it/index.php?topic=1256.0

The nazi pony one is just pages of boring sorta-political ramblings. The Great Otherkin war is complete gold.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Which episode is the one where someone talks about babies eating chicken nuggets?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Dreamsicle posted:

Which episode is the one where someone talks about babies eating chicken nuggets?

I think the unschooling episode 92 We Don't Need No Uneducation.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 15, 2015

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Plague of Hats posted:

The unschooling episode 92 We Don't Need No Uneducation.

Actually it was episode 131 Ask a Stupid Question, Make a Stupid Podcast.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Woops, yeah. That was a different awful parent chicken nugget moment in that episode.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Why does ballp.it cost money to register? What kind of sucker pays :10bux: to post on a forum?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Keeps out Russian spammers.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
For more children eating chicken fun, check out I Can't Believe It's Not Entirely Butter!

By the way, there's a new episode, and it's about more paranormal nonsense!

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
New episode is up! Go get it and then listen to it, please.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"I've never heard of a Tourette's rapper, but I like the gimmick..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012
Another new episode just went up, one day after the last one. The premise for this one sounds kind of incredible.
http://thefpl.us/episode/166