Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

NTRabbit posted:

Second last game before I decided to take a break yesterday a T49 one shot + one tick of fire my Bulldog both on the move doing a scouting run on the lovely 3 lane asian map, it's not that bad, especially against lights and mediums if you don't overextend like a Bulldog or 13 90 can.

If every shot goes perfectly into somewhere it'll pen, then a lot of tanks get better. The T49 has .6 accuracy and insane bloom, so that isn't very often.

The T49 is actually poo poo against mediums because they have enough armor to avoid getting HE penned, enough HP to survive some hits, and enough speed and DPM to chase you down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
http://www.twitch.tv/pukanuragan
A good Russian players is streaming the Obj 260.
And sure enough it's an IS-7 that goes 20 uphill, 45+ on flats effortless and the gun seems to be better too.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

And sure enough it's an IS-7 that goes 20 uphill, 45+ on flats effortless and the gun seems to be better too.

Overall it seems very nice but the gun is not just upside compared to the S-70 - it's a little more accurate and faster aiming, but it's got less alpha and the shells are... well, the APCR shell is straight better than the IS-7's AP, but the IS-7's APCR (303 pen, 1125 m/s) probably beats both the 260's APCR (260, 1259) and HEAT (340, 900).

The track bloom is just lovely though at 0,17. Also the sound mod he's running is so good.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

sauer kraut posted:

HAHAHA Allahu Ackbar sound mod.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Crossposting in case someone in 2PAC isn't reading the EU PGS for whatever reason:

Soulfucker posted:

:toxx:I, Soulfucker, will gift a tier VIII premium tank of their choice to any [2PAC] member that in the future causes a pubbie to freak out and upload a replay to youtube Detective Gamer-style.

The following conditions apply:
[...]
This event will run for 3 months or until I've forgotten about it.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

demonR6 posted:

9300 damage, run out of ammo, ram last enemy to death with 2% HP left.
Yup Russian server alright.

That thing is grossly OP, watch it get nerfed as soon as enough poopers get it.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hellsau posted:

If every shot goes perfectly into somewhere it'll pen, then a lot of tanks get better. The T49 has .6 accuracy and insane bloom, so that isn't very often.

The T49 is actually poo poo against mediums because they have enough armor to avoid getting HE penned, enough HP to survive some hits, and enough speed and DPM to chase you down.

B-b-but I got one shot by one once because I wasn't paying attention, that means it's totally OP, right?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Atal Vataman posted:

he was a cdc reroll, so i kindly shot him for 1100 the moment i had my first shell loaded and blamed lag.

yeah you sure showed him for doing a sad but completely harmless thing that has no effect on anyone else. Hi-five.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

yaay posted:

yeah you sure showed him for doing a sad but completely harmless thing that has no effect on anyone else. Hi-five.

I don't know what to tell you if you don't occasionally explode pubbies randomly. I guess wanna get into 2PAC?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

anyone who deserves it, sure. Random acts of spite make you the pubbie.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm glad we can see eye to eye, since all pubbies deserve exploding. :)

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Tou dont HAVE to use the derp on the T49. Its a gimmick weapon while the other gun is a perfectly usable normal gun.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

sauer kraut posted:

That looks OP as gently caress and also I want to play against russian pubbies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hellsau posted:

Medium side armour isn't all that great, and I see T49s prank climbing mediums in the side for 600+ hp by getting to places fast in the early map often enough for it to be annoying.

It's annoying in a similar way to the 183mm guns, stupid as gently caress and shouldn't be there.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Animal posted:

Tou dont HAVE to use the derp on the T49. Its a gimmick weapon while the other gun is a perfectly usable normal gun.

Yeah but at the same time the 90 mm T49 is pretty much strictly inferior to the Ru 251.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NTRabbit posted:

It's annoying in a similar way to the 183mm guns, stupid as gently caress and shouldn't be there.

Good point, it should get the guided 152mm missile that could defeat around 350mm of RHA.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

Good point, it should get the guided 152mm missile that could defeat around 350mm of RHA.

