Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
TITAN VS PITER HAHA... Easiest bet of my LIFEE

Seriously though, I had about $100 on Titan hoping to get an easy win so I can get some lovely skins for underdog bets. I almost threw up at the end of each round of OT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

antavila posted:

TITAN VS PITER HAHA... Easiest bet of my LIFEE

Seriously though, I had about $100 on Titan hoping to get an easy win so I can get some lovely skins for underdog bets. I almost threw up at the end of each round of OT.

Thats what betting is all about. You get a poo poo load of adrenaline for your money.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Katana Gomai posted:

Well as you just learned, almost any (pro) team can beat another in a BO1 game so betting on the underdog is +ev in the long run. Also, if all you bet is a 13 cent skin there's a good chance you won't get anything in return since you "won" 1.1 cents and there are no skins cheap enough in the prize pool.

Oh yes. Lessons were learned. I don't really care about getting the "return" anyway.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
This talk about Hotline Miami Music got me wondering.

Are there any anime music kits for CS:GO? Valve would make obscene money out of them. For example, I would pay a non-trivial amount for Azumanga Daioh music kit.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Laputanmachine posted:

This talk about Hotline Miami Music got me wondering.

Are there any anime music kits for CS:GO? Valve would make obscene money out of them. For example, I would pay a non-trivial amount for Azumanga Daioh music kit.

You know the answer to that.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Does the HM soundtrack have Miami Disco or Hydrogen in any shape or form?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Smol posted:

Does the HM soundtrack have Miami Disco or Hydrogen in any shape or form?
Yes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

aborn posted:

so uh...

what sens does everyone use?

450/2.0 over here
500@2.0

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

aborn posted:

so uh...

what sens does everyone use?

450/2.0 over here

Uh....I press the default button once then + sensitivity once...I dunno what that is though.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Wait did the Titan vs Piter game really go to 4 overtimes?

E: lol maniac double HE frag

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well now we know that even KennyS can't carry that much weight.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I remember the stand still and don't point gun at ground things but what's the best way to learn how to aim again without sitting in a competitive match for an hour? Queue deathmatch, click on heads with an M4/AK until I'm CAL-I?

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember the stand still and don't point gun at ground things but what's the best way to learn how to aim again without sitting in a competitive match for an hour? Queue deathmatch, click on heads with an M4/AK until I'm CAL-I?

I usually just do an aim training map and/or the spray training map to warm up and remind myself of all the patterns. For the first one, I use settings from some friberg video; I believe it's target count 100, delay 0.25s, duration 0.50s.

training_aim_csgo
Recoil Training
aim_botz

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Lots of options.
Community server deathmatch, look for free for all ( FFA)
Deathmatch with bots, sounds silly but really helps.
Training map, as previous

See here for details on training map and bot death match.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303916990

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

loving Waylander is so good.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Holy poo poo this game.

VelociBacon posted:

loving Waylander is so good.

You can say that again.

wonder if we're gonna get another round of OTs.

EDIT: Well...

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

trying to complete this mission by winning 8 rounds on marquis. ive probably waited a combined 10 hours the past few days trying to get into a match and just now i finally get into one, only for one guy to never connect. gently caress this

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Why do they often have an extra set of headphones around their necks, is it a sponsorship thing?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

bpower posted:

Why do they often have an extra set of headphones around their necks, is it a sponsorship thing?

They use the double headphones (earbud + noise canceling) in order to block out the noise at lans. The third set is for mic use since most of the time the noise canceling headphones don't have mics. This time they do though so it looks extra dumb.

EDIT: What is going on with PiTER? They keep accidentally making amazing plays at the last loving minute.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I can't tell if leaving the bomb at spawn was an accident or a genius play.

PiTER is loving legit, I want to see more of these guys.

Photex fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 14, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Omg. Misses the dead to rights shot on the defuser only to get a lucky followup when he didn't book it. Man.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
WaterFallz is apparently only 15. Their set play for final round of OT was beautiful. Lurked B and planted A in a spot for catwalk to cover.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the greatest commentary just happened "theyre opening things wide open here"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

the greatest commentary just happened "theyre opening things wide open here"

Grade a talking there john madden

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

It's really nice having matches run on time though, especially after the fiasco that was clutchcon.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

wow a soundpack thats actually pretty legit

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Come on CW. Let's start this come back.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well gently caress.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

down with slavery posted:

wow a soundpack thats actually pretty legit

I had my credit card out before the main menu music ended.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Won all my bets except for the PiTER joke bet vs. Titan so far. ez skins

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Won all my bets except for the PiTER joke bet vs. Titan so far. ez skins

Lost on CW hoping for a liquid upset. But I'm using free skins so gently caress it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Crain posted:

hoping for a liquid upset.

same

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well this going bad already.

Edit: oh god this is gonna be a roller coaster.

Crain fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 14, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Liquid should really get rid of Daps

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
nitr0 though

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

mcvey posted:

nitr0 though

Yeah holy poo poo that last round.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Liquid doin work as ct.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Crain posted:

Liquidnitr0 doin work as ct.

Adren needs to step it up.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

xsf421 posted:

Adren needs to step it up.

Yeah 6 kills :comeon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Let's Go Liquid! :csgo:

Edit: Adren with the clutches

Photex fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 14, 2015

• Locked thread