Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Smitty gently caress yeah lookin' good! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if she puts shoes on when she returns to the court.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Thankfully, Mr. Siddell appears to have levelled up his skill at Drawing Male Characters Somewhat More Mature Than When We Saw Them Last and Smitty will be spared the horror of Jack's bizarre I-just-flew-in-from-a-comic-with-a-different-art-style-and-boy-is-my-chin-tired look.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't think Jack's look was some kind of art error. He was just an awkward teenage boy going through puberty unevenly.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think Jack's look was some kind of art error. He was just an awkward teenage boy going through puberty unevenly.

Yeah, I think plenty of male teenagers have tried to grow facial hair, with... horrid results. (I try not to think back on those days too often!)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Lurdiak posted:

It was definitely intended to look awkward but it wasn't altogether the right kind of awkward. He didn't match the comic's art style very well, and then he had the terrible beard on top of that.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I liked the chin hair.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tenebrais posted:

I wonder if she puts shoes on when she returns to the court.

Looks like you got your answer

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1475

She doesn't

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ahaha, smitface is allowed to call her Georgie :3:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Perestroika posted:

Ahaha, smitface is allowed to call her Georgie :3:

This is the best thing :kimchi:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I wonder what the way around the problem is? I also wonder how her teleportation works in general anyway. Like, does she have to visualize where she wants to go, or is it a more general "go this far in this direction" sort of way?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

I wonder what the way around the problem is?

Learning places in between so she can do it in multiple jumps, maybe?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Like, does she have to visualize where she wants to go, or is it a more general "go this far in this direction" sort of way?
Considering her first jump, it's more likely the former.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
"SLAM! AGAIN!" will forever be the greatest sound.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

neogeo0823 posted:

I wonder what the way around the problem is? I also wonder how her teleportation works in general anyway. Like, does she have to visualize where she wants to go, or is it a more general "go this far in this direction" sort of way?

The ability to instantaneously travel 10 km is not much different from the ability to instantaneously travel 1000 km, if you know all the spots inbetween.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The bunny is gonna be hot and annie is gonna fall in love with him.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i need a conveniently placed emotional support smitty in my life

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

The way this is being followed along every step of the process leads me to think that the bunny is going to be at least a somewhat important character. I doubt this process ends with the humanified bunny just showing up, waving, and then leaving forever.

Fake Edit: And she never saw him again.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

BobTheJanitor posted:

The way this is being followed along every step of the process leads me to think that the bunny is going to be at least a somewhat important character. I doubt this process ends with the humanified bunny just showing up, waving, and then leaving forever.

Seems to me it's about answering an old GK question; how do the forest denziens move to the Court? We're seeing it at each step of the way, including the part where the rabbit's soul got ripped out of its body :black101:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

I dunno, that happened with Hetty.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SHISHKABOB posted:

I thought the bunny was a girl? I mean don't get me wrong, she could still be hot and Annie could still fall for her, but I could have sworn the bunny was referred to as female at one point.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I thought the bunny was a girl? I mean don't get me wrong, she could still be hot and Annie could still fall for her, but I could have sworn the bunny was referred to as female at one point.
Animals become boys, without exception.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tenebrais posted:

I dunno, that happened with Hetty.

Hetty was a one chapter character, though. She was introduced and chomped to death all in one story. This bunny has at least had page time in two chapters now.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

maswastaken posted:

Animals become boys, without exception.

I dunno if we're told it's without exception, but it's made really obvious in that one chapter where annie meets all the forest kids at the school.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1373 also yeah you're right, the bunny is called she.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1377 wooooo I love nerding out over internet comics (animals become dudes)

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 15, 2015

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
You've also just inadvertently answered the question of whether all fairies are born "hollow" or not (the bunny's fairy friend doesn't have completely blank eyes). Compare:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1355

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=128

I suppose you could argue it's a change in style, and that fairy still doesn't have pupils. Though, again, a few pages ago, when the rabbit got it's soul totem pulled out, its eyes went completely white (but of course its eyes were completely black before that).

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Time to show the ol' Cloning Vats.
That place in the 5th panel looks like a place that Tom will mention in the video series "This is another example of me drawing places from my old school, specifically this is the entrance to the cafeteria" or something like that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that new building too. That, and I couldn't tell if that new person also wasn't wearing shoes.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I like that the building is completely modern in style but is still much less intimidating and austere than the usual court buildings.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah tom's comments.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That guy looks like he was a forest snake before.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I was gonna say none of the others kept features that distinctly non-human, but then I remembered Fish Guy.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Cat Mattress posted:

Either a snake or a rat maybe, wasn't sure what the deal was, took a while to realize that wasn't hair.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tom also said on Twitter that a big announcement would be coming today. I hope it's the softcover books, as I have binge read this series twice already, but haven't picked up any yet. I've been waiting for a sale or buy-the-series discount, but I know volume one is practically impossible to purchase. Ever since he announced soft covers were coming, that's what I've been waiting for.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Somehow, a double post appears!

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

IUG posted:

Tom also said on Twitter that a big announcement would be coming today. I hope it's the softcover books, as I have binge read this series twice already, but haven't picked up any yet. I've been waiting for a sale or buy-the-series discount, but I know volume one is practically impossible to purchase. Ever since he announced soft covers were coming, that's what I've been waiting for.

It's not.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well that's highly disappointing.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The game looks pretty lame but, oh man, those collector coins!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

The game looks pretty lame but, oh man, those collector coins!

Ditto. I guess if someone really wanted those coins you could pledge a buck and then add them on at 15 bucks a pop. $46 for 3 collector coins seems insane though...maybe, I'm not super collector coin savvy.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

His hat looks a bit like a cobra hood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

IUG posted:

Well that's highly disappointing.

It's definitely a bit surprising!