And had a minimum range of... I think it was 730 meters? :getin:

Really though the XM81 is pretty underwhelming in-game.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

demonR6 posted:

This is fantastic.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

1. what's the music?
2. the e25 driver, that's me in the e25.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

yaay posted:

anyone who deserves it, sure. Random acts of spite make you the pubbie.

No see when these guys ruin the game for everyone and throw the round it's trolling. They can't be pubbies they paid 10 dollars to some guy on the internet.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Regarde Aduck posted:

No see when these guys ruin the game for everyone and throw the round it's trolling. They can't be pubbies they paid 10 dollars to some guy on the internet.

Man, I really regret throwing that round now!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Russian server is hardcore. Love him pinning the medium on his own team to the side of the hill on Airfield so the medium would take the hit instead of him.

guidoanselmi posted:

1. what's the music?

Chopin, Piano Concerto No 2 in F Minor, Op.21, movement 1 (Maestoso)

saintonan fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 14, 2015

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Regarde Aduck posted:

Those who fight monsters

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

saintonan posted:

Russian server is hardcore. Love him pinning the medium on his own team to the side of the hill on Airfield so the medium would take the hit instead of him.

I enjoy watching all that tanks that go out and actually do things.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Prav posted:

I enjoy watching all that tanks that go out and actually do things.

Russian server is pretty fun just for that. Those rushing tanks don't actually do much damage, but at least they're trying.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Russian server is pretty fun just for that. Those rushing tanks don't actually do much damage, but at least they're trying.

That's why WG refuses to allow 5 tanks super platoon. A platoon of 5 dedicated, above average players who communicate with one another and want to actually fight and not sulk in the back waiting for one tank to wander in front of their guns will absolutely wreck any team of random, disorganized, low-morale, low motivation pubbies, and if the "skill level" of the game just ever so slightly rises, WG will see its profits diminish.

Seriously, what would you rather have on your team, 1 or 2 2800 wn8 unicums that will farm wn8, or 5 green/teal players in one big platoon that will push a flank and never stop pushing?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

quote:

Due to the fact my launcher has not requested me to accept eucla regulations once, I can only assume that it was forced upon me with no chance to proof read them, therefore violating federal policy. I was recently banned for someone else ramming me repeatedly till they died on my team. This is not the first time this has happened. All people who feel like chat mods have started to become air heads who abuse their ban power please let me know. This abuse of power and prosecution on accounts since a personal account and therefore prosecuting the person behind that account without judge and jury is a violation of civil liberties and freedoms. Hiring mods with anger issues and an inability to help people with a question and banning them for doing so is also a violation of policy. I will be suing for lost time and hours if this is not fixed within the allotted 24 hours under legal restrictions. I INVITE ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVEBEEN ABUSED BY THE FAULTY AUTOMATED SYSTEM AND BY OVER ZEALOUS MODS TO JOIN THE FIGHT FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES AS WELL AS FREEDOMS COVERED BY OUR CONSTITUTION WHICH ARE BEING INFRINGED UPON.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The idea of starting a match and seeing 5 platooned T-54s on one side would probably make me quit right there.
Or what would happen more often, 1 Maus and 4 tier 1 tank, or 5 TOGs. Although with 5 TOGs the enemy side runs a real risk of running out of ammo before killing all 5 of them.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

Seriously, what would you rather have on your team, 1 or 2 2800 wn8 unicums that will farm wn8, or 5 green/teal players in one big platoon that will push a flank and never stop pushing?

Thing is that I don't think I'd get that. I'd get 5 "unicums" that'd be padded out the rear end who intentionally turn the game into a 10v15 that they then fail to clean up (but with lots of WN8 gained, natch), or I'd get 5 deep reds that would manage to somehow be even less coordinated than usual.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I really wish pubbies in NA behaved like Russian pubbies. At least if your team sucks you would still be guaranteed a rocking battle. Every moment I watched in that guy's stream was full of action that would make your average NA pubbie poo poo his pants, turn tail, and find the furthest building to hide behind.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Prav posted:

Thing is that I don't think I'd get that. I'd get 5 "unicums" that'd be padded out the rear end who intentionally turn the game into a 10v15 that they then fail to clean up (but with lots of WN8 gained, natch), or I'd get 5 deep reds that would manage to somehow be even less coordinated than usual.

