Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

I thought that was Eva Marie whose implants exploded.

No it happened to Charlotte in late 2013. It was in the Wrestling Observer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sticklefifer posted:

If only every single one of those people were universally vocal about this sentiment at the same time.

Shave Seltzer posted:

I get DMs from people on the main roster always after those specials.

It's a common frustration.

The top NXT performers are frustrated they aren't on the main roster making money. Then they will get more frustrated when they realize their dream.

WWE guys are frustrated they aren't having the matches guys in NXT are when they know if they can perform before 400 fans in longer matches they can tear the house down.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
So basically the WWE wrestlers are pissed off that that people like NXT more than them and think it's entirely because of the small arena. Got it. Great. Okay, now I'm in the "could probably fire half the main roster" camp where I wasn't before, that's really bad.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mukaikubo posted:

So basically the WWE wrestlers are pissed off that that people like NXT more than them and think it's entirely because of the small arena. Got it. Great. Okay, now I'm in the "could probably fire half the main roster" camp where I wasn't before, that's really bad.

I think it's more the "in longer matches" part that's salient here.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mukaikubo posted:

wow, that's what you took from that?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I think it's more the "in longer matches" part that's salient here.

blah, wrestling in sports entertainment. people want more HHH promos

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
We are just a few months removed from ROH management getting upset that ROH wrestler's hearts were with PWG and not ROH no matter how much ROH paid them. It may come a shock to some but wrestlers do like to wrestle and to have high degree of self determination in their matches and characters.

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 14, 2015

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mukaikubo posted:

Your reading comprehension skills are poo poo. The main roster is bummed that they're now allowed to go out and put on the same quality of matches that the wrestlers in NXT are.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

We are just a few months removed from ROH management getting upset that ROH wrestler's hearts were with PWG and not ROH no matter how much ROH paid them. It may come a shock to some but wrestlers do like to wrestle and to have high degree of self determination in their matches and characters.

As someone who only watches WWE, is ROH good or bad now? The last time I remember anyone talking about it was when everyone hated Jim Cornette, now it's all NJPW.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sebastian Vettel posted:

As someone who only watches WWE, is ROH good or bad now? The last time I remember anyone talking about it was when everyone hated Jim Cornette, now it's all NJPW.

ROH is in a very good place now in terms of talent imo, their creative isn't always great but the wrestling delivers. They suffered a blow when Kevin Steen signed with WWE and one of their other top guys is hurt at the moment, but they're weathering those setbacks as well as can be expected. If you're interested, I recommend checking out their PPV on the first of March, the card is crazy stacked like I haven't seen from an ROH event in months.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Or find out he's Irish and push him as Hornswoggle's slightly larger brother.
Hornswoggle aside, I thought Vince is / considers himself of Irish heritage and thus doesn't mock them with their gimmicks.

Obviously, if it was Dunn's choice then Balor would debut on the main roster as Potatoes O'Flaherty.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Thanks for reminding me about SS 98. The mystery opponent and VKM in reading glasses is a good start.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Semprini posted:

Hornswoggle aside, I thought Vince is / considers himself of Irish heritage and thus doesn't mock them with their gimmicks.

Obviously, if it was Dunn's choice then Balor would debut on the main roster as Potatoes O'Flaherty.
How do you explain Sheamus then? Of course Sheamus may have done that to himself.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Semprini posted:

Vince has a pretty dated view where "Irish" is it's own species of human

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nessus posted:

How do you explain Sheamus then? Of course Sheamus may have done that to himself.

Vince really wanted a "fightin' irishman" character.

he's that kind of guy

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Nessus posted:

http://www.sosofficial.com/

He was even more "I'm so bloody Irish" as an indy guy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Two Beans posted:

Jesus, that looks like a Renfaire musicians' page.