3-man medium groups are already enough to decide a game most of the time at high tiers when you're dealing with blue+ players though, depending on map. Exceptions are due to hubris or retard strength on the 'bad' team like 10 man valley capfast pushes on lakeville.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

WitchFetish posted:

That's why WG refuses to allow 5 tanks super platoon. A platoon of 5 dedicated, above average players who communicate with one another and want to actually fight and not sulk in the back waiting for one tank to wander in front of their guns will absolutely wreck any team of random, disorganized, low-morale, low motivation pubbies, and if the "skill level" of the game just ever so slightly rises, WG will see its profits diminish.

I thought they changed their thought on it so that it'd be 15vs15 with 3 superplatoons on each team, no superplatoons in "normal" battles (so it'd be like wintermode). But then they decided to scrap that as well. I guess the MM would explode if they tried or something?

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

saintonan posted:

at least once a pubbie was useful then

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Atal Vataman posted:

accuracy nerf was completely destructive to the flow of the game. instead of doing fast peeks and firing or shooting on the move, you now have to stop and aim if you are to have any chance of hitting your shots. unaimed shots seems to hit a completely random point within your aimcircle, no bias towards the middle at all. its terrible

:agreed:
Really sucks for the church III because it reloads faster that it aims so you can't just spam fire any more, going to unmount GLD on it since it's pretty worthless. I've had a couple of game losing moments from it so far: tried to reset a cap in my T29 and the closest I could get was so the aim circle just about covered the capping tank except for a few pixels either side, of course three shots in a row went to the extremes of the circle and they capped. Missed a shot from about 15 metres in the open because I wasn't fully aimed in and a few pixels of aim circle weren't covering the tank.

I kind of understand their reasoning for it and when that dispersion diagram showed up it looked reasonable but it's really unfun in practice.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Are they still going to do that "everyone gets sixth sense" thing?

if so, when?

and will we get free skill resets?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

Are they still going to do that "everyone gets sixth sense" thing?

if so, when?

and will we get free skill resets?

Yes, KTTS (don't expect it this year), and signs point to it being part of a major overhaul so I'd say odds are somewhere between maybe and probably.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I also recall them saying some time ago that spotting mechanics would be changed so spotted tanks wouldn't magically disappear anymore they'd have to go back behind cover for awhile.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Matilda 4 is alright. The pubbies at those tiers trying to do missions in the most hilarious ways is amazing. Mine was the easy one. Just click and hit 6 times. Most of the missions have been completed so far using this tank.

I don't remember if I posted this, but it is pretty amusing.

That was the first shell I fired too. gently caress the pubbies, got my gold.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Ok, help me figure out crew retraining. I am about to buy a T25/2, aiming toward the T30. I'm not planning on selling the Hellcat, so I'd like to leave that crew there. I have a three skill crew in my M53/55 from when I played arty almost exclusively over a year ago that's more or less gathering dust since my interest in SPGs has waned. I'd like to retrain those guys into the fine world of turreted TDs.

The crew loadout in the M53/55 is commander (C), driver (D), gunner x2 (G), and loader x2 (L). The loadout in the T25/2 and T28proto is CDGL plus a radio operator(R). The loadout in the T30 is CDGLLR (two loaders). My plan is to immediately retrain CDGL from the M53/55 to T25/2, and retrain the R from the Hellcat to the T25/2. Then replenish the crews on the M53 and Hellcat from fresh recruits. Then after however many weeks or months it takes me to grind to the T30, I retrain the second three-skill loader from the M53/55 to the T30, and replace that guy with a fresh recruit. I'd like to do all of this when they have half off crew retraining (which seems to happen fairly often).

Does this seem like the best way to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

so i just completed an active mission (counter arty SPG, tier 9) and then didnt get credit.

thanks wg