Does Finn Balor have much in the way of mic skills?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Alouicious posted:

Vince really wanted a "fightin' irishman" character.

he's that kind of guy

that's also how Michael McGillicutty happened

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Two Beans posted:

On a silly note when he first started on the indies he would tan, shave his hair and would have little or no facial hair:

Just totally resisted the Irish thing and what he is now.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also the whole King Sheamus thing was a plan to make him look really stupid. Dunn doesn't like him at all.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
They could take this "main roster jealous of NXT" thing and turn it into a great invasion angle if hey did it right. Imagine months down the line when Roman is champ and dominant, saying that nobody else can challenge him and out comes Owens with the NXT title. Could be a good mix of Invasion with the "Real World Champ" Flair debut

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Capsaicin posted:

They could take this "main roster jealous of NXT" thing and turn it into a great invasion angle if hey did it right. Imagine months down the line when Roman is champ and dominant, saying that nobody else can challenge him and out comes Owens with the NXT title. Could be a good mix of Invasion with the "Real World Champ" Flair debut

I don't see how this gets Cena over though?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

I don't see how this gets Cena over though?

reigns is now cena, cena is now old

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

reigns is now cena, cena is now old

Cena passes the torch to Reigns in a Jorts match. Reigns gains Cena's jorts and proceeds to Rapadoo for a decade.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Capsaicin posted:

Only smarks would know that this is an issue. Most casual viewers likely don't even know NXT exists, much less that there's apparent tension between the two rosters. Also they did this 5 years ago and it started super hot, but we can't have developmental guys looking better than the main roster so they were buried systematically(literally in Wade Barrett's case) by John Cena. That would still happen today and probably be even worse.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sheamus looks pretty boss with a shaved head.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

rovert posted:

I could understand not realizing this a few years ago. But in the post-CM Punk world?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Booking to cater to the internet is the worst idea. A wink, wink nudge, nudge moment is all that's necessary.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Gatts posted:

Cena passes the torch to Reigns in a Jorts match. Reigns gains Cena's jorts and proceeds to Rapadoo for a decade.

Obviously Undertaker gets his wrestling power from his urn. But does Cena get his power from his jorts or from ceremonial rapadoo?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Obviously Undertaker gets his wrestling power from his urn. But does Cena get his power from his jorts or from ceremonial rapadoo?

John Cena is fueled by dueling chants

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

John Cena is fueled by bright neon colors.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Capsaicin posted:

Is HHH loving going over?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

bradzilla posted:

Only smarks would know that this is an issue. Most casual viewers likely don't even know NXT exists, much less that there's apparent tension between the two rosters.

also see: emma's debut

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Is HHH loving going over?

Considering that NXT is his baby, yes.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
NXT is pretty due for a new stable to come around.

Hopefully it includes that Hideo guy because he's dynamite in the ring, but his gear and entrance scream 90's wcw jobber. The only way I see him getting past the Cesaro Memorial Death Spot/infinite tag division loop in wwe is as the high spot guy in a larger faction.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Hideo needs to bring back his UPS trunks/kickpads

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I know finding WWE Main Event is a huge pain the rear end these days if you are outside the UK & Ireland. But Cesaro vs Sin Cara is one of the best TV matches in a long, long time go to the effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qndxBgG_yQk

The full match is 16 matches. Taped on Tuesday and that iffy match with Blake & Murphy was on Wednesday.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

bradzilla posted:

Only smarks would know that this is an issue. Most casual viewers likely don't even know NXT exists, much less that there's apparent tension between the two rosters. Also they did this 5 years ago and it started super hot, but we can't have developmental guys looking better than the main roster so they were buried systematically(literally in Wade Barrett's case) by John Cena. That would still happen today and probably be even worse.

Well, obviously there would be build towards it on the main shows. Maybe a video package for NXT on Raw, more of those "NXT spotlight" matches (that NXT guys would win if they were facing main roster guys), and even having upper-mid/top card guys (and girls) talking about how NXT is showing everybody up.

I just want to book that and I know it will never be done right :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Owens wrestled Neville on the WWE LIVE EVENT IN TAMPA:

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/566769809069973505

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Dude's getting fast-tracked like crazy, good for him though.

Also, regarding the Sin Cara vs Cesaro match...I've always wondered whose call it is to put on these great matches on C-shows. I would imagine Vince has nothing to do with it, is it Triple H? Or is it just the agent in charge of the match? Main Event used to have good, long TV matches like this fairly regularly. I seem to remember a great Wade Barrett vs Justin Gabriel match.

• Locked